• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I understand perfectly that a minister is trained to say "we" when referring to other people. But you do not understand the reason for it. It is because the minister is not supposed to point the finger.

Yet, if you say that this verse means that John has sin, then A) you dont understand the verse, and B.) John would be pointing a finger.
So, how many more contradictions to your own point of view can you come up with?
Im sure many more, as proven alreadly.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Please explain, then, how you understand this doctrine

John 1:9 is not a doctrine.
Its a verse, were an apostle is talking to a group and he is admonishing them to understand that THEY have sin.
If they have sin, then Christ does not have their sin yet, which is why John tells them not to say that they dont have it.
John on the other hand, has no sin, as Christ has become his sin bearer.
John has the righteousness of God, in Christ.
There is no sin found "in Christ".

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you sin intentionally. Are they compatible with Christianity? Do you enjoy committing them? Do you believe you are still loving Jesus when you commit them? What kind of Spirit are you in when you commit these? Christians are in the Holy Spirit. Did this Spirit lead you into intentional sin?

This belief of yours isn't for me, but I bet there are many who would love it.

What does Paul say? Therefore it is no longer I that sin, but the sin that lives in me. And it goes on and on and on.

To my recollection, you've never answered the question . . . what is the old man, what is the new man, and what does it mean to put of the old man, and put on the new?

Why not?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its a verse, were an apostle is talking to a group and he is admonishing them to understand that THEY have sin.
If they have sin, then Christ does not have their sin yet, which is why John tells them not to say that they dont have it.
John on the other hand, has no sin, as Christ has become his sin bearer.
John has the righteousness of God, in Christ.
There is no sin found "in Christ".
1 John 1:9 is indeed a teaching given by the apostle John.

If John has no sin, then he would not be including himself in the group of people who would be deceiving themselves, and the truth not in them, if they say that they have no sin.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admonishment is not teaching. Now that is beyond brilliant.
(I can't believe this needs to be quoted.)
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (2 Timothy 3:16)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the objective to make people doubt their salvation?
Whose objective? If it is God's, why not? If it is some man's why should we pay him any mind?
Perhaps first, a person would have to really be saved for the question even to meaningful to that person.

Does any person know that he will never die and always be with the Lord... before he dies physically?

Or do many people only believe that?

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does any person know that he will never die and always be [with] the Lord... before he dies physically?
I have added "with" since I believe it may have been accidentally omitted. In any event, to answer your question, every genuine Christian should know this based upon the words of Christ. Not sure why you even asked.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... In any event, to answer your question, every genuine Christian should know this based upon the words of Christ. Not sure why you even asked.
What do we know and what do we hold by faith?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the objective to make people doubt their salvation?

No, to turn the UNsaved in the Church into the actually SAVED. Because of the OSAS liberal message, there are many who believe that the sins they are committing, are covered by the blood of Jesus. Anytime you hear the word "covered" in the salvation message, that is a false doctrine. Jesus literally TAKES AWAY our desire to sin through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

It is the old nature, the "flesh" that sins. But the Spirit of God takes us OUT of the flesh, and into the Spirit nature called the divine nature, Romans 8:9 and 2 Peter 1:2-11.

Knowing that I was still in the old nature for the first 30 years of my life going to church, it opened my eyes when I was literally born again and filled with the Spirit of God on Feb. 9, 1977 around 8:00 pm at a Wednesday night prayer meeting, that completely changed me from having NO POWER over committing willful intentional sins, to having no desire to do anything the Spirit pulled me away from.

My ministry is from home. My only outlet is writing books to Christians, and on these forums. So my ministry is not to the unsaved of the world, but to the unsaved, AS I HAD BEEN THOSE 30 YEARS, IN THE CHURCH.

It is the FALSE ASSURANCE of the unsaved in the Church, that I am so afraid for. Can you see the answer to you question? My motive is not to boast in my own salvation, but to show that the Word of God about having power over sin IS TRUE. We all need to judge ourselves, and not listen to some of the very vocal false prophets on here, that many agree with - YIKES! And you should know who I'm talking about, as you have liked his message.

Reactions: amadeus

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Paul say? Therefore it is no longer I that sin, but the sin that lives in me. And it goes on and on and on.

To my recollection, you've never answered the question . . . what is the old man, what is the new man, and what does it mean to put of the old man, and put on the new?

Why not?

Much love!

The result of Acts 2:38 - true REPENTANCE done once 1 John 1:9, gets you out of that old man, the "flesh"/carnal nature/dead spirit we were born with, and into the Spirit, where our spirit become immortal - where we can stay continuously. Romans 8:9, not to be confused with the "body" on the next verse. It takes a lot of temptation to actually quench the Spirit once you have Him. Even all the way to perdition - Hebrews 10:26-39.

You don't understand this. I remember one post of yours recently where you went on and on about the different fleshes of birds and animals, etc. Zip, right over your head. Paul tried to warn you about that mistake when he put those verses in Romans 8 together. (Your "flesh" is Paul's "body." stop confusing the two.)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The result of Acts 2:38 - true REPENTANCE done once 1 John 1:9, gets you out of that old man, the "flesh"/carnal nature/dead spirit we were born with, and into the Spirit, where our spirit become immortal - where we can stay continuously. Romans 8:9, not to be confused with the "body" on the next verse. It takes a lot of temptation to actually quench the Spirit once you have Him. Even all the way to perdition - Hebrews 10:26-39.

You don't understand this. I remember one post of yours recently where you went on and on about the different fleshes of birds and animals, etc. Zip, right over your head. Paul tried to warn you about that mistake when he put those verses in Romans 8 together. (Your "flesh" is Paul's "body." stop confusing the two.)
Have you ever sat down and examined all the uses of sarx - flesh - in the NT? I think this is a very revealing study, to see exactly how the Bible consistently uses that word.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to ALWAYS read my post AFTER I post, to catch mine.
I usually try to do that, but sometimes even the second time through I miss what I missed. Later when someone has responded to one of my posts and I reread it then it hits me between the eyes just how nonsensical it was because of typos....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 6:6 "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed (that is, rendered powerless, made of no effect), that henceforth we should not serve sin."

What is this "body of sin"?

Romans 7:24 "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

Romans 8:10 "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

Romans 8:13 "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."

What are the 'deed of the body' that need to be put to death? How can the body have it's own deeds, and why do we need to kill them?

WE are not our bodies, which are corrupt flesh. We are children of God, given eternal life, righteous and holy, but we are living in mortal bodies. The body is dead because of sin, a body of death. We are to to therefore kill it's deeds. But then, the body of sin is made powerless by crucifixion with Christ, given us freedom from sin, the sin of the flesh, in the body of sin. You see this is the Scriptural terminology and teaching.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember one post of yours recently where you went on and on about the different fleshes of birds and animals, etc. Zip, right over your head.
The point on that one was that there is a single "kind" of human flesh. Some people it seems want to speak of a literal flesh, and a mystical flesh, but the Bible only speaks of one kind of flesh. The differences in kinds of flesh are not that people have this kind and that kind of flesh, rather, that there is one kind of flesh that is people, and another kind that is birds, and another kind that is fish.

Why have you become so contemptuous, and condescending?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does any person know that he will never die and always be with the Lord... before he dies physically?
Are you asking, does anyone have a true assurance that they have eternal life?

Much love!