Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Matthew 24 speaks of two tribulations. The great Jewish tribulation that befell Jerusalem in 70 CE. And "that Tribulation" which pertains to Christians and spans the entire NT era followed by distress in the heavens and Christ's return on earth's last day. The Rapture follows the resurrection on the last day. Followed by the conflagration of the universe.

Reactions: Acolyte and Naomi25

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again, no, you are disagreeing with the Matthew 24 Scripture that Jesus revealed His coming and gathering of His Church is after the tribulation:

How about you cut with the accusations...and give it a rest of focusing on what OTHERS have said about themselves.

Tell us about YOU...

What are YOU going to be DOING during the TRIBULATION?

What TRIBE do you Belong to?

Why will you be "MOURNING" when YOU are on earth and SEE the Son of man descend from the Clouds?

And Where in Scripture are YOU described as the ELECT?

Matt 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

KJV

Mark 13:24-27
24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27 And then shall He send His angels, and shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

KJV

That event of the gathering to Christ takes place "after that tribulation" like Jesus said. That is what you have denied. That Scripture is very plain, a direct statement from Lord Jesus.

How about you answer the questions ABOUT YOU?

Glory to God,
Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24 speaks of two tribulations. The great Jewish tribulation that befell Jerusalem in 70 CE. And "that Tribulation" which pertains to Christians and spans the entire NT era followed by distress in the heavens and Christ's return on earth's last day. The Rapture follows the resurrection on the last day. Followed by the conflagration of the universe.

I don't agree that it's showing two tribulations. I only see one time of great tribulation being shown there in Christ's Olivet discourse, the same timing that Daniel 12:1 showed about the end of this world.

What I can agree with you on that point, is how the destruction of the temple mount buildings and some of the events given in the Luke 21 version of our Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse could be seen to point to the 70 A.D. destruction of Jerusalem and the temple, and then the Jewish diaspora of that time. However, the main signs even in that Luke 21 chapter are really about the very end of this present world, and parallel the Seals of Revelation 6 leading up to Christ's return.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you'll have to write out your questions more clearly, Post #50 is a pretty clear summation and post #109 is clear as well so I'm really not sure what you're not understanding. Maybe this will help, I see Rev. as sequential.

There is nothing clear about your understanding of the Tribulation or you timeline of prophetic events.

In post #54 you said the 70th week is 7 years.

In your post #50, fifth line down, you said the 70th week will conclude with Christ's return at Armageddon. So, you just count backwards to find the beginning of the 70th week.

You say in post #58 that tribulation is not the same as judgement, but in post #109 you say the majority of the 70th week is judgement upon the earth.

You say in post #38 there is no tribulation.

For some reason you don't want to call the 70th week the Tribulation and you want to deny that the 70th week is a period of judgement. You contradict yourself concerning the 70th weeek. This is where the confusion lies.

Stranger

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing clear about your understanding of the Tribulation or you timeline of prophetic events.

In post #54 you said the 70th week is 7 years. Yes.

In your post #50, fifth line down, you said the 70th week will conclude with Christ's return at Armageddon. So, you just count backwards to find the beginning of the 70th week. Yes.

You say in post #58 that tribulation is not the same as judgement, but in post #109 you say the majority of the 70th week is judgement upon the earth. Yes.

You say in post #38 there is no tribulation. No, I said there is no 7 yr. long tribulation prophesied and I said there is a short term GT within the context of the 70th week.

For some reason you don't want to call the 70th week the Tribulation and you want to deny that the 70th week is a period of judgement.??? see the bold you wrote 2 paragraphs up! You contradict yourself concerning the 70th weeek. This is where the confusion lies. There is no contradiction, all I'm pointing out is that the term "tribulation period" shouldn't be used as it is confusing to many regarding the proper interpretation of prophecy, like pre-tribbers for example. They expect a rescue that is never promised because of a misinterpretation of prophecy by confusing the timeline with labels that are grammatically incorrect and I say this as one who was a pre-tribber for 40 yrs.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trekson

What is the purpose of the 70th week?

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean all of it, and not just some of it?

It's a simple question. What is the purpose of the 70th week?

Stranger

To test a world that has gone deeper into sin than it ever has before, separate those who are hopelessly lost from those that can be saved, bring the time of the Gentiles to an end, restore Israel and establish the MK.

As said, if God didn't act man will wipe themselves off the face of the earth.

Reactions: Helen

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean all of it, and not just some of it?

It's a simple question. What is the purpose of the 70th week?

Stranger
What Corel said in #150 but I would add testing the church in the beginning of it as well, What do you think it is?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Corel said in #150 but I would add testing the church in the beginning of it as well, What do you think it is?

Is that really all you have to offer. "What Corel says"? "What do you think"? In other words, you have no idea. Which is what I expected in the first place, as your order of events was constantly conflicting and it is apparent you don't know have any idea.

Do a study and get back with me, and tell me what 'you' think the purpose of the 70th week is. Please use Scripture.

Stranger

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind? Time is short!!
Paul Begley
I too wondered if the coming blood moon had any significance. I really hope that the time is soon. I think that things have gotten too bad - we know that something is going to break in this country, we just don't know what.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree it is important to be ready to go, I feel it is just as important to be ready to stay. Regardless of one's end times beliefs until they're history, they are all only possibilities, speculations and assumptions about our understanding of prophecy. Nothing is guaranteed accept the fact of His return.

I see a troubling issue among some believers who don't try to make this world a better place for our children, and children's children. I believe it's our absolute duty to be a light in the world. Where are the churches when ungodly things are being taught in the schools and other evils? There is so much that each of us can do. We shouldn't wait for a pastor or church to begin taking action, I think we should take action on our own. A friend has frustrated me because she complains about how things are and how she felt bad when her grandchildren were born because things are so bad, yet she and her husband never lift a finger to try to do anything about the evil overtaking society. Her belief is "God will do it." By her and her husband not doing their part, they're making other Christians take on their burden and they're not being a restraining influence on the evil in the world. I've urged them to contact representatives and they ignore even that. They're good people, and attend church but don't do anything outside of attending church.

This is what I think we should all do until God ends it. I've heard Christians say that it's "supposed" to get bad. We know what prophecy says but I don't think that lets us out of doing our duty to improve this world in whatever ways we can. I think we're to do more than bake cookies for the church social or teach a Sunday School class. This is just my take. "The harvest is plenty but the workers are few."

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath.
We haven't escaped all that's taking place now so maybe we need to pray more. From what I can see, the world is becoming uninhabitable for Christians. There is shock after shock. I have a hard time reading the news.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is much to be said for understanding what "WATCHING" actually is. (It is NOT staring hopefully at the Eastern sky for a glimpse of an escape pod.)
Hey...if I thought an actual escape pod might come flying out of the Eastern sky...I would probably enjoy the occasion 'hopeful watching' of the horizon! A good chair...some popcorn..

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey...if I thought an actual escape pod might come flying out of the Eastern sky...I would probably enjoy the occasion 'hopeful watching' of the horizon! A good chair...some popcorn..

Then why don't you do that in anticipation for the Second Coming of Christ. Or are you saying He can't come right now?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is much to be said for understanding what "WATCHING" actually is. (It is NOT staring hopefully at the Eastern sky for a glimpse of an escape pod.)

So you are not to anticipate or watch for the Second Coming of Christ? In other words, can He return today?

Stranger

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind? Time is short!!
Paul Begley

Jeremiah 29:5-7 BSB
5‘Build houses and settle down. Plant gardens and eat their produce.
6Take wives and have sons and daughters. Take wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Multiply there; do not decrease.
7Seek the prosperity of the city to which I have sent you as exiles. Pray to the LORD on its behalf, for if it prospers, you too will prosper.’

We are to occupy until he returns for us. Enjoy the life he has established for us looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Life is very very short. Billy Graham said the most amazing thing about life is the speed at which it passes.

Enjoying the abundant life with Jesus through good times and bad as we look for his return.

When he calls we lay down this life and go with him to the place he has made for us. No need to stress about it he will come for everyone that looks for his return with joyful expectancy. And so shall we be with the Lord forever. Amen.

Reactions: Taken