Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what it says. You are not connecting the dots, but are adding much.

No I'm not adding much and yes I have connected the dots crossed my t's and dotted my i's. The point I was making was that albeit it only said book singular as to with that of Revelation and you were dogmatic with the idea that it only had to do with that of book of Revelation and yet with the other verses it had similar language in that it said "the book" instead of "this book" you said that he had to deal with other books of the Bible. So if that is the case the latter should be true as just as the earlier half and yet again I will emphasize that it still has to deal with the whole Bible in general because to omit or add something out of only the book of Revelation would also mean you are omitting or adding something out of the whole Bible, because Revelation is just part of the whole Bible as well as any other book in the Bible.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not s limitation God put on Himself , but one man put on God. You have your God box, shoved Him in side and said" God this is whom I perceive you to be and dont you dare be anything else, and so shut teh door in His face, you doing not His, as for prophecy

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Paul received all His revelation from God, He had no bible, John wrote a whole book,"revelation" from God, most what teh disciples taught after Christs resurrection cam by revelation from Christ,

so much unbelief.

Tell me this how can you be so sure that it was God speaking to you or God gave you a vision...etc knowing full well that Satan comes as Angel of light, in that it is virtually impossible to distinguish if it was from God or not, the Bible even say's that he could almost even deceive the very elect; let that soak in for awhile. Now it is true that many people from the Bible did receive revelations from God and all of that was possible because the Bible was not completed, but when God completed the Bible all of the divine revelations had ceased.

I can whole heartily assure you that Paul did have the Bible, not the complete Bible like we have to today but he had the O.T. for sure because he quoted scripture by saying "it is written" many times and in order for him to have said that he had the O.T. I would even say that he might have had part of the N.T. also. But to say he did not have a Bible would be a far stretch.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tell me this how can you be so sure that it was God speaking to you or God gave you a vision...etc knowing full well that Satan comes as Angel of light, in that it is virtually impossible to distinguish if it was from God or not, the Bible even say's that he could almost even deceive the very elect; let that soak in for awhile. Now it is true that many people from the Bible did receive revelations from God and all of that was possible because the Bible was not completed, but when God completed the Bible all of the divine revelations had ceased.

I can whole heartily assure you that Paul did have the Bible, not the complete Bible like we have to today but he had the O.T. for sure because he quoted scripture by saying "it is written" many times and in order for him to have said that he had the O.T. I would even say that he might have had part of the N.T. also. But to say he did not have a Bible would be a far stretch.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and just to add

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

because we have faith and believe, dont you, revelation is teh foundation with out it we have nothing, and we know where that comes from

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

so if you dont know teh voice of your saviour how are you ever going to get revelation

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and just to add

Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

because we have faith and believe, dont you, revelation is teh foundation with out it we have nothing, and we know where that comes from

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

so if you dont know teh voice of your saviour how are you ever going to get revelation

If you can receive extra divine revelation then we ought to make a admen to the Bible, because this came from God almighty and rightly the rest of the world should also know.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you can receive extra divine revelation then we ought to make a admen to the Bible, because this came from God almighty and rightly the rest of the world should also know.

If you think that you really have no understanding , which is what revelation is,

All men can get revelation it is just than most men dont beleieve they can, that is simply unbelief, or they tell God HE cant so He doesnt, He isnt going to go against your will.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I'm not adding much and yes I have connected the dots crossed my t's and dotted my i's. The point I was making was that albeit it only said book singular as to with that of Revelation and you were dogmatic with the idea that it only had to do with that of book of Revelation and yet with the other verses it had similar language in that it said "the book" instead of "this book" you said that he had to deal with other books of the Bible. So if that is the case the latter should be true as just as the earlier half and yet again I will emphasize that it still has to deal with the whole Bible in general because to omit or add something out of only the book of Revelation would also mean you are omitting or adding something out of the whole Bible, because Revelation is just part of the whole Bible as well as any other book in the Bible.
This is not that difficult. Jesus only told John to write the one book...not the whole Bible. It's right there in the book, read it. You are adding 65 more.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much of the New Testament was not meant for all people, but only for “He who has an ear” to hear “what the Spirit says to the churches.”

In other words, even that which is written was not to be heard or understood by everyone who reads it. But rather, that we have entered that time foretold of when God would pour out his spirit upon all flesh…and only those who hear what the Spirit says to the churches (His body) would get the message. So, that “He who has an ear” qualifier is not a “listen up” message to sharpen up our Hebrew and Greek language skills and our hermeneutical approach to the scriptures, it is a blatant statement indicating that the written words are not the message, but are spoke as Christ explained, saying, “My words are spirit.”

This whole deviation from the written word began with Christ and pertains to everything going forward. Oh, there are many practical matters covered in the non-spiritual text messages, just as in all the scriptures – but the real message going forward was only spiritual. Which is not just me saying so, but Christ who announced it.

So…has this been received and encouraged in the church? In a word – No, not even.

Instead, what we see is people pouring over the word giving highfalutin definitions, accounts of history and personal experience which are mostly moral in nature rather than spiritual. And then there are the institutional churches that have made every passage a religious practice and a ritual, a mockery of worldly significance pointing to more worldly things, rather than being the foreshadowing example that they were originally intended to be pointing to heavenly things. And my favorite: Thinking that every good word from God should be "applied" to your worldly life, as if that were the only purpose of God. All of which gives greater glory to the practice of what is written, than to the actual meaning behind it. This is all just people who cannot hear what the Spirit says…playing church, and worse…acting spiritual. To say nothing of the barking and falling down gobbly gook – it’s all quite innocent looking, even well intended, the stuff of “good Christians.”

And the lectures…OMG! The book-learned lawyers and Pharisees of our time are the worst – and they have no excuse. They have everything known to man at their fingertips and flaunt it…all propagated on dead works and literary nonsense.

But the point of this thread is not just to rant. It is to point out that there are those who have been entrusted and assigned to what it is that God is doing in our midst during the church age…and brilliantly, by design, there are also those who are not paddling forward, but are actually paddling backwards, while some are just splashing about. It’s brilliant! Things are moving forward, but many are held in a type of blindness to slow our progress until we reach the end of all generations. This is the result of God confounding all language at the tower of Babel. But those whom God has intended that do not know what they are talking about, who are deaf to what the Spirit is saying to those in the church who do hear, they are not the enemy – some are. But most are just the blind and deaf that have existed throughout every age, and yet are in their own way, servants nonetheless – just not to be believed. So, they can be Christian, followers of Christ, doing many good works…but “hearing what the Spirit says to the churches” is simply not their spiritual gift.

So, we don’t have to squabble with these good folk – but we should know that not everyone has equal access to spiritual truth – just “those who have an ear.” And we should know from the scriptures, yeah, from Christ, that this is His intended arrangement, and that we should not expect to vote and have an equal say as contemporary Christians just because we have a mind and a bible. Nor is it any different for the leaders in the church – that was never specified. The only qualification given, was “He who has and ear” and hears “what the Spirit says to the churches.” And thus, if you are one who has not been overcome by the Spirit - you don't have to go on knowingly or unknowingly paddling against the church (against the goads)...you would do better to just be still.

These are the real walking orders for the church age – which have been there in the scriptures all along: "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Just to add to this. Have you ever noticed that the Revelations starts by saying, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants... (Rev 1:1). Two observations:
1) The Revelation is of Jesus Christ! That is what it is all about.
2) It is meant to be shown to Jesus' servants.

It just furthers your point that even though the Bible can be read by anybody, only those that have the 'ears to hear' or are His 'servants' will understand and get the message.

Praise God for lifting the veil that Satan has over our eyes (2 Corinthians 4:4)

In peace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to add to this. Have you ever noticed that the Revelations starts by saying, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants... (Rev 1:1). Two observations:
1) The Revelation is of Jesus Christ! That is what it is all about.
2) It is meant to be shown to Jesus' servants.

It just furthers your point that even though the Bible can be read by anybody, only those that have the 'ears to hear' or are His 'servants' will understand and get the message.

Praise God for lifting the veil that Satan has over our eyes (2 Corinthians 4:4)

In peace
Indeed, when the curtain was torn the glory of God was made available to all among whom God gave gifts to those who believe, with which we are to use to usher in the kingdom.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not that difficult. Jesus only told John to write the one book...not the whole Bible. It's right there in the book, read it. You are adding 65 more.

But it is all one cohesive unit. The book of Revelation is not apart from the Bible just as any other book, they all mesh together.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think that you really have no understanding , which is what revelation is,

All men can get revelation it is just than most men dont beleieve they can, that is simply unbelief, or they tell God HE cant so He doesnt, He isnt going to go against your will.

Are you not implying that one can still receive angel visitations, audible voices from God, and visions from God....etc ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you not implying that one can still receive angel visitations, audible voices from God, and visions from God....etc ?
Imply.. no not at all, i am telling you that is just the way it is, can God help it so many have shut the door in His face through their unbelief, " sorry God, we men dont need you, where smart just look at us", .. Ok man is ok I wont talk to you if you dont like it.

Rom_5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom_10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

as the bible puts it,

Mar_9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

He cant help it if no one is listening....

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is all one cohesive unit. The book of Revelation is not apart from the Bible just as any other book, they all mesh together.
If you believe that, and I encourage you to do so...then the Revelation of Jesus Christ told in the book of Revelation is a synopsis (a summary) of the the whole word of God from Beginning to End...and rightly so, for He is the Beginning and the End.

But that opens up a whole new problem...it means that much of the book of revelation...would have to be...not future, but in the past.

In which case, the bitterness of the "little book", is just that - that some things most of Christendom believes are yet to come...have already past.

In which case, you also have to adjust the timing of "the whole bible is finished and there are no more prophets" way of thinking, to include "the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh and young men prophesying and old men dreaming dreams", on a whole new timeline.

...So...you're going to have to just go on believing what you want to believe...or you're going to have to be honest enough to take the rest of what you are implying...enough though you never put the two together. But you can't have it both ways - either, the book is one, or it's 66. Otherwise, you can't just keep saying that what is written in one, pertains to all 66...without being a hypocrite.

What's it going to be?

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe that, and I encourage you to do so...then the Revelation of Jesus Christ told in the book of Revelation is a synopsis (a summary) of the the whole word of God from Beginning to End...and rightly so, for He is the Beginning and the End.

But that opens up a whole new problem...it means that much of the book of revelation...would have to be...not future, but in the past.

In which case, the bitterness of the "little book", is just that - that some things most of Christendom believes are yet to come...have already past.

In which case, you also have to adjust the timing of "the whole bible is finished and there are no more prophets" way of thinking, to include "the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh and young men prophesying and old men dreaming dreams", on a whole new timeline.

...So...you're going to have to just go on believing what you want to believe...or you're going to have to be honest enough to take the rest of what you are implying...enough though you never put the two together. But you can't have it both ways - either, the book is one, or it's 66. Otherwise, you can't just keep saying that what is written in one, pertains to all 66...without being a hypocrite.

What's it going to be?

You know just as well as I do that the Bible contains 66 books and yet is one book. There is no need for me to adjust the timing of the Bible some of it is future and yet some of it is past. As far as prophets go there are still prophets today in this age I for one am a prophet and yes there also many prophets besides myself. Now it is up to you to decide what the meaning of the word has to do with that in regards to the Bible. Because you already know that from my point of view that God is not giving out any extra divine revelations than that of what we have written in the Bible.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imply.. no not at all, i am telling you that is just the way it is

I'm very sorry that you do not understand that Satan comes as a Angel of light, mimicking God himself.

He comes brining a Gospel that is light, just like the true light to which it is virtually impossible to distinguish and those that fall for it believe it is God brining all of these extra divine revelations apart from the Bible. But in the book of Revelation in the last chapter and in the last verses we know from this that God is done brining any more Revelation apart from the Bible.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But in the book of Revelation in the last chapter and in the last verses we know from this that God is done brining any more Revelation apart from the Bible.
At this point the only thing that Christians should expect are false teachers and false prophets bringing false revelations. They have been increasing year by year, while Bible truth is being pushed aside.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know just as well as I do that the Bible contains 66 books and yet is one book. There is no need for me to adjust the timing of the Bible some of it is future and yet some of it is past. As far as prophets go there are still prophets today in this age I for one am a prophet and yes there also many prophets besides myself. Now it is up to you to decide what the meaning of the word has to do with that in regards to the Bible. Because you already know that from my point of view that God is not giving out any extra divine revelations than that of what we have written in the Bible.
You have identified two different issues:

1) In the book of Revelation Jesus reveals just what book He is referring to: "this book", as He told John to "write in a book" - a book that had not yet been written. But now you and most of Christendom add (against the curse of the book) those books that were already written.

2) The bible, by the word and clarification of Jesus, His word...is spirit, and so when you say that all is already written in the Bible, this is true. But it has not all been revealed in the "plain language" that He promised. He also said, "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now."

Thus, your stance on both accounts is in error, and you should reconsider in light of all that is written and not just in part. If you claim the whole word - do not pick and choose, but adhere to it all, reconciling all scripture to scripture...for there is no need for us to be in disagreement.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We already have in God's World all the revelation that He has wished to give us. We can truly trust Him for the future, as His purposes in His Son are being worked out.

Reactions: Carl

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very sorry that you do not understand that Satan comes as a Angel of light, mimicking God himself.

He comes brining a Gospel that is light, just like the true light to which it is virtually impossible to distinguish and those that fall for it believe it is God brining all of these extra divine revelations apart from the Bible. But in the book of Revelation in the last chapter and in the last verses we know from this that God is done brining any more Revelation apart from the Bible.

Actually he is far cleverer than that. He does what he has always done and asks. 'Did God really say ....?' and that together with amissquotation lets him lead people by the nose away from the truth.

It is why we need as Romans 12:1+2 say bible biased brains.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
At this point the only thing that Christians should expect are false teachers and false prophets bringing false revelations. They have been increasing year by year, while Bible truth is being pushed aside.
We who profess need indeed continually to get back to the Word...