Free from sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 10, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=medium]Some folks will tell you that you in this life you can never be free from sin, and that you will always sin[/SIZE], and be in sin. But this my friends is not of faith in the good news gospel and power of God in Jesus Christ. That is another gospel, and doctrine of doubt in what the power of God can do you in your life by faith in Jesus Christ.

[SIZE=medium]Jesus came to save us from our sins, to cleanse us from all iniquity[/SIZE], and to also set us free from sin, and to also give us the power by the grace of God so that sin shall not rule over you, but rather righteousness.
[SIZE=medium]Matthew 1:21[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins[/SIZE].

[SIZE=medium]1 John 5:17[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]All unrighteousness is sin[/SIZE]:….” Jesus cleanses us from all sin>>>[SIZE=medium]1 John 1:9[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “If we confess our sins[/SIZE], he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. = 0 sins left after cleansing. And then he empowers us by His Spirit and by Christ working in us (seed of promise) to remain sin free>>>[SIZE=medium]1 John 3:9[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin[/SIZE]; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” = being “In Christ” and not being “in sin”.

[SIZE=medium]Being made free from sin….[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romans 6:3-7Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?4 [/SIZE]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.[SIZE=small]5 [/SIZE]For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:[SIZE=small]6 [/SIZE]Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.[SIZE=small]7 [/SIZE]For he that is dead is [SIZE=medium]freed from sin[/SIZE].”

[SIZE=medium]Romans 6:18[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] “Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romans 6:20[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romans 6:22[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Romans 8:2[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin[/SIZE] and death.

[SIZE=medium]John 8:34-36 “Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin[/SIZE].[SIZE=small]35 [/SIZE]And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
[SIZE=medium]36 [/SIZE]If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

[SIZE=medium]So don’t doubt the power of God in Christ Jesus, but rather believe. Peace [/SIZE]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is sin? According to Apostle John sin is transgression of God's law, the ten commandments..do you keep them?
Sin came because of the fall of man, long before the law was given to Moses. Read genesis.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
No one is free from sin, we are knee deep in it. "All have sinned" (Romans 3:23). But of course, believers can be cleansed of sin.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Read 1st John
Save you teh trouble

Rom_5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Who was tha tman?? Adam, how long after Adam did teh law come??

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I believe that we will always struggle with sin until the day our soul is separated from our fleshly body. Gal 5:16-17. God gave us a free will to choose to walk according to his will or to satisfy the desires of our own heart....choose life! Joshua 24:15

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul uses sin in multiple ways. It can be used in the sense of a slipping or misstep, a violation of a command or an evil power that dwells within a person that causes them to rebel against God. The latter is the primarly use of how Paul refers to "sin," especially when it is not used as a plural (Sin, rather than sins). For instance,

“Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.” (Romans 7:20, ESV)

Here, "sin" is not merely the violation of a command, but a power that has been brought into the world through Adam's transgression which reigns over mankind in death. Paul's concern primarily is not merely that we cease doing evil acts, but that we overcome the power that dwells in our flesh that causes us to reject and rebel against what is good. Through Christ, we can overcome the power of sin and begin to love that which is good. The result will be our sanctification. The act of sinning is merely the fruit of a person who is under the power of sin and the flesh. Christ came to set us free from our bondage to sin's power and that is his primary focus.