For free will believers out there

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see is what the scripture says that the Only Begotten Son of God in God's form then emptying himself and became human. So first this scripture is saying that before the Only Begotten Son of God became human he was in God's form then he became human

Careful you are getting close to admitting Jesus is far more than Mochael the archangel. that can get you disfellowshipped from the Watchtower!

And the term :
Phl 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Which you say measn emptied HImself, does not mean He gave up His divinity, but gave up its privilege's and rights as the context shows us.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald Nolette said:
Obviously you pretend to know people when you don't! I take responsibility for my own choices and not seek to blame others for what I allow myself to do or think.[/Quote\]

Yet you blame the watchtower for my choices.

Ronald Nolette said:
YOu now have Jesus as the only begotten Son of God,
the archangel Michael
a perfect man
a powerful life giving spirit.[/Quote\]

I believe Philippians 2:5-9 which tells us that the Only Begotten Son of God before he became human existed in God's form but emptied himself and became a slave, became human.
Existing in God form, is consistent with what the name Michael means, "Who is like God?" What you or anyone else thinks of that doesn't change what I believe. There's too many people who keep denying it was the Only Begotten Son of God who became human and died for the world of mankind. The scriptures show us that the last Adam became a life giving spirit at 1Corinthians 15:45.
Careful you are getting close to admitting Jesus is far more than Mochael the archangel. that can get you disfellowshipped from the Watchtower!

And the term :

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Which you say measn emptied HImself, does not mean He gave up His divinity, but gave up its privilege's and rights as the context shows us.

Wrong, just as always you continue to deny that the Only Begotten Son of God became human in the likeness of the first man, Adam. The Only Begotten Son of God became human Ronald, not God and human, or a God-Man.
Also what I said about Philippians 2:5-9 is consistent with what the watchtower says, which shows how ignorant you are concerning what the watchtower says about Philippians 2:5-9

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the issue. The issue is what “made” there denotes. That it denotes a becoming rather than a making. The other translations have got that on the clear by using “became” instead of “made”.

Tong
R2411
no, 'made' denotes created from scratch, not evolving(becoming) into another life form.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the He, before his humanity, was in heaven. He pre-existed. Thus Jesus just came down from heaven when He came to the world. He was in the form of God then, but took the form of man when He came to the world. He was not like you or I in that sense, who were born into existence.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is the LORD (YHWH), the King of Israel, He is the first and the last.

Tong
R2412
He existed as the man Christ Jesus before the world began, not an invisible Spirit percentage of God that turned part human and part Spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see is what the scripture says that the Only Begotten Son of God in God's form then emptying himself and became human. So first this scripture is saying that before the Only Begotten Son of God became human he was in God's form then he became human
What is "God's form", Barney.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That is not the issue. The issue is what “made” there denotes. That it denotes a becoming rather than a making. The other translations have got that on the clear by using “became” instead of “made”.
no, 'made' denotes created from scratch, not evolving(becoming) into another life form.
That’s what you seen to want the Greek word “egeneto” to denote, when it denotes, “ to become”.

Tong
R2414

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what you seen to want the Greek word “egeneto” to denote, when it denotes, “ to become”.

Tong
R2414
Then why didn't the KJV translators agree with the modern translators and use the word "become" like they did?

Or, did the phony modern translators(Strongs also) change it per their bias some 300 years after?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the term :

The highlighted speaks of a man(biological human, sinless, royal son of God), not a Spirit God.(The King's biological son).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Jesus said the He, before his humanity, was in heaven. He pre-existed. Thus Jesus just came down from heaven when He came to the world. He was in the form of God then, but took the form of man when He came to the world. He was not like you or I in that sense, who were born into existence.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is the LORD (YHWH), the King of Israel, He is the first and the last.
He existed as the man Christ Jesus before the world began, not an invisible Spirit percentage of God that turned part human and part Spirit.
<<<He existed as the man Christ Jesus before the world began,>>>

Really?

<<<not an invisible Spirit percentage of God that turned part human and part Spirit.>>>

That is a straw man.

Tong
R2415

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Then why didn't the KJV translators agree with the modern translators and use the word "become" like they did?

Or, did the phony modern translators(Strongs also) change it per their bias some 300 years after?
<<<Then why didn't the KJV translators agree with the modern translators and use the word "become" like they did?>>>

How would I know?

<<<Or, did the phony modern translators(Strongs also) change it per their bias some 300 years after?>>>

I would not think that. You can check out all Greek dictionaries and lexicons, and see whether “egeneto” once meant “made” and not “became”.

Tong
R2416

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tong2020 said:
The question was WHO was Him who became flesh (man) in coming to the world, as the Messiah, the Savior of the world?

According to apostle John, He was the Word, who was God (John 1:1).[/Quote\]

I've told you several times that the him who became flesh(human) was the Only Begotten Son of God. You either believe that or you don't.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Really?

<<<not an invisible Spirit percentage of God that turned part human and part Spirit.>>>

That is a straw man.

Tong
R2415
Jesus was actually seen by God, slain before the world was made.(Rev 13:8)

God prophecies nothing.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<Then why didn't the KJV translators agree with the modern translators and use the word "become" like they did?>>>

How would I know?

<<<Or, did the phony modern translators(Strongs also) change it per their bias some 300 years after?>>>

I would not think that. You can check out all Greek dictionaries and lexicons, and see whether “egeneto” once meant “made” and not “became”.

Tong
R2416
No, you don't get what I am saying.

How old are those resources and who made them?

Fact is, they all attempt to debunk the KJV to satify their own ego's as modern smart guys.

Every time a modern fella says "this actually also can mean that", they are inventing a new meaning.

Only trust the KJV, not fake modern seminarians that think their credentials give them authority to change meanings.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only trust the KJV

Not that crap again! The KJV has problems coming and going.

The KJV has many errors, most notably who the 3 witnesses are in 1 John 5:8. More than that, it translates into near Middle English. Not only the words but the sentence structure is not spoken today.

The KJV is the greatest book ever written in the English language but its time has come and gone. I enjoy reading. Specifically, I enjoy reading in my language, American 2021.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
The question was WHO was Him who became flesh (man) in coming to the world, as the Messiah, the Savior of the world?

According to apostle John, He was the Word, who was God (John 1:1).[/Quote\]

I've told you several times that the him who became flesh(human) was the Only Begotten Son of God. You either believe that or you don't.
I believe what scriptures says. And what scriptures says is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of Man, the Son of God, and is the Word who was God, the Lord and Savior, who became flesh. All of that.

Tong
R2418

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Really?

That is a straw man.
Jesus was actually seen by God, slain before the world was made.(Rev 13:8)

God prophecies nothing.
Of course, God knows all and sees all, visible or not to us.

Tong
R2419

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

How would I know?

No, you don't get what I am saying.

How old are those resources and who made them?

Fact is, they all attempt to debunk the KJV to satify their own ego's as modern smart guys.

Every time a modern fella says "this actually also can mean that", they are inventing a new meaning.

Only trust the KJV, not fake modern seminarians that think their credentials give them authority to change meanings.
Do that. It’s your right.

<<<Fact is, they all attempt to debunk the KJV to satify their own ego's as modern smart guys.>>>

That’s not a fact. It’s just your opinion.

<<<Every time a modern fella says "this actually also can mean that", they are inventing a new meaning.>>>

That’s an empty accusation, unless....proven.

Tong
R2420