Fear in the church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that a large part of the Church has been rendered ineffective through fear. Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of being hurt, fear of commitment, fear of appearing foolish, fear of appearing pushy, fear of being noticed, fear of being 'super spiritual', fear of hard work, fear of change, fear of ridicule, fear of persecution and fear of making mistakes.

These fears are preventing the vast majority of the Church from taking the Gospel to the people who need to hear it.

Breathe new life into your Church Lord, by the power of your Holy Spirit. Re-ignite our fires Lord. Give us courage and boldness. Dispel our fears and enable us to proceed to bring the Good News of Salvation to the unsaved masses throughout the world. Father forgive our faint-heartedness and ineffectiveness and please show us how to do it.

Raise up leaders to inspire us and lead us. Raise up people of vision who will know how to get this wagon rolling. Raise up a vast army of spiritual warriors Lord. Raise up foot soldiers and supporters. Help us to help the poor and needy in our society.

Help us Holy Spirit to share the riches of your Kingdom with the people who are outside our church circles, and so add to the numbers of those being saved so that in turn they will share this Good News with others.

I myself am full of fear Lord. I bring it to you, please deal with it.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which spirit is the spirit of fear, causing fear, promoting fear , ?

Also that which is not in the born again, set aside, Ekklesia, as noted throughout the New Testament after Pentecost ?

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that a large part of the Church has been rendered ineffective through fear. Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of being hurt, fear of commitment, fear of appearing foolish, fear of appearing pushy, fear of being noticed, fear of being 'super spiritual', fear of hard work, fear of change, fear of ridicule, fear of persecution and fear of making mistakes.

These fears are preventing the vast majority of the Church from taking the Gospel to the people who need to hear it.

Breathe new life into your Church Lord, by the power of your Holy Spirit. Re-ignite our fires Lord. Give us courage and boldness. Dispel our fears and enable us to proceed to bring the Good News of Salvation to the unsaved masses throughout the world. Father forgive our faint-heartedness and ineffectiveness and please show us how to do it.

Raise up leaders to inspire us and lead us. Raise up people of vision who will know how to get this wagon rolling. Raise up a vast army of spiritual warriors Lord. Raise up foot soldiers and supporters. Help us to help the poor and needy in our society.

Help us Holy Spirit to share the riches of your Kingdom with the people who are outside our church circles, and so add to the numbers of those being saved so that in turn they will share this Good News with others.

Beautifully written prayer Pat, and I just prayed it in agreement with any and all who will read it.
I think the Church as a whole forgot that perfect love casts out fear. We are a weak Church age, for sure. I pray also for fortitude in Christ through all of these "unknowns" facing us. It is human to fear because of our loved ones, mostly. It is paralyzing the Church as you say, making us ineffective. I would venture to guess that fear kills more people than a pandemic. God give us courage and strengthen our faith so our peace will return to our souls!
xoxo

Reactions: Pisteuo and Pearl

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All of this fairly screams for the need of something like REBT in our lives, as I have been harping about elsewhere.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that a large part of the Church has been rendered ineffective through fear.
The primary problem with the church is apathy!! We are now in the final end-times church, the Laodicean age.

To the church in Laodicea:
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."

No one cares, and it will only become worse.

Reactions: Joseph77

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Pat

Bless you for the OP

I have found that far from this Covid stopping 'evangelizing' , I have spoken via email to so many unsaved friends who are so worried about catching it or dying from it. I have had the opportunity of sharing the peace that Jesus gives ♥︎

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The primary problem with the church is apathy!! We are now in the final end-times church, the Laodicean age. To the church in Laodicea:
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."
I think that some or even many might 'care'/ but only as in they become anxious, concerned, and then turn to men, instead of to God, for help and comfort and supplies-support -
thus, they willingly take the mark, to be given supplies/ money/ food/ housing/ whatever it is they think is more important than seeking God's Approval , more important to them than trusting God,
as written in Scripture - all Scripture in Perfect Harmony with God's Plan and Purpose in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of this fairly screams for the need of something like REBT in our lives, as I have been harping about elsewhere.
And,
or "or",
what if joy, peace and righteousness IS A GIFT ? (to all Ekklesia), in Jesus ?

as written.

No fear. No depression. No anxiety.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The primary problem with the church is apathy!! We are now in the final end-times church, the Laodicean age.

To the church in Laodicea:

I agree, perhaps apathy is part of the problem.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Pat

Bless you for the OP

I have found that far from this Covid stopping 'evangelizing' , I have spoken via email to so many unsaved friends who are so worried about catching it or dying from it. I have had the opportunity of sharing the peace that Jesus gives ♥︎
I too have been posting things I wouldn't usually.

Reactions: Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Beautifully written prayer Pat, and I just prayed it in agreement with any and all who will read it.
I think the Church as a whole forgot that perfect love casts out fear. We are a weak Church age, for sure. I pray also for fortitude in Christ through all of these "unknowns" facing us. It is human to fear because of our loved ones, mostly. It is paralyzing the Church as you say, making us ineffective. I would venture to guess that fear kills more people than a pandemic. God give us courage and strengthen our faith so our peace will return to our souls!
xoxo
Amen. I agree with that.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, "FEAR" is a human emotion which can be dealt with by "KNOWLEDGE". as in any unknown there is fear, for good reasons. example, if one is on a Job, one is "Learned" in the job, but if you're not train property, your work is in disarray because of the lack of Knowledge of the Job. but once "Learned" then is't second hand, automatic and a pleasure to come to work, but one must LEAR the Job. scripture, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".

as one poster hit at it, "apathy", for, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". that's why Many are afraid, because they rely on what someone else who .... supose to have studied, and found out to be wrong. let God TEACH you. then one can stand and don't be afraid.

PICJAG.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Addressing the OP, "FEAR" is a human emotion which can be dealt with by "KNOWLEDGE". as in any unknown there is fear, for good reasons. example, if one is on a Job, one is "Learned" in the job, but if you're not train property, your work is in disarray because of the lack of Knowledge of the Job. but once "Learned" then is't second hand, automatic and a pleasure to come to work, but one must LEAR the Job. scripture, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".

as one poster hit at it, "apathy", for, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth". that's why Many are afraid, because they rely on what someone else who .... supose to have studied, and found out to be wrong. let God TEACH you. then one can stand and don't be afraid.

PICJAG.
The OP was a prayer. But it's funny that seems to have been overlooked. And I wish you wouldn't use extra large red print as it make it so difficult to read you post.

Reactions: Stan B

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What does the scripture say...2Tim 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

When we know that fear comes from you know who we are able to deal with it.

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Fear dissipates Pearl, when truth liberates. One cannot be fearless when a lie is embraced either consciously or unconsciously.

Consider the disciples pre and post resurrection. While they held the erroneous views that dulled their ears to what Jesus was wanting to reveal to them they suffered it consequences....a weak faith and a fearful disposition.

When they saw Jesus resurrected and their ears opened they joined the dots in the order intended. They embraced the truth and the result was fearlessness evening in the face of death.

Last edited: