Got your ears on?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked a question, meaning you do not know the answer.
I gave you the answer, but you reverted back to your own understanding and perspective of not knowing.
Which is apparently where you want to stay.
Enjoy!
Your killing me Scott. I asked a question....You didn’t and couldn’t answer it....sooooo doesn’t that mean YOU don’t have an answer??? If I don’t have an answer it is because you didn’t give it to me.

I think you know that if you answer my question it would show how ignorant and unbiblical your statements are. It’s easier for you to play word games.

Soooo one more time in very clear words: Why is your interpretation of Scripture right and everyone else’s wrong?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you follow the catholic church filled murder and child abuse, if this is your picture of Christs bride you are sadly deluded, but we know that anyway.

PS twisted scripture.

Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

and another

1Co_6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

have a lovely day.
And you follow YOU.....so you follow a sinful man also....Right???

Curious Mary

PS....are you eating Doritos right now???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you follow YOU.....so you follow a sinful man also....Right???

Curious Mary

PS....are you eating Doritos right now???
There is only one saviour Christ, you know this one,

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

There is only one Shepherd His name is Jesus.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

have a lovely day...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo one more time in very clear words: Why is your interpretation of Scripture right and everyone else’s wrong?
That is not the question you asked. These are the questions you asked, and here are my answers:
Who decides how to put scripture "in context" so that we don't get things 'mixed up'?
God decides.
So, ONCE AGAIN, who decides how to put scripture in context so we don’t get mixed up?
I have answered this already as well: The Spirit decides.

...So, now, is it "confused" Mary then?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one saviour Christ, you know this one,

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

There is only one Shepherd His name is Jesus.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

have a lovely day...
Thank you mrhealth....Every day is lovely for Marymog.

Sooooo are you going to answer my question or did my question stump you??

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the question you asked. These are the questions you asked, and here are my answers:

...So, now, is it "confused" Mary then?
Thank you dodge ball.

Yes, Marymog is confused as to why you refuse to answer such a simple question.

Soooooo your answer is GOD DECIDES how to put scripture "in context" so that we don't get things 'mixed up'.

Does God speak to you so that you can put Scripture in context so that the rest of us don't get it mixed up?

(I know your going to dodge me again but it's worth a try)

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because there is only One Truth. "I AM The Way, The Truth , and The Life."
Thank you BG. I love bible study.

If we are going to talk about truth in scripture and from where it comes shouldn't we include 1 Timothy 3:15 also? But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. What truth is being spoken of here?

Scripture also says and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free. Since God does not speak to me directly, where do I find this truth BG?

Also, CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT,...we must put John 14:6 in CONTEXT. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. I ask you BG: How do YOU go through Jesus to get to the Father?

Curious Mary

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is double-talk.

That is just you talking.

You are putting God in a box of your own private interpretation, of which there are none. And you do this against the scriptures that you have limited yourself to, considering them only in part and refusing to hear the whole truth as it is written.

For this, it is promised that by the same measure it shall be done to you also.

Is it me double talking or is that you do want to look at what I have to say ?

Let me give you an example of how things can get misconstrued because many want to take scriptures at face value.

Mt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

So hear we have to endure to the end to become saved, endure to the end of what, but never the less it say's I have to endure to the end.

In Mrk. 16:16 it says we have to believe and then become water baptized and then we will become saved.

In Lk. 7:50 it says our faith will save us. In Rom. 10:13 it says if we call upon Christ name we will become saved.

So if I take these verses as they stand I am going to have to do something in order to become saved, because that is what each and one of these verses say. So there you have it these are basically the things that ONE MUST DO in order to become saved and we could argue about which one is more important and or more Biblically correct according to what our pastor or denomination has to say about salvation.
Pretty plain and simple we have it written in black and white. But the problem is that the Bible has more to say and we read in Eph. and amongst many other places in the Bible where God say's emphatically we CAN DO NOTHING for our salvation. But yet we have many other places from the Bible saying otherwise, so how do we interpret this ? I can tell you this it is not by taking the scriptures at face value like those that hold to fast to the idea and wanting extra than what the Bible already has to say.

Is. 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are still trying to justify your unbelief

My unbelief in as far as God still being able to go against his word and bring extra divine revelation that to that of what we already have.

Yes

The next time you have a extra divine revelation apart from the Bible why don't you share it with us and then lets see if we can somehow incorporate it into the Bible, because this is Almighty God speaking to you and why would you not want to share what he has to say to each and one of us.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it me double talking or is that you do want to look at what I have to say ?

Let me give you an example of how things can get misconstrued because many want to take scriptures at face value.

Mt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

So hear we have to endure to the end to become saved, endure to the end of what, but never the less it say's I have to endure to the end.

In Mrk. 16:16 it says we have to believe and then become water baptized and then we will become saved.

In Lk. 7:50 it says our faith will save us. In Rom. 10:13 it says if we call upon Christ name we will become saved.

So if I take these verses as they stand I am going to have to do something in order to become saved, because that is what each and one of these verses say. So there you have it these are basically the things that ONE MUST DO in order to become saved and we could argue about which one is more important and or more Biblically correct according to what our pastor or denomination has to say about salvation.
Pretty plain and simple we have it written in black and white. But the problem is that the Bible has more to say and we read in Eph. and amongst many other places in the Bible where God say's emphatically we CAN DO NOTHING for our salvation. But yet we have many other places from the Bible saying otherwise, so how do we interpret this ? I can tell you this it is not by taking the scriptures at face value like those that hold to fast to the idea and wanting extra than what the Bible already has to say.

Is. 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
There is nothing wrong with what you have said in this post. But in most of your previous posts you do exactly the opposite of what you are speaking against in this post - previously you have picked out the one verse that fits what you want to believe and disregard the rest...which I have quoted to you. I am not going to go back through them all with you...but you should, because you are not practicing what you just now preached.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you mrhealth....Every day is lovely for Marymog.

Sooooo are you going to answer my question or did my question stump you??

Patient Mary
Lady you are the one that is stumped, you know this bit,

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

one would think one harlot would recognize another, but that is your religions for you, and so you have become your religion just like the bible says, and we know you are not of God for you dont glorify God, nor Christ, your religion is your god, it is your religion you worship and bow down too, you have no interest in teh truth you would rather this

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

but that is your choice, we choose Christ in whom is the truth and in whom there is no lie..

Still do have a blessed day.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My unbelief in as far as God still being able to go against his word and bring extra divine revelation that to that of what we already have.

Yes

The next time you have a extra divine revelation apart from the Bible why don't you share it with us and then lets see if we can somehow incorporate it into the Bible, because this is Almighty God speaking to you and why would you not want to share what he has to say to each and one of us.

and when the devil finds a mouth to speak,,, and it is going to get worse.

The bible says,

Joh_10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

but the devil insists , "you dont need God". wiley is he not.

again

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

and again

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Mat 11:26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

why, because they have nothing to loos, unlike learned men who have much to boast.

but like Paul

hp 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

you want to know the bible and that is all you will know, I would rather know Christ.

Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

now how can God revel when one is not listening to God, you think but you know not of what you speak.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

but men are not getting any smarter, crazy idea isnt it.

Isa 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
Isa 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

apokalupsis
ap-ok-al'-oop-sis
From G601; disclosure: - appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.

and again

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

God bless

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady you are the one that is stumped, you know this bit,

1Co_6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

one would think one harlot would recognize another, but that is your religions for you, and so you have become your religion just like the bible says, and we know you are not of God for you dont glorify God, nor Christ, your religion is your god, it is your religion you worship and bow down too, you have no interest in teh truth you would rather this

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

but that is your choice, we choose Christ in whom is the truth and in whom there is no lie..

Still do have a blessed day.
I see your still stumped.

That's ok....I'm patient.

Patient Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see your still stumped.

That's ok....I'm patient.

Patient Mary
Stumped, nah, dont play cricket have absolutely no interest in the game.

Whats it say,

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

of course I should add this for your sake

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

as for patient, I think not, should be "sarcastic".

God bless

and forgot this bit

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stumped, nah, dont play cricket have absolutely no interest in the game.

Whats it say,

1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

of course I should add this for your sake

Joh 9:40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
Joh 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

as for patient, I think not, should be "sarcastic".

God bless

and forgot this bit

Still stumped eh'??

Thats ok....I am a patient woman. I will wait for a LOGICAL answer.

Patient Mary

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In order to know Christ one has to know the Bible, because the word is Christ. Its a crazy idea is it not ?
Dumbest idea ever. Have you not read

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

or

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

or

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I guess you have to decide who is your Lord

Jesus or the bible

who is God

God or the bible

whom is it you worship

Jesus and God or the bible.

God doesnt need teh bible to save anyone, and the bible cant save anyone, and He can use an ass to speak,

This Man
One day you hear about this man who has traveled the world and done wonderful expolits. You get excited so you run down the road and buy a book written about his adventures. Then one day you see a new neighbour move in and you wonder who it may be. Soon you see him, he sees you over the fence and you recognize him and say,
Hi are you not the man that this book is all about ? And he says yes, would you like to come over for some tea and ill tell you all about it. But you go not just at the moment i have other things to do and besides i havnt finsihed the book.
So every day you say hi to your neighbour, and every day he invites you in and you turn him down. Then one day you dont see him and you shrug it off, After a few days of not seeing him you begin to wonder if hes gone on holidays or moved or something but still you are to busy. Then soon it gets the better of you and you go to his door, and as you get closer you hear cries of wonderment and excitement and laughter and you wonder what is going on. You knock on the door, and his voice says, Come on in “. And you look about you and there are children everwhere, there is so little space you have to stand.
So you ask , What is going on? , and he replies. Well I invited you in everyday but you were always to busy, but the children in the street all heard about me so they came and knocked on my door and asked if I would tell them all about my adventures and so here we are. If you are interested you can stay.
Then you look about you and see all the joy on the childrens faces and think of how lonely your life has being so you find a spot and sit down, Then he begins to speak and soon you are wondering , why did i wait so long this is so much more then what i read.

And so Jesus said.

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 7:7) Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

(Mat 7:8) For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

(Rev 3:20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(Joh 10:7) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

(Joh 10:8) All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

(Joh 10:9) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

So knock on his door, enter in and find the unspeakable joy that is Jesus.

God bless

and again

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
Pro 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Pro 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Pro 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still stumped eh'??

Thats ok....I am a patient woman. I will wait for a LOGICAL answer.

Patient Mary

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

even more patient Dave...