God has begotten a Son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I was talking in another Theard about the angels who begat children with human women, see Genesis 6:4.
Then the thought came back to me that I once had; I thought that if the angels can beget children with human women, how would that look with God? Would God then have a divine son who is also human? This thought was so illogical for me that I immediately forgot it. But what do you say to it?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I was talking in another Theard about the angels who begat children with human women, see Genesis 6:4.
Then the thought came back to me that I once had; I thought that if the angels can beget children with human women, how would that look with God? Would God then have a divine son who is also human? This thought was so illogical for me that I immediately forgot it. But what do you say to it?
The Incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ is unique; and revelation in God's Word chiefly centres upon Him; and so our chief concern should be how we read passages which speak of Him.

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ is unique; and revelation in God's Word chiefly centres upon Him; and so our chief concern should be how we read passages which speak of Him.
May your Lord Jesus Christ save you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There has been much debate about who are the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6. from fallen angels to the sons of Seth. from these theories come more untruths, and twisted doctrines, and books selling off the shelves right and left based on these non-truths. but what do the bible tells us about who these sons of God are. we have the knowledge of who they are, right in the bible. number one they are not fallen angels, nor are they the sons of Seth. who are these sons of God? without beating around the bush, the sons of God in Genesis 6 are the sinless children Adam and Eve had in the Garden before they sinned aganist God. these offspring of Adam and Eve explain where Cain got his wife also.

short version ,
it was the union of humans, (without sin, sons of God, begotten inside the Garden by Adam and Eve before the fall into sin), who married those, (daughters of men who came from Adam and Eve outside the Garden after the fall into sin).

no difference today between a christian, (save), marrying an unsave person. both have the same nature. and in Genesis 6, the save/uncorrupted became corrupted, hence the violence in the earth, and the rise of the MIGHTY MEN/Nephilim, or giants in the earth. not meaning in just stature, but the fall from grace of God.

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus is called "the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God" that should settle the issue. This is a unique Father-Son relationship within the Godhead. Read you Bible and believe it.
ERROR, 1 John 5:18 "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

one might need to educate what "Only Begotten" means.

PIGJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to get educated first. Misquoting verses and misinterpreting Scripture is your specialty. I hope no one falls for it.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to get educated first. Misquoting verses and misinterpreting Scripture is your specialty. I hope no one falls for it.
where did I misquote, or was it you?

if I'm in error point it out?

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, 1 John 5:18 "We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not."

PIGJAG.

Romans 8:29-30

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

janc

Jul 8, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
There has been much debate about who are the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6. from fallen angels to the sons of Seth. from these theories come more untruths, and twisted doctrines, and books selling off the shelves right and left based on these non-truths. but what do the bible tells us about who these sons of God are. we have the knowledge of who they are, right in the bible. number one they are not fallen angels, nor are they the sons of Seth. who are these sons of God? without beating around the bush, the sons of God in Genesis 6 are the sinless children Adam and Eve had in the Garden before they sinned aganist God. these offspring of Adam and Eve explain where Cain got his wife also.

short version ,
it was the union of humans, (without sin, sons of God, begotten inside the Garden by Adam and Eve before the fall into sin), who married those, (daughters of men who came from Adam and Eve outside the Garden after the fall into sin).

no difference today between a christian, (save), marrying an unsave person. both have the same nature. and in Genesis 6, the save/uncorrupted became corrupted, hence the violence in the earth, and the rise of the MIGHTY MEN/Nephilim, or giants in the earth. not meaning in just stature, but the fall from grace of God.

PICJAG.
The sons of God in Genesis 6 are the angels.
2 Pet 2:5- For if God did not spare the angels who had sinned, but, casting them down into the deepest pit, delivered chains of darkness to keep them for judgment; and if He did not spare the old world, but only gave Noah, the preacher of righteousness, as eighth, when He brought the flood upon the world of the wicked, and if he did not spare the old world, but only received Noah, the preacher of righteousness, as eighth, when he brought the flood upon the world of the wicked..

Since Jesus is called "the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God" that should settle the issue. This is a unique Father-Son relationship within the Godhead. Read you Bible and believe it.

There was no Son of God before the Incarnation, the Holy Spirit came to Mary and begat a child and therefore the begotten child was called Son of God.
And as far as I know the Son of God according to the Trinity was not begotten but was eternally the Son of God, so I don't understand what your answer has to do with my question.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of God in Genesis 6 are the angels.
2 Pet 2:5- For if God did not spare the angels who had sinned, but, casting them down into the deepest pit, delivered chains of darkness to keep them for judgment; and if He did not spare the old world, but only gave Noah, the preacher of righteousness, as eighth, when He brought the flood upon the world of the wicked, and if he did not spare the old world, but only received Noah, the preacher of righteousness, as eighth, when he brought the flood upon the world of the wicked..

Yes they were angels, and other angels did it again after the flood and produced nations that God wanted wiped out. Goliath was a hybrid.

There was no Son of God before the Incarnation, the Holy Spirit came to Mary and begat a child and therefore the begotten child was called Son of God.
And as far as I know the Son of God according to the Trinity was not begotten but was eternally the Son of God, so I don't understand what your answer has to do with my question.

Before He was the Son of God, He was the Word of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:29-30

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Yes, for there are many begotten of God, but the term "only begotten", means in short, He is the ‘only’ Son, that as the Son of God He, who, has no equal. understand no human has any equality or equal... "WITH" .. God "only" God himself. hence Jesus as God is the "Diversity", or the EQUAL share of himself in Flesh, Per Phil 2:6.

so as being "first Born", this is not speaking of natural but of the spiritual. for "FIRST" simply means coming before all others in time or order. as in Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." he has the preeminence. just as in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
that word "beginning", meaning, G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

as in the FIRST creation, Jesus is before, ordinal First, and in the NEW CREATION to come, he is the ordinal First in the NEW creation. for he is the END or ordinal Last of the Old or creation we're in. remember, (applications of order, time, place, or rank), it just that simple.

PICJAG.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is all FALSE DOCTRINE. The Word of God was also the eternal and ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God. Read, study, digest, and believe the first chapter of the Gospel of John.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, for there are many begotten of God, but the term "only begotten", means in short, He is the ‘only’ Son, that as the Son of God He, who, has no equal. understand no human has any equality or equal... "WITH" .. God "only" God himself. hence Jesus as God is the "Diversity", or the EQUAL share of himself in Flesh, Per Phil 2:6.

so as being "first Born", this is not speaking of natural but of the spiritual. for "FIRST" simply means coming before all others in time or order. as in Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." he has the preeminence. just as in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
that word "beginning", meaning, G746 ἀρχή arche (ar-chee') n.
1. (properly abstract) a commencement.
2. (concretely) chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank).
[from G756]
KJV: beginning, corner, (at the, the) first (estate), magistrate, power, principality, principle, rule
Root(s): G756

as in the FIRST creation, Jesus is before, ordinal First, and in the NEW CREATION to come, he is the ordinal First in the NEW creation. for he is the END or ordinal Last of the Old or creation we're in. remember, (applications of order, time, place, or rank), it just that simple.

PICJAG.

Yes, Jesus is God, but He gave us His sinless nature when He gave us His Spirit. He also gave us the authority to cast out demons and heal the sick, among other supernatural things.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking in another Theard about the angels who begat children with
human women, see Genesis 6:4.
Children fathered by angels with humans wouldn't be one or the other:
they'd be both human and angel; sort of like former US President Barack
Obama. His mother was white and his father was black; so Mr. Obama is
neither one or the other; he's both white and black.

I thought that if the angels can beget children with human women, how
would that look with God? Would God then have a divine son who is also
human?
You hit the nail on the head. A child fathered by God with a human wouldn't
be one or the other; it would be both human and God.

This thought was so illogical for me
Christianity is basically a supernatural religion. Because of that; you pretty
much have to expect that certain aspects of it are going to defy common
sense.

1Cor 2:5 . . Your faith should not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the
power of God.

1Cor 2:14 . . A natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of
God; for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them,
because they are spiritually appraised.

Mark Twain once remarked that faith is believin' what you know ain't so.

One of my own personal mottos closely resembles his remark: Faith believes
all that's revealed rather than only that which makes sense.
_

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 5:18 has absolutely nothing to do with the subject under discussion. So why did you quote it? That is a misquotation.
what you posted had nothing to do with who are the sons of God. (as if God only had one Son), it's your off the cuff answer that got you caught. and my answer just corrected your. read the responses before you answer and you want be in that positions of ignorance of the reply.
Yes, Jesus is God, but He gave us His sinless nature when He gave us His Spirit. He also gave us the authority to cast out demons and heal the sick, among other supernatural things.
correct, for he, JESUS, is the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us.

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
correct, for he, JESUS, is the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us.

Actually, the Spirit is in the form of the Trinity.

Romans 8:9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, the Spirit is in the form of the Trinity.

Romans 8:9
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply. second, the Spirit is "one" person. for the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God the same one Spirit, if not you have two Spirits that's anti bible. let's be clear, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

stop and think for a second CharismaticLady. christ was not in the OT, but JESUS was, understand that? see Jesus the Christ is the only Spirit. he Jesus was in the prophets, which is the Holy Spirit, known as the Spirit of God. scripture,
2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

notice CharismaticLady, the prophecy came HOW? holy men moved by the Holy Ghost, and who moved them? (answer the Spirit of christ), listen.
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

How did the Spirit of Christ MOVED these OT prophets? for he JESUS was IN, IN, IN, IN, them. how was JESUS in the prophets? answer, the Spirit. JESUS is the Holy Spirit.. BINGO. just go back and read the OT prophets every time, you will see this,

Jeremiah 1:2 "To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign."
the "Word" of the LORD, the WORD? John 1:1

Joel 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel." who came? the "WORD" John 1:1

Jonah 1:1 "Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying," who came? the "WORD" John 1:1

Haggai 1:1 "In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying," Who came? the "WORD" of the LORD, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
my God how plain can God get? the WORD is "GOD", and the "WORD" came to the OT prophets because he the Holy Spirit was IN THEM.
what else do it take to make one understand? over and over in the NEW testament the "WORD" of the LORD "CAME". and it was the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ who moved them to speak and write.

I hope that was plain to understand, you might want to read this again.

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply. second, the Spirit is "one" person. for the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God the same one Spirit, if not you have two Spirits that's anti bible. let's be clear, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"

stop and think for a second CharismaticLady. christ was not in the OT, but JESUS was, understand that? see Jesus the Christ is the only Spirit. he Jesus was in the prophets, which is the Holy Spirit, known as the Spirit of God. scripture,
2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

notice CharismaticLady, the prophecy came HOW? holy men moved by the Holy Ghost, and who moved them? (answer the Spirit of christ), listen.
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:"

How did the Spirit of Christ MOVED these OT prophets? for he JESUS was IN, IN, IN, IN, them. how was JESUS in the prophets? answer, the Spirit. JESUS is the Holy Spirit.. BINGO. just go back and read the OT prophets every time, you will see this,

Jeremiah 1:2 "To whom the word of the LORD came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign."
the "Word" of the LORD, the WORD? John 1:1

Joel 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel." who came? the "WORD" John 1:1

Jonah 1:1 "Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying," who came? the "WORD" John 1:1

Haggai 1:1 "In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying," Who came? the "WORD" of the LORD, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
my God how plain can God get? the WORD is "GOD", and the "WORD" came to the OT prophets because he the Holy Spirit was IN THEM.
what else do it take to make one understand? over and over in the NEW testament the "WORD" of the LORD "CAME". and it was the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ who moved them to speak and write.

I hope that was plain to understand, you might want to read this again.

PICJAG.

I know all that, and what I said, but it went over your head. The Trinity is ONE. When we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we are filled with GOD.