Grailhunter’s Corner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what separates your carnal interpretations vs those of us who just believe Scripture is inspired by God and that God’s Word is pure.

I cannot help what the scriptures say.....and I cannot help what the Jews, the Christians, and Pagans believed. And it is clear that in that time period people thought the world was flat....and they found no disagreement in the scriptures. Accusing me of being carnal is just you showing your rudeness and ignorance. You want to add that to your list of sins? LOL

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the father was wrong in celebration of the return of his son in Parable of the Prodigal Son and the wisemen were wrong for looking to celebrate the newborn king by giving gifts?
Well, the prodigal son was Jesus' parable, I'm sure He told it just fine. As I remember, I don't recall where I read this, "keeping one's day" was for the person themself to make a celebration of their own day, that is, their birthday. I remember reading it was looked down on in some circles as an excess.

I always celebrate my wife's birthday, which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Much love!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the prodigal son was Jesus' parable, I'm sure He told it just fine. As I remember, I don't recall where I read this, "keeping one's day" was for the person themself to make a celebration of their own day, that is, their birthday. I remember reading it was looked down on in some circles as an excess.

Much love!
Some Christians think Job 1:4 is proof that birthdays are bad because they appeared to celebrate their birthdays and died but there is no direct connection that their deaths were related to their birthdays here.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Read the parable of the prodigal son in Luke 15.
If you read it, the father gave his prodigal son a big festival celebration in the fact that he was once dead and he is now alive again. This is suggestive that it is not wrong to have a celebration for your son.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot help what the scriptures say.....and I cannot help what the Jews, the Christians, and Pagans believed. And it is clear that in that time period people thought the world was flat....and they found no disagreement in the scriptures. Accusing me of being carnal is just you showing your rudeness and ignorance. You want to add that to your list of sins? LOL
1 Thessalonians 2:13
“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

Paul tells the believers at Thessalonica that…

#1. They did not receive the Word of God as the words of men (like you believe), but:

#2. They received the Word of God as it truly is: the word of God.

This means that regardless of whatever the original writers of Scripture thought about the shape of the earth, what they were writing was under the inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16). This means that when we read the Bible, we are reading the very words of God.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 2:13
“For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.”

Paul tells the believers at Thessalonica that…

#1. They did not receive the Word of God as the words of men (like you believe), but:

#2. They received the Word of God as it truly is: the word of God.

This means that regardless of whatever the original writers of Scripture thought about the shape of the earth, what they were writing was under the inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16). This means that when we read the Bible, we are reading the very words of God.

Now this is where the problem lies. God and the scriptures are not the problem. The scriptures were not written to be understood? Or were they understood but kept secret. That can be debated, but what can't be debated is that people in that time period thought the world was flat..... All that can be debate, is whose fault it is that everybody thought the world was flat. No one was noting that the Bible said the world was round.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is where the problem lies. God and the scriptures are not the problem. The scriptures were not written to be understood? Or were they understood but kept secret. That can be debated, but what can't be debated is that people in that time period thought the world was flat..... All that can be debate, is whose fault it is that everybody thought the world was flat. No one was noting that the Bible said the world was round.
I got the impression before you were saying that God’s Word was written by men or it had the errors of their thinking in God’s Word. If that is not what you were saying then praise the Lord. The Bible is the very words of God.

So we should all tremble at His Word.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got the impression before you were saying that God’s Word was written by men or it had the errors of their thinking in God’s Word. If that is not what you were saying then praise the Lord. The Bible is the very words of God.

So we should all tremble at His Word.
It is what it is.....again, read it slowly...there is no debate that people thought the world was flat during that time period. Nor do you have anyone disagreeing and saying that the scriptures said the world was a globe. From that time to Galileo in the 1600's, Christians believed that the scriptures were indicating that the world was flat. That is why the church disagreed with Galileo and said the world was flat. Considering all the scriptures and how they were written you cannot blame anyone for believing the scriptures were describing a flat earth. So do not blame me.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read the scriptures and like I said the Jews, Christians and Pagans believed the earth was flat.
If Christ would have told them the world was round they probably would have thought He was crazy. Just like Galileo.
No one saying the world is flat....but the way the scriptures word it and describe it you cannot blame people for believing it was flat.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what it is.....again, read it slowly...there is no debate that people thought the world was flat during that time period. Nor do you have anyone disagreeing and saying that the scriptures said the world was a globe. From that time to Galileo in the 1600's, Christians believed that the scriptures were indicating that the world was flat. That is why the church disagreed with Galileo and said the world was flat. Considering all the scriptures and how they were written you cannot blame anyone for believing the scriptures were describing a flat earth. So do not blame me.
It is not true that a flat earth viewpoint existed until Galileo. If you believe man made history, Pliny (77AD) states the earth is a sphere.

Most ancient Greeks believed in a spherical earth by around 500 BC.

As for the ancient Hebrews: We do not have an account of all Hebrews living back then and their beliefs about the shape of the Earth. Regardless, even if they did believe the Earth was a flat disc, the fault would not be God and or His Word.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not true that a flat earth viewpoint existed until Galileo. If you believe man made history, Pliny (77AD) states the earth is a sphere.

Sometimes reality is a good thing. And I am sure somebody thought it was square somewhere. I am talking about what 99.99999999% percent of people.

Most ancient Greeks believed in a spherical earth by around 500 BC.

Not most Greeks.

As for the ancient Hebrews: We do not have an account of all Hebrews living back then and their beliefs about the shape of the Earth. Regardless, even if they did believe the Earth was a flat disc, the fault would not be God and or His Word.

I have said this a few times.....I do not think anybody's at fault.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes reality is a good thing. And I am sure somebody thought it was square somewhere. I am talking about what 99.99999999% percent of people.

You don’t have a time machine to really know. What man made history says and what real history actually says are two different things.
Not most Greeks.

I have said this a few times.....I do not think anybody's at fault.
I take man made history with a grain of salt. It could be true, or it could not be true. Everyone has their own agenda even throughout history. The only trustworthy words to believe in are the Holy Bible (i.e. the King James Bible - Cambridge Edition circa 1900). But of course you believe the Bible is mostly trustworthy but not 100% trustworthy. I believe every word of God is pure.

Proverbs 30:5
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Why do I believe this?
It’s a faith thing.
I just read this verse above and believe it.
By doing so… God reveals truth to those who believe.
I say this because by the way you speak, if a person were to join in mid conversation and they were to hear your words, they would think you were a skeptic or unbeliever of the Bible if they did not know your actual belief or they did not read all of what you said.
The problem here is that you are saying it was not the fault of the Israelites to believe in a flat Earth and you suggested the Bible indicated that it was flat (When the word circle in Hebrew can also mean sphere (or ball)). You indirectly implied it was God’s Word that was at fault (Thereby showing God was at fault for them believing that way). At least, that is the impression I got based on your previous words. Now, you seem to be back tracking on that idea.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t have a time machine to really know. What man made history says and what real history actually says are two different things.

I take man made history with a grain of salt. It could be true, or it could not be true. Everyone has their own agenda even throughout history. The only trustworthy words to believe in are the Holy Bible (i.e. the King James Bible - Cambridge Edition circa 1900). But of course you believe the Bible is mostly trustworthy but not 100% trustworthy. I believe every word of God is pure.

Proverbs 30:5
“Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.”

Why do I believe this?
It’s a faith thing.
I just read this verse above and believe it.
By doing so… God reveals truth to those who believe.
I say this because by the way you speak, if a person were to join in mid conversation and they were to hear your words, they would think you were a skeptic or unbeliever of the Bible if they did not know your actual belief or they did not read all of what you said.
The problem here is that you are saying it was not the fault of the Israelites to believe in a flat Earth and you suggested the Bible indicated that it was flat (When the word circle in Hebrew can also mean sphere (or ball)). You indirectly implied it was God’s Word that was at fault (Thereby showing God was at fault for them believing that way). At least, that is the impression I got based on your previous words. Now, you seem to be back tracking on that idea.

Unless you more to say from your fantasy world.....we have covered this topic enough.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you more to say from your fantasy world.....we have covered this topic enough.
I speak in line with the truth of God’s Word because I believe the Bible and I am not seeking to make it say what I want it to say. For you have not accepted the plain reading of various verses so far on various points I brought up (like your non acceptance of the Bible’s teaching on how sex before marriage is a sin). You are simply seeing what you want to see (from a carnal perspective). You are into satisfying also worldly and carnal desires rather than picking up your cross daily. So you are the one who is not believing the truth of His Word, my friend.

Oh, and no. I am not finished with your list yet. I am almost done but it is still going to take time to reply.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the LORD.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I speak in line with the truth of God’s Word because I believe the Bible and I am not seeking to make it say what I want it to say. For you have not accepted the plain reading of various verses so far on various points I brought up (like your non acceptance of the Bible’s teaching on how sex before marriage is a sin). You are simply seeing what you want to see (from a carnal perspective). You are into satisfying also worldly and carnal desires rather than picking up your cross daily. So you are the one who is not believing the truth of His Word, my friend.

Oh, and no. I am not finished with your list yet. I am almost done but it is still going to take time to reply.

Peace and blessings be unto you in the LORD.
Yeshua and the apostles were historical figures so.....so I cannot talk to you about anything historical....no more. Lets keep it in the present. What is going on in your neighborhood today?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
have added to the lists of sins….playing the part of the Jewish leaders of old. The Jewish leaders that were the enemies of Christ. They had no right to play god, they had no right to add to the burden of Christians. Were they doing the work of the Devil to make Christians think that there is no hope? Turn people away of from Salvation. The whole thing smacks of Satan.

How many man-made sins are there? Man-made sins are routinely used to unjustly condemn others. This is a sin in itself, and it can cause great harm to others, to the extent of offending someone and they turn away from Christianity. At which point the condemner is directly responsible for the loss of a soul, and will answer for it! Because they being self-righteous they will not think to ask forgiveness for it…so they will answer to Christ for the loss of a soul.

What are man-made sins?
Actually a survey of the various denominations provides a good list of man-made sins…not that any one denomination believes all of these.
Tobacco use
Sexual desire, married or single
Sexual pleasure
Sex in general
Nudity
Having sex in the nude
Having sex using any other orifice but you know what
Having sex in any position other than the missionary position.
Having sex anyplace other than the bedroom, only at night, door locked, windows locked lights off
Contraception
Divorce
Re-marriage after divorce
not Tithing
Various types of music
Drinking alcoholic beverages
Drinking coffee…tea...anything with caffeine
Eating pork
Eating food that is not Kosher
Eating chocolate, made from the same plant that cocaine is made from
Gambling
Cards and dice and board games
Not going to church regularly
Women speaking in church
Women wearing pants
Women wearing shorts
Women wearing make-up
Women wearing dresses above the knees
Women wearing dress or top that are not tight around the neck. In other words showing cleavage
Women taking shoes off in church
Wearing jewelry
Men with long hair
Women with short hair
Women working outside the home
Female alone in a room with any male not her husband or father
Tattoos
Dancing
Swimming with men and women together
Physical sports such as boxing and football
Physical sports in general baseball, volleyball, croquet, golf
Various holidays and celebrations, Halloween, Easter, Christmas, birthdays etc
Military service
Law enforcement
Self-defense or the defense of others
Karate martial arts
Yoga
Blood transfusions
Various medicines
Various medical procedures
Television show with anything above a G rating
The use of vehicles, trains, or airplanes
The general use of any modern devices electrical
Communication and entertainment devises TV, radio, phones
The Catholic set of man-made laws could add several dozen to this list of which most are a matter of physical and belief control.
The use of any other bible other than the King James Version
Visiting or associating with other denominational churches
not belonging to your denomination

I am sure there are more….
You can do what you want, but I consider the making of these man-made sins near to satanic and thereby reject all of them.
Hi GH,
I was gone a few days and lost all my alerts.
However, you did send me the above list as your answer for my question to you as to what are man-made sins.

I see what you mean and won't go through each one.
I basically agree with you.
I do believe that smoking may be a sin since we're polluting our lungs---
maybe not a sin, but certainly not something we should be doing.

Yes, some stuff on that list is rather silly.

Thanks. I had no idea what you meant.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi GH,
I was gone a few days and lost all my alerts.
However, you did send me the above list as your answer for my question to you as to what are man-made sins.

I see what you mean and won't go through each one.
I basically agree with you.
I do believe that smoking may be a sin since we're polluting our lungs---
maybe not a sin, but certainly not something we should be doing.

Yes, some stuff on that list is rather silly.

Thanks. I had no idea what you meant.
There are silly man-made sins and depending on what country you live in they can be more silly. LOL
I am going to say it is the general rule, because there are exceptions....if it is not clearly stated in the scriptures.....it is not a sin.
It is always best to go back to the actual scriptures in their native language and look at the words. A lot of fingers in the pie over the last 2000 years.

The Bible is not going to show too much concern for your health.....exercising and eating right and such....
The Hebrews had the worse diet ever, big on melted fat gravy....probably what Christ was dipping His bread in.
As far as sin? They did not know about tobacco back then but they did smoke things....but there is no discussion on it.
As far as long life and corrupting the temple thing....Christ said, it is not what you put in your mouth that corrupt you, it is what comes out of your mouth that corrupt you....and he who tries to save his life will lose it.

But there is the other side of the coin.....Preachers think they have to make things a sin to warn people about them....they do not.
A Preacher/Priest is a shepherd of a flock....congregation.....a Christian leader and he or she can address issues with his congregation, without trying to make it a sin. There are things that are dangerous, there are things that are stupid to do.

A funny on this....I am not a preacher, but I am a speaker and sometimes substitute for Sunday school. Had a lady ask me if smoking was a sin? I told her that the word tobacco is not in the scriptures and smoking is not mentioned. So it can not be a biblical sin. But then I asked, is it smart? She shrugged her shoulders. If you are going to do it consider how you are doing it and how often. Is it an addiction? That can be a problem.

And if you do smoke, I recommend a pipe or a cigar or roll your own. Now being a lady she thought that was funny and just for men, so she laughed. And I said, do me a favor and look up what they put in cigarettes.....Technically they have poisons and more nicotine than necessary. If you want to smoke tobacco smoke tobacco. Then I went in to the story that I smoke cigars during deer season at the camp.

Now this is the sort a thing that preacher could talk to their congregations about. Issues like debt, gambling, dating, and human trafficking in their area, stuff like child appropriate shows, and be in touch with curriculum of the schools to know what they are teaching their children. Drugs are becoming legal in different areas and advertisements are targeting young adults. It does not have to be a sin for the preacher to talk to the congregation about it.

And religiously....it is important to know what biblical sins are so you know what to focus on.....not the everything you could possibility do sin list. And if you know, you do not condemn people for fakes sins. Some times condemning the sin not the person, still works out to be condemning and they did not sin, we sinned.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are man-made sins?
Actually a survey of the various denominations provides a good list of man-made sins…not that any one denomination believes all of these.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Self-defense or the defense of others
For a list of bible verses on the New Testament’s teachings on Non-Violence, check out this write up here (that has helped others).

Important Note: Yes, I am aware that Jesus will return with violence (with his saints following Him into battle; But this is in reference to disembodied saints who have already lived out their faith). In fact, the Christian should expect to avenge all disobedience with their LORD when He returns. So Christians are not Pacifists (in the sense that they are against all forms of violence throughout all points in time). For obviously God told the Israelites to attack various nations, as well.
Military service
I think the main issue as to why some Christians think military service would be a sin to them is because it can lead them to disobeying their LORD Jesus Christ in regards to His teaching on non-violence. But we know in the past it was possible for somebody to serve in the military and not act violently.

Desmond Doss was such a person.

(Important Warning: Desmond Doss is SDA (Seventh Day Adventist). I believe the SDA church is unbiblical because they over-emphasize the Sabbath and they believe in the additional false teachings and prophecies of Ellen G. White; So while Desmond Doss upheld the teachings of our LORD on non-violence (and he saved a lot of lives in being a war hero), he was unfortunately a part of a false church. I only mention Desmond Doss because it relates to this topic.

Today, if one is drafted, they can file for being a conscientious objector if they believe wholeheartedly in Non-Violence.

Law enforcement
Again, the issue here would be because of the teachings of our Lord Jesus on non-violence. I don’t know enough about the police department on the issue of non-violence. The internet does not make this information easy to find. So if a police officer changes their beliefs by believing Jesus on the teachings on Non-Violence, how could they still have a job in law enforcement? Could they easily switch to another department that does not require violence? Will it still lead to problems by others? Would it be better if they simply find another job or career? If the police department does require violence or lethal force to be used in all departments, then I would say that a Christian should not serve in law enforcement (because it would be going against the laws of the land and it would be going against what they believe is good and right by our LORD Jesus Christ).

Karate martial arts
Again, the issue here is about whether or not somebody believes in the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ on Non-Violence.
So the issue here is about trust. Do you trust the Lord Jesus to protect you (When there are times in your life that God can and will protect you)?
Do you trust that if you are to be persecuted, or tortured for Christ, will you be able to trust in Christ and His strength rather than your own by fighting back? Martial arts is all about trust in yourself and what you can do over what God can do for you.

But what about Aikido? This is a non-violent form of martial arts.
Well, it would be great except that Aikido means ‘the way to union with the universal force.” This impersonal force is known as “chi.” The goal of Aikido is to control both self and environment. Ironically, this martial art is the most compatible with Christianity in regard to its nonviolent nature, but — on the other hand — it is unalterably steeped in Eastern mysticism (or new age spirituality).

Source used for the paragraph on Aikido:

Should a Christian Practice the Martial Arts? | Christian Research Institute
(Note: While I agree with the paragraph I quoted, this does not mean I agree with everything the author says and believes on every topic involving the Bible).
Seeing you believe in ecumenism, I can understand why you don’t see this as a problem. Your way of spiritually is like a broad wide gate path and not a narrow one that Jesus talked about. Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate (Luke 13:24).

Anyways, yoga is tied to Eastern mysticism (false new age practices).
Any discerning Christian will obviously see this as a major spiritual danger and avoid it at all costs (Seeing they are seeking to follow Jesus and not some new age mumbo jumbo). While there is no problem in stretching alone and can be helpful to the body, this is not the case with Yoga (seeing it is attached to false new age practices and false gods).

Blood transfusions
JW’s (Jehovah’s Witnesses) are notorious in believing this. JW’s are a false cult.
Anyways, I explain their error on refusing blood transfusions in my point #13 in the following thread:

In any event, whether you agree or disagree, may the love of the Lord Jesus Christ shine upon you greatly today.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a list of bible verses on the New Testament’s teachings on Non-Violence, check out this write up here (that has helped others).

Important Note: Yes, I am aware that Jesus will return with violence (with his saints following Him into battle; But this is in reference to disembodied saints who have already lived out their faith). In fact, the Christian should expect to avenge all disobedience with their LORD when He returns. So Christians are not Pacifists (in the sense that they are against all forms of violence throughout all points in time). For obviously God told the Israelites to attack various nations, as well.

I think the main issue as to why some Christians think military service would be a sin to them is because it can lead them to disobeying their LORD Jesus Christ in regards to His teaching on non-violence. But we know in the past it was possible for somebody to serve in the military and not act violently. Here is a film that shows the true story of a man who served in battle but he did not take up a weapon to fight or kill anyone.

(Important Warning: This film does contain brief nudity of a man's backside and excessive scenes of violence involving war - and therefore this film is for mature audiences; Also, this Christian is actually SDA. I believe the SDA church is unbiblical because they emphasize the Sabbath and they believe in the additional false teachings and prophecies of Ellen G. White; So while this film correctly upholds the teachings of our LORD on non-violence, it is also a subtle promotion of the SDA church - which is unbiblical).

Today, if one is drafted, they can file for being a conscientious objector if they believe wholeheartedly in Non-Violence.

Again, the issue here would be because of the teachings of our Lord Jesus on non-violence. I don’t know enough about the police department on the issue of non-violence. The internet does not make this information easy to find. So if a police officer changes their beliefs by believing Jesus on the teachings on Non-Violence, how could they still have a job in law enforcement? Could they easily switch to another department that does not require violence? Will it still lead to problems by others? Would it be better if they simply find another job or career? If the police department does require violence or lethal force to be used in all departments, then I would say that a Christian should not serve in law enforcement (because it would be going against the laws of the land and it would be going against what they believe is good and right by our LORD Jesus Christ).

Again, the issue here is about whether or not somebody believes in the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ on Non-Violence.
So the issue here is about trust. Do you trust the Lord Jesus to protect you (When there are times in your life that God can and will protect you)?
Do you trust that if you are to be persecuted, or tortured for Christ, will you be able to trust in Christ and His strength rather than your own by fighting back? Martial arts is all about trust in yourself and what you can do over what God can do for you.

But what about Aikido? This is a non-violent form of martial arts.
Well, it would be great except that Aikido means ‘the way to union with the universal force.” This impersonal force is known as “chi.” The goal of Aikido is to control both self and environment. Ironically, this martial art is the most compatible with Christianity in regard to its nonviolent nature, but — on the other hand — it is unalterably steeped in Eastern mysticism (or new age spirituality).

Source used for the paragraph on Aikido:

Should a Christian Practice the Martial Arts? | Christian Research Institute
(Note: While I agree with the paragraph I quoted, this does not mean I agree with everything the author says and believes on every topic involving the Bible).

Seeing you believe in ecumenism, I can understand why you don’t see this as a problem. Your way of spiritually is like a broad wide gate path and not a narrow one that Jesus talked about. Jesus said strive to enter the straight gate (Luke 13:24).

Anyways, yoga is tied to Eastern mysticism (false new age practices).
Any discerning Christian will obviously see this as a major spiritual danger and avoid it at all costs (Seeing they are seeking to follow Jesus and not some new age mumbo jumbo). While there is no problem in stretching alone and can be helpful to the body, this is not the case with Yoga (seeing it is attached to false new age practices and false gods).

JW’s (Jehovah’s Witnesses) are notorious in believing this. JW’s are a false cult.
Anyways, I explain their error on refusing blood transfusions in my point #13 in the following thread:

In any event, whether you agree or disagree, may the love of the Lord Jesus Christ shine upon you greatly today.
How is the weather where you are at....today?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are man-made sins?

Various medicines
Marijuana is a huge problem (that has been legalized in certain states involving medicine and this is wrong).

Check out this article here on why marijuana is a sin:

Various medical procedures
Even you believe that the medical procedure of abortion is wrong.
There are other procedures that people do to their bodies to be something they are not, as well (Which the Bible condemns), too.

Television show with anything above a G rating
Even G rated movies have bad and disturbing things in them. Just Google it.
The point here is that if a movie is not Christian, what business does a Christian have in watching it?
Can you honestly watch a movie these days without sins being pushed upon you in some way?
Remember, garbage in and garbage out. You reap what you sow.

A Christians should do all things to the glory of God.
There is no glorying God when you watch a sinful or worldly movie.

The use of vehicles, trains, or airplanes
The general use of any modern devices electrical
Communication and entertainment devises TV, radio, phones
Certain Amish believers hold to this view.
But do we really need to be concerned with the Amish influencing others to believe this way?
I don't see too many people today wanting to be Amish.

While technology is not a sin, certain technologies and inventions like the internet accessible by a device make it easier for a person to sin (For example: Social media, porn, gaming, greed (materialism), etcetera). So while it may not be a sin to have technology, there certainly is something to admire the Amish for in that their children are less likely to fall prey to such dangers that our kids face today with having the internet. Granted, a person can use self control. Many people can live functional lives outside of the internet. But look around you today. Many are addicted to the internet. Most people today have their heads down in their phones on a bus, or while they wait in line, etcetera. Do we take time to live life more instead of always being plugged in? I believe this is something many of us in this day and age need to work on (Including myself). What about real physical skill we could be doing vs. time spent on the super information highway? May the Lord Jesus give us the strength to be better for our Lord and to answer that higher calling by His power and timing.

The Catholic set of man-made laws could add several dozen to this list of which most are a matter of physical and belief control.
The Catholic church is clearly an unbiblical organization. They do many things not found in the Bible like praying to dead people (i.e. the saints), and uplifting Mary to be like some kind of co-redeemer when the Bible does not say that. They kiss and bow down to statues when that is idolatry in the Bible. There are of course many other greatly disturbing things in the Catholic church that makes it obvious that they add to God's word on an extreme level. Yes, there are sins that the Catholic church invented. But if a person is changed spiritually by God and His Word alone, they will see that the Catholic church is false. Most discerning Christians who are truly born again will be able to easily recognize that the Catholic church is making up a lot (including various sins).

The use of any other bible other than the King James Version
I don't see too many KJB Onlyists believing this way.
So again, we run into whether or not they are influencing any people to be a concern here.
While the KJB is my final Word of authority, I am not against a believer using another translation.
But a Christian should have a baseline text that they cannot alter or change.
Most Christians today do not believe in any perfect inerrant Word of God and therefore they have no real authority.

Visiting or associating with other denominational churches
Yes, ecumenism is condemned by the Bible.

Check out this article here:

not belonging to your denomination
Not everyone can be correct or right with God. Just read Revelation. Even a good majority of the churches mentioned in Revelation did not have their hearts right with God.

In any event, I hope that what I said here will help somebody (By God's grace).

May the Lord Jesus bless you and your family (even if we disagree).