God hates the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, Guess we will find out when we die @Jack. I dont put myself over Jesus Christ, but there is narrative and context given that people should really look into; cause just going on "I believe the bible is literal and you need to take everything in that book literally", just doesn't pan out for some people, even myself... so im glad there is freedom in Christ Jesus by the Spirit. And the Spirit leads to all things that are good and loving... thank God, and if God is good and loving, he has a good and loving purpose for everything that has been mentioned with-in the context of the bible.

See ya next my friend as I dont care to continue to converse with you.
Then accept my Bible challenge. You will LOSE! Bible choppers always lose.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then accept my Bible challenge. You will LOSE!
No. To battle scripture is stupid. Whole bible context and narrative is needed. That is why timothy was encouraged to study to prove himself unto God --- not unto men.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, Jack.

I would love to thank you for my celebratory trophy that concludes,

"Matthew G is a loser", nods head to you, also would like to thank God for you, allowing me to lose.

Peace, and prospect.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, Jack.

I would love to thank you for my celebratory trophy that concludes,

"Matthew G is a loser", nods head to you, also would like to thank God for you, allowing me to lose.
There's still hope for you, maybe.

Jude 1
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just a bored old man aint you, @Jack. Lol.

I am not worried about anything anyone thinks of me or thinks im wrong..

I really dont care dude.

But going back and forth in this petty way is petty.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just a bored old man aint you, @Jack. Lol.
And of course Bible choppers must turn to personal insults! Very predictable.
I am not worried about anything anyone thinks of me or thinks im wrong..

I really dont care dude.

But going back and forth in this petty way is petty.
If you face the "furnace of fire" you will care. And what if you lead your loved ones there with you?

Matthew 13
40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack,

I apologies if you were insulted by me saying "You are just a bored old man",

but you do annoy me so I am not gonna respond anymore cause you are bored and you are looking for reaction.

Not sure if annoying your neighbor is a loving thing to do... so gotta take that to God.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack,

I apologies if you were insulted by me saying "You are just a bored old man",

but you do annoy me so I am not gonna respond anymore cause you are bored and you are looking for reaction.

Not sure if annoying your neighbor is a loving thing to do... so gotta take that to God.
Be honest with yourself. The Scriptures "annoy" you, not me. You have created your own unBiblical god to please yourself.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true you dont know what you dont know until you see it and know it for sure. But we cant even see God and we have faith that God sent his Son; who we never seen either. So knowing, belief - are all subjective.
God draws close to those who draw close to him. They know.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not say--seek MY righteousness. He said seek HIS(YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness--in every translation on earth.
How many years have you been at Kingdom Hall? Oh that's right you won't tell us, like your Watch Tower buddy Barney. He won't tell us either. More Watch Tower attacks on our Bible.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“but seek ye first the reign of God and His righteousness, and all these shall be added to you. Be not therefore anxious for the morrow, for the morrow shall be anxious for its own things; sufficient for the day [is] the evil of it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭33‬-‭34‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“Having been declared righteous, then, by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have the access by the faith into this grace in which we have stood, and we boast on the hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we also boast in the tribulations, knowing that the tribulation doth work endurance; and the endurance, experience; and the experience, hope; and the hope doth not make ashamed, because the love of God hath been poured forth in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that hath been given to us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit; for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death; for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit; for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit — life and peace; because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself, for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭1‬-‭8‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“In the freedom, then, with which Christ did make you free — stand ye, and be not held fast again by a yoke of servitude; lo, I Paul do say to you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing; and I testify again to every man circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law; ye were freed from the Christ, ye who in law are declared righteous; from the grace ye fell away; for we by the Spirit, by faith, a hope of righteousness do wait for, for all the law in one word is fulfilled — in this: ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;’ and if one another ye do bite and devour, see — that ye may not by one another be consumed. And I say: In the Spirit walk ye, and the desire of the flesh ye may not complete; for the flesh doth desire contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit contrary to the flesh, and these are opposed one to another, that the things that ye may will — these ye may not do; And manifest also are the works of the flesh, which are: Adultery, whoredom, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects, envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revellings, and such like, of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that those doing such things the reign of God shall not inherit. And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law; and those who are Christ's, the flesh did crucify with the affections, and the desires; if we may live in the Spirit, in the Spirit also we may walk; let us not become vain-glorious — one another provoking, one another envying!”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬, ‭14‬-‭17‬, ‭19‬-‭26‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“but seek ye first the reign of God and His righteousness, and all these shall be added to you. Be not therefore anxious for the morrow, for the morrow shall be anxious for its own things; sufficient for the day [is] the evil of it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭33‬-‭34‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“Having been declared righteous, then, by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have the access by the faith into this grace in which we have stood, and we boast on the hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we also boast in the tribulations, knowing that the tribulation doth work endurance; and the endurance, experience; and the experience, hope; and the hope doth not make ashamed, because the love of God hath been poured forth in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that hath been given to us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“There is, then, now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit; for the law of the Spirit of the life in Christ Jesus did set me free from the law of the sin and of the death; for what the law was not able to do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God, His own Son having sent in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, did condemn the sin in the flesh, that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit; for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit — life and peace; because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself, for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭1‬-‭8‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“In the freedom, then, with which Christ did make you free — stand ye, and be not held fast again by a yoke of servitude; lo, I Paul do say to you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing; and I testify again to every man circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law; ye were freed from the Christ, ye who in law are declared righteous; from the grace ye fell away; for we by the Spirit, by faith, a hope of righteousness do wait for, for all the law in one word is fulfilled — in this: ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself;’ and if one another ye do bite and devour, see — that ye may not by one another be consumed. And I say: In the Spirit walk ye, and the desire of the flesh ye may not complete; for the flesh doth desire contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit contrary to the flesh, and these are opposed one to another, that the things that ye may will — these ye may not do; And manifest also are the works of the flesh, which are: Adultery, whoredom, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects, envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revellings, and such like, of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that those doing such things the reign of God shall not inherit. And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law; and those who are Christ's, the flesh did crucify with the affections, and the desires; if we may live in the Spirit, in the Spirit also we may walk; let us not become vain-glorious — one another provoking, one another envying!”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬, ‭14‬-‭17‬, ‭19‬-‭26‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
Luke 16:22-24 (YLT)
22 the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 and in the hades having lifted up his eyes, being in torments, he doth see Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom, 24 and having cried, he said, Father Abraham, deal kindly with me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and may cool my tongue, because I am distressed in this flame.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16:22-24 (YLT)
22 the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 and in the hades having lifted up his eyes, being in torments, he doth see Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom, 24 and having cried, he said, Father Abraham, deal kindly with me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and may cool my tongue, because I am distressed in this flame.
Its a great parable.

It was said in front of Pharisees, therefore it is counted as a parable.

It shows what being in Sheol is like.

However how can a person who is on fire even ask to any questions?

Shouldnt it say he was screaming on fire ?

How could he ask questions?

What is this distressing flame?

Is it an internal heart struggle?

Ah parable are big on questions…

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a great parable.
Where does it say it's a parable? It doesn't. Please stop twisting what Jesus said.
It was said in front of Pharisees, therefore it is counted as a parable.

It shows what being in Sheol is like.

However how can a person who is on fire even ask to any questions?

Shouldnt it say he was screaming on fire ?

How could he ask questions?

What is this distressing flame?

Is it an internal heart struggle?

Ah parable are big on questions…
Many in Hell will wish it's just a parable. You avoid Scripture like plague!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a parable because anytime Jesus was in front of anyone but his disciples he spoken in Parables, im beginning to suspect your whole profile might just be a lie and a front.

To be so combative is ignorant.

“And the disciples having come near, said to him, ‘Wherefore in similes dost thou speak to them?’ And he answering said to them that — ‘To you it hath been given to know the secrets of the reign of the heavens, and to these it hath not been given, for whoever hath, it shall be given to him, and he shall have overabundance, and whoever hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken from him. ‘Because of this, in similes do I speak to them, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor understand, and fulfilled on them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that saith, With hearing ye shall hear, and ye shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see, and ye shall not perceive, for made gross was the heart of this people, and with the ears they heard heavily, and their eyes they did close, lest they might see with the eyes, and with the ears might hear, and with the heart understand, and turn back, and I might heal them.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13‬:‭10‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a parable because anytime Jesus was in front of anyone but his disciples he spoken in Parables, im beginning to suspect your whole profile might just be a lie and a front.
Because I defend the Christian Bible? Show us a parable that uses literal Biblical people. You can't.
To be so combative is ignorant.
So stop.
“And the disciples having come near, said to him, ‘Wherefore in similes dost thou speak to them?’ And he answering said to them that — ‘To you it hath been given to know the secrets of the reign of the heavens, and to these it hath not been given, for whoever hath, it shall be given to him, and he shall have overabundance, and whoever hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken from him. ‘Because of this, in similes do I speak to them, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor understand, and fulfilled on them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that saith, With hearing ye shall hear, and ye shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see, and ye shall not perceive, for made gross was the heart of this people, and with the ears they heard heavily, and their eyes they did close, lest they might see with the eyes, and with the ears might hear, and with the heart understand, and turn back, and I might heal them.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭13‬:‭10‬-‭15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬
You pick the parts you like a make up your own bible. If you're wrong you may be heading for the "everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about. So why are you evading my Bible challenge? You KNOW you will lose.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to wonder if God's love towards individuals is really unconditional.
Just today I was reading this, what does this mean, really? That God only loves those who love Him? (Obeys Him)

Proverbs 8:17 Context

14 "Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. 15By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. 16By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. 17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
This is one I debated with a Calvinist on a long-defunct forum. They key descriptor of God's character to me is from Jesus's Sermon on the Mount, and it's parallel in the Sermon on the Plain:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. -
Matthew 5:43-48

27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32 If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
-Luke 6:27-36

Jesus told us that God doesn't just love those who love Him back; He loves His enemies. And I think Jesus meant it. Now, if Jesus lied to us about God's character, I want to know what else he lied to us about.

John 3:16 does not describe a conditional love. It describes conditional election (another point my Calvinist opponent and I disagreed on), and conditional life, but not conditional love. Obviously, the relationship between God and the believer is much, much closer than God's unrequited love for the unbeliever.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe that @Lambano. You are more than free though to believe it has not happened yet. I believe it was actively happening then and wrapped up in revelation.
And of course you're free to believe what you want to believe, though people whose beliefs about the world don't match up to how the world really is tend to get bitten in the ass by reality.

But I did want to talk about why Paul said Reconciliation was an ongoing vocation. Reconciliation means rebuilding broken relationships. Rebuilding a busted relationship takes both parties; it cannot be unilateral. God has taken the initiative in forgiving humanity and in sending his Son to die for us; humans must respond. That is why Paul describes his vocation in verse 20 as "begging, 'be reconciled to God!'" As you can see, reconciliation is necessarily ongoing as long as there are people who do not wish to be in a relationship with the Living God. And just as obviously, a huge percentage of the population either do not believe God exists, or do not want to have anything to do with Him, or want Him to be something that He's not.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy