Greetings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bishop

Feb 13, 2015
Hello brothers and sisters and seekers in Christ.

In case anyone is curious about the name chosen, it's factual. I am a Bishop at The Way Church at Work. (not to be confused with the 1970's "Way International"). The name of the church has dual meaning. First, we believe that we are called to be doers of the Word and not merely hearers. To that end we are an very active church, putting our faith to work in a world trying so hard to silence the church.

Second, our primary site is in a factory, we are literally at work though we also have many house churches of which I am directly involved with just a few.

Some might ask: Why a factory? Our reasoning is simple. First, Christ often worked in the market places which is where people did business. Second, more people go to work than to church so its a good way to get them to show up. I am half joking on this point but its true none the less.

Last, as part of the church as a whole, we found that while the church has much to say about how people should work, the church leadership isn't there to serve and stand side by side and experience what today's workforce has to deal with. For obvious reasons the church at the factory is a closed church limited to those that work there.

Anyways, i look forward to interacting with as many of you as i can.

In Christ,

Bishop

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CyB, Bishop. I am glad to hear your approach to ministry. I too look forward to interacting with you on the boards! Welcome and God Bless!!

BA

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the community! That's a very interesting concept and it would be interesting to learn more. I do agree that we have an underdeveloped theology of work. Somewhere along the way, the Protestant theology of work became secularized.

Hope to enjoy your contributions on the boards here!

Bishop

Feb 13, 2015
Thank you for the welcome. Anyone that has questions feel free to message me and as I am able I will be happy to respond if I have knowledge on the subject. If I don't I will tell you and seek an answer from my peers.