Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To some degree yes, but Eph 2:1 pretty sums it up in how that no one can see and no one can hear which pretty much sums it up.

actually it speaks of nothing to do with hearing

Mar 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
Mar 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mar 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

Reactions: Helen

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually it speaks of nothing to do with hearing

Mar 4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
Mar 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mar 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

You do understand what dead means I suppose.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You do understand what dead means I suppose.
Just what it means "dead". buried, done finished, pushing up the daises, rotten corpse, etc etc.

but that has nothing to do with hearing from God, but unbelief does.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But how does one seek one, when one does not believe one can find.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Explain this riddle to me how does a bunch of dry bones hear anything?
Are still trying to justify your unbelief,

Pro 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
Pro 1:21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

again

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see how you come that conclusion; I have provided verses for you which coincide with many other verses. The fact of the matter is that it appears that you still believe God is still brining extra divine revelation to you and many others. Yet when shown that the Bible the complete mind of Revelation of God has now been concluded you deny it.

Because you point out that of Acts and a handful of verses to support your argument and yet yourself if I'm not mistaken have said that God spoke in parables, which I'm not disagreeing but merely pointing that in Prov. 25:2 that God had told us that he has hidden his message and we are to seek it out. We are not to look for extra divine revelation apart from the Bible.
That is not biblical. God has not ceased from anything...He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Your basic premise is wrong, flawed.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not biblical. God has not ceased from anything...He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Your basic premise is wrong, flawed.

He has not ceased in saving people, that is to say his salvation plan Is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. It also true that God does not change and yet we have to look at the whole Bible to understand what he means by that. But to take this one verse and isolate it and say here is your proof that God is still bringing extra divine revelation will not work considering what the whole Bible has to say about this idea.

Reactions: Dave L

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God decides.

But don't confuse pulling a foreshadowing verse out in the fullness of time for the very thing that it was first spoken, with being out of context. All but One is wrong, but why would you treat that One the same? In the same way, Israel killed the prophets that were sent to her.
LOL....It looks YOU decided, not God, since YOU are the one who decided that @Carl was ...”simply mixing up what is written”!!! You accused him of using scripture OUT OF CONTEXT to find in it whatever he believes. YOU said “it doesn’t work that way”. What cracks me up about you and your theory is that when YOU mix up what was written and when YOU take scripture out of context you suggest YOU are right and everyone else is wrong because YOU are guided by the Spirit. But when anyone else does the exact same thing you did and come up with a different interpretation, they are wrong.......Weird!!!

So, ONCE AGAIN, who decides how to put scripture in context so we don’t get mixed up?

You have already made it clear that YOU can do that.....Are you the only one on earth that can do that Scott?

Curious and patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nah since religion tried to replace the true bride of Christ with the harlot, so many ugly sisters, and mum vying for His attention. But His eyes are only set on one, and She isnt a denomination.
Hmmmmm.....so the denomination you belong to is the one He has his eyes set on? ;)

I have done my research....the devil has been playing mind games here since March 15th, 2009. If you have evidence otherwise, please present it. I will gladly present mine.

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marymog "In God" there is no such thing as 'denominations' , that is a man thing, not a God thing. Denominations are just rubbish.

God just see His Church...which is His people...no denominational walls at all!!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog "In God" there is no such thing as 'denominations' , that is a man thing, not a God thing. Denominations are just rubbish.

God just see His Church...which is His people...no denominational walls at all!!
Hi BG....Thanks for your input. I see things a little different. I believe scripture and here is what scripture says on the matter.

I agree with you that God does not see denominations. It is a human thing and using that word is how we communicate the difference between churches and their teachings. It is a word that defines different churches with different beliefs/practices/doctrines. God disagrees with some of those beliefs/practices/doctrines in some of those denominations. He doesn’t see or condemn the denomination as a whole, he just sees and condemned their false teachings.

God has only one Church of which he said in Scripture is the pillar and foundation of truth and of which we are supposed to go to settle our differences.

So I ask you BG....If all of us are “His Church” (no denominations) then we all must be the pillar and foundation of truth. Right? So when your truth is different than my truth how can we both be the pillar and foundation of truth???

If all of us are “His Church” then what “Church” are we to go to so that we can settle this difference between us? Please fulfill scripture and name that “church” for me. You already know the name I am going to provide:rolleyes:

Also, to suggest that God see’s all of us as His Church (in your context) is opposite of what scripture says since scripture and the Apostles sets up a heiracchal church with authority and certain men having authority over the rest of “the Church”.

We are all members of The Church....all of us are not The Church. Each member is a different part of The Church and their is authority in The Church. Just like Jesus and the Apostles established.

Mary

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has not ceased in saving people, that is to say his salvation plan Is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. It also true that God does not change and yet we have to look at the whole Bible to understand what he means by that. But to take this one verse and isolate it and say here is your proof that God is still bringing extra divine revelation will not work considering what the whole Bible has to say about this idea.
That is double-talk.

That is just you talking.

You are putting God in a box of your own private interpretation, of which there are none. And you do this against the scriptures that you have limited yourself to, considering them only in part and refusing to hear the whole truth as it is written.

For this, it is promised that by the same measure it shall be done to you also.

Reactions: mjrhealth

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL....It looks YOU decided, not God, since YOU are the one who decided that @Carl was ...”simply mixing up what is written”!!! You accused him of using scripture OUT OF CONTEXT to find in it whatever he believes. YOU said “it doesn’t work that way”. What cracks me up about you and your theory is that when YOU mix up what was written and when YOU take scripture out of context you suggest YOU are right and everyone else is wrong because YOU are guided by the Spirit. But when anyone else does the exact same thing you did and come up with a different interpretation, they are wrong.......Weird!!!

So, ONCE AGAIN, who decides how to put scripture in context so we don’t get mixed up?

You have already made it clear that YOU can do that.....Are you the only one on earth that can do that Scott?

Curious and patient Mary
You should have signed "Slow Mary."

I have answered this already as well: The Spirit decides.

The context of scripture is not what men perceive it to be...that is the problem. No, the context of scripture is where and when God in spirit places it. And history attests to the fact that this is true with the killing of the prophets by would-be children of God, of which you now are one. It is not wrong to question and to test, not at all. But it is wrong to maintain authority to condemn where you have none. God alone decides, and you should know better than to think that what appears to be contrary to what is believed by the masses is the truth. On the contrary, time and time again, it has proven to be just the opposite, that men should be humbled - even the chosen.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should have signed "Slow Mary."

I have answered this already as well: The Spirit decides.

The context of scripture is not what men perceive it to be...that is the problem. No, the context of scripture is where and when God in spirit places it. And history attests to the fact that this is true with the killing of the prophets by would-be children of God, of which you now are one. It is not wrong to question and to test, not at all. But it is wrong to maintain authority to condemn where you have none. God alone decides, and you should know better than to think that what appears to be contrary to what is believed by the masses is the truth. On the contrary, time and time again, it has proven to be just the opposite, that men should be humbled - even the chosen.
Ummmm.....no, you decided. You perceived it to be a certain way and you accused @Carl mixing up what was written and taking scripture out of context. That is what YOU said that is what YOU did that is what YOU decided.....not The Spirit

Wait a minute....I get it....GOD wrote those words....not you......You are right Scott...I am slow....But at least I am not deceiving myself, twisting scripture and presenting the false teachings that you present.

Good luck with your theory.

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmmmmm.....so the denomination you belong to is the one He has his eyes set on? ;)

I have done my research....the devil has been playing mind games here since March 15th, 2009. If you have evidence otherwise, please present it. I will gladly present mine.

Mary
well there is you, bol, and quiet a few others, evidence of the great falling away from the truth,, and if you had really done your research you would not be a catholic nor desire to belong to any denomination.

what it say

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

churches are filled with them

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....no, you decided. You perceived it to be a certain way and you accused @Carl mixing up what was written and taking scripture out of context. That is what YOU said that is what YOU did that is what YOU decided.....not The Spirit
You asked a question, meaning you do not know the answer.
I gave you the answer, but you reverted back to your own understanding and perspective of not knowing.
Which is apparently where you want to stay.
Enjoy!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well there is you, bol, and quiet a few others, evidence of the great falling away from the truth,, and if you had really done your research you would not be a catholic nor desire to belong to any denomination.

what it say

2Ti_4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

churches are filled with them
Lol....that passage refers to you and your ilk silly boy since I follow the Church which is the pillar and foundation of Truth....Just like scripture says. Scripture says that you and your ilk have false teachers amongst them. I feel that you are one of them UNLESS you are parroting someone else?

People like you that sit in their basement eating Doritos/ice cream reading their bible in their recliner (your cat sitting on your lap) and telling everyone on Christianityboard.com that they have personally been guided by the Holy Spirit therefor their interpretation of scripture is THE TRUTH.....ESPECIALLY since they don’t belong to a denomination.....Can anyone say BIZARRE!!???

But you don’t see how satan has deceived you? You and your ilk have 2-3 different doctrines from the SAME passage of scripture. Soooo which one of you has “sound doctrine”? It is you and only you Right???o_O

My research is complete and I have determined that Satan is itching your ears mrhealth........Please find some sound doctrine and stick with it for you are twisting scripture to your own destruction and you have documented this twisting for almost 10 years......

Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol....that passage refers to you and your ilk silly boy since I follow the Church which is the pillar and foundation of Truth....Just like scripture says. Scripture says that you and your ilk have false teachers amongst them. I feel that you are one of them UNLESS you are parroting someone else?

People like you that sit in their basement eating Doritos/ice cream reading their bible in their recliner (your cat sitting on your lap) and telling everyone on Christianityboard.com that they have personally been guided by the Holy Spirit therefor their interpretation of scripture is THE TRUTH.....ESPECIALLY since they don’t belong to a denomination.....Can anyone say BIZARRE!!???

But you don’t see how satan has deceived you? You and your ilk have 2-3 different doctrines from the SAME passage of scripture. Soooo which one of you has “sound doctrine”? It is you and only you Right???o_O

My research is complete and I have determined that Satan is itching your ears mrhealth........Please find some sound doctrine and stick with it for you are twisting scripture to your own destruction and you have documented this twisting for almost 10 years......

Mary
no you follow the catholic church filled murder and child abuse, if this is your picture of Christs bride you are sadly deluded, but we know that anyway.

PS twisted scripture.

Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

and another

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

have a lovely day.