God alone chooses, causes belief, bears fruit, newly births, grants repentance, and erupts true love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our gracious Benefactor produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)

AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Ephesians "Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love" (Ephesians 1:3-4)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God

2. beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God

3. beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God

4. beneficiaries' birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God

5. beneficiaries' repent by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Matthew 11:25)

AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus' words with thier saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life" (Acts 11:18)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)

6. beneficiaries' love by God's working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another" (John 13:34)

AND John is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7, see the phrase "love is from God" meaning God is the source of true love)

AND John expands with his writing of "God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him" (1 John 4:16, see the phrase "one who abides in Love" is equivocated with "one who abides" "in God" which extends from God's exclusivity with "God is Love")

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does everything for reasons and purpose and God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19) What reason did God choose you but not the guy down the street?? Answer=God is outside time, God sees the beginning and the end in the now and chooses some and not others because He knows who will at some point in their life will not reject Him and chose to believe.

Reactions: Nancy

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does everything for reasons and purpose and God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19) What reason did God choose you but not the guy down the street?? Answer=God is outside time, God sees the beginning and the end in the now and chooses some and not others because He knows who will at some point in their life will not reject Him and chose to believe.

@GISMYS_7, please look at what you wrote.

You literally quoted Jesus' words of "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16) then you immediately repent (think differently afterward) to write "He knows" ... "chose to believe". Your words are polar opposites to the Word of God.

Also, please see the original post's item 2 about the Word of God describing "believing in Jesus" (John 6:29).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! What reason did God choose you but not the guy down the street?? Answer=God is outside time, God sees the beginning and the end in the now and chooses some and not others because He knows who will at some point in their life will not reject Him and chose to believe.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! What reason did God choose you but not the guy down the street?? Answer=God is outside time, God sees the beginning and the end in the now and chooses some and not others because He knows who will at some point in their life will not reject Him and chose to believe.

@GISMYS_7, the Word of God far supersedes the thoughts of men for it is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Again, you previously quoted Jesus' words of "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16) then you repent to write "He knows" ... "chose to believe". Your thoughts are polar opposites of God thoughts.

Also, please see the original post's item 2 about the Word of God describing that a person believing in Jesus is the act of God (John 6:29).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God expects us to think when we read His Word. Now think and try to answer. ""Why"" do you think God choose you but not the person next to you?? God does nothing without having reasons and purpose.
God says He is unwilling that any perish but you can choose to reject God and perish.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theology in points 3 and 4 are not biblical at all.

1. The correct translation in 1 Pet. 1:3 shows Peter saying "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,". Peter was not supporting the evangelical belief of what it means to be born again at all(especially because Christ clearly told Nicodemus that someone who is truly born again is as visible to the human eyes as wind). Peter was reminding his audience of their conversion, which is far different from being born again as a God Being(and yes, that is exactly what Christ was referring to).

2. The responsibility is clearly on the Christian to bear fruit, though God's Spirit helps them achieve that(Matt. 13::23, 3:8-10, 12:33, Jhn 15:5, Rom. 12:1, Rev. 3:21, etc.).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God expects us to think when we read His Word. Now think and try to answer. ""Why"" do you think God choose you but not the person next to you?? God does nothing without having reasons and purpose.
God says He is unwilling that any perish but you can choose to reject God and perish.

God expects the children of God to believe the Word of God (John 3:18).

God expects the children of God not to add to the Word of God (Proverbs 30:6) - such as you have done when you wrote "He knows who will" ... "chose to believe" with you having previously quoted Jesus' words of "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16). Your words are polar opposites to the Word of God.

Also, please see the original post's item 2 about the Word of God describing that a person believing in Jesus is the act of God (John 6:29).

You answered your own question in your own thoughts, not the Word of God, and truly your thoughts are not God's thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Truly, God does things for God's good pleasure (Philippians 2:13, Revelation 4:11).

The Apostle Paul addressed your question before you even asked your question in 'You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory' (Romans 9:19-23).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! God calls ""ALL"" but many reject God's calling, God is unwilling that any perish but all are free to choose to believe or reject!!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The theology in points 3 and 4 are not biblical at all.

The theology in points 3 and 4 are entirely biblical in all.

1. The correct translation in 1 Pet. 1:3 shows Peter saying "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,". Peter was not supporting the evangelical belief of what it means to be born again at all(especially because Christ clearly told Nicodemus that someone who is truly born again is as visible to the human eyes as wind). Peter was reminding his audience of their conversion, which is far different from being born again as a God Being(and yes, that is exactly what Christ was referring to).

The Apostle Peter mentioned that the children of God are born again (or begotten again) to his audience in 1 Peter 1:3; therefore, Peter indicates there is such sa thing as born again (or born from on High) in 1 Peter 1:3.

Peter echoes Christ's meaning of born again (or born of God) in 1 Peter 1:3 when Christ declares the mercy of God with "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8).

2. The responsibility is clearly on the Christian to bear fruit, though God's Spirit helps them achieve that(Matt. 13::23, 3:8-10, 12:33, Jhn 15:5, Rom. 12:1, Rev. 3:21, etc.).

None of your cited verses indicate that people are the source nor cause of bearing righteous fruit.

For example, Christ says "apart from Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5) in respect to the Word of God "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit" (John 15:5).

The phrase "Fruit of the Holy Spirit" is possessive thus indicating God's ownership of the fruit.

Fruit of the Holy Spirit of God (Galatians 5:22-23) is owned by God, not man, but truly caused by God in man.

IN CLOSING, God exclusively causes the children of God to bear good fruit for the Word of God says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21) (see item 3 in the original post).

And, God exclusively causes the children of God to be born again (or born from above) for the Word of God says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3) (see item 4 in the original post).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!
Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
"confess" is a fruit/deed caused by God because the Word of God says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21) (see item 3 in the original post).
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved.
"believe" is an action caused by God because the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) (see item 2 in the original post).
For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................
---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
"call" is a fruit/deed caused by God because the Word of God says "he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21) (see item 3 in the original post).
An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!
Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen
"repent" is a change of mind caused by God because the Word of God says "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes" (Matthew 11:25) (see item 5 in the original post).

The truly repentant person is crushed by his sin against God and believes in Jesus' redemptive shedding of His precious blood to cover those sins thus he is saved from the wrath of God to be poured out on all the ungodly unbelievers without uttering one phonic of your prayer.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! God calls ""ALL"" but many reject God's calling, God is unwilling that any perish but all are free to choose to believe or reject!!
Your words of "all are free to choose to believe", in effect, indicate that you reject the Word of God, Who says "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16) as well as "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:5
However, to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. Choose to believe!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:5
However, to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. Choose to believe!

"believes" in Romans 4:5 is an exclusive work of God because the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29) (see item 2 in the original post).

Romans 4:5 does not contain the word "choose"; therefore, you wickedly add "Choose to believe" to the scripture of the Apostle Paul!

I am glad that you keep posting these passages that glorify God exclusively controlling man's salvation, not man doing anything for salvation, but truly God exclusively causing man to be saved from the wrath of God.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I see the issue that @Kermos is having with what you wrote:

The thing about God "seeing the beginning and the end in the now", is that it's not a prediction of things that have not yet occurred. It is rather, that the creation of time does not make for it's own reality-- God's timeless reality is the only reality, and time as we experience it is more of a storyline...and whether we have yet to do something or not at any given point in the storyline (like believe in God), doesn't change anything about the conclusion. In other words, if one is the last to know--that is simply because God has not revealed it to you in your part of the story. But the story is already written in God, already a fact in the timeless reality of God. And, yes, God alone made it happen...we just walk it out and do what we do because of who we are. He who is not against us, is for us.

I would say you are both correct :)

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I see the issue that @Kermos is having with what you wrote:

The thing about God "seeing the beginning and the end in the now", is that it's not a prediction of things that have not yet occurred. It is rather, that the creation of time does not make for it's own reality-- God's timeless reality is the only reality, and time as we experience it is more of a storyline...and whether we have yet to do something or not at any given point in the storyline (like believe in God), doesn't change anything about the conclusion. In other words, if one is the last to know--that is simply because God has not revealed it to you in your part of the story. But the story is already written in God, already a fact in the timeless reality of God. And, yes, God alone made it happen...we just walk it out and do what we do because of who we are. He who is not against us, is for us.

I would say you are both correct :)

Hello @ScottA,

I can say that you are close to an issue, but not quite there. I cannot agree with "I would say you are both correct" based on the Holy Scripture.

Examined.scripturally, @GISMYS_7 literally quoted Jesus' words of "you did not choose Me" (John 15:16) then GISMYS_7 immediately repented to write "He knows who will" ... "chose to believe", so GISMYS_7's words are polar opposites to the Word of God

By God's grace, for God's glory, exclusively God saves man from the wrath of God, man is the joyful and blessed recipient of God's gracious Salvation, but all aspects of Salvation are caused by God as shown scripturally in the original post.

Reactions: ScottA

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @GISMYS_7,

The concept of God knowing all things, even knowing before events occur, requires that the outcome of all things is destined beforehand, even predestined (Romans 8:29).

God knew before Jesus said the words that Jesus would say "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of thw world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

This means that God knows before that the children of God do not say "I chose Jesus", or at least repent of saying such a thing for the children of God indwelt by the Holy Spirit know that to say "I chose Jesus" equivocates to robbing God of the glory that is God's alone.

As the original post shows:
  1. a person cannot choose Jesus - nor "accept" Jesus, nor any such decision (John 15:16, John 15:19, Ephesians 1:3-4).
  2. a person cannot choose to believe Jesus (John 15:16, John 6:29, Ephesians 2:8-10, Acts 15:8-9).
  3. a person cannot choose to do the works/deeds/fruit of the Spirit of God (John 15:16, John 3:21, Philippians 1:11).
  4. a person cannot choose to be born of God (John 15:16, John 3:5-8, 1 Peter 1:3).
  5. a person cannot choose to righteously repent (John 15:16, Matthew 11:25, Acts 11:18).
  6. a person cannot choose to love Jesus (John 15:16, John 13:34, 1 John 4:7, 1 John 4:16, John 3:33).

By God's Grace, For God's Glory,
Kermos