Genuine trustworthy teachers of Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey all,

Couldn't find a thread for what I was looking for so deciding to start one of my own. I was just wondering if you knew of any great, informed teachers of Scripture who posts videos online? Looking for discernment on this because there are so many deceivers abound or those who just don't teach biblical truths. I would like any recommendations to be genuine, educated, and trustworthy. Perhaps your local church leader? Or simply someone whose opinions and teachings on Scripture you trust, who just wants to spread the Word faithfully and truthfully and who seems to have no alterior motives (money). This means no Billy Graham, no Hagee, no Copeland, Osteen, well you get the idea. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey all,

Couldn't find a thread for what I was looking for so deciding to start one of my own. I was just wondering if you knew of any great, informed teachers of Scripture who posts videos online? Looking for discernment on this because there are so many deceivers abound or those who just don't teach biblical truths. I would like any recommendations to be genuine, educated, and trustworthy. Perhaps your local church leader? Or simply someone whose opinions and teachings on Scripture you trust, who just wants to spread the Word faithfully and truthfully and who seems to have no alterior motives (money). This means no Billy Graham, no Hagee, no Copeland, Osteen, well you get the idea. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

JW.org does it for me 51

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pslam22,

Shawn is a pretty cool teacher,

www.cult.love - it is 3.16$ to join, the price was going to be 20$ a month they changed it to 3.16 for a reason. This is an online teaching campus with courses one can take, along with 1,000+ worth of video teachings from going through the New Testament verse by verse, they are now going verse by verse through the Old Testament.

Here is some of his online YouTube videos,

He also says to others to not believe him but always go to the scriptures and do your own research and may you be lead by the Holy Spirit, sound guy, though many look at him as highly heretical.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey all,

When I was saved by God, it came after a wonderful early life of 33 years, then a victim of crime and a downward spiral until I finally came to the end of myself. Not having any Christian upbringing, I had only heard that maybe there was a god; and after knocking on every other door, one night I just began talking to Him. To my surprise...He answered--capital "G."

I was caught up in the spirit above the earth, returned, lead to discover His word, read it cover to cover in about 10 days...and then continued to read it cover to cover for enough times I lost count, never stepping foot into a church. When I did, it was to appease my new Christian wife. But what I have discovered, is that much if not most of the scriptures were and are not well represented, and many not at all accurately according to my years of knowing nothing but God and His word in a personal relationship. Which is interesting to me to say the least, because what I asked for during that first encounter, was answers. And having Him answer me in such a way of biblical proportion, hearing the error and misunderstanding and misrepresentation coming from the church--which I have now gone on to attend and visit countless more over the years--it completely surprised me. I have loved a few, but never, ever, have I come across any that fulfilled what you seem to be asking referral for--not one.

Now--I still go, and yes, I love much of it. I mean, I consider the church my people, so hanging out with them, even being imperfect--well, they're family, so I show up. And yes, I have talked to pastors and most just scratch their head and continue on as they were. So I just hear the words again and smile or weep, but am reminded of what I have learned from the Source, who answered me when I cried out in the night, and who gave me answers when I asked.

Thus, my advice is to expect nothing from men, refer always to God in word and spirit, but do not forsake the gathering together of His people in spite of the shortcomings. And if you have questions, ask.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey all,

This is one of the most humble and Biblically accurate Bible teachers I have ever seen in the semi-mainstream.

Justin Peters is physically handicapped, but spiritually mighty in The Word and he boldly calls out False Teachers and False Doctrine.

Reactions: MatthewG

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hey all,

I'm afraid to say, but after the reformers died, you won't find sound, genuine biblical truths from anyone but in Christ alone.

Joh 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

If you read carefully Pilate asked the question: What is truth? But did not WAIT for a reply from the lips of our Lord Christ Jesus.
J.