Freedom From Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed." John 8:36.

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion, they are doing the law. When one is doing the law, they are doing their religion. Any religious thing that we do is a work of the law.

Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20.

Christians are not under the law or religion, nor are they subject to it. Because "CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS TO EVERYONE THAT BELIEVES" Romans 10:4. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. If you don't believe and trust in this, then you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned by the law, Romans 4:15.

Catholics and others are under the law, Not only are Catholics under the law, but they are also in bondage to the Catholic church, The 33 Canons of the Council of Trent condemns anyone that opposes them or violates them. Paul said, "There is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death, Romans 8:1.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins and not in yourself or your religion or your righteousness. No one will enter heaven that is not trusting in Christ and his Gospel for their salvation. Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion is not an indication of faith; religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36. Trust in Christ alone and be free from the curse of the law, Galatians 3:10.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed." John 8:36.

The words "law" and "religion" basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion, they are doing the law. When one is doing the law, they are doing their religion. Any religious thing that we do is a work of the law.

Paul said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20.

Christians are not under the law or religion, nor are they subject to it. Because "CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS TO EVERYONE THAT BELIEVES" Romans 10:4. Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. If you don't believe and trust in this, then you are under the law and will be judged by the law and condemned by the law, Romans 4:15.

Catholics and others are under the law, Not only are Catholics under the law, but they are also in bondage to the Catholic church, The 33 Canons of the Council of Trent condemns anyone that opposes them or violates them. Paul said, "There is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death, Romans 8:1.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins and not in yourself or your religion or your righteousness. No one will enter heaven that is not trusting in Christ and his Gospel for their salvation. Religion is a diversion away from Christ and his Gospel. Religion is not an indication of faith; religion is an indication of the absence of faith.

If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36. Trust in Christ alone and be free from the curse of the law, Galatians 3:10.
I know what it is like to be in spiritual bondage because I have been there. When I was a new Christian, I joined a Baptist church that had strong Pentecostal tendencies. Some of the people in that church believed that they had conquered sin, death and the devil. They were what you would call "Higher Lifers" well guess what? I became one of them. I thought that is what I was supposed to do. I became the chief of all Pharisees. I was preoccupied with me, myself and I. I could care less about what Jesus had done for me. My main preoccupation was to be holy like the Pharisees. My quest for holiness caused me to become the chief of all hypocrites. When I discovered the Gospel and justification by faith, I got out of that church like the building was on fire.

Reactions: Nancy