• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is not. It is the truth.
Propaganda is communication that is primarily used to influence or persuade an audience to further an agenda in this case by using using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response. So yes, it is propaganda.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
>>No, you follow the propaganda of the pro abortion movement!
Quite the opposite! You are following the false teaching of the anti-abortion movement!

>>God told Jeremiah that before He was even born God KNEW HIm ( had a relationship with Him) So according to you God descends everytime a baby is born and breathes in their nostrils the breath of life? You really donot know the Scriptures then concerning how God started life and then set it in an order.

Are you totally nuts!?!? God knew EVERYONE before the beginning of the world!! How you figure that has anything to do with abortion, is beyond normal common sense. Ultimately, you are revealing that you can't find a single passage in all of Scripture that forbids abortion!

>>Even in teh Mosaic law it shows if a man hits a pregnant woman and the baby dies, he is gulty of manslaughter!

The Bible says no such thing!! That passage of Scripture has to do with an eye for an eye and a life for a life law. For the miscarred fetus, the man was only required to pay a fine, ie like a parking ticket.

You are talking to someone who has studied Scripture, and you are obviously skirting around the Levitical Law that not only approves of abortion, but in some instances demands it!!! Come back when you have taken the time to read the Bible, rather than the political bull being spouted to from pulpits these days.
As I have studied Scripture.

B efore we go further- show me one verse in or passage in Scripture that demands an abortion!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling it "the pro abortion movement" is propaganda
Calling pro pro life anti choice is just as much propaganda.

and the choice movement does believe in abortion and they are pro abortion. Whether they like it or not it is an appropriate moniker.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to respectfully disagree with you my brother. Catholic doctrines such as praying to Mary and "serving" Mary is definitely NOT from God.
Three questions.
1. Are we to immitate Jesus as much as possible in this life? (I would say, "Yes!")
2. Did Jesus ever disobey any of the Commandments? (I would say, "No way!")
3. Did Jesus obey the Commandment, "Honor thy father and mother."? (I would say, "Absolutely!")

So, we should, too.

I'm not sure what you mean by "serving" Mary? We pray to Mary and the Saints, yes, because they are alive and fully united with Christ. Just as St. Paul exhorted all the faithful to "pray for one another" we ask the Saints to pray for us. Being perfectly united to Christ makes them, in a way, far more alive than we are.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought God gave us the scriptures. I learn new things here every day!
God inspired the Scriptures and, inspired the Catholic Church, through the working of the Holy Spirit, to choose the 27 books we all call the New Testament out of the over 300 documents, letters, etc., that it reviewed in the Councils of Hippo (393 A.D.) and Carthage (397 A.D.).

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you mean by "serving" Mary?
Please read the first promise (of 15 total) of reading the rosary.

The Blessed Virgin Mary made these promises to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.”

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please read the first promise (of 15 total) of reading the rosary.

The Blessed Virgin Mary made these promises to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.”

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
The promises of the Rosary are not a doctrine or dogma. It is private revelation. Nice try, though.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God inspired the Scriptures

2 Timothy 3:16-17

English Standard Version

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Catholic Church, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 is FALSE. The ORIGINAL scriptures are NOT complete but, rather, incomplete. So, according to them, they needed to add various doctrines that Jesus and the apostles forgot to include, such as praying to Mary instead of God the Father and a bunch of other stuff.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Timothy 3:16-17​

English Standard Version​

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
God did not dictate the Scripture. He inspired men, over several centuries, to write the Scriptures, within their own capability, language, culture, etc. Scripture is one of the two main ways of communicating the Word of God to man, but only if correctly interpreted. The Word of God, strictly speaking, is not the Bible. The Word of God is Jesus Christ. See the beginning of the Gospel of John. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." He's speaking of Jesus here. The other main way of communicating the Word of God is Oral Tradition, aka, Holy Tradition, which preceded the New Testament and from which the New Testament was taken. See 2 Thes 2:15 where St. Paul puts oral tradition on an equal plane with written tradition (Scripture). Tradition in this sense means teaching.

St. Paul further says, in 1 Tim 3:15, that it is the Church that is the "pillar and foundation of truth" not someone personally interpreting Scripture.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bottom line, @Augustin56 is that to be a Catholic one must believe that the Bible is NOT the complete word of God for men here on Earth. No, the Bible does not contain ALL truths but it does contain what we need to be a follower of Christ. Undoubtedly our education will continue in the hereafter.

I cannot be a Catholic because to be a Catholic is to follow doctrines that are contrary to what God tells us. I encourage you to follow the God of the Bible rather than the worldly institution known as the Catholic Church.

Reactions: Stan B

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy. Have you heard about the 10 Commandments, one of which is "Thou shalt not kill."?
Deuteronomy 17:12
Exodus 22:17
Leviticus 20:13
Leviticus 20:27
Exodus 21:15
Proverbs 20:20
Leviticus 20:9
Leviticus 20:10
Leviticus 21:9
Exodus 22:19
2 Chronicles 15:12-13
Zechariah 13:3
Deuteronomy 22:20-21
Exodus 31:12-15
Isaiah 14:21

And so on and so on and so on

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I have studied Scripture.

B efore we go further- show me one verse in or passage in Scripture that demands an abortion!
Yeah, rather common knowledge:

20But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse d among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.” Num 5

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was until the abomination of Catholicism hijacked the church.
The Catholic Church is the ORIGINAL Church founded by Christ, hands down. It is the oldest Christian organization, without question.

St. Ignatius of Antioch, the bishop of Antioch ordained by St. Peter, was captured by the Romans. While they were transporting him to be martyred for the faith, he wrote a letter to the Smyrnaeans around 107 A.D., referring to the "Catholic Church," not in such a manner as if he were coining the term, but in such a manner in which he fully expected the Smyrnaeans to understand what he was talking about.

It says in paragraph 8, "Where the bishop is present, there let the congregation gather, just as where Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church."

See the entire letter here: https://www.orderofstignatius.org/files/Letters/Ignatius_to_Smyrnaeans.pdf

There were no Protestant churches until the 16th century...long, long after the Church had been in operation!