The Devil doesn't believe the Rapture is coming; the Devil is counting on the Tribulation causing Men to fear (still not praying?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never underestimate Satan. He is a master deceiver and can manipulate your actions to cause you to think differently. Your finite mind cannot conceive spiritual matters.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Th end of the age is not yet, I know what your saying, ran into that with a youth pastor who said we are living in the times of the new heavens and new earth. This age will end when Christ returns, He called it the age of the resurrection where men die no more, which happens at His return the second time.

Luke 20:34-36​

New King James Version​

34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
I don't use that word "age", and I certainly do not use the NKJV Bible which has been revised using Wescott and Hort's 1880's new Greek translation from Alexandrian texts which the KJV translators did not... use. The KJV translators used the term "world" in Scripture like Matthew 24:3 to point to the literal future end of this present world, not the word "age".

To overcome the corrupt modern Bible translations today that used W&H and other Greek text, like what the Nestle-Aland and United Bible Societies call the "Critical text", I instead use the term 'world earth age' to describe Apostle Peter's 3 world ages of 2 Peter 3. The reason? It is because the word "ages" by itself can be interpreted loosely like many different periods within a "world" timeline. The false Pre-trib Rapture doctors even do that with Darby's Dispensationalist idea of "Church ages" which is not an idea written in God's Word.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't use that word "age", and I certainly do not use the NKJV Bible which has been revised using Wescott and Hort's 1880's new Greek translation from Alexandrian texts which the KJV translators did not... use. The KJV translators used the term "world" in Scripture like Matthew 24:3 to point to the literal future end of this present world, not the word "age".

To overcome the corrupt modern Bible translations today that used W&H and other Greek text, like what the Nestle-Aland and United Bible Societies call the "Critical text", I instead use the term 'world earth age' to describe Apostle Peter's 3 world ages of 2 Peter 3. The reason? It is because the word "ages" by itself can be interpreted loosely like many different periods within a "world" timeline. The false Pre-trib Rapture doctors even do that with Darby's Dispensationalist idea of "Church ages" which is not an idea written in God's Word.

That age of the ressurection, for example the KJV editors used the age(s) as in there are implied multiple ages to come in the future.

Ephesians 2:7​

King James Version​

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

v7, Christ is speaking of that age to come. I can see why they can also use world, as we do get a new earth along with a new heaven, so there is a world to come, signified by a future age to come, this does not bother me a bit.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ages to come in the KJV, including ages past. We do get another new earth, but we wont get many new earths, just the one coming in the future, yet there are still ages to come, and have had past ages, which have included this earth in the past and the new earth still to come.

Eph 3:21. that world to come will endure thru all future ages to come. This world though is passing away.
  1. Ephesians 2:7
    That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Ephesians 3:5
    Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
  3. Ephesians 3:21
    Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That age of the ressurection, for example the KJV editors used the age(s) as in there are implied multiple ages to come in the future.

Ephesians 2:7​

King James Version​

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

v7, Christ is speaking of that age to come. I can see why they can also use world, as we do get a new earth along with a new heaven, so there is a world to come, signified by a future age to come, this does not bother me a bit.
I am not disagreeing that the original KJV Bible also uses the word "age" or "ages". In the following context about the literal end, the following used the English word "world"...

Matt 13:40
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of
this world.
KJV

If you look up the above "this world" phrase in the Greek, it also uses the Greek word 'aion' (NT:168). But notice the KJV translators did not use the word "age" there, why? Because they wanted the reader to be sure to understand Jesus was pointing to the literal end of this present 2nd world earth age. And if you understand about Satan's original overthrow back in the 1st world earth age between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, then this 2nd world of today covers all the 'ages' of man's working on earth, from Genesis 1 all the way to the "day of the Lord" when Jesus returns to end this world.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not disagreeing that the original KJV Bible also uses the word "age" or "ages". In the following context about the literal end, the following used the English word "world"...

Matt 13:40
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of
this world.
KJV

If you look up the above "this world" phrase in the Greek, it also uses the Greek word 'aion' (NT:168). But notice the KJV translators did not use the word "age" there, why? Because they wanted the reader to be sure to understand Jesus was pointing to the literal end of this present 2nd world earth age. And if you understand about Satan's original overthrow back in the 1st world earth age between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, then this 2nd world of today covers all the 'ages' of man's working on earth, from Genesis 1 all the way to the "day of the Lord" when Jesus returns to end this world.
I have always read that verse as the end of this present evil age (world), as of course we get a new heaven and a new earth as Peter wrote and so did Isaiah.
KJV
Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

AMPC
Who gave (yielded) Himself up [to atone] for our sins [and to save and sanctify us], in order to rescue and deliver us from this present wicked age and world order, in accordance with the will and purpose and plan of our God and Father—

NKJV
who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always read that verse as the end of this present evil age (world), as of course we get a new heaven and a new earth as Peter wrote and so did Isaiah.
But Lord Jesus was pointing to the literal end of this 'present' world time, not to His 1,000 years reign of Rev.20 which is not... part of this present world. Once again, usage of just the word 'ages' confuses that. Thus it's obvious why the 1611 KJV translators chose to use the phrase "this world" instead of "age".

On a similar note, in Isaiah 14:12 which uses the name "Lucifer" instead of the actual Hebrew word 'heylel' (OT:1966), which means 'the morning star', the 1611 KJV translators chose that name "Lucifer" instead to make sure the reader understood just who God was speaking that Scripture about. And in the 1st Edition 1611 KJV, the translators put "O Day Starre" in the margin as an alternate reading. They obviously felt that if they had left translation of 'heylel' in as "the morning star", it would confuse many into thinking God was speaking about Christ there in Isaiah 14 when He wasn't. For Jesus Christ only is The True Morning Star. The idea of Isaiah 14:12 is God mocking... Lucifer who WANTS to be worshiped as The Morning Star.

Thus the 1611 KJV translators did a good job with clarification from the Old Testament Hebrew text and from the Textus Receptus and Majority text for the New Testament. That's why we don't need any NKJV, because the 1611 KJV translators already did clarification for us.

In contrast with the 1611 KJV, modern Bible versions, like the NIV, ASV, ESV, NLT, Lexham, etc., instead translate to "morning star", or "day star", or "shinning star", etc., instead using the name Lucifer.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
About the return of Christ. also known as the Day of the Lord. This world, this earth and heavens pass away as in burn up to be no more in a sudden destruction. It will happen at the LAST DAY. There is a LAST DAY yet to come at the end of the age, (end of the world) and the final judgement occurs in the LAST day.

John 12:48
He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him— the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

John 6:39
This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

John 6:40
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:17

I Am the Resurrection and the Life​

So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days.

John 11:24
Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

2 Peter 3:10

The Day of the Lord​

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

2 Peter 3:12
looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

1 Thessalonians 5
1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be [a]sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

Revelation 16:15
“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

Acts 2:20
The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

2 Timothy 4:8
Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

1 Corinthians 1:8
who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:5
deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

2 Timothy 4:8
Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

2 Thessalonians 1:10
when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

2 Thessalonians 2:2
not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Hebrews 10:25
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

1 John 4:17
Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Philippians 1:10
that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,

Philippians 2:16
holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

2 Timothy 1:12
For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.

2 Timothy 1:18
The Lord grant to him that he may find mercy from the Lord in that Day—and you know very well how many ways he ministered to me at Ephesus.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

2 Thessalonians 1​

God’s Final Judgment and Glory​

3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, 4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and [a]tribulations that you endure, 5 which is manifest[b] evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; 6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with [c]tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who [d]believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

v8 flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God...They are punished with everlasting destruction, so you can know that when Christ returns on the Last Day, they wont survive the experience.