Folks are tired of a reformation and hunger for a transformation, which Acts 2:38 will provide

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter is still being sifted as wheat.
We will pray for him.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like a whole lotta lovin going on in the early church in acts chapter 2.
What fraud are you speaking of??
Being baptized in Jesus' name?
Perhaps some are baptized in someone else's name.
You know what happens to them don't ya?

The demons don't recognize them and take up housing in their hearts and minds.

I prefer baptism in the name of the Lord.
Amen?
Hugs

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like a whole lotta lovin going on in the early church in acts chapter 2.
What fraud are you speaking of??
Being baptized in Jesus' name?
Perhaps some are baptized in someone else's name.
You know what happens to them don't ya?

The demons don't recognize them and take up housing in their hearts and minds.

I prefer baptism in the name of the Lord.
Amen?
Hugs
The fake, phony, pretending to be the church, fraudsters, are the Acts skippers that ignore Acts 2:38.

Baptism is always and only valid by saying the name of Jesus Christ.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fake, phony, pretending to be the church, fraudsters, are the Acts skippers that ignore Acts 2:38.

Baptism is always and only valid by saying the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen! Good point.

No where will we find anyone being baptized (where there is an actual baptism taking place) in the name of Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

Matthew 28:19 was not an actual baptism taking place. It was a command as to what to DO, not what to SAY verbatim.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason you run away is because you know very well I addressed your post.

Happy trails.
There is a difference between running away and shaking the dust off my shoes and moving on. Once I have presented all the facts to back up my argument from scripture, yet you still stubbornly refuse to accept the truth, why should I continue to waste my time beating a dead horse? Continue to argue just for the sake of arguing is childish.

Reactions: marks

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between running away and shaking the dust off my shoes and moving on. Once I have presented all the facts to back up my argument from scripture, yet you still stubbornly refuse to accept the truth, why should I continue to waste my time beating a dead horse? Continue to argue just for the sake of arguing is childish.

I let the scripture tell us what it says the living water is...

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

You then cry and run away.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

thinking..

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I let the scripture tell us what it says the living water is...

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
[39] (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

You then cry and run away.
You are not taking all of the Scriptures into consideration and it truly amazes me to see how everything that I explained to you in post #65 just went right over your head. You are a confused child who has nothing better to do than stir up contention with believers and promote your perverted water gospel.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a growing process and we all have to go through different levels.

Patience is the key.
Hugs

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not taking all of the Scriptures into consideration and it truly amazes me to see how everything that I explained to you in post #65 just went right over your head. You are a confused child who has nothing better to do than stir up contention with believers and promote your perverted water gospel.

This is what YOU call "perverted"...

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what YOU call "perverted"...

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
[17] And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I already went over this with you in post #38, but unfortunately, I can see that everything I explained to you in that post went right over your head as well. I’m beginning to believe you are incorrigible.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does baptism save us or not?...

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Yes or no?
Yes!

Baptism absolutely saves us! Well, rather, Jesus saves us, and being immersed into Jesus, that's what we need!

Romans 6:3 KJV
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Much love!

Reactions: Truther and Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context my friend.

Also, Jesus said to pluck your eyes out and amputate your hand....unless you are perfect....
A more careful reading, perhaps, because that's not what He said.

Jesus said, IF your eye cause you to sin, pluck it out.

Does your eye cause you to sin? Or is it your flesh?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He thinks Jesus was strangely saying this....

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of HIS MOTHER'S AMBIOTIC FLUID and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

LOL

John 3:3-8 KJV
3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4) Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8) The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
born...
like born on the wings of a dove..
born of water.. like Moses down the nile
born of the river which flows from the Garden.. of the Throne of God.

born?

gennáō, ghen-nah'-o; from a variation of G1085; to procreate (properly, of the father, but by extension of the mother); figuratively, to regenerate:—bear, beget, be born, bring forth, conceive, be delivered of, gender, make, spring.

1. in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone
    interesting...