God does not drag all....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
What are you talking about?Please give some examples for you sure are not making any sense?I am the one quoting scripture here.If you are not here to debate then a forum is the last place you should be. This is where false truths become a religious lie.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
gumby;72510]I personally have a problem with the theory said:
That is purely 100% incorrect. Force does not make love... it only makes lack of love... in short... it's a form of Hate!John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.This verse clearly indicate that God refused to force upon His children to love Him! May I suggest another verse?II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.Again, no forcing love upon His children... That's not the God I know...Blessings

gumby

May 29, 2009
Jordan;72659]That is purely 100% incorrect. Force does not make love... it only makes lack of love... in short... it said:
If ye love me' date=' keep my commandments.[/COLOR'][/I] This verse clearly indicate that God refused to force upon His children to love Him! May I suggest another verse? II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Again, no forcing love upon His children... That's not the God I know... Blessings
I think you meant to say correct instead of incorrect freind, i never stated that god forces anyone into anything. I think you might have misread what i said jordan :)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
gumby;72662]I think you meant to say correct instead of incorrect freind said:
I guess sometimes it's hard to read posts... I mean it sounds like you are saying the opposite... but of course ... never mind I am wrong... I apologize.Blessings

gumby

May 29, 2009
Jordan;72664 said:
I guess sometimes it's hard to read posts... I mean it sounds like you are saying the opposite... but of course ... never mind I am wrong... I apologize. Blessings
Thats ok mistakes happen :)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
savedbygrace57;72669]ben ask: [QUOTE]What are you talking about?[/QUOTE] Your posts said:
What is is new? savedbygrace57 is still too busy in his lifetime placing a hypocritical judgment call upon everybody that has a different believe than him. (savedbygrace57). My, my, I wonder what Father thinks of your sinful action. :rolleyes:

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
So how is man saved?By his freewill or choice?Problem is there is no such thing as freewill or choice when it comes to salvation in the Bible. The word draw us as stated in John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw (Gk(drag) him: and I will raise him up at the last day. The word draw is the Greek word from Strong’s 1670: helkuo (hel-koo'-o);or helko (hel'-ko); probably akin to 138; to drag (literally or figuratively): There is no choice for the person when God draws you, drags you or forces you to come; it is God's choice not little man. . The truth of the supernatural and all-powerful DRAWING of God is one of the most neglected of all the great truths of God's Word, and yet it is one of the most important. Undoubtedly the reason for its neglect is that it is repugnant to the world of unregenerate man, and professing Christians whose theology denies the sovereign and infinite grace of God. One of the chief characteristics of apostate Christendom is that it vigorously opposes any teaching of Scripture that refuses to give man the glory. Therefore any doctrine of the Bible that declares man's helplessness apart from the activating power of God is bound to arouse the ire of the adversary and his followers. One of the forms of HELKO is used in the Song of Solomon (in the Septuagint, Greek Old Testament) to speak of the love of the Bridegroom which causes the Bride to cry out to her maidens: "DRAW me after thee!" (S. of S. 1:4). The irresistible power of the heavenly Bridegroom's love for His betrothed creates a corresponding love in her heart. It is the heavenly One who initiates the love, creating faith and devotion in His beloved as He reveals Himself to be desirable and trustworthy. Already she has been drawn unto Him in deeper hunger; already she has longed for the kisses of His mouth, those tender moments of communion and prayer, wherein is revealed His love. Already she has smelled the sweet odors of His oils; already she has beheld Him upon the cross for her, she has beheld HIS LIFE poured out for her. This but increases her desire to be drawn with greater power, with stronger cords of love, with greater call to separation, and even with greater suffering, that she may arise and run AFTER HIM. She is more and more realizing the truth of her helplessness to run unless He draws. We little realize that mighty unseen power that is drawing, drawing, like an irresistible, supernatural magnet. We speak of our hunger for the Lord, we tell of the longing we feel for Him, we pour out our hunger and longing at His feet as though He did not know they were in our hearts. We comprehend but little that all this is the drawing of God; that if He did not graciously put the hunger in our hearts, we should be cold and barren; we should be satisfied with but little of that into which He is constraining us to enter. Let this sink down into our hearts and ever abide there, that every heavenward impulse in our souls, every upward desire, IS THE DRAWING OF GOD. No sinner could be saved if God did not convict, quicken, deal with, and draw him. So many times we lose sight of this. We could not desire His will nor His best, we could not love and hunger for our dear Lord if God did not graciously put within us a hunger for Him and His will. Dear child of God, if you feel the drawing of God in your soul, cherish it as you would cherish a great treasure. If you feel a deeper hunger, if you are entering into a closer walk with Him, do not look upon it carelessly, nor treat it lightly.
Jordan;72659]That is purely 100% incorrect. Force does not make love... it only makes lack of love... in short... it said:
If ye love me' date=' keep my commandments.[/COLOR'][/I]This verse clearly indicate that God refused to force upon His children to love Him! May I suggest another verse?II Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.Again, no forcing love upon His children... That's not the God I know...Blessings

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
All I am seeing now is personal attacks from you.It is like you have lost you're spiritual voice and all is left is you're personal attacks.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Yes I admit you quote scripture, but they are all one sided and you refuse to hear scripture contrary to you're exclusionary view point; God is not so small and limited as you try to make Him out to be. God is a balanced God; both good and evil God totally controls; there is nothing that happens outside His Sovereign will. You spend so much time defending Satan’s power with this “false doctrine of Satan Seed”, you give God little to no power compared to what you give Satan.What you do not understand is “in my Fathers house are many mansions”; or Greek abiding place. All people have a different abiding place then us. Our place is not to condemn that abiding place but to seek, ask and knock to know God in a deeper abiding place that I am now. Yes there is false teachings out there, we all know in part, see in part. If Jesus was upset with anyone in his day it was not the sinners; it was the religious. Here on this forum we have a chance to reach out beyond where God has placed us and to speak of the deep things of God with fellow believers from hundreds, maybe thousands of other beliefs who in times past were limited by the little box know as their religion what ever that might be. Many are shallow, superficial, and religious or where ever God has placed them; you cannot change that; only God’s spirit has that power to draw all men to Himself. Romans 8:18-21 (MSG) That's why I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens. 22-25All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Yes I admit you quote scripture, but they are all one sided and you refuse to hear scripture contrary to you're exclusionary view point;
Thats you..i am the one with the Truth, not you, your telling man made fables..

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
What you are doing now is giving me nothing but hot air; if you have a message then please post it; if not get off the bus.

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
God is unwilling that any should perish, but He gives us complete freedom to love Him or to turn away from Him.Each of us must make that choice, and then live it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
What a contradiction... clearly God did not say that in II Peter 3:9. I am sick of your false doctrine savedbygrace57

The Barbarian

Sep 13, 2009
It seems to me that II Peter 3:9 makes it very clear that God creates no one with the intention of sending them to eternal punishment.That is a choice people make for themselves, in defiance of His desire that all be saved.