• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you don't realize is how many times we repent in order to receive the Holy Spirit that frees us from sin!

Acts of the Apostles 2:38
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

How many? ONCE.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and there is no truth in us. 9 But if we confess our sins to God, he will keep his promise and do what is right: he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing.

That is how an unsaved person who has never repented and accepted Christ, but may be a Jew that keeps the Law, becomes a Christian.
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply. second, ERROR on this part, "That is how an unsaved person who has never repented and accepted Christ" we don't agree with that assessment. an unsave person is never required by God to confess their sins in order to get saved. NO, God only require an unsaved person to confess his Son, "JESUS" to be save. that's why he, Jesus, the ordinal Last was sent to die for our sins that are Past, supportive Scripture, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" God takes care of our past life of sin. for if God required that we confess our sins in order to be save ... none of us would be saved. because if we had to confess all our sins, we couldn't remenber what we was doing last week, let alone last year or 10 years ago. you see the problem now? Confession of sins are for the saved, not sinners. that's why God "FORGIVE". why? because you're his now. and as siad, if you was so sinless why would you need a MEDIATOR? well. listen, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

the point is not to sin, but while we're in these flesh bodies, we tend to sin untill we mature. as new born babies we sin, but God have a remedy, CONFESSION, listen up, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (U might want to read that again, and again)
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.". wait a minute, if your sins all of them past present and future have as you say been taken care of why would one who is in Christ need to confess "SINS?". that right there should tell you something. because SINNER don't have fellowship with Christ, listen, 1 John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:" the "WE" here is christians who profess Christ. SINNERS are not Christians, and John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" again the "WE" christians who have fellowship with Christ. now the next verse. " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". we, John included himself in the "WE". John is speaking to Christians who have fellowship with Christ and each other. so again, NO, confession of sins are not for SINNERS, but CHRISTIAN. if you was sinning on Oct 17th 1980... for some of us... (smile), what if you was sinning? you cain't even remember what you was doing was week on friday at 10:11 am. or for our longer one, July 21st at 2 pm 2018? well... see your ERROR NOW.

always remember, God require SINNERS to confess JESUS, not their sins in order to be saved, that's why he died, for our sins that are PAST, (Romans 3:25). this is before one comes to Christ. now once in the body of Christ, NOW Confession of sins after one comes to Christ. BINGO.

do you understand where we're coming from NOW? if not ask a legitimate question ok....

PICJAG.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply. second, ERROR on this part, "That is how an unsaved person who has never repented and accepted Christ" we don't agree with that assessment. an unsave person is never required by God to confess their sins in order to get saved. NO, God only require an unsaved person to confess his Son, "JESUS" to be save. that's why he, Jesus, the ordinal Last was sent to die for our sins that are Past, supportive Scripture, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" God takes care of our past life of sin. for if God required that we confess our sins in order to be save ... none of us would be saved. because if we had to confess all our sins, we couldn't remenber what we was doing last week, let alone last year or 10 years ago. you see the problem now? Confession of sins are for the saved, not sinners. that's why God "FORGIVE". why? because you're his now. and as siad, if you was so sinless why would you need a MEDIATOR? well. listen, 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

the point is not to sin, but while we're in these flesh bodies, we tend to sin untill we mature. as new born babies we sin, but God have a remedy, CONFESSION, listen up, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (U might want to read that again, and again)
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.". wait a minute, if your sins all of them past present and future have as you say been taken care of why would one who is in Christ need to confess "SINS?". that right there should tell you something. because SINNER don't have fellowship with Christ, listen, 1 John 1:6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:" the "WE" here is christians who profess Christ. SINNERS are not Christians, and John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" again the "WE" christians who have fellowship with Christ. now the next verse. " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness". we, John included himself in the "WE". John is speaking to Christians who have fellowship with Christ and each other. so again, NO, confession of sins are not for SINNERS, but CHRISTIAN. if you was sinning on Oct 17th 1980... for some of us... (smile), what if you was sinning? you cain't even remember what you was doing was week on friday at 10:11 am. or for our longer one, July 21st at 2 pm 2018? well... see your ERROR NOW.

always remember, God require SINNERS to confess JESUS, not their sins in order to be saved, that's why he died, for our sins that are PAST, (Romans 3:25). this is before one comes to Christ. now once in the body of Christ, NOW Confession of sins after one comes to Christ. BINGO.

do you understand where we're coming from NOW? if not ask a legitimate question ok....

PICJAG.

I understand your confusion over the word "we". It is the same confusion many have over Paul's use of the word "I" in Romans 7. Those in Romans 7:14-23 are UNDER the Law of Moses, not Christ. Present tense is merely a teaching tool.

Remember, the writers of the epistles were all Jews, so any scholar has to take that into consideration and know the writing styles of the EAST. You see, we, you and I, have a WESTERN mindset. Unfortunately, many commentaries are still WESTERN in thought.

1 John 1:5-10 as is 1 John 3 are written in the Semitic (Hebrew) writing style of Contrasts. Light vs. Darkness. And chapter 3 is Jesus/sinless vs. Satan/sinners.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

You see those who abide in Christ have no darkness at all. Just the opposite of what you've been taught and believe.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! After Simon's spurious conversion, we see that Simon offers the apostles money to have their ability to impart the Holy Spirit (verses 18–19), he is rebuked by Peter. Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. (verses 20-21)
That is exactly what I was referring to. So now we have people making Simon the Sorcerer into a saint for some strange reason. Things are getting more and more bizarre.

Reactions: mailmandan

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
And im very glad you and Paul are well acquainted.

The truth is.. if a believer does not get grounded in Grace early in their discipleship. Hebrews 13:9 and following this become a student of Paul.. as He is the gentile apostle in the time of the gentiles, ....
If a person does not do this, then they will end up a heretic in a cult.
Paul protects us from legalism and heresy, as you know.

Some say that Paul was the most intelligent man that ever lived. I agree.Thanks to the BEST TEACHER that ever lived! How amazing it would be to be taught One-on- One in the Arabian Desert by Jesus for three years! The 3 years was no accident....Paul’s critics said the disciples of Jesus were with Jesus for three years in His Earthly Ministry and Paul was not included with them so he should not be listened to if there were any disagreements . They thought he was kinda second- class , deserving of being “ put on the Back-Burner......The three year teaching class given by Jesus to Paul Alone was a counter-weight to that flawed argument
In addition to being the “ Smartest Man who ever lived”, I think Paul was also the “ Coolest Man who ever Lived!” The Holy Spirit had transformed an Evil , Self-Righteous , Total ASS of a man into a Man who Loved with a ferocity That was Unmatched since the Ascension Of Jesus.....Thanks to Jesus, Paul did not care if he was rich or poor, he did not care what anybody’s Opinion of him was, he did not care if he was hot or cold , wet or dry......or even if he was in or out of Prison. Any man that gets thrown in a Jail for no valid reason and his reaction is to break out into Song is a guy that I can envy and aspire to be like. I admire Paul on many levels. God is transforming me too! I have no delusions that I will be thrown into the County Lock-Up any time soon, singing my off-key versions of Bible Songs, but hey! ....Stranger things have happened.......lol...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul protects us from legalism and heresy, as you know.
If Paul were present on earth today, he would be warning Christians against *Behold* as a false teacher who has no clue about Gospel truth, but calls all genuine Christians legalists and heretics. It is Paul who said that Satan appears as an angel of light, and so do his minions.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your confusion over the word "we". It is the same confusion many have over Paul's use of the word "I" in Romans 7. Those in Romans 7:14-23 are UNDER the Law of Moses, not Christ. Present tense is merely a teaching tool.

Remember, the writers of the epistles were all Jews, so any scholar has to take that into consideration and know the writing styles of the EAST. You see, we, you and I, have a WESTERN mindset. Unfortunately, many commentaries are still WESTERN in thought.

1 John 1:5-10 as is 1 John 3 are written in the Semitic (Hebrew) writing style of Contrasts. Light vs. Darkness. And chapter 3 is Jesus/sinless vs. Satan/sinners.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

You see those who abide in Christ have no darkness at all. Just the opposite of what you've been taught and believe.
one word... NOPE

PICJAG.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between wishful thinking and truth. Simon the Sorcerer was definitely not saved as the text clearly shows, and as Church history confirms.
(1Jn. 1:9) is only for Christians.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Peter tells Simon in (Acts 8) to repent and pray for forgiveness.

Ac 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between wishful thinking and truth. Simon the Sorcerer was definitely not saved as the text clearly shows, and as Church history confirms.
Church history is wrong.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If Paul were present on earth today, he would be warning Christians against *Behold* as a false teacher who has no clue about Gospel truth, but calls all genuine Christians legalists and heretics. It is Paul who said that Satan appears as an angel of light, and so do his minions.

One day when you own a New Testamant, go and read Ephesians, Colossians, Titus, 1-2 Timothy.
You'll think i wrote it.
But for now, just whine.....

also...The more you read what i write, the more you say what i say.
Typical of every heretic that i deal with on a forum.
That all start out denying what i teach, then after a few weeks they are using my sentences.
Perhaps you and about 6 others here should enlist your ability to listen and use that in my direction.
Thats my advice.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Some say that Paul was the most intelligent man that ever lived. I agree.Thanks to the BEST TEACHER that ever lived! How amazing it would be to be taught One-on- One in the Arabian Desert by Jesus for three years! The 3 years was no accident....Paul’s critics said the disciples of Jesus were with Jesus for three years in His Earthly Ministry and Paul was not included with them so he should not be listened to if there were any disagreements . They thought he was kinda second- class , deserving of being “ put on the Back-Burner......The three year teaching class given by Jesus to Paul Alone was a counter-weight to that flawed argument
In addition to being the “ Smartest Man who ever lived”, I think Paul was also the “ Coolest Man who ever Lived!” The Holy Spirit had transformed an Evil , Self-Righteous , Total ASS of a man into a Man who Loved with a ferocity That was Unmatched since the Ascension Of Jesus.....Thanks to Jesus, Paul did not care if he was rich or poor, he did not care what anybody’s Opinion of him was, he did not care if he was hot or cold , wet or dry......or even if he was in or out of Prison. Any man that gets thrown in a Jail for no valid reason and his reaction is to break out into Song is a guy that I can envy and aspire to be like. I admire Paul on many levels. God is transforming me too! I have no delusions that I will be thrown into the County Lock-Up any time soon, singing my off-key versions of Bible Songs, but hey! ....Stranger things have happened.......lol...

Paul IS the New Testament guide, sage, teacher, writer, and is unmatched regarding the true understanding of the word "Saint".
When we are following Paul as Paul follows Jesus, we are preserved from the cults and the deceivers.
To Know Paul is to Know the New Testament.
Its almost hilarious that the Catholic Church has carefully/nearly omitted Paul from their Cult, as it deifies Peter, but then again, every cult and heretic has no or almost no association with Paul.
That explains a lot.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Acts 22:16 means nothing to you?

It means a lot to me. It is through Acts 22:16 that I have absolute assurance of salvation.

But if you look at Mark 16:16 more carefully, I believe that you will find that a man is not condemned for not being baptized...only for not having faith.

There is absolute assurance for the one who believes and is baptized (Mark 16:16). There is also absolute assurance for the one who believes and calls on the name of the Lord (Romans 10:8-13).

For the one who merely believes, the assurance is not so absolute. They "should not perish"...iffy.

What this says to me, comparing verse 6 to verse 8, is that if we say that we have no sin, we are walking in darkness.

One day when you own a New Testamant, go and read Ephesians, Colossians, Titus, 1-2 Timothy.
You'll think i wrote it.

You become more hilarious by the day. I wonder at how you cannot see how prideful some of your statements can be.

also...The more you read what i write, the more you say what i say.

We are striving to say what you say, in accordance with 1 Corinthians 1:10...but of course we will also not compromise the truth of 1 John 1:7-9 when that subject comes up concerning your doctrine...so, as much as we might want to agree, and as much as we might be striving to agree, we find that we must agree instead with holy scripture...and that it is your duty to come over to the knowledge of the truth in this thing so that you come into agreement with us and what the holy scriptures teach; even according to the verse in question (1 Corinthians 1:10).

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one word... NOPE

PICJAG.

So you are a sinner and are under the law of sin and death? So be it unto you, as you deny the Truth. Proverbs 1:7; John 8:34-36

You disobey Paul. "11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Instead, you still reckon yourself alive to sin and a sinner, and will not take instruction from Paul or me.

I am not a sinner. Jesus saved me from my sin. The law of the Spirit of Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death. God now calls me a child of God, not a sinner, 1 John 3:1, because Jesus was manifest to take away our sin, and in Him THERE IS NO SIN. Like Jesus, I practice righteousness.

He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. You deny the power of Jesus to completely cleanse you of your sin, to sin no more. 1 John 1:9 happens once when you repent in order to be born again. Being born again is to receive the divine nature that by nature does not sin. There is no need to keep confessing sins you are not committing.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1Jn. 1:9) is only for Christians.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It is actually to become a Christian. It only happens once when you repent in order to be born again. Being born again is to receive the divine nature that by nature does not sin. There is no need to keep confessing sins you are not committing by the power of the Spirit.

Acts 2:38

Ac 8:22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

1 John 1:9 is guaranteed. After that, you can only hope that your willful sin perhaps will be forgiven.

Hebrews 10:26-31

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Romans 3:23, the Greek for "come short" is in the present passive indicative; and this speaks volumes to me; and takes me over the edge to convert me to the idea that even those who are sanctified wholly have sin and are not yet perfected.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a sinner. Jesus saved me from my sin
well you just lied, Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."
so every thing you do is by faiyh right?..... LOL... (smile)

PICJAG.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually to become a Christian. It only happens once when you repent in order to be born again. Being born again is to receive the divine nature that by nature does not sin. There is no need to keep confessing sins you are not committing by the power of the Spirit.

1 John 1:9 is guaranteed. After that, you can only hope that your willful sin perhaps will be forgiven.

Here is how WE KNOW we have a relationship with God. (1Jn 2:3-6)

1Jo 2:3 ¶ And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The above includes (1Jn 1:6-9) (Acts 2:42) (1Cor.15:58)

Ac 2:42 ¶ And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(1Jn) was wrote to Christians.

The word "WE" refers to Christians in (1Jn 1).

Mr C

Jul 9, 2020
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means a lot to me. It is through Acts 22:16 that I have absolute assurance of salvation.

But if you look at Mark 16:16 more carefully, I believe that you will find that a man is not condemned for not being baptized...only for not having faith.

There is absolute assurance for the one who believes and is baptized (Mark 16:16). There is also absolute assurance for the one who believes and calls on the name of the Lord (Romans 10:8-13).

For the one who merely believes, the assurance is not so absolute. They "should not perish"...iffy.

What this says to me, comparing verse 6 to verse 8, is that if we say that we have no sin, we are walking in darkness.

You become more hilarious by the day. I wonder at how you cannot see how prideful some of your statements can be.

We are striving to say what you say, in accordance with 1 Corinthians 1:10...but of course we will also not compromise the truth of 1 John 1:7-9 when that subject comes up concerning your doctrine...so, as much as we might want to agree, ans as much as we might be striving to agree, we find that we must agree instead with holy scripture...and that it is your duty to come over to the knowledge of the truth in this thing so that you come into agreement with us and what the holy scriptures teach; even according to the verse in question (1 Corinthians 1:10).

Did Paul obey the gospel in (Acts 22:16)?

1. Arise
2. Be Baptized (Acts 8:26-40)
3. Wash Away Your Sins
4. Calling on the Lord

When were Paul's sins washed away?

BEFORE or AFTER ----> BAPTISM

Does the bottom part of Mark 16:16 negate the top part of the same verse?

Reactions: 101G

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well you just lied, Romans 14:23 "And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin."
so every thing you do is by faiyh right?..... LOL... (smile)

PICJAG.

I have no doubt. I know I don't break the commandments of the New Covenant, and all my prayers are answered as an assurance. 1 John 3:21-22

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I don't break the commandments of the New Covenant, and all my prayers are answered as an assurance. 1 John 3:21-22
well the commandment is to Love. ..... your God with all your heart, and the second is as the First, love ye one another.

now do you LOVE everyone? ... before you answer that, do you love the DEVIL? ... :rolleyes: be honest.

PICJAG