God hates the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 25
29 Now Jacob cooked a stew; and Esau came in from the field, and he was weary. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Please feed me with that same red stew, for I am weary."
Gee, that doesn't look like Romans 9:13. What is Paul quoting? C'mon, use Bible Gateway's search engine.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Where is it written?
  2. In the quoted OT scripture, who are "Jacob" and "Esau"? (Hint: They are not individuals.)
Genesis 25
34 And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another one:

27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. -Luke 6:27-36

What else did Jesus lie to us about?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another one:

27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. -Luke 6:27-36

What else did Jesus lie to us about?
Jesus didn't lie but you are trying hard to be evasive! You said Jacob and Esau are not individuals. Did you lie or do you just not have a clue?

Genesis 25
34 And Jacob gave Esau bread and stew of lentils; then he ate and drank, arose, and went his way.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer the question! Aren't you up to a Bible challenge?
Evasive!

You said Jacob and Esau are not individuals.

Genesis 27
6 So Rebekah spoke to Jacob her son, saying, "Indeed I heard your father speak to Esau your brother, saying,

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't lie but you are trying hard to be evasive! You said Jacob and Esau are not individuals. Did you lie or do you just not have a clue?
Paul isn't quoting Genesis. Look it up! Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you? Who's he quoting?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul isn't quoting Genesis. Look it up! Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you? Who's he quoting?
You can't even admit you are clearly wrong! Jacob and Esau were individual humans.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they were. But answer the question: What verse is Paul quoting?
Then why did you say "In the quoted OT scripture, who are "Jacob" and "Esau"? (Hint: They are not individuals.)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did you say "In the quoted OT scripture, who are "Jacob" and "Esau"? (Hint: They are not individuals.)
I said, IN THE QUOTED OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE. Which you haven't looked up yet. Nor do you care to.

7 So they answered that they did not know where it came from. 8 And Jesus said to them, “Nor will I tell you by what authority I do these things.” - Luke 20:7-8

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said, IN THE QUOTED OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE. Which you haven't looked up yet. Nor do you care to.

7 So they answered that they did not know where it came from. 8 And Jesus said to them, “Nor will I tell you by what authority I do these things.” - Luke 20:7-8
Just quote the Scripture please.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God still hates the world?

Or did Jesus come to save it?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God still hates the world?

Or did Jesus come to save it?
I came to the conclusion (after a week of prayer and contemplation) that God's thoughts are complicated. If humans can both love and hate the same thing at the same time, then He in whose image we're made can both love the world and love His enemies and yet hate the world at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came to the conclusion (after a week of prayer and contemplation) that God's thoughts are complicated. If humans can both love and hate the same thing at the same time, then He in whose image we're made can both love the world and love His enemies and yet hate the world at the same time.
"For, God so loved the world..." :D

I know what you mean, j/k.
But yeah, we are to love the "people" in the world, just don't join in their ways. :)

How are you brother?

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For, God so loved the world..." :D
That's actually a good segue into another point relating to the topic: Another valid translation of the Greek word "touto" in John 3:16 would be, "this way".

For God loved the world this way: That He gave His only begotten Son.

Each of the verses I've referred to, from John 3:16 to "love your enemies" to "'How have You loved us?' you ask" (in the verse somebody is too damn lazy to look up) have been accompanied by descriptions of how God shows His love to us. By sending rain and sunshine on His enemies. By protecting His people. By giving up His own Son for our sins.

Anyway, it reminded me that "agape" love is more than feelings; it is a mindset that desires good things for the one loved.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's actually a good segue into another point relating to the topic: Another valid translation of the Greek word "touto" in John 3:16 would be, "this way".

For God loved the world this way: That He gave His only begotten Son.

Each of the verses I've referred to, from John 3:16 to "love your enemies" to "'How have You loved us?' you ask" (in the verse somebody is too damn lazy to look up) have been accompanied by descriptions of how God shows His love to us. By sending rain and sunshine on His enemies. By protecting His people. By giving up His own Son for our sins.

Anyway, it reminded me that "agape" love is more than feelings; it is a mindset that desires good things for the one loved.
I love Agape, would be so nice if we all Agaped one another! Yes, it is so much more that warm fuzzies, it's need IMHO, when a brother or sister is in need of help, or just plain acknowledging one another with a smile or a hello would go a long way.
Yes, He does send the rain and the sun on both saved and unsaved...He also gives good things to all as well.
His love is inexplicable!

Much Agape brother!

• Love
Reactions: Lambano