God LAUGHS at the trinity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m afraid not. First, it is important to realize who gave Jesus this power and authority.

It does not leave the trinitarian preferred ‘father’ anywhere since Scripture is explicit that the answer is God - in his unitarian nature.

Also, Scripture is explicit in making an exception for God regarding who is subject to Jesus’ authority. And there is only one reason for this exception; Jesus is not God.
Hello Wrangler, Even though when Jesus said that God is a spirit, does not exclude His divinity of being who He says He is.

Walter

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All foolish questions. Paul says that Christians are not to entangle themselves in foolish questions.
The message of the Cross (the Truth of what Christ did and who He was) is considered foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved it is the very Power of God Almighty.

1 Corinthians 1:18

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 4:14
And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
Luke 9:43
And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,
John 19:11
Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power[authority] at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
Acts 10:38
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
1 Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Matthew 1:18
The Birth of Jesus the Messiah
This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah happened. His mother Mary was engaged to marry Joseph. But before they married, he learned that she was expecting a baby. (She was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit.)
Acts 1:8
But the Holy Spirit will come on you and give you power. You will be my witnesses. You will tell people everywhere about me—in Jerusalem, in the rest of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”
Acts 2:4
They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they began to speak different languages. The Holy Spirit was giving them the power to do this.
Acts 10:38
You know about Jesus from Nazareth. God made him the Messiah by giving him the Holy Spirit and power. Jesus went everywhere doing good for people. He healed those who were ruled by the devil, showing that God was with him.
Romans 1:3-4
The Good News is about God’s Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. As a human, he was born from the family of David, but through the Holy Spirit he was shown to be God’s powerful Son when he was raised from death.
Romans 15:13
I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace as you trust in him. Then you will have more and more hope, and it will flow out of you by the power of the Holy Spirit.
1 Thessalonians 1:5
When we brought the Good News to you, we came with more than words. We brought that Good News with power, with the Holy Spirit, and with the sure knowledge that it was true. Also you know how we lived when we were with you. We lived that way to help you.
You do realize the Holy Spirit IS God. Yes?

John 4:24

Is there anyone/anything more holy than God? Matthew 5:48

Jesus and God BOTH TOGETHER are the Holy Spirit. John 14:21-23

Jesus IS the Holy Spirit and IS the Spirit of God. Romans 8:9-11

Jesus lived AS the Holy Spirit for thousands of years prior to His physical birth. Luke 24:27

Reactions: The Learner

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Early Fathers were taught by the Apostles and likely heard Jesus preach, teach.
They are Historical proof of what the early church believe and what they were taught.
Apparently not if they taught a trinity.

Why the size 12 font and bold type? What is the point in that?

Does that make it more truer?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as God laughs at the wicked, seeing that their day is coming (Psalms 37:13), He laughs at the silly notion of being a trio.

His entire Word, from Genesis to Revelation, reveals over and over His sole and sovereign nature.

The concept of the trinity is a heretical, counterfeit, image of God Almighty. To embrace it, envision it during prayer, and commit oneself to such a belief is to pay sincere homage to a blasphemous idol. It is idol worship in its purest form.

All those who accept and embrace the completely extra-biblical doctrine of the trinity will be lost. And that is why it is such a coveted, and fiercely guarded, doctrine of modern mainstream heretical christendom. It is of the devil.

Read your Bible.

Hosea 4:6
Who is Elohim? What is Elohim?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trinity is defined as 3 persons. 3 persons cannot have the exact same power, authority and rank. God says He shares His glory with nobody, that He is like nobody else and equal to nobody else.

That cannot mean that He is excluding the other two people of the trinity who do have names according to Matthew 28:19. If Jesus' (God's) Name is higher than any other name in existence, that would make Him highest - and if He has ALL power and authority, that leaves none for the other two persons.

Can you agree we have a problem here with what the Bible plainly states versus what the teachers of the trinity claim about its dynamics?

And I told you teh bible shows the Father is above all. So your point is irrelevant.

And Yet Elohim (plural) in the person of Jesus has the same glory! John 17 and Phil. 2 Same with the Spirit!

No Jesus having the highest name does not make Him higher than the Father! It just makes His name higher than Yahweh as the bible declares. You are adding your philosophy to what the bible says.

Jesus does have all authority

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

It is not for you or me to try to rationalize it, philosophize it or interpret it- it is to believe it or reject it! I believe it, what say you!

But to calm your sensibilities there is something Jesus doesn't have authority over:

1 Corinthians 15:25-28
King James Version

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

God the Father is not under Jesus authority!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Elohim? What is Elohim?
I can tell you what it's not.

It is not proof that God is 3 persons.

There have been very well structured cases made that God is speaking to the Angels in that verse and there is at least one verse in Job that supports that. Regardless, it does not prove that God is a trio of persons.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell you what it's not.

It is not proof that God is 3 persons.

There have been very well structured cases made that God is speaking to the Angels in that verse and there is at least one verse in Job that supports that. Regardless, it does not prove that God is a trio of persons.

I'll admit I don't understand the Trinity. Did YAHWEH separate himself into three persons to do what he needed to do?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that God may be all in all.

God the Father is not under Jesus authority!
Jesus' Name is the highest and He has ALL power and authority. God IS Jesus.

Jesus is IN God ... AND - DON'T FORGET the rest of that verse ... GOD is IN Jesus. Does that in any way sound like separate, different persons?

trinity-diagram.jpg

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as God laughs at the wicked, seeing that their day is coming (Psalms 37:13), He laughs at the silly notion of being a trio.

His entire Word, from Genesis to Revelation, reveals over and over His sole and sovereign nature.

The concept of the trinity is a heretical, counterfeit, image of God Almighty. To embrace it, envision it during prayer, and commit oneself to such a belief is to pay sincere homage to a blasphemous idol. It is idol worship in its purest form.

All those who accept and embrace the completely extra-biblical doctrine of the trinity will be lost. And that is why it is such a coveted, and fiercely guarded, doctrine of modern mainstream heretical christendom. It is of the devil.

Read your Bible.

Hosea 4:6
2 Thessalonians 2:10
Hello GEN2REV, This is my first time reading your post, looking at the OP is very disagreeable,

when did the trinity doctrine come into existence - Google Search

Ecclesiastes Twelve:14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, along with every hidden thing, whether good or evil. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.

Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.