The NRSVue returns to a KJV translation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase "faith of Jesus Christ" is found 3 times in the KJV as follow -

"Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" (Rom 3:22 KJV)

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Gal 2:16 KJV)

"But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe." (Gal 3:22 KJV)

Most translations after the KJV changed that to "faith in Jesus Christ".

The New Revised Standard Version updated edition 2021 has gone back to the KJV reading in all three places as "faith of Jesus Christ"

When I read Jude 3, I believe it is speaking of "the faith of Jesus Christ" -

"Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints." (Jude 1:3 NRSV)

When asked, I often state that I am a follower of the faith of Jesus Christ, based on these verses. I suppose I feel I am expressing more the teachings of Jesus Christ in that phrase, rather than the teachings of church tradition expressed "the Christian faith".