Galatians 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Note: The religious will read this (maybe) but will have no sympathy for the end of the man who was reaching out for God.
It has been my lot to find out, first hand, the results of those that teach sinless perfection in the flesh. How it causes many to turn away from Jesus.
A tragic story:
When I was about 25 years old I worked for a factory in Chattanooga, Tennessee. One night when I was working the third shift the security guard came and told me that a man was at the gate wanting to talk to me.
It was a fellow worker at the plant who worked on the first shift and he was very distraught about Christianity. He said he wanted to be a Christian but it just didn't seem to work for him.
I found that he had been talking to some Christians that were telling him that if he was a Christian he would stop sinning. He wanted to stop sinning but he said he couldn't because he still had those fleeting thoughts of sin in his mind and, of course he was told that if you think it you have done it in your mind. He wanted to know what I believed about it.
I told him that Jesus came to save those that could not save themselves; to do for them what they could not do, that to believe in Jesus is to believe in what He did on the cross and to trust that it has saved you.
I also told him that I still sin (I was being honest) and that everyone sins. He said what he had been told by other Christians, that if he sinned he was not a Christian and that I must not be one either since I said I still sinned. A week later this young man killed himself.
It is obvious that this young man had emotional problems. It is also obvious that the Holy Spirit was convicting him of his sins so that he would turn to Jesus. But I saw, first hand, what the message of the self-righteous does to those that are seeking to be a Christian. They don't go in themselves (because they still sin too) and they prevent others that would go in from doing so, all because they want to see themselves as better, and more righteous, than others.
Matt 23:11-13
11 "But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 "And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.
13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
(NKJ)
If I show anything to the world let it be the love of Jesus Christ for mankind and what He has done on the cross for all that will place their trust (faith) in Him.
But the religious want to make a show that they do not sin any longer.
Now if you wish to say that I should have told him I no longer sinned in the flesh because God has changed me, then I would be bearing false witness just as those that did it to him and those that do it today.
1 John 1:8
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV ---------------- But the claim of many is that they no longer sin in the flesh.

Many, not understanding what sin really is, have lived in the flesh and yet claimed to be in the Spirit. This is wrong, no doubt.

But you falsely tack this on to what some here are saying. The truth is very simple, if one walks in the Spirit he does NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh, and if we abide in him we walk just as he walked.

As I said in my response to williemac, I have not attained this... But I do not, just because I have not yet seen with my own eyes, or attained, say that it is not true. The standard of Christ remains, even if only one man ever reaches it.

The truth is that everything is possible with God, and God is able to overcome... That includes in us!

A wise man would encourage such a man, that God is merciful, and that God is patient, and that God is not looking for those who cannot help themselves... When you say that, it is perfectly true, God is here to save those who can't save themselves! :) But His salvation is not just a future event when, once we die, we are finally pure. Rather now, though we are weak, by his power he cleanses us and fills us that we might be conformed now. From there, we learn to conform ourselves to him in our characters and to live in the Spirit as Christ does.

The only thing you take out of the equation, Richard, is God's power to save us from the nature of sin now, and to actually make us live by a new power.... But this is what the gospel is about, that we would come together to live in his presence, in his power, so that we would be conformed to him. Taking this out of the gospel nullifies it's power and cuts us of from what Jesus wants to do TODAY.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such there is no law. The first three are they which come to us from God, and the latter six are they that come out from within towards others, in the strength of the first three. Self control is often misunderstood. the catergory here is our treatment of others.

This is how Jesus walked. This is how we are to walk.

He will say.." inasmuch as you did it to the least of these, you did it to Me".
Christianity for some has merely become another self improvement organization. This isn't about behavior modifiction. This is about a new creation. There are methods that work, but ultimately cause distress in the heart. We see this in many homes, where children are not given a healthy self image. They may learn to behave themselves, but in the end they resent their parent(s) and go out into the world with disfunctions. And many fall hard.

There are those who come to Christ that have been abused, lied to, oppressed... are disfunctional, addicted, damaged, mentally unstable, weak minded...and on and on. There are often miracles that help those on the way to recovery. But there are also many religious organizations that run roughshod over people in the effort to change their behavior.

Some change almost literally overnight. Some are healed of their wounds. But what about those who struggle? Does Jesus break a bended reed? Does he snuff out a smouldering wick? He said otherwise. So I advise we walk as He walks in this regard as well. Do we kick a man who is down? Or do we lend him a loving hand? This is what assurance is for. It is there for these times. There are many doctrines and messages that serve to interfere with or take away one's assurance. Do that and we take away the some of the power to change.

This is counter intuitive. Many look at the so called grace message as a license to sin, or the permission to live an unchanged life. But the message of assurance, while it may seem like a permissive message, actually is the message that heals the heart and provides a healthy envoirnment for the Christian walk. We should not underestimate the power of a healthy self image.

There are many who do the right things for the wrong reasons and walk with little or no joy, and little or no peace.

A big Amen to the first 4 of 7 paragraphs! :) Christianity has nothing to do with self-improvement... I agree wholeheartedly that this is about a new life, and the fruit of the Spirit. But then here is what I'm trying to get to, if by God's Spirit, and nothing of our own efforts, we have experienced joy and love in the Lord, how then can we say God is powerless to so fill us with this love and joy that no vile thing could enter? Is his power limited? The scope of his reach into our lives restricted by some greater force (the flesh??) ? Do we limit how much we believe God can do and will do if we really seek him with all our hearts?

I hope you understand I am in no way condemning those who do not walk like this... I have told you, I have not attained it myself.... We encourage the week, and hope to give the strength. We seek with them.... All the while upholding the standard of Christ. When a man runs a race, there is a prize, and though we might not yet have attained it, we must keep our eyes on it. The prize is Christ himself. Wisdom is that to whatever we have already attained, we live up, and what we have not, we strive towards in the Lord.

One who walks with no love or joy does not know the Spirit. :) When we are in Christ, we are filled with the same life, love, joy, peace.... And this leaves space for nothing else! May we arrive at such a place!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
The truth is that everything is possible with God, and God is able to overcome... That includes in us!

The only thing you take out of the equation, Richard, is God's power to save us from the nature of sin now, and to actually make us live by a new power.... But this is what the gospel is about, that we would come together to live in his presence, in his power, so that we would be conformed to him. Taking this out of the gospel nullifies it's power and cuts us of from what Jesus wants to do TODAY.

You say that everything is possible with God and yet you proclaim that God will not save sinners unless the sinner can overcome his sinful nature by his/her choices.

You are taking out of the equation the fact that salvation is a free gift and does not depend on us to stop sinning in the flesh. No where in scripture does it say we must stop sinning in the flesh in order to be saved. -- I claim that the POWER to save sinners is the work of God (Jesus) on the cross. It is not our power. His shed blood is the POWER of GOD to save everyone. And everyone still sins while living in sinful flesh. To teach otherwise is to proclaim the word of God to be a lie.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV ---------------- But the claim of many is that they no longer sin in the flesh.

If we walk in belief, faith, trust and confidence in the work of God on the cross we no longer sin in the eyes of God because the shed blood covers all our sins of the flesh.

Walking in belief, faith, trust and confidence in the shed blood of Jesus to cover our sins is walking in the Spirit. But the religious will never see this because they insist that God will not save a sinner.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The faith of the few is to believe in the power of the gospel first preached by Jesus and then the apostles. This is not a gospel of a continued bondage to sin....but an overcoming through the filling of the Holy Spirit. :)

Reactions: Prentis

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The faith of the few is to believe in the power of the gospel first preached by Jesus and then the apostles. This is not a gospel of a continued bondage to sin....but an overcoming through the filling of the Holy Spirit. :)

Amen! :)

You say that everything is possible with God and yet you proclaim that God will not save sinners unless the sinner can overcome his sinful nature by his/her choices.

No. I say God will judge, and will have mercy on who he has mercy.

But the standard of Christ remains, and by the power of the gospel (not 'our decisions' as you say) we can be as he is. I do not care to judge men, but I care that the truth be preached, and not destroyed, so that those who have ears to hear could enter by faith.

The purpose of the message is not getting people 'saved', or salvation as an end. God can have mercy on whoever he wants, we don't have to help him make the right decisions! ;) But the purpose is that people would enter into intimacy with Christ in the brethren.

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched —this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. [sup]2 [/sup]The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. [sup]3 [/sup]We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. [sup]4 [/sup]We write this to make our joy complete.

How can people believe and enter into this unless they hear the testimony of it?

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

The gospel first preached by Jesus and the apostles was that Jesus was ready to set up the promised kingdom of the Jews. They did not preach the gospel of God's grace that Jesus gave to Paul for us today. To ignore this is to come up with a blended gospel of both law and grace and that destroys both. You can't mix law with grace.

I am free from the bondage of the sinful flesh because it can no longer condemn me before God. But those that preach a blended gospel of law with grace are never free.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The gospel first preached by Jesus and the apostles was that Jesus was ready to set up the promised kingdom of the Jews. They did not preach the gospel of God's grace that Jesus gave to Paul for us today. To ignore this is to come up with a blended gospel of both law and grace and that destroys both. You can't mix law with grace.

I am free from the bondage of the sinful flesh because it can no longer condemn me before God. But those that preach a blended gospel of law with grace are never free.

Actually you believe you are freed from the responsibility for your own actions. So you wish to be seen as an adult yet you wish the irresponsibility of an infant. That is not what Jesus is referring to when He says we must become as children. Did Jesus die to save spoiled brats? This mockery has called the name of Christ to be blasphemed among men. The enemy scoffs at a church that refuses to grow up.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
No. I say God will judge, and will have mercy on who he has mercy.

BUT the standard of Christ remains, and by the power of the gospel (not 'our decisions' as you say) we can be as he is.

Only in the Spirit can we be like He is. There is no way we can be like Christ in these sinful bodies. God does not save the sinful flesh. Galatians 3:2-6

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
NKJV

Philippians 3:2-3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

Actually you believe you are freed from the responsibility for your own actions. So you wish to be seen as an adult yet you wish the irresponsibility of an infant. That is not what Jesus is referring to when He says we must become as children. Did Jesus die to save spoiled brats? This mockery has called the name of Christ to be blasphemed among men. The enemy scoffs at a church that refuses to grow up.

When you become perfect and no longer sin in the flesh you can say this. But since you still sin in the flesh you are being a hypocrite.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only in the Spirit can we be like He is. There is no way we can be like Christ in these sinful bodies. God does not save the sinful flesh. Galatians 3:2-6

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
NKJV

3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

When you become perfect and no longer sin in the flesh you can say this. But since you still sin in the flesh you are being a hypocrite.

Then you do not believe in the gospel according to anew creation on Christ. You are an unbeliever who has twisted the meaning of sciptures in order you might yet claim to be saved in your unbelief.

Your accusation of being a hypocrite is ironic. Paul himself admitted that he had not yet attained. Is he a hypocrite for preaching we are dead to sin??? So either I and Paul are right or you are. You claim that there is nothing further to attain... you call this works.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc

NKJV

NKJV

If it is only in the Spirit we can be like him and you do not believe we can be in the Spirit then that makes you.... an unbeliever.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Against such there is no law. The first three are they which come to us from God, and the latter six are they that come out from within towards others, in the strength of the first three. Self control is often misunderstood. the catergory here is our treatment of others.

This is how Jesus walked. This is how we are to walk.

He will say.." inasmuch as you did it to the least of these, you did it to Me".
Christianity for some has merely become another self improvement organization. This isn't about behavior modifiction. This is about a new creation. There are methods that work, but ultimately cause distress in the heart. We see this in many homes, where children are not given a healthy self image. They may learn to behave themselves, but in the end they resent their parent(s) and go out into the world with disfunctions. And many fall hard.

There are those who come to Christ that have been abused, lied to, oppressed... are disfunctional, addicted, damaged, mentally unstable, weak minded...and on and on. There are often miracles that help those on the way to recovery. But there are also many religious organizations that run roughshod over people in the effort to change their behavior.

Some change almost literally overnight. Some are healed of their wounds. But what about those who struggle? Does Jesus break a bended reed? Does he snuff out a smouldering wick? He said otherwise. So I advise we walk as He walks in this regard as well. Do we kick a man who is down? Or do we lend him a loving hand? This is what assurance is for. It is there for these times. There are many doctrines and messages that serve to interfere with or take away one's assurance. Do that and we take away the some of the power to change.

This is counter intuitive. Many look at the so called grace message as a license to sin, or the permission to live an unchanged life. But the message of assurance, while it may seem like a permissive message, actually is the message that heals the heart and provides a healthy envoirnment for the Christian walk. We should not underestimate the power of a healthy self image.

There are many who do the right things for the wrong reasons and walk with little or no joy, and little or no peace.

The changed life is one of understanding your own sinful nature and understanding that only God can save you. When you understand this you can love others because you are no better than they. You do not know how it feels to be stuck with a pin until you are stuck with one.

It is belief in the fact that Jesus' shed blood reconciles a person to God. The change is to see that you are sinful in the flesh just as other men and want to be not-sinful. But that does not mean we are sinless or that we, in the flesh, can ever be sinless. It is understanding this fact that we are changed; changed from a religious life of works and self-righteousness to a life depending on God's grace shown in Jesus' shed blood.

A license to sin is the charge that the religious lay against the grace message given to Paul. If you haven't been told that, then you are not teaching the Gospel of grace.

No child of God """""WANTS TO SIN""""". But the religious will say that I must be a bad sinner because of what I believe; that I must want to sin. However, they accused Paul of having a license to sin because of his message of grace. The religious should read Romans 7 and show me where Paul said he had a license to sin; or that he """WANTED TO SIN""".

Romans 7:15-25
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
NKJV

Now if verse 25 indicates that we are changed in the sinful flesh then the words """but with the flesh the law of sin""" would not have been included.

Then you do not believe in the gospel according to anew creation on Christ. You are an unbeliever who has twisted the meaning of sciptures in order you might yet claim to be saved in your unbelief.

Your accusation of being a hypocrite is ironic. Paul himself admitted that he had not yet attained. Is he a hypocrite for preaching we are dead to sin??? So either I and Paul are right or you are. You claim that there is nothing further to attain... you call this works.

A new creation """""IN CHRIST""" is not the same as a new creation in the flesh.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A new creation """""IN CHRIST""" is not the same as a new creation in the flesh.

But you are missing the point here. Paul said "Christ lives in ME"...It is not just we living somewhere in neverland called Christ as you say. There is a reality that makes real saints...you may have read about them.

The proof that Christ lives in us and we in Him is that we walk as He walked. To deny the reality of a holy walk in Christ is to fall into one of 2 camps....either Christ sins through you or there is no new birth whereby we can receive the holy nature of Christ. In the former heresy Christ Himself is doing the sinning...and in the latter heresy Christ cannot overcome Adam which makes Adam the champion over Christ. Both heresies are equally off the mark.

the truth is that one cannot sin IN Christ. Our effort should be to let go our strength in order to be clothed with His strength. Only a 100 % consecration to God will open up the full walk of Christ...before that we are still affected by our own weaknesses (which we cling to as if they were strengths). So OUR strength leaves no room for Christ. But our weakness when it is a total weakness then makes room for Him to live THROUGH US.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Not by a human faith in Jesus...but rather by the faith OF Jesus who is living in you.

The kingdom of God works the opposite way to the way we can reason as humans. You are operating in a carnal reasoning and what is already possible for fallen humans to do so you cannot have any faith in Christ. The "faith" you have made up that you think saves you is just a scheme to save your own skin.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

According to what you say, this is nonsense! Man cannot be sanctified and blameless in his body... But this is not what the word says.

1 Peter 4 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
[sup]2 [/sup]That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

While still living in the flesh, we no longer live to the lusts of men, and cease from sin, to live to the will of God. This is the gospel.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible is written in such a way as to protect the truth from the carnal mind. God has engineered the bible so that in these later times men would perfect a lie that sounds pretty close to what can be construed from the bible. But these hate the truth.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The flesh nature has to be killed in order to walk in newness of life in the holiness of the Spirit. No sin is possible there. To mortify means do COMPLETELY away with. Dead is dead.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We, that are "dead to sin"??? This is certainly not referring to many would peruse these forums. Rather it seems some have a quest to prove that we cannot be dead to sin while yet living in the flesh...in direct contradiction of the scriptures. The nerve of some people!! ;(

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
The bible is written in such a way as to protect the truth from the carnal mind. God has engineered the bible so that in these later times men would perfect a lie that sounds pretty close to what can be construed from the bible. But these hate the truth.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The flesh nature has to be killed in order to walk in newness of life in the holiness of the Spirit. No sin is possible there. To mortify means do COMPLETELY away with. Dead is dead.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We, that are "dead to sin"??? This is certainly not referring to many would peruse these forums. Rather it seems some have a quest to prove that we cannot be dead to sin while yet living in the flesh...in direct contradiction of the scriptures. The nerve of some people!! ;(

You just can't understand that when you are dead to the law you are no longer condemned by it. You think "How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein" means we no longer sin in the flesh and that is all wrong.

I am dead to sin, therefore my sins of the flesh can no longer condemn me. Since I am dead and buried with Christ the law has no effect on me. My life I live is not under the law but under grace through faith in God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You just can't understand that when you are dead to the law you are no longer condemned by it. You think "How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein" means we no longer sin in the flesh and that is all wrong.

I am dead to sin, therefore my sins of the flesh can no longer condemn me. Since I am dead and buried with Christ the law has no effect on me. My life I live is not under the law but under grace through faith in God.

This is hilarious!! :D You have to be joking here!

I get the joke!!! Hey, I didn't write this post...my fingers did! LOL

seekandfind

Jun 21, 2012

2 Peter 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc

No. I do not say God will not save a sinner... I say that the standard of a Christian is the full stature of Christ. The great evil is to justify oneself in our sins. God will forgive the humble sinner... But if he claims to be a saint, he's not humble, but self deceived... And twisting the scriptures to his own gain... and ultimately his own perdition.

God can forgive a humble sinner, and he can make the man of faith to walk as he walked... But the one who seeks to make himself great while living in corruption, he will bring down. Humble thyself in the sight of the Lord, and he will lift you up... And pride comes before a fall!

You are taking out of the equation the fact that salvation is a free gift and does not depend on us to stop sinning in the flesh. No where in scripture does it say we must stop sinning in the flesh in order to be saved. -- I claim that the POWER to save sinners is the work of God (Jesus) on the cross. It is not our power. His shed blood is the POWER of GOD to save everyone. And everyone still sins while living in sinful flesh. To teach otherwise is to proclaim the word of God to be a lie.

If we walk in belief, faith, trust and confidence in the work of God on the cross we no longer sin in the eyes of God because the shed blood covers all our sins of the flesh.

Walking in belief, faith, trust and confidence in the shed blood of Jesus to cover our sins is walking in the Spirit. But the religious will never see this because they insist that God will not save a sinner.

The very power you claim can save men from judgment you also claim cannot empower them to be as he is. Indeed, the one who claims he has no sin is a liar, but the one who says he abides in Christ ought to walk as he walked. How can we, if we are dead to sin, continue in it?

Walking in the Spirit is a walk in power, not mind games. The one who walks in the Spirit is truly conformed to Christ... Unless you believe that if you walk in the Spirit, you will fulfill the lusts of the flesh, but just not be accountable for it! ;) Slight twisting of the scriptures, don't you think!

haz

Feb 17, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
A license to sin is the charge that the religious lay against the grace message given to Paul.

Hi RichardBurger,

Correct, this is the typical agument the religious/works crowd put foward.

Yet the works crowds own obvious lawlessness, whilst they judge those under grace as lawless, shows that they do not know Christ anyway.

For the works crowd Tit 1:16 says:
"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate"

But for the grace crowd here, Tit 3:16 says
"But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. [sup] [/sup]Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, [sup] [/sup]knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned."

Seems there's no point to admonish the works crowd. Instead we just continue to preach the gospel of grace here instead.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
License to Sin:

Since I teach the freedom that the children of God have “IN CHRIST”, that they are set free from the sins that are committed in their flesh, the religious always throw out the charge of “having a license to sin.” That is their standard reply.

If a religious person was honest they would see that committing sin and then pulling out their get out of sin “repentance” card is the same thing, their license to sin all they want to.

Think about it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
License to Sin:

Since I teach the freedom that the children of God have “IN CHRIST”, that they are set free from the sins that are committed in their flesh, the religious always throw out the charge of “having a license to sin.” That is their standard reply.

If a religious person was honest they would see that committing sin and then pulling out their get out of sin “repentance” card is the same thing, their license to sin all they want to.

Think about it.

Good thing there is an alternative to these two licenses to sin; walking by the power of Christ whereby we are no longer slaves to sin... If we would enter by faith! ;)