Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot believe unless the church proposes a doctrine for you’re belief
Matt 28:19

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe the gentile congregation are grafted-in branches of the house of Israel. I believe that at some time in the future God will re-unite the two houses as per Ezekiel 37:15-23. I believe what Yahweh tells me.

Reactions: Rita and Ancient

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reading into that verse things that are not there? What saith it?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" Matt 28:19

How are any able to teach?

Who is it then that draws any man to our Lord?

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." John 6:44-45

And the teacher, the one that teaches is here:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26

@theefaith Have you also then been sent to teach my friend as you are led ant taught by the Holy Ghost in you?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the gentile congregation are grafted-in branches of the house of Israel. I believe that at some time in the future God will re-unite the two houses as per Ezekiel 37:15-23. I believe what Yahweh tells me.

there are no Jews and no gentiles

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in ChristJesus.

One church Matt 16:18 and Jn 10:16

Romans 12:5
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

the church is eternal and Christian

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediatorbetween God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you reading into that verse things that are not there? What saith it?

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" Matt 28:19

How are any able to teach?

Who is it then that draws any man to our Lord?

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." John 6:44-45

And the teacher, the one that teaches is here:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26

@theefaith Have you also then been sent to teach my friend as you are led ant taught by the Holy Ghost in you?

I was referring to Christians
Yes the Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth then they teach us

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
there are no Jews and no gentiles

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in ChristJesus.

One church Matt 16:18 and Jn 10:16

Romans 12:5
So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

the church is eternal and Christian

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediatorbetween God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
It all depends on how you read the whole book. For instance, you may believe that the foundation of the "church" is Peter. Whereas I believe that the foundation of the "congregation" that is in Yeshua is the revelation that He is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.
You believe that Mary is the mother of God. The queen of heaven.
I call this idolatry.
We are called to live in peace, to bear with one another. I don't go around telling off Catholics. Check my posts, you'll see times where I've defended them. I will also defend Protestants. Faith in Yeshua unites us. I try to be fair.
I'm learning about the feasts of Yahweh. I now believe Sukkot is when Messiah was born. Though I don't need to coerce others into
believing what I believe, and being where I'm at. I try to stand back and ask, "What would Jesus do?" How 'bout you?

Reactions: Ancient

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It all depends on how you read the whole book. For instance, you may believe that the foundation of the "church" is Peter. Whereas I believe that the foundation of the "congregation" that is in Yeshua is the revelation that He is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.

-

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

-
You believe that Mary is the mother of God. The queen of heaven.
I call this idolatry.
-
Scripture mother of God Lk 1:43
Queen of heaven of which Esther is a type rev 12:1

why is a doctrine of Mary automatically converted into idolatry???
-
We are called to live in peace, to bear with one another. I don't go around telling off Catholics. Check my posts, you'll see times where I've defended them. I will also defend Protestants. Faith in Yeshua unites us. I try to be fair.
I'm learning about the feasts of Yahweh. I now believe Sukkot is when Messiah was born. Though I don't need to coerce others into
believing what I believe, and being where I'm at. I try to stand back and ask, "What would Jesus do?" How 'bout you?

Now the church is Christian Christ is the only mediator so Christians jettison all former Jewish practices Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now the church is Christian Christ is the only mediator so Christians jettison all former Jewish practices Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
I do not know the religious traditions nor do I desire to. There are over 40,000 denominations???
Over the past 25 years, Yahweh has led me from seeing myself as an English/Canadian Christian to understanding that I have an ancestor named, "Levi." It's a lot to adjust to, more that I would've thought. I'm taking a fresh look at whatever I am led to.

I am what I am, a child of the great, "I am."
By the blood of the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain.
I'm precious in His sight, the apple of His eye.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. - tc

I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me.
I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died.
He was with me in the dark...right by my side. Faithful is His name! Hallelujah! - tc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was referring to Christians
Yes the Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth then they teach us
Yes, but not only apostles!

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Eph 4:11-16

Reactions: TLHKAJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know the religious traditions nor do I desire to. There are over 40,000 denominations???
all man made too!
The scripture only has the one true new covenant church jn 10:16 matt 16:18

Over the past 25 years, Yahweh has led me from seeing myself as an English/Canadian Christian to understanding that I have an ancestor named, "Levi." It's a lot to adjust to, more that I would've thought. I'm taking a fresh look at whatever I am led to.

I am what I am, a child of the great, "I am."
By the blood of the Lamb, the Lamb who was slain.
I'm precious in His sight, the apple of His eye.
I am fearfully and wonderfully made. - tc

I died, He lives, and dwells inside of me.
I am finally assured of eternity.
He never left my side, not even when I died.
He was with me in the dark...right by my side. Faithful is His name! Hallelujah! - tc

only in the Christian sacrament of baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but not only apostles!

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Eph 4:11-16

Yes there is a hierarchy God, Jesus, peter, the apostles etc.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
only in the Christian sacrament of baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)
I was baptized in water, and I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and with fire. In my understanding, He purified my soul through a 20-year process of walking out Luke 9:23. He purified this Levite. He circumcised my heart.
My ancestor, perhaps of the southern kingdom, was taken by the Assyrian army. Yahweh allowed this exile for King Jeroboam's decision to replace the worship of Himself with the worship of idols and demons.
I hate idols and demons, as He hates them.
My Catholic daughter-in-law just showed me my granddaughter's Halloween costume.
I guess I'm in the world, but not of it. Shalom Aleichem! :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized in water, and I was baptized with the Holy Spirit and with fire. In my understanding, He purified my soul through a 20-year process of walking out Luke 9:23. He purified this Levite. He circumcised my heart.
My ancestor, perhaps of the southern kingdom, was taken by the Assyrian army. Yahweh allowed this exile for King Jeroboam's decision to replace the worship of Himself with the worship of idols and demons.
I hate idols and demons, as He hates them.
My Catholic daughter-in-law just showed me my granddaughter's Halloween costume.
I guess I'm in the world, but not of it. Shalom Aleichem! :)

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there is a hierarchy God, Jesus, peter, the apostles etc.
I believe that God has order which includes a hierarchy but I cannot insert Peter or even the apostles into it. Paul describes it here:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." I Cor 11:3

But then who is the woman and who is the man and who is Christ?

The ministers as the verses I quoted above in Ephesians 4 show are gifts given by God to help people become perfected parts of the Body of Christ. When a person can, he stands alone filling his part and performing his function subject only to the Head, which Jesus. The function of the five ministers listed is Not to Lord it over the people even though many try to misuse it in such a way among Protestants as well as Catholics.

There is to be one Body with One Head... not a bunch of intervening little heads. The only one intervening in that way would be Jesus the one and only Mediator between God and men:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I Tim 2:5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that God has order which includes a hierarchy but I cannot insert Peter or even the apostles into it. Paul describes it here:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." I Cor 11:3

But then who is the woman and who is the man and who is Christ?

The ministers as the verses I quoted above in Ephesians 4 show are gifts given by God to help people become perfected parts of the Body of Christ. When a person can, he stands alone filling his part and performing his function subject only to the Head, which Jesus. The function of the five ministers listed is Not to Lord it over the people even though many try to misuse it in such a way among Protestants as well as Catholics.

There is to be one Body with One Head... not a bunch of intervening little heads. The only one intervening in that way would be Jesus the one and only Mediator between God and men:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" I Tim 2:5

Christ and his apostles the church are one acts 9:4

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom?

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns
Matt 28:19-20

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith
Your whole thread was too long to detail answers to it all when you have already effectively your own interpretation sas per, I suppose, your Church, so I have answered only in part and that for the benefit of any others reading here.

Christ and his apostles the church are one acts 9:4
Jesus, the Messiah or Christ, is the Head. The Church is all of the people who form the Body of Christ on which the Head is to rest.

Apostles, like prophets, evangelists, teachers and pastors are simply some of the Body of Christ parts with specified functions to perform. They are no one's bosses. They are ministers, which again means servants!

When a physical person stubs his toe, his head [brain] perceives the pain. At the signal of the brain all of the body parts participate as they are able to relieve the pain of the injured toe.

Peter is already administering the kingdom

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as mediator[/quote]
No other administrator required or needed when the Head of the Body is Christ Jesus our Lord!

Communication and connection between the Head [Jesus or the Christ] and each of the parts of the Body of Christ is via the Holy Spirit even as our circulatory and nervous systems connect all of the parts of our physical bodies. There is only one Head and only one is needed.

You may believe a Prime Minister is needed, but unlike the government systems of men, the Head of the Church is intended to be in constant perfect communication with all the Body parts.

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

What "strangers" are in the Body of Christ? No not even one!
Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

The apostles including Peter have work to do, but they are ministers, not administrators. A minister is a servant! Once the ones ministered to are able to... they are tp perform their assigned functions alone receiving direction only from Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?
I don't! Jesus as the Head does that when and if every member of the Body of Christ is connected to Him by the Holy Spirit and subjected to Him as the Head of the Body.
2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)
I don't! What are the keys? Perhaps what Peter himself wrote here as being given to us? Who is included in that us? Have I highlighted the keys in red?

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity." II Peter 1:4-7

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?
What is the power of the Holy Ghost in us?

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?
Your Isaiah reference, I believe, speaks of Jesus.

The keys Peter he listed in the book of with name are for all of us who are called by God! That Peter may have been offered such things before us does not exclude us.

"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:39

Reactions: Ancient and TLHKAJ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1
One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brothers obeyed and submitted to him.

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not Satanic, since early non-Christians didn't recognize a Satan , that is an exclusive creation in the Judro-Christisn practice.
While there was and is the celebration of the autumn, fall, equinox.

For me too it is the fun in watching precious little children full of happiness going door to door, playing dress up and excited for the fun in playing in what is like the candy version of Christmas.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 5:6-8
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

this is Christian feast
Jn 1:29
The holy sacrifice of the mass of Jesus christ

No this is not a Christian feast this is Yahweh's feast "The Passover" remembering the Exodus and that wonderful night when Yahweh passed over the Hebrews who had the blood on their doorpost. Paul is referring to the same feast in Lev 23 THE PASSOVER as with that meal they ate unleavened bread which is also in sync with the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Sadly at this time I have had to put you on ignore so I won't see anymore of your post, as your religious rhetoric is lies and blasphemy. We are to call no one father! None of the popes have any Biblical authority and are not Yahweh's representatives on earth. They like the rest of us are only mere men. Only one, Yahweh the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Israel, should be lifted up and glorified and He does not share His glory with no man. The Catholic religion of man is exactly that a religious institution of man. Its doctrines are man made and pretty much go against everything the Bible teaches from the beginning.

They even testify in their own charter that Saturday is the Biblical Sabbath and even mock those who think that Sunday is the Biblical Sabbath. Meaning they were having a go at protestants thinking that they were keeping the Sabbath on a Sunday. Quite an irony isn't it. The amazing thing also is that the 1st Protestants were still catholics as they were "protesting catholics" hence were we get the English word to protest, this is the etymology. They were from the same church. If only more people would understand the history and roots of their church denominations they may start thinking twice about what they are doing.

As for me and my house we will serve Yahweh from what the scriptures say. As they did in the days of our Messiah Yeshua, there was no catholic, no pope. Not from any man made religious system. There were only man and women filled with and led by the Holy Spirit preaching the scriptures only. They were not under any denominational banner. They were the Called out ones. They were known as being "Of the Way" which in its setting at the time was thought of as an arm of Judaism, but without all of the Jewish man made traditions. That doesn't mean abolishing law. That means not doing the traditions of the elders their man made laws like washing hands in a certain way etc. Which the law does not teach to do!!! Most people in my experience do not even know or understand what the laws are.

Shalom