Get In A Bible Preaching Church!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As did many, many people and a lot of them went back home and started something similar.

And that is just what Dave and I did too...and God's anointing ( via Chard) was upon it...no pulpit , and we sat in three rows in a big circles in a huge room we rented. Anyone could speak , sing, or prophesy , testify etc as the Spirit led...and He did !! It grew so quickly , it was not us , it was all God.

Never seen God's anointing on anything since during those years of that 'outpouring'. Someone told me it was the ebbing of the great wave that started in 1949 with the Latter Rain Revival ...Started by George Warnark and others ...the wave rose , crested , broke...and we caught that latter end of it in the late 60 and early 70's . Nothing like it since.
Even the Kings Churches now , though better than most, do not have that anointing on them. I personally believe it is because Uncle Sid kept his hand off ,and allowed God to "do His thing"....since then slowly, slowly man feels he just must control and oversee the meetings. ( Putting the Holy Spirit out of His job ) :(

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit after 10 years at South Chard which was exceptional and life-giving, my experience of the church leaves a lot to be desired. Here in Australia, there are many good churches, but very few Spirit-led churches. When we first arrived here 40 years ago, we were taken to one of the leading AOG churches and told afterward that the good thing about AOG churches they were not the same. In other words, they were different every week.

As this church was not where we lived we took a look at the local AOG churches. Guess what. They were all the same every week. Over the years we went to various AOG churches and there was not one single difference in any of them. In addition, any church that we went to that was listed as pentecostal or charismatic, was the same as the next one. They all had their programme and the Holy Spirit never got a look in.

There was one that was a bit different and the people were quite friendly and welcoming but it didn't last long because the pastor couldn't keep his hands of the women.

In the end, we settled for second best but I got so bored with sitting on the premises instead of standing in the promises I had to leave because it is not my idea of fun to flog a dead horse. Every suggestion I made to grow or improve the church was met with no thanks, we know what we are doing. The church that I left where this was the case had about 130 attending. Now it has about 30. New people come but for everyone that does another one goes out the back door.

The church here seems to be a revolving door. They come and they go either because it is boring or the minister is God almighty and does his best to keep everyone under his thumb. Having said that it is ideal for those who just want to do their weekly penance and not get involved.

You gotta laugh. "That was a wonderful sermon."

"Was it. What was it about."

"Um, I can't remember but I know it was wonderful."

In other words, it was nothing you could do anything with.

These days I get more out of blessing the saints on the internet and reading and learning in readiness for the outpouring of the Spirit that is coming and praying and asking the Lord to build us a church that is his church.

"These days I get more out of blessing the saints on the internet and reading and learning in readiness for the outpouring of the Spirit that is coming and praying and asking the Lord to build us a church that is his church." <--- WORD brother!

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can pray for them.

See something now in reverse! When our two children were teenagers, just about finished with high school, it was mom and dad who drifted away from God. Son and daughter were fully involved in serving God praying, reading their Bibles, attending church services and special fellowship meetings faithfully... when we were astray.

They held on... keeping us in their prayers... until God hold of me and my wife and drew us back in...

Ha! Talk about a reversal, lol. How awesome is that?? You don't hear that kind of thing happening very much :)

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And that is just what Dave and I did too...and God's anointing ( via Chard) was upon it...no pulpit , and we sat in three rows in a big circles in a huge room we rented. Anyone could speak , sing, or prophesy , testify etc as the Spirit led...and He did !! It grew so quickly , it was not us , it was all God.

Never seen God's anointing on anything since during those years of that 'outpouring'. Someone told me it was the ebbing of the great wave that started in 1949 with the Latter Rain Revival ...Started by George Warnark and others ...the wave rose , crested , broke...and we caught that latter end of it in the late 60 and early 70's . Nothing like it since.
Even the Kings Churches now , though better than most, do not have that anointing on them. I personally believe it is because Uncle Sid kept his hand off ,and allowed God to "do His thing"....since then slowly, slowly man feels he just must control and oversee the meetings. ( Putting the Holy Spirit out of His job ) :(
That sounds really wonderful Helen.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good for your uncle Sid for letting it flow like that!
xoxo

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good for your uncle Sid for letting it flow like that!
xoxo

He was just known by everyone as "Uncle Sid".
I only met him at the meetings.
Wish you could have been there too. It was life changing...really xx

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was just known by everyone as "Uncle Sid".
I only met him at the meetings.
Wish you could have been there too. It was life changing...really xx

Yes, I believe it was life changing, I can tell when you write about the old days

Reactions: Helen

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hands-off is the right term. A lot of the time you didn't know he was there because he was short he didn't stand out.

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've yet to find a church that teaches and lives in obedience unto God. They are all infiltrated and corrupted in these end times sadly. Apart from how they live and the doctrines they teach most of them make it obvious who they servse by the satanic pagan occult symbols in their church logos.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hands-off is the right term. .

You think?
What about when Uzzah put out his hand to steady the Ark ...(David’s fault because the priests should have carried it on staves. ) God was angry and struck him down.

Most Pastors today dare to put their hand on the meetings which should be directed by God , not by them . :)

Reactions: marksman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You think?
What about when Uzzah put out his hand to steady the Ark ...(David’s fault because the priests should have carried it on staves. ) God was angry and struck him down.

Most Pastors today dare to put their hand on the meetings which should be directed by God , not by them . :)
I once had a 'thought picture' of my church as a ship with the leader's hands on the wheel steering it. A little later I 'saw' the same ship but with God's hands on top of the leader's. I told him both times and realised that it should be God's hand on the 'wheel'. He had gone within a few months.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was chatting to a lady who I used to see in a church I had left, She mentioned a vision she had, than a door appeared on the side of the building and Jesus appeared, than with an angel he walked down some stairs to the bottom stood than turned around an walked back out,

I said really , oh she says last time He came he didnt even come down he just turned and walked out, yet she wouldnt leave even though HE wasnt it it, people just dont want to see it for what it is. Just read about Moses trying to get the people out of Egypt, how hard it was,

Let my people go so they may serve Me, but the Pharaohs wont let Gods people go, and many simply wont leave, than teh plagues this bit

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
These are marks of a good, local church: :)

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." (Acts 2.42)