God Orders His Last Prophet Jack Van Impe to Warn the World Jesus is Ready to Rapture born-again bel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said Don't worry about tomorrow.
Tomorrow is in the book of Revelations.
Matthew 6:34 King James Version (KJV)
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
So this is the scripture I quoted. But nevertheless....just one of many things to consider.....concerning what Jesus tells us.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, he is right if he believes that the end of this present age will be upon us soon, but from what I understand from scripture such as the lesson from the fig tree, it is still 20-30 years away yet.

But if he believes that the rapture is soon, then I am afraid that he is backing the wrong horse with respect to this aspect of the End Times.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's certainly a miracle that he is still alive after all that happened to him in the last couple of years.

Not sure though if he is the last prophet .
He never claimed to be a prophet before so that must be a new development. But he should know better than to engage in date-setting (if that's indeed what he did).

However, the Rapture has always been IMMINENT in Scripture, so this is not something new. Even the apostolic churches expected the Rapture at that time.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I've been taught, John the baptist was the last of the OT prophets. Jesus IS the last prophet...IMHO.
But of whom was Apostle Paul writing here?

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

You posted earlier on this thread about one of your elders who did a good teaching job. Was he not one of those mentioned in the verse I quoted? Surely just because a person today does not bear a particular name as per those verses, it does not mean that God has not given him gift.

The purposes are given: for the perfecting of the saints... for the edifying of the body of Christ. God works where He works according to His plan which may not always be so clear to us. Nevertheless...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

You posted earlier on this thread about one of your elders who did a good teaching job. Was he not one of those mentioned in the verse I quoted? Surely just because a person today does not bear a particular name as per those verses, it does not mean that God has not given him gift.

The purposes are given: for the perfecting of the saints... for the edifying of the body of Christ. God works where He works according to His plan which may not always be so clear to us. Nevertheless...
Teach it, Amadeus! This is truth.....and part of God restoring His church is restoring the positions He first set up to operate in it! God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do believe there is a difference of the role of the OT and the NT prophets.
  1. The Old Testament prophets gave God's very word, guidance, exhortation and confirmation. The Old Testament prophets received and spoke divine revelation that would be recorded as the Old Testament Scriptures. God was entrusting over half of of His word to those prophets. The New Testament recognizes and affirms this according to the following passages:
Matthew 22:36-40 “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
Romans 1:1-2 “Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures.

In the N.T., I see the role of a prophet more of an edifying, and lifting and encouraging:

New Testament Prophets:

1. In the New Testament the prophets provided practical, situation-specific messages from God as in the following passages:

Acts 15:32 “And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them.”

I Corinthians 14:3, 4, 22 “But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that prophesieth edifieth the church. Prophesy serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”
Sorry for the copy paste job Amadeus, I am tired and will be getting off of here soon. As far as Jesus being IMO-the "last" prophet is that He revealed all we needed to know for future events. I do not claim I am correct at all. I have to look a lot of things up to try to clarify what I have already been taught, or learned.
God Bless,
-nancy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

• The Old Testament prophets gave God's very word, guidance, exhortation and confirmation. The Old Testament prophets received and spoke divine revelation that would be recorded as the Old Testament Scriptures. God was entrusting over half of of His word to those prophets. The New Testament recognizes and affirms this according to the following passages:
Matthew 22:36-40 “Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
Romans 1:1-2 “Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures.

In the N.T., I see the role of a prophet more of an edifying, and lifting and encouraging:

New Testament Prophets:

1. In the New Testament the prophets provided practical, situation-specific messages from God as in the following passages:

Acts 15:32 “And Judas and Silas, being prophets also themselves, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them.”

I Corinthians 14:3, 4, 22 “But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. He that prophesieth edifieth the church. Prophesy serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.”
Sorry for the copy paste job Amadeus, I am tired and will be getting off of here soon. As far as Jesus being IMO-the "last" prophet is that He revealed all we needed to know for future events. I do not claim I am correct at all. I have to look a lot of things up to try to clarify what I have already been taught, or learned.
God Bless,
-nancy

Peter Preaches to the Crowd
…16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17‘- In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.…

I am going to create a thread someday that fully explains the difference between a gift of prophesy, word of knowledge and word of wisdom....and the office of a prophet. To those who God gives the gift of prophesy to, these people are the ones to encourage, exhort and iift up.....the one who is called to be a prophet is a person who speaks whatever the Holy Spirit is saying.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter Preaches to the Crowd
…16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17‘- In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. 18Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.…

I am going to create a thread someday that fully explains the difference between a gift of prophesy, word of knowledge and word of wisdom....and the office of a prophet. To those who God gives the gift of prophesy to, these people are the ones to encourage, exhort and iift up.....the one who is called to be a prophet is a person who speaks whatever the Holy Spirit is saying.
That sounds like a winner! It would definitely catch my interest..

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's right around the corner.
All the signs are there....everywhere.....pick up a news paper.

But the parable tells us that the time span is from when the fig tree first send buds out to when the Summer harvest season begins. A period a little greater than 91 + days depending on how early the tree begins to bud at the end of the winter season. If you add verse 34 to the parable of the Fig Tree, you will be too early for the end of this present age as verse 34 has nothing to do with the lesson of the fig tree.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

• The Old Testament prophets gave God's very word, guidance, exhortation and confirmation. The Old Testament prophets received and spoke divine revelation that would be recorded as the Old Testament Scriptures. God was entrusting over half of of His word to those prophets. The New Testament recognizes and affirms this according to the following passages:

New Testament Prophets:

God Bless,
-nancy

Very good! Nothing wrong with copy and paste. The scriptures themselves were written and then copied, undoubtedly many times before we began to read them. That also was an early version 'copy and paste' on the computer. The person who wrote what you pasted also received something from God that needed to be shared here. God uses those who make themselves available, does He not?

Without having reading what you posted here I would have agreed there was a significant difference between the prophets of the OT and those of the NT, but I could not have given what you gave here. Your post helped to clarify things for us. Thank you for that. We all need to continue to grow in the things of God.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good! Nothing wrong with copy and paste. The scriptures themselves were written and then copied, undoubtedly many times before we began to read them. That also was an early version 'copy and paste' on the computer. The person who wrote what you pasted also received something from God that needed to be shared here. God uses those who make themselves available, does He not?

Without having reading what you posted here I would have agreed there was a significant difference between the prophets of the OT and those of the NT, but I could not have given what you gave here. Your post helped to clarify things for us. Thank you for that. We all need to continue to grow in the things of God.

"God uses those who make themselves available, does He not?"
I have been learning that more and more over the past few years! I have learned He will use us to the exact capacity we will allow Him TO work through us ♥ We must keep our hands open wide and empty for Him, as well as our hearts-open :)

"Thank you for that. We all need to continue to grow in the things of God." Oh thank's for thanking me for the share :D

I like to think that we will be ever learning-even into eternity-no scripture to back that of course, just one of my "Heaven Thoughts", lol.
Bless you my brother,
-nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But the parable tells us that the time span is from when the fig tree first send buds out to when the Summer harvest season begins. A period a little greater than 91 + days depending on how early the tree begins to bud at the end of the winter season. If you add verse 34 to the parable of the Fig Tree, you will be too early for the end of this present age as verse 34 has nothing to do with the lesson of the fig tree.

https://billygraham.org/story/5-answers-from-billy-graham-on-the-end-times/

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So, 1300, did I state that Christ was coming in our near future, or did I state that the end of this present age would be in 20-30 years time.

Jack Van Impe is telling us that Christ is coming for the rapture soon at the end of this present age. I have not made that same suggestion. My stance on when Christ will come and the saints, who are alive at that time, will meet Christ in the air along with the resurrected saints, is in our distant future at the end of the next age, which to the best of my knowledge will be well over 1,000 + years into our future, with no definitive year, month ,day or hour as to when it will happen being indicated.

In saying that the end of this age will occur within another 20-30 years, I am indicating a period or passage of time when I believe that this age will end and nothing more.

Now in my previous post where I stated that the period of time between when a fig tree begins to bud and when the end of this present age will end is 91 + days. To understanding of how long this period is prophetically, we have to apply the rule of a year for a day that is also used in the Prophecies of Daniel, and that then makes the time period being suggested as being 91 + years from when the Fig tree first began budding it leaves. How accurately we know the beginning of the sign helps to fairly accurately know when the sign ends, but in this case it all depends on whether or not there will be an early or late spring in the mix within this parable. That is why I stated that the end of this present age is not for another 20-30 years. I do not know if an early or late spring budding of the fig tree is applicable in this one verse parable.

Perhaps you should be sending the above link to Jack as well.

Reactions: Heart2Soul