God won't give you more than you can handle

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I don't know where this is in the Bible, or if it's in the Bible actually. But, I would like to ask how this can be true, when for many that's not the case, such as the case of Baby Brianna. So, if anyone would care to explain I'd appreciate it :)

Also, on previous threads I have created, I'm glad that they're starting to get some traction, and I like the ideas and thoughts people have used to try and answer them. Keep it up!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

This is the bible verse your looking for, but it is concerning temptation for the soul. Death of the physical body doesn't destroy the soul.

For example: Look at Job, Satan tested him, but he was never tested more than he could handle. He didn't curse God after all that had happened to him.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
@Iforrest

Okay thanks for clarifying that saying.

The book of Job is my least favorite book of the entire Bible. :(

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hated that verse until I heard that it is only talking about temptation

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:
I don't know where this is in the Bible, or if it's in the Bible actually. But, I would like to ask how this can be true, when for many that's not the case, such as the case of Baby Brianna. So, if anyone would care to explain I'd appreciate it :)

Also, on previous threads I have created, I'm glad that they're starting to get some traction, and I like the ideas and thoughts people have used to try and answer them. Keep it up!
They haven't tried to answer them. They have answered them. Quite easily I have noticed.

Quantrill

snr5557 said:
@Iforrest

Okay thanks for clarifying that saying.

The book of Job is my least favorite book of the entire Bible. :(
Figures. I know of no Christian who has a 'least favorite book of the entire Bible'.

Quantrill

aspen said:
I hated that verse until I heard that it is only talking about temptation
Hated that Word of God? Speaks volumes of you. Jobs trials were about physical, mental, and spirutual anguish. To which he never knew the purpose behind. Thus when it says God will not put on you more than you can bear, it is not just about temptation.

And, what God says is 'not more than you can bear' is not what you will think you can bear. And God will give his children, every bit, to the very brim of what they can bear.

Quantrill

Quantrill

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Q - you learned nothing about me from my post that you had not already determined about me in your own mind. The reason I hated the verse was because of all the false interprations I had heard about it from the pulpit and outside it.

Now, re-check your opinion about me.....see, i still havent made a dent.

Reminders me of The Matrix when the Oracle sends Neo out the door with a cookie, feeling right as rain, safely wrapped in his private perceptions....

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Quantrill said:
They haven't tried to answer them. They have answered them. Quite easily I have noticed.

I kind of noticed that when people went to discuss their opinion, they would either go to the Bible, or to a website that usually had a Christian bias. I realized, that no matter what I said or used as scientific evidense, it would not make any impact on most. And I was okay with that. I just wanted to see how others thought. I've only met Christians who accept modern, credible science. So it's interesting to me to see others who think otherwise.

Quantrill

Figures. I know of no Christian who has a 'least favorite book of the entire Bible'.

Well it looks like you've met your first one!

Quantrill

Quick question, why do you keep rewriting Quantrill? We know it's you.

And honestly, I've maybe been posting here for about a week. It really feels like you think you can peg a person whom you have never met with such a little amount of information. Unless I were to post my entire life story, opinions and ideals, you really can't. People can know a person for years without really knowing what that person is truly like.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
aspen said:
Hey Q - you learned nothing about me from my post that you had not already determined about me in your own mind. The reason I hated the verse was because of all the false interprations I had heard about it from the pulpit and outside it.

Now, re-check your opinion about me.....see, i still havent made a dent.

Reminders me of The Matrix when the Oracle sends Neo out the door with a cookie, feeling right as rain, safely wrapped in his private perceptions....

I have nothing but your posts to make a determination with. Thus your posts came first.

Again, hating a verse because you think it says something is contrary to a Christians response. If I come across a verse that says something difficult, I don't hate it as it is the Word of God. I simply recognize that I may not know everything God is saying here and am willing to wait to either God shows me what it means, or He brings me around to accept what I thought it was saying in the first place.

Quantrill

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:

Just to add to what has already been said. Use some lateral thought. God loves us. God is good. God is our Father. God will never want to 'break' us unless it is from sin. The more our flesh breaks off, the more we cling to Him / walk in the spirit. The only pain we feel as Christians is that part of the flesh still holding onto things of the world. This is inevitable as we are in the world and it's no good to be too heavenly minded and no earthly good.

Let's look at the WORST thing that can happen to us. Death? Paul says it has lost its sting...we die with Jesus in the furnace with us and go to heaven. Death is gain. Poverty? Scripture says we need only look at the birds who He looks after, then determine of how much more value we are and acknowledge the obvious fact that He will definitely look after us.

The only suffering that I dread!!! Is seeing my wife and kids suffering. My moodswings with God hinge on this. Schooling, protection etc. But ultimately I know and we all should know that we will sit with God in heaven one-day and have tea with Him. He will explain why He did what He did and we will judge Him as good. In fact we may just sit there with a mouth full of teeth as we look back at our ignorance.