God hates the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you see the World?

That is a good question for anyone to answer.

The only world I see is the one which I subject myself too... If I watch the news all the time; or focus on the world in the sense of trying to fix social ills, of course it's always gonna be seen as bad.

And I am not saying the world is truly good either - but it has become better...

Shoot back in the day you would go to jail, and crucified for having faith in Christ, or head CHOPPED OFF.

Come on, you guys... there has to be something good that has come since the death, burial, resurrection, and victory of Christ.
That's a fair question.

I see some great beauty in the world. A sunset over the ocean. A mountain stream. The fragrance of a gardenia blossom, or night-blooming jasmine. A tabebuia tree in bloom. The love between a husband and a wife. A hummingbird in flight. Playing with your dog, or petting the cat. The crescendo of the Hallelujah Chorus. A child learning to ride a bike, or playing in the sandbox. Tossing a baseball with your friends. A well-struck 4-iron that settles 2 feet from the pin on a par 5. A chocolate ice cream cone. A medium rare steak. A navel orange. A cool breeze on a summer day. The way new-fallen snow softens sharp edges. Fireflies. Figuring out how to make the computer do what you want it to.

I also see the ugliness. People jockeying to get one-up on the other guy.. The craving for wealth and power. The violence and the wars and the fear-mongering. The cheating and the injustice. Sexual abuse and the abuse of sex. The lies and the bulls***. The callousness. The busted relationship. The loneliness. The lives shattered by drugs. The grinding poverty that some gawd-awful percentage of the people in this world live in while most of us in the first world are relatively wealthy. The shattered dreams. The strong beating down the weak. The diseases. Mental illness. The pain. And then death. Nothing's perfect, nothing lasts, it's not fair, and tigers will still eat you. Deal with it.

They say life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel. It is what it is.

Anyway, I've obliquely said what I think the "World" that God loves is - and what the "World" that we're not supposed to love is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And of course you're free to believe what you want to believe, though people whose beliefs about the world don't match up to how the world really is tend to get bitten in the ass by reality.

But I did want to talk about why Paul said Reconciliation was an ongoing vocation. Reconciliation means rebuilding broken relationships. Rebuilding a busted relationship takes both parties; it cannot be unilateral. God has taken the initiative in forgiving humanity and in sending his Son to die for us; humans must respond. That is why Paul describes his vocation in verse 20 as "begging, 'be reconciled to God!'" As you can see, reconciliation is necessarily ongoing as long as there are people who do not wish to be in a relationship with the Living God. And just as obviously, a huge percentage of the population either do not believe God exists, or do not want to have anything to do with Him, or want Him to be something that He's not.

The invitation is always on there, - the Spirit Calls.

I can't speak for everyone; I can only speak to the few people that come and go through my life.

The Spirit and the Bride that was taken calls out.

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

of course many people dont believe we got that far yet, they are still waiting for Jesus to show up. In which then wraps up the total victory, as Revelation deals with the future, and not the past, for people today.

Not to say these people are not saved to the Kingdom by their faith and love they express through the spirit.

There is definitely differences though between perspectives.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a fair question.

I see some great beauty in the world. A sunset over the ocean. A mountain stream. The fragrance of a gardenia blossom, or night-blooming jasmine. A tabebuia tree in bloom. The love between a husband and a wife. A hummingbird in flight. Playing with your dog, or petting the cat. The crescendo of the Hallelujah Chorus. A child learning to ride a bike, or playing in the sandbox. Tossing a baseball with your friends. A well-struck 4-iron that settles 2 feet from the pin on a par 5. A chocolate ice cream cone. A medium rare steak. A navel orange. A cool breeze on a summer day. The way new-fallen snow softens sharp edges. Fireflies. Figuring out how to make the computer do what you want it to.

I also see the ugliness. People jockeying to get one-up on the other guy.. The craving for wealth and power. The violence and the wars and the fear-mongering. The cheating and the injustice. Sexual abuse and the abuse of sex. The lies and the bulls***. The callousness. The busted relationship. The loneliness. The lives shattered by drugs. The grinding poverty that some gawd-awful percentage of the people in this world live in while most of us in the first world are relatively wealthy. The shattered dreams. The strong beating down the weak. The diseases. Mental illness. The pain. And then death. Nothing's perfect, nothing lasts, it's not fair, and tigers will still eat you. Deal with it.

They say life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel. It is what it is.

Anyway, I've obliquely said what I think the "World" that God loves is - and what the "World" that we're not supposed to love us.

People tend to look at the world and never look at themselves in the mirror.

Yes, I was the guy abusing others...
I was the guy who was non-loving.
I was the person who had thoughts of murdering my own mother.
I was the person who had thoughts of others that they were insignificant.

All while seening the beautiful world that was created.

The problem is the heart...

Wouldn't you say? Aren't people as Christians suppose to set their minds on heavenly things, rather than earthly?

The letter Paul wrote to the Colossians makes these statements below in chapter 3, one is from James.

Earthly mindset - fleshly ways; (that doesnt mean we cant enjoy lifes activities).

The fleshly ways are to hate people; be greedy and mean.

The heavenly is more profound and good, perfect gifts from the Father of lights that comes by and through faith and asking God to help you by the spirit through the resurrected Christ.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People tend to look at the world and never look at themselves in the mirror.

Yes, I was the guy abusing others...
I was the guy who was non-loving.
I was the person who had thoughts of murdering my own mother.
I was the person who had thoughts of others that they were insignificant.

All while seening the beautiful world that was created.

The problem is the heart...

Wouldn't you say? Aren't people as Christians suppose to set their minds on heavenly things, rather than earthly?

The letter Paul wrote to the Colossians makes these statements below in chapter 3, one is from James.

Earthly mindset - fleshly ways; (that doesnt mean we cant enjoy lifes activities).

The fleshly ways are to hate people; be greedy and mean.

The heavenly is more profound and good, perfect gifts from the Father of lights that comes by and through faith and asking God to help you by the spirit through the resurrected Christ.

And if this is a principle of life.

Everything comes back down to you.

How you have experienced life via parents; foster parents; and mindsets get set.

And if a person hears about God; He renew the mind; as you go and learn about the Father and the Son which eternal life; while you allow God to help you cut off the fleshly ways you once may have induldged in which normally leads to hatred and anger, lies and pulling one over on another.

No one will ever be perfect however in newness of life born in Christ there is a difference one can notice by experience.

And the truth is and solution is Jesus to bring to the broken people (who) willingly want to know and learn more; as you cant force is on those who do not desire nothing to do with God. Though you can share if they allow it but other than that all you can do is love them and pray for them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God love those He will burn in the fire "forever and ever"?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many years have you been at Kingdom Hall? Oh that's right you won't tell us, like your Watch Tower buddy Barney. He won't tell us either. More Watch Tower attacks on our Bible.
You are sad. I share a truth from Jesus and you reject it. Better take a look at that man in the mirror. It doesn't matter how long i have been taught by JW,s to your life. Believing Jesus does though.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are sad. I share a truth from Jesus and you reject it. Better take a look at that man in the mirror. It doesn't matter how long i have been taught by JW,s to your life. Believing Jesus does though.
Then tell us how long you've been 'taught' by JW's!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9
13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."
Romans 9 is about who God calls to be His people, as verses 6-12 immediately preceding 13 and everything to the end of chapter 11 make clear. It's not about hating individuals. Sheesh, don't they teach people to read in context anymore?

• Haha

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9 is about who God calls to be His people, as verses 6-12 immediately preceding 13 and everything to the end of chapter 11 make clear. It's not about hating individuals. Sheesh, don't they teach people to read in context anymore?
Let's try again:

Romans 9
13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a troll in my opinion @Lambano no need in really interacting with, sadly… very suspicious of this guy cause the way he does things; …

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you accept my Bible challenge?
Let me give you one.

Romans 9:13
As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

1. Where is it written?
  2. In the quoted OT scripture, who are "Jacob" and "Esau"? (Hint: They are not individuals.)
  3. In the quoted OT scripture, why is God saying that He loves Jacob?
  4. In the quoted OT scripture, how is God's "love" for Jacob and God's "hatred" for Esau manifested?
  5. In Romans 9-11, what is Paul's major concern?
  6. How does Paul resolve it?
  7. How does Romans 9:13 serve Paul's overall concern in this section?

• Love

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me give you one.

Romans 9:13
As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

1. Where is it written?
  2. In the quoted OT scripture, who are "Jacob" and "Esau"? (Hint: They are not individuals.)
Have you ever read the Bible???

Genesis 25

27 So the boys grew. And Esau was a skillful hunter, a man of the field; but Jacob was a mild man, dwelling in tents.
  1. In the quoted OT scripture, why is God saying that He loves Jacob?
  2. In the quoted OT scripture, how is God's "love" for Jacob and God's "hatred" for Esau manifested?
  3. In Romans 9-11, what is Paul's major concern?
  4. How does Paul resolve it?
  5. How does Romans 9:13 serve Paul's overall concern in this section?
Psalm 11
5 The LORD tests the righteous, But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haven't you found the scripture Paul is quoting yet?
Did you study at Kingdom Hall at how to be totally evasive?

Genesis 25
29 Now Jacob cooked a stew; and Esau came in from the field, and he was weary. 30 And Esau said to Jacob, "Please feed me with that same red stew, for I am weary."

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's one for you:

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. - Matthew 5:43-45.

Did Jesus deliberately lie, or was he just mistaken? Is God a hypocrite, telling us to do something he's not willing to do himself?