Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonetheless, if His words are spirit (as He said), then it is not the words that take precedence, but the spirit of God. This was at the heart of everything Jesus taught.

Matthew 23:19
"Fools and blind! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift?"

But are not the words that Judge as described in Hebrews. Are how about that in Ps. 139:2 depicting that the word also is the law. Which keep everything in line.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False analogy.

The all sufficiency of the Scriptures was proven centuries before 'the unacceptable face of capitalism' started to offer doubtful comparisons.
Wow...you have a lot of issues. Now it's capitalism.

Nonetheless, before the scriptures were, I am. No contest.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But are not the words that Judge as described in Hebrews. Are how about that in Ps. 139:2 depicting that the word also is the law. Which keep everything in line.
It is written, that "In the beginning was the Word." It does not say, "In the end."

These are the last days...not the beginning.

The End is God, whom is spirit.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False analogy.

The all sufficiency of the Scriptures was proven centuries before 'the unacceptable face of capitalism' started to offer doubtful comparisons.

The idea of the all sufficiency of the scriptures was addressed by Jesus when He said, you pore over them because you think you will find eternal life in them but you refuse to come to Me, of whom they speak.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question though and this is as good of a place to ask it As anywhere else. What do people mean when they say scripture interprets itself?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The idea of the all sufficiency of the scriptures was addressed by Jesus when He said, you pore over them because you think you will find eternal life in them but you refuse to come to Me, of whom they speak.
Context! Context!Context! Context is critical! Christ was addressing His DETRACTORS AND ENEMIES, not the children of God, when He said those words.

The scribes, Pharisees, lawyers, and priests were all well-versed in the Hebrew Scriptures. Indeed there were competing rabbinic schools at that time such as those of Hillel and Shammai. So the letter of the Torah had become critical to those religious leaders (who even memorized the whole Torah), but when the Word Incarnate and the Light of World stood before them, they resisted the light because their hearts were evil. Christ proclaimed several times that He Himself was the Bread of Life, the source of eternal life. But they failed to repent and be converted and have eternal life.

On the other hand, for believers and children of God, the Scriptures -- ALL SCRIPTURE -- is sufficient as Paul clearly and comprehensively tells us here (2 Tim 3:15-17):

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for [1] doctrine, for [2] reproof, for [3] correction, for [4] instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Was Paul telling us that the Scriptures are a substitute for Christ and the Holy Spirit within? Or was he saying that those who are children of God will find the written Word sufficient for all their spiritual needs?

It is truly amazing how people stumble around even though the Bible makes plain statements which anyone with the Spirit can grasp?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Talk to you later, I'm going to go stumble around some more! ☺

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is truly amazing how people stumble around even though the Bible makes plain statements which anyone with the Spirit can grasp?

is it an IQ problem...???
or do you think I might not have the Spirit and only think I do...???
why do I not grasp plain statements in the bible...???
is there a pill I can take??!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just get this picture in my head when I read your posts. It's a little boy in a huge pair of eyeglasses, an Alfalfa type cowlick standing up, wearing his daddy's suit, holding the pants up with one hand and trying to play teacher, almost poking everyone's eyes out waving a pointer around.:)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have I not answered you in post #27?

No all you said God validated it by his presence and that you know his voice.
You did not say how you knew it was Gods presence or how you recognised his voice.

Do you accept that every mormons testimony of their heart being warmed by God is a true testimony of God or would you say that an unsupported testimony like that is not true?

All I have from you is your saying it was God. So how am I to know it was God?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know. When I met God, I just knew it was Him. I saw things in scripture later that confirmed it and that explained my experience, but I didn't wonder if it was Him I had met, I just knew...

Thank you. God can reveal himself to us in any way, but he does not do anything that is contrary to scripture. What he reveals will always be confirmed by scripture.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not say how you knew it was Gods presence or how you recognised his voice.

Do you accept that every mormons testimony of their heart being warmed by God is a true testimony of God or would you say that an unsupported testimony like that is not true?

1. No, that is not all I said, you left out that He confirmed it by His word. Nonetheless, if God chooses to make Himself known, He makes Himself known. He's God. You may doubt me, but I do not doubt Him...nor is it even possible in His presence.
  2. I have never heard the testimony of a mormon.
  3. You do not have to take my word for anything. Believe what you will. But it is God's method of revelation, to speak to and send individuals. If you disqualify on that basis, it is against God, not me.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. No, that is not all I said, you left out that He confirmed it by His word. Nonetheless, if God chooses to make Himself known, He makes Himself known. He's God. You may doubt me, but I do not doubt Him...nor is it even possible in His presence.
  2. I have never heard the testimony of a mormon.
  3. You do not have to take my word for anything. Believe what you will. But it is God's method of revelation, to speak to and send individuals. If you disqualify on that basis, it is against God, not me.
I'm not saying that you have not had a revelation of some kind, but to assert and say that it was from God himself and that he confirmed it by his word is a stretch in knowing that God does not reveal any more revelation or prophechcy...etc apart from the Bible. That is confirmed in Rev. 22:18-19, remember also that Satan comes as a angel of light mimicking God himself and fooling millions and he will bring revelation such as dreams, visions, ..etc and he will use the Bible also.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well you dont, but than what has the devil got to do with people following God, you just know it is God just as the first time I met the devil I knew it was Him, or the Spirit of death sent to take my life, in the spirit we know more than we do in this ghastly flesh

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not saying that you have not had a revelation of some kind, but to assert and say that it was from God himself and that he confirmed it by his word is a stretch in knowing that God does not reveal any more revelation or prophechcy...etc apart from the Bible. That is confirmed in Rev. 22:18-19, remember also that Satan comes as a angel of light mimicking God himself and fooling millions and he will bring revelation such as dreams, visions, ..etc and he will use the Bible also.
ye he keeps them is church by the millions.... and wrapped up in a book instead of them listening for their masters voice and following Him...

as for prophecy

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

never stopped we can all prohesy now as God gives to us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
reveal any more revelation or prophechcy
Only problem is, revelation comes from God, so no man can understand that book without God revealing it to Him, without revelation is it just cause to argue.

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Eph_1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

no other way, no man can teach you revelation.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ye he keeps them is church by the millions.... and wrapped up in a book instead of them listening for their masters voice and following Him...

as for prophecy

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

never stopped we can all prohesy now as God gives to us.

The book or better said the Bible is where truth is and not from some vision, dream or whatever.

As far as Acts is concerned the verse you quoted it does not say when all of this will end but we do know for certainty that when the Bible was completed as stated in Rev. 22 that there would be no more visions, dreams...etc. If one thinks they are having a divine message from God then they might want to think twice.

Reactions: Enoch111

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The book or better said the Bible is where truth is and not from some vision, dream or whatever.

As far as Acts is concerned the verse you quoted it does not say when all of this will end but we do know for certainty that when the Bible was completed as stated in Rev. 22 that there would be no more visions, dreams...etc. If one thinks they are having a divine message from God then they might want to think twice.
ye everyone reads the bible but yet none have the truth ..funny isnt it. revelation is from God, can read and study all you like and never get any, you dont ask you dont get, you dont believe you can, you dont get, you tell God HE cant, you dont get, and so we have forums and religions all based on mens wisdom and understanding, of which we have none, all arguing over the bible, and since you like so many insist you cant get revelation from God, you never will, since He will not go against your will..

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a stretch because it's wrong.

The warning and curse in the book of Revelation is limited to the book of Revelations, which Jesus made clear to John, "saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia" Revelation 1:11.

Anyone who says that it is about all 66 books of the bible, is under the curse, not of all the books of the bible, but of "this book." "For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book" Revelation 22:18-19.

Read it again...confess your sin, and repent.