The Devil doesn't believe the Rapture is coming; the Devil is counting on the Tribulation causing Men to fear (still not praying?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So just to bring you up to speed a little more: the role of the Devil, in relation to the Rapture and the Tribulation, is quite relevant. The Bible tells us that the Devil is the accuser of the Brethren (letters, from memory). What does he accuse the Brethren of? For one thing, believing in a Rapture that is not fulfilled or followed. What does it mean not to fulfil or follow the Rapture? It means you have a relationship to God that you haven't declared, to the World (that is the relationship is unfulfilled); further to this relationship you haven't raised the standard of prayer (that is, the relationship has not lead to an action of faith on the basis of the fulfilment). In reality this sounds more complicated than it is: all you have to do is acknowledge God before others and pray. In this sense, your relationship to the Rapture is at least implied, that is, you are ready to be focused on God and you are ready for that focus to take on the meaning that is appropriate.

My point here, is that if you are able to do these two things - acknowledge and pray - then you are free of the Devil, but knowing that you are free of the Devil, you ought to develop some maturity and be explicit about your faith in the Rapture. If the Devil does not believe you have fulfilled or followed the Rapture, why not resist the Devil and pray for the Rapture all the more? I mean if you know you have prayed for the Rapture and you have trusted the command to pray "that you escape the things that will come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man", then the Devil's work will not merely be slowed, they will be stopped altogether. The Devil cannot produce a substitute for the Rapture. The Devil can only make you doubt, that the Rapture means to you what it does. If you're praying for the Rapture, how can the Devil cause you to doubt?

The difficulty is that the Devil doesn't just stop at you doubting your Rapture: the Devil provokes men to fear for their lives. The Devil does this, by stirring up rancour concerning the Tribulation. If men fear the Tribulation as the Bible says men will do "saying 'mountains fall on us, hills cover us'" then the Devil is able to cause them to panic! Panicking men, make poor decisions for their Salvation (selah). We ought to understand this, because as the story of the wise and foolish virgins goes, we may assume that men will want us to panic with them (to give up some of our peace). The remedy to this, is once again prayer. If you are praying that the Tribulation be minimal, you have no reason to doubt that God wants you to keep your peace! This is the shield of faith, at work! You have been told the Tribulation is coming, even if you don't see it on Earth in your life, Jesus promises that you will face trial "everyone will be tested with fire, every sacrifice seasoned with salt" (gospels, from memory). Can you see that your prayers are needed now?

I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So just to bring you up to speed a little more: the role of the Devil, in relation to the Rapture and the Tribulation, is quite relevant. The Bible tells us that the Devil is the accuser of the Brethren (letters, from memory). What does he accuse the Brethren of? For one thing, believing in a Rapture that is not fulfilled or followed. What does it mean not to fulfil or follow the Rapture? It means you have a relationship to God that you haven't declared, to the World (that is the relationship is unfulfilled); further to this relationship you haven't raised the standard of prayer (that is, the relationship has not lead to an action of faith on the basis of the fulfilment). In reality this sounds more complicated than it is: all you have to do is acknowledge God before others and pray. In this sense, your relationship to the Rapture is at least implied, that is, you are ready to be focused on God and you are ready for that focus to take on the meaning that is appropriate.

My point here, is that if you are able to do these two things - acknowledge and pray - then you are free of the Devil, but knowing that you are free of the Devil, you ought to develop some maturity and be explicit about your faith in the Rapture. If the Devil does not believe you have fulfilled or followed the Rapture, why not resist the Devil and pray for the Rapture all the more? I mean if you know you have prayed for the Rapture and you have trusted the command to pray "that you escape the things that will come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man", then the Devil's work will not merely be slowed, they will be stopped altogether. The Devil cannot produce a substitute for the Rapture. The Devil can only make you doubt, that the Rapture means to you what it does. If you're praying for the Rapture, how can the Devil cause you to doubt?

The difficulty is that the Devil doesn't just stop at you doubting your Rapture: the Devil provokes men to fear for their lives. The Devil does this, by stirring up rancour concerning the Tribulation. If men fear the Tribulation as the Bible says men will do "saying 'mountains fall on us, hills cover us'" then the Devil is able to cause them to panic! Panicking men, make poor decisions for their Salvation (selah). We ought to understand this, because as the story of the wise and foolish virgins goes, we may assume that men will want us to panic with them (to give up some of our peace). The remedy to this, is once again prayer. If you are praying that the Tribulation be minimal, you have no reason to doubt that God wants you to keep your peace! This is the shield of faith, at work! You have been told the Tribulation is coming, even if you don't see it on Earth in your life, Jesus promises that you will face trial "everyone will be tested with fire, every sacrifice seasoned with salt" (gospels, from memory). Can you see that your prayers are needed now?

God bless.
Are you afraid of the Devil? :(

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a bunch of malarkey!

Now you're trying to put YOUR OWN WORDS in the devil's mouth!!!
I'm trying to add to your salvation!

You don't think the Devil is predictable? That's your loss!

The point is, you will have to pray for something - the wisdom of your prayer, will be for God to Judge.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whose tool?
He is a tool, created by God, for the Faith to exercise.

Bad luck? No: the Devil! Good luck? Not more than necessary: but not the Devil!

"Whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on Earth will be loose in Heaven" (gospels, from memory).

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is a tool, created by God, for the Faith to exercise.

Bad luck? No: the Devil! Good luck? Not more than necessary: but not the Devil!

"Whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on Earth will be loose in Heaven" (gospels, from memory).
Whatever you bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven; whatever you loose on Earth will be loose in Heaven.

What goes around comes around? "Karma"?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The point is, you will have to pray for something - the wisdom of your prayer, will be for God to Judge.

You seem to have a high regard for the devil. What you write in your post is sheer false opinion. You have no Scripture to support your speculations.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

God bless.
The Devil believes, yet he wants to deceive and take them away from God...

Luke 8:12
Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Reactions: Gottservant

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ when describing the 'great tribulation' uses the pronoun 'you', 'your', 'yourselves'.
That would be His audience which at that time is His disciples, as in them.
Christ does not distinguish the disciples from some other believing group in the future.
Christ speaks to us all today in the same manner as to them of that time. His disciple's way back then asked Christ when will these things be, what are the signs.

Here it is in Mark 13

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age​

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, 4 “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?”

5 And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 6 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many. 7 But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet. 8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be earthquakes in various places, and there will be famines [a]and troubles. These are the beginnings of [b]sorrows.

9 “But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will [c]be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them. 10 And the gospel must first be preached to all the nations. 11 But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, [d]or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12 Now brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. 13 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who [e]endures to the end shall be saved.

The Great Tribulation​

14 “So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ [f]spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 15 Let him who is on the housetop not go down into the house, nor enter to take anything out of his house. 16 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 17 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 18 And pray that your flight may not be in winter. 19 For in those days there will be tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be. 20 And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days.

21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the [g]elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

The Coming of the Son of Man​

24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His [h]elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The Parable of the Fig Tree​

28 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So you also, when you see these things happening, know that [i]it is near—at the doors! 30 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

No One Knows the Day or Hour​

32 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. 34 It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. 35 Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— 36 lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

The above continues the dialog with Christ saying YOU
I dont want to highlight all the 'you' again. they are right there in what Christ said about you.

37 And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”
ALL those who live on after them are told the same thing, to watch for the signs of the end of the age, His returning.
Today, that would be US
The expectation is that WE shall see it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I well know... what to pray for, and it's a little thing called 'forgiveness' when I slip up at times, but especially 'UNDERSTANDING' in God's Word. You might want to try practicing that too, so God can show YOU what His Word actually teaches, instead of you just making it up.

Try Isaiah 10 where God used the title of "the Assyrian" as a symbolic name for Satan, whom He calls "the rod of Mine anger".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ when describing the 'great tribulation' uses the pronoun 'you', 'your', 'yourselves'.
That would be His audience which at that time is His disciples, as in them.
Christ does not distinguish the disciples from some other believing group in the future.
Christ speaks to us all today in the same manner as to them of that time. His disciple's way back then asked Christ when will these things be, what are the signs.

I suggest you quit listening to those men you are believing on, and instead study more of your Bible.

Lord Jesus while upon the Mount of Olives giving His disciples there with Him asking about His coming and the end of THIS world is ABOUT THE SIGNS OF THE REVELATION 6 SEALS.

And just WHO was John told to give Christ's Book of Revelation to? To CHRIST'S CHURCH!

So those men who LIE and tell you Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 are not for Christ's Church today probably couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag!

Jesus gave 7 main SIGNS of the end of this present world in Matthew 24 and Mark 13, and they directly parallel His Book of Revelation.

And some stupid idiotic men led by another spirit want to scrap Jesus' teaching of those SIGNS of the end He even COMMANDED His Church to be WATCHING?

No, I will listen to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in His Word, and be WATCHING those SIGNS of the end of this world which He first gave through His disciples.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suggest you quit listening to those men you are believing on, and instead study more of your Bible.

Lord Jesus while upon the Mount of Olives giving His disciples there with Him asking about His coming and the end of THIS world is ABOUT THE SIGNS OF THE REVELATION 6 SEALS.

And just WHO was John told to give Christ's Book of Revelation to? To CHRIST'S CHURCH!

So those men who LIE and tell you Christ's Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 are not for Christ's Church today probably couldn't find their way out of a wet paper bag!

Jesus gave 7 main SIGNS of the end of this present world in Matthew 24 and Mark 13, and they directly parallel His Book of Revelation.

And some stupid idiotic men led by another spirit want to scrap Jesus' teaching of those SIGNS of the end He even COMMANDED His Church to be WATCHING?

No, I will listen to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in His Word, and be WATCHING those SIGNS of the end of this world which He first gave through His disciples.
No issues with what you said. I think you misread what I wrote there. The watch warning is for all believers thru all time until the end actually happens.
The 'YOU' has become US today, that's what I was trying to convey, that the warning has not expired it still is today our expectation.
You should be able to see that in the last few sentences I wrote on that post. Matthew 24 is not fulfilled yet and for us today, no rapturing away is my main point here.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No issues with what you said. I think you misread what I wrote there. The watch warning is for all believers thru all time until the end actually happens.
The 'YOU' has become US today, that's what I was trying to convey, that the warning has not expired it still is today our expectation.
You should be able to see that in the last few sentences I wrote on that post. Matthew 24 is not fulfilled yet and for us today, no rapturing away is my main point here.
I may have. Sorry. But some of the wording and paragraph titles you use are from the Liberal side of Scripture interpretation. The end of the 'age' idea is one of Preterist Liberal's interpretation used to try and set the time of Christ's Olivet discourse Signs back in history, and point that He was speaking those things only to the Jews with Him on the Mount of Olives.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I may have. Sorry. But some of the wording and paragraph titles you use are from the Liberal side of Scripture interpretation. The end of the 'age' idea is one of Preterist Liberal's interpretation used to try and set the time of Christ's Olivet discourse Signs back in history, and point that He was speaking those things only to the Jews with Him on the Mount of Olives.
Th end of the age is not yet, I know what your saying, ran into that with a youth pastor who said we are living in the times of the new heavens and new earth. This age will end when Christ returns, He called it the age of the resurrection where men die no more, which happens at His return the second time.

Luke 20:34-36​

New King James Version​

34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel chapter 13 . False preachers are condemned. God hates false teachings. Especially the rapture theory.
False brethren are not registered in Israel records. Get the picture.

Satan sends false brethren to contaminate God's word.
1 Timothy chapter 4 . False brethren teaching doctrine of devil's. Rapture theory tops the list.

False brethren are putting people in Bondage. Thier being stripped from the armour. When satan as antichrist arrives 6th trump. Many people will be biblically illiterate.
On judgement day. Jesus will drop the hammer on fake preachers. They are spirtual murderers.