Found In Christ 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:9,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you were to look at what Paul is saying in this verse very close, you can see he uses or talks about his righteousness, his faith, and a law. But he also talks about the righteousness that is in Christ or Christ's righteousness, the faith of Christ, and a law.

Most of our scholars will not conclude such a thing, most are works based, and as far as living by another faith (the faith of Christ), that is unheard of and does not exsist. Although Paul uses the language "the faith of Christ," it will be translated "faith in Christ." As we have mentioned before as much as we want to pay credence to our learned scholars "where brilliance ends, revelation begins."

The Lord has fixed it where the little old lady or man sitting in the corner minding their own business, may have more understanding in the deep things of God than the duely prepared. They may not be able to put it in all the fancy educated vernacular, but in their way of expressing Christ make the great impact of a witness. This verse is known as a two-ness verse, there is two righteousness's, two faith's, and two law's. What is my righteousness? My righteousness is what I do to feel good. We know the gathering of the saints is part of Christianity, if I need to go to a building to feel righteous or feel it makes you holy, that is the law working in you to make you feel good.

The problem with that is it bypasses the Christ in you. He stays dormant in you until you have the understanding that your life is Christ now, his righteousness, his faith, the law of the spirit is all him. What is my faith? My faith is what I can work up to believe God. Whole movements have been spawned on peronal faith to the Chagrin of most. Everything Paul had was by another, his life, his righteousness, his faith, and the law fulfilled all in Christ. The saints that try so hard to climb up some other way are left empty and alone, there is only one way.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Philippians 3:9,

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

If you were to look at what Paul is saying in this verse very close, you can see he uses or talks about his righteousness, his faith, and a law. But he also talks about the righteousness that is in Christ or Christ's righteousness, the faith of Christ, and a law.

Most of our scholars will not conclude such a thing, most are works based, and as far as living by another faith (the faith of Christ), that is unheard of and does not exsist. Although Paul uses the language "the faith of Christ," it will be translated "faith in Christ." As we have mentioned before as much as we want to pay credence to our learned scholars "where brilliance ends, revelation begins."

The Lord has fixed it where the little old lady or man sitting in the corner minding their own business, may have more understanding in the deep things of God than the duely prepared. They may not be able to put it in all the fancy educated vernacular, but in their way of expressing Christ make the great impact of a witness. This verse is known as a two-ness verse, there is two righteousness's, two faith's, and two law's. What is my righteousness? My righteousness is what I do to feel good. We know the gathering of the saints is part of Christianity, if I need to go to a building to feel righteous or feel it makes you holy, that is the law working in you to make you feel good.

The problem with that is it bypasses the Christ in you. He stays dormant in you until you have the understanding that your life is Christ now, his righteousness, his faith, the law of the spirit is all him. What is my faith? My faith is what I can work up to believe God. Whole movements have been spawned on peronal faith to the Chagrin of most. Everything Paul had was by another, his life, his righteousness, his faith, and the law fulfilled all in Christ. The saints that try so hard to climb up some other way are left empty and alone, there is only one way.
It is sometimes referred to as 'objective genitive', i.e., 'faith of Christ' can be read 'faith in Christ'.