For those who don't believe in prophets today....explain this

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we are to share the gospel and try to win people to Christ.

But at the same time we have an obligation to obey the law. The apostles never violated the property rights of others.

The times you're talking about was when a lot of cults arose. Mormonism, Jehovah witness, radical Pentecostalism and the utopian societies, in example.

I studied all this. What you are calling revival wasn't.
edited post #258.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it...?
I don't think it is...but then again, I have the gift of tongues and therefore I have not felt the condemnation that comes from it to those who do not have the gift.

I don't think that there is anything doctrinally wrong with radical Pentecostalism.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't think it is...but then again, I have the gift of tongues and therefore I have not felt the condemnation that comes from it to those who do not have the gift.

I don't think that there is anything doctrinally wrong with radical Pentecostalism.
My angle is really the Sufficiency of the Scriptures, viewed positively.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding of Oneness is that they do not deny the Trinity but emphasize the Oneness of God in order to promote a more accurate understanding of the Trinity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My understanding of Oneness is that they do not deny the Trinity but emphasize the Oneness of God in order to promote a more accurate understanding of the Trinity.
Well, it's not a subject that it's worth remaining vague about... Matthew 28, John's First Epistle, etc. state it emphatically.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized in a Oneness church and I believe in the Trinity: but I also try to emphasize the Oneness of the Lord.

D

Dave L

Yes, but you are drawing your own line of transition...which is a good point, and worthy of discussion. But he does not say that prophecy, etc. are over until "the end."

But it is good to hear you coming to this point, because it may mean we are making progress.

Which, if we can discuss it...if you can even go there with this mental block toward the Spirit...then what Paul is saying rather, because he also says the gifts are given for these times...its that the end has come - if you can receive it, and yet for those who cannot receive it, for their sake the gifts continue. It is this transitional point that has you confused. You are saying that the end has come, before your yourself have received it.

But that is way deeper water than we should be going into since you have disavowed any spiritual gifts during these times against the greater word of God. And you are not reconciling all the word, but have singled out only that which you have received, rejecting the rest. Those with such convictions should not teach or preach.
The pharisees added to scripture with their oral traditions which weren't too different from those with extra biblical information.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did they baptize you in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost?
They baptized me in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. On three separate occasions I was baptized in this manner.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3 times? Maybe you reckoned that the first 2 times you hadn't been a believer after all...
I have had assurance issues my whole Christian life; because one of the first scriptures that I ever read was Matthew 7:21-23.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pharisees added to scripture with their oral traditions which weren't too different from those with extra biblical information.
We are not talking about that.

As for this discussion, I will pick up where you left off hitting on the fact that the transition line that Paul drew for the end of prophecies, etc., was at "the end." But with his other comments on gifts of the spirit for these times, what you are saying is not untrue - but only true for those who have received "the end" and yet are "alive and remain." Yet that would leave his other comments on spiritual gifts in effect until "the end" for those who have not received "the end" (i.e., the kingdom of heaven coming upon us at the time of Christ) which "has" "made all things new." Which would delay "the end" for those until they receive it, or until natural death.

But now we have entered into the complexities of the old and the new, the living and the dead, the flesh vs. the spirit, and the coming of "each in his own order." Which I should think you are not ready to bear. But perhaps is still worth mentioning, if for no other reason than to show you that you are in over your head.

D

Dave L

We are not talking about that.

As for this discussion, I will pick up where you left off hitting on the fact that the transition line that Paul drew for the end of prophecies, etc., was at "the end." But with his other comments on gifts of the spirit for these times, what you are saying is not untrue - but only true for those who have received "the end" and yet are "alive and remain." Yet that would leave his other comments on spiritual gifts in effect until "the end" for those who have not received "the end" (i.e., the kingdom of heaven coming upon us at the time of Christ) which "has" "made all things new." Which would delay "the end" for those until natural death.

But now we have entered into the complexities of the old and the new, the living and the dead, the flesh vs. the spirit, and the coming of "each in his own order." Which I should think you are not ready to bear. But perhaps is still worth mentioning, if for no other reason than to show you that you are in over your head.
The Revelation of Jesus Christ written by John marked the end for seeking the gifts, according to Paul fro reasons already provided.