• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the things I'm trying to accomplish is to help you to see the inner inconsistencies with your view.

Perhaps you might take a look here . . . Sin

Much love!

What you are accomplishing is desensitizing people to sin, as if "everybody does it, so I admit to it too. And what's more, I do it intentionally." Well, speak for yourself.

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are accomplishing is desensitizing people to sin, as if "everybody does it, so I admit to it too. And what's more, I do it intentionally." Well, speak for yourself.
What I'm attempting to do is show an accurate understanding of what sin actually is, so that we can have an accurate understanding of how we've been separated from our sin, so that we can overcome our doubts and fears and distractions, and that we can be truly real with ourselves, and with God, and be free from sin.

Not just to not do from this list of things! That's not it! To stop living according to the flesh, even in those things that aren't on the list. Even those things we don't mean to do. Any of it. It's all the flesh, and we've been separated from the flesh.

You've got this idea that Christians don't commit intentional sins, but may commit "unintentional" "unwillful" sins, as if somehow these are compatible with Christianity. They aren't. Did Jesus commit them? I don't think so. I don't think Jesus committed any sin of any description.

There is no sin of any kind that is compatible with walking in the Spirit. And sin comes from the flesh, the old man, not the spirit, not the new man.

You make it sound like I set out to sin to prove some point. What nonesense! And you make it sound like you sin without having the opportunity to recognize what you are about to do, and to not do it, your "unintentional sins".

That which is not of faith is sin. So to sin, we are not acting in faith. What I think we need is to be self-aware, so that we can see that moment that our faith begins to falter, which is pre-requisite to ANY sin, since sin is not of faith, our faith MUST be taking a back seat for ANY sin to occur in us.

We don't have to intend to sin. But I believe that in every case we allow ourselves to act according to the flesh, and, whether we even realize that our action is sin, yet still we can train ourselves to realize when we aren't living trust in Jesus.

When we come to see sin as all that comes from the flesh, and we can become attuned to what it's like being in the Spirit, and what it's like living according to the flesh, then we can learn to spot that moment when our faith begins to slide, and fix our minds back on Jesus.

What does this look like? You may ask. Or you may not, so I'll ask.

The moment something happens and I begin to feel nervous. Or unhappy. Or angry (frustration/depression). Even slightly! That's the tip-off that my eyes are starting to move away from Jesus, and onto the waves.

We may be walking in the Spirit just fine, then the next wave slaps against our ankles, or the next hurricane hits, and do we need to wait until we're sliding under the water before we come back to Jesus? Once you realize that you are losing your focus on an absolute confidence in Christ, simply act in faith by reminding yourself of His Promise, and act in faith by relying on His Promise.

Our walk is by faith, and not by sight. Once we've left faith, and switched over to sight, well, the new man operates in faith. That which is not of faith is sin.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I think we need is to be self-aware, so that we can see that moment that our faith begins to falter, which is pre-requisite to ANY sin, since sin is not of faith, our faith MUST be taking a back seat for ANY sin to occur in us.

Do you think that this may be the reason why the Holy Spirit only convicts people of sin who believe not (John 16:9)?

(because it takes a departure from faith to be able to commit sin?)

Iow, it is not that Jesus doesn't convict people who sin because they do believe; but that people who do believe don't commit sin; and this is the reason why they do not convicted of sin.

But that, any time a person sins, the Holy Spirit will be the one to convict them; whether they are a Christian by name or not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when the Lord said the following he did not mean it?

Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9 ¶ As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

"IF" means "upon the conditions that"
I don't see any logical progression in your reasoning.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that this may be the reason why the Holy Spirit only convicts people of sin who believe not (John 16:9)?

Iow, it is not that Jesus doesn't convict people who sin because they do believe; but that people who do believe don't commit sin; and this is the reason why they do not convicted of sin.

But that, any time a person sins, the Holy Spirit will be the one to convict them; whether they are a Christian by name or not.
When you say, "convict of sin", what do you mean exactly?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I guess I'd need to get into a discussion on what it means to have faith, to believe, there is believing in Jesus which is receiving Him, believing the Gospel, and for which God imputes righteousness, and there is the everyday active reliance on Jesus to meet my every need.

I think when John wrote, convict the world of sin . . . because they believe not in Me, this is the ubelieving world at large.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the Holy Spirit convicts everyone of sin, whether they claim to be a Christian or not.

If you sin, you can be certain that the Holy Spirit will convict you.

Being a "believer in Christ" does not make you exempt.

Otherwise, born again believers would be devoid of a healthy conscience; and I don't think that that is the case.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the Holy Spirit convicts everyone of sin, whether they claim to be a Christian or not.

If you sin, you can be certain that the Holy Spirit will convict you.

Being a "believer in Christ" does not make you exempt.

Otherwise, born again believers would be devoid of a healthy conscience; and I don't think that that is the case.

Still curious, when you say, convict of sin, what do you mean exactly?

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sin of any kind that is compatible with walking in the Spirit. And sin comes from the flesh, the old man, not the spirit, not the new man.

1 John 1:7 This person is still being cleansed of all sin, so what sin is he committing while walking in the Spirit?

You just said, no sin of any kind.
I don't.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:7 This person is still being cleansed of all sin, so what sin is he committing while walking in the Spirit?

You just said, no sin of any kind.
I don't.
Are you suggesting that there are sins that are compatible with Christianity?

If we walk in the Spirit, we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. None of them.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The blood of Jesus Christ is cleansing us from all sin.

Much love!

PS . . . Maybe I'm misunderstanding you . . . did you mean to say committing sins while walking in the Spirit?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still curious, when you say, convict of sin, what do you mean exactly?

Much love!
I mean, pinpointing the sin so that a man is afflicted in his conscience over it.

Is there any other possible meaning? if so, what?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, pinpointing the sin so that a man is afflicted in his conscience over it.

Is there any other possible meaning? if so, what?
Where KJV says convict, the AV shows reprove. One of my interlinears has, "shall be exposing".

I think people don't recognize that they have a sin-problem with God. Exposing this to them would be to convict the world of sin.

We know we have a sin problem.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where KJV says convict, the AV shows reprove. One of my interlinears has, "shall be exposing".

I think people don't recognize that they have a sin-problem with God. Exposing this to them would be to convict the world of sin.

We know we have a sin problem.

Much love!
I think that it says "reprove" in the kjv also, if I remember correctly...at least, in the 2012 version.

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting that there are sins that are compatible with Christianity?

You said you sin intentionally. Are they compatible with Christianity? Do you enjoy committing them? Do you believe you are still loving Jesus when you commit them? What kind of Spirit are you in when you commit these? Christians are in the Holy Spirit. Did this Spirit lead you into intentional sin?

This belief of yours isn't for me, but I bet there are many who would love it.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you sin intentionally. Are they compatible with Christianity? Do you enjoy committing them? Do you believe you are still loving Jesus when you commit them? What kind of Spirit are you in when you commit these? Christians are in the Holy Spirit. Did this Spirit lead you into intentional sin?

Is the objective to make people doubt their salvation?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scripture states that the spiritual gifts are for the edification of the body. Yes they are to profit all?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deceive - to make a statement, carry out an act, or use some device intended to mislead; fraud; trick; the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth; act of keeping the truth hidden, especially to gain some advantage

Deceit - concealment or distortion of the truth for the purpose of misleading; the act of representing as true what is known to be false; a stratagem; a trick; something that is done to mislead

Deception - the act of tricking someone by telling them something that is not true; when people hide the truth, especially to get an advantage; actions and/or schemes fabricated to mislead and/or delude someone into errantly believing a lie or inaccuracy.

Deceitful - guilty of or involving deceit; deceiving or misleading others, marked by deliberate deceptiveness, especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another.