• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Doing TRUTH consist of? (1Jn 1:6) (Jn 3:19-21)(Rom.6:16-18)(1Jn 3:7)(1Jn 2:3-6)

Must one REPENT of his sins to be saved? (Luke 13:3) (Acts 3:19)

If one must repent to be saved, would that prove that confession alone does not save?

It seems that (Rom. 6:16-18) says correct obedience came before being freed from sins.

I like to post (Rom. 4:12) when someone goes to Abraham.

Ro 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also WALK IN THE STEPS OF THAT FAITH of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

The bible nowhere says man is saved by faith ALONE.

In going to Romans 4:12, you would be neglecting to see what is written in Romans 4:11...

Rom 4:11, And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Righteousness is imputed even to the one who is not spiritually circumcised; to the one who is not fully obedient, and to the one who has not had the foreskin of sin taken away in complete sanctification; but who relies completely on the forgiveness of Christ.

Also, clearly, Romans 4:4-5 teaches us that the Lord imputes righteousness apart from works to him who worketh not, because of faith. And since this cannot be disputed, you should realize that the context of any singular verse does not ever nullify the plain meaning of that verse; and that this is a first rule of hermeneutics; because the scripture never contradicts itself..

Also, in Romans 4:12, the ones who are required to walk in Abraham's steps are those who are spiritually circumcised. These have made a commitment to walk in holiness and the Lord requires holiness of them therefore. But those who are not spiritually circumcised are in a different category. But I would say also, that the circumcised spiritually are not required to walk in Abraham's steps; but that they will walk in Abraham's steps because they are spiritually circumcised.

even though that claim is made by Scripture that ALL SIN is cleansed, which one can only conclude that NO SIN is left uncleansed.

In 1 John 1:7 it says that if we walk in the light as He is in the light...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son "continually cleanseth us from all sin." This indicates that sin is coming in from the outside on a regular basis and we need to be cleansed all over again when it does; and that this only happens when we walk in the light (stay transparent before the Lord). In John chapter 13, Jesus girded Himself with a towel and proceeded to wash the disciples' feet. Our whole person does not need to be washed; but our feet need to be washed from time to time; because dirt gets on our feet as we walk around out there in the real world.

Last edited:

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't expect everyone to accept this as the study of Semitic writing styles of the apostles is a bit advanced. But if you are going to understand their meaning, you must understand their eastern culture and styles of writing.
If I am speaking to a Church that is mixed with one belief, and the other half has the same beliefs as I do, I would speak to them as "we" where we needed correction. It in no way implies that Christians or myself are guilty of that sin. It's just a normal usage of language when speaking to mixed crowd.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 John 1:7 it says that if we walk in the light as He is in the light...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son "continually cleanseth us from all sin." This indicates that sin is coming in from the outside on a regular basis and we need to be cleansed all over again when it does; and that this only happens when we walk in the light (stay transparent before the Lord). In John chapter 13, Jesus girded Himself with a towel and proceeded to wash the disciples' feet. Our whole person does not need to be washed; but our feet need to be washed from time to time; because dirt gets on our feet as we walk around out there in the real world.

The present tense "cleansing" is conditioned upon a present tense "walking in the light as He is in the light."

Under what stretch of the imagination is constant sinning "walking in the light as He is in the light"?

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The present tense "cleansing" is conditioned upon a present tense "walking in the light as He is in the light."

Under what stretch of the imagination is constant sinning "walking in the light as He is in the light"?
We simply need to have our feet washed from time to time; and Jesus does this when we confess our sins (walk in the light as He is in the light).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why ask me? Why not ask Jesus? John 14:15

My question would be, why are you so proud of it that you would continue?

None of that is the point of this.

For some reason you seem averse towards a practical application of your soteriology.

Maybe something to think about.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why are you so proud of it that you would continue?
Why would you think I'd be proud of the works of the flesh?

You assume I'm proud of this . . . is that assumption from the spirit, or the flesh?

Again . . . something key to understanding this.

Is making wrong assumptions about others something that finds its source in the Spirit, or from the flesh?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of that is the point of this.

For some reason you seem averse towards a practical application of your soteriology.

Maybe something to think about.

Much love!

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

HI Canididus,

What Scriptures would you point to that would show the Biblical meaning of "walking in the light"?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may benefit from actually engaging with the things I'm saying, instead of side-stepping them. But that's all up to you.

Much love!

marks, I know exactly what you are trying to do, and it is hypocritical to think they are said with Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks, I know exactly what you are trying to do, and it is hypocritical to think they are said with Much love!
Actually, it is my love for you that leads me to continue in this discussion.

So tell me . . . what am I trying to do? My end goal?

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you think I'd be proud of the works of the flesh?

You assume I'm proud of this . . . is that assumption from the spirit, or the flesh?

Again . . . something key to understanding this.

Is making wrong assumptions about others something that finds its source in the Spirit, or from the flesh?

Much love!
My question is why do some believe Jesus came to save our flesh, when He didn’t save His own?

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In going to Romans 4:12, you would be neglecting to see what is written in Romans 4:11...

Rom 4:11, And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

Righteousness is imputed even to the one who is not spiritually circumcised; to the one who is not fully obedient, and to the one who has not had the foreskin of sin taken away in complete sanctification; but who relies completely on the forgiveness of Christ.

Also, clearly, Romans 4:4-5 teaches us that the Lord imputes righteousness apart from works to him who worketh not, because of faith. And since this cannot be disputed, you should realize that the context of any singular verse does not ever nullify the plain meaning of that verse; and that this is a first rule of hermeneutics; because the scripture never contradicts itself..

Also, in Romans 4:12, the ones who are required to walk in Abraham's steps are those who are spiritually circumcised. These have made a commitment to walk in holiness and the Lord requires holiness of them therefore. But those who are not spiritually circumcised are in a different category. But I would say also, that the circumcised spiritually are not required to walk in Abraham's steps; but that they will walk in Abraham's steps because they are spiritually circumcised.

So when the Lord said the following he did not mean it?

Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 ¶ As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

"IF" means "upon the conditions that"