Hard Truth For Non Tongue Speakers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW<WOW Again WOW! I have a hard time reading anything at length, my eyesight! so most of the time I pass over long responses, maybe scroll through, and read bits and pieces, to try to get a simple understanding of a post!!!!!
But I am here to tell you I have never,never,never, had someone express the working of the Spirit, within the Body, as per individual pieces as this Post, That was Wonderful, Great representation, and it flowed like smooth Butter! It also was not only Edifying, but also, simply put a true Teaching that even I could Understand!
THANK YOU, Amadeus!!!!! I also printed it out, to me it is that good. Bless You!
Give God the glory my friend! I only wish everyone could or would understand what God wants to say to everyone. But unfortunately sometimes people are more interested in winning a debate than in understanding God. Recall what the apostle Paul wrote:

"For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:4-7

Reactions: Truth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JesusIsFaithful
Sorry you went to all the trouble of answering me without understanding what I wrote. You have missed the point and did exactly what I asked you not to do.

I pray that God may open your heart to hear and to see the truth no matter what it is. I also pray that both of us move always according to His will and grow closer to Him in all things.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the readers;

You do not need to pray in tongues for the Holy Spirit to make intercessions for you because His intercessions are silent. He makes silent intercessions for every believer He indwells. That is a promise for every one.

What is going on with modern tongues today is the fulfillment of the prophesy of these latter days in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 because that tongue with no interpretation is identified as a sign or proof of receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation when it was not. 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 & 2 Corinthians 13:5

We all had received the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15

You can continue to rest in Him that you are saved, hence born again of the Spirit, & thus had received the promise of the forever indwelling Holy Ghost at the calling of the gospel as He will make silent intercessions for you while the Son knows the mind of the Spirit to give His unspoken intercessions to the Father. You are complete in Christ when you were saved. There is no other drink of the One Spirit; 1 Corinthians 12:13 & Ephesians 4:4-6

Reactions: Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give God the glory my friend! I only wish everyone could or would understand what God wants to say to everyone. But unfortunately sometimes people are more interested in winning a debate than in understanding God. Recall what the apostle Paul wrote:

"For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:4-7

I must Say that what you have written in this Matter was and is Beautiful! I have been with our Savior trying to walk in His words, and today I came to an understanding through your application of His word in the simplistic way. I have always known that the word was not a secret, with hidden meanings, it just has to be presented to the common people, in the simplest way, for it is to be simple. as you wrote! to many folks try to be eloquent, and put forth their understanding in way that lesser educated people like myself can understand.
This and your last response have been a Blessing to me, no harm to Thank You, But it is God that has allowed you to express Truth, So Thank You, AND ALL GLORY TO GOD AND SAVIOR, that leads you!
TRUTH

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a question for you to answer to the readers, brother Truth.

You had thought you were "inferior" for moaning and groaning supernaturally as supposedly manifested by the Holy Spirit. At that time, what did you think of those that never had prayed in tongues or moaned and groaned supernaturally?

If you can't see why God would never work that way in dividing the body of believers, may I suggest you pray normally at that throne of grace to ask Jesus Christ for help to see if there is something evil that you are unaware of. It couldn't hurt. Please ask Him right away in normal prayer.

Brother I have a better understanding today, about my role in the body than ever before, between you and another brother's explanation's I feel like I am still a part of the Body, with maybe a calling to do what I will be needed to do as part of the Symphony of Gods Plan.
As I will continue to Pray as always, maybe with a stronger and deeper intent!
Thank You for Your Understanding in the Faith!
Truth

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother I have a better understanding today, about my role in the body than ever before, between you and another brother's explanation's I feel like I am still a part of the Body, with maybe a calling to do what I will be needed to do as part of the Symphony of Gods Plan.

Your other brother is still a part of the body, but he is not abiding in Him. I believe God's warning to the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelation 2:18-29 applies to him for the necessity to repent by shunning vain & profane babbling 2 Timothy 2:16 ( "known the depths of Satan as they speak" Revelation 2:24 & Isaiah 8:19 ) as that is the snare of the devil spoken of in 2 Timothy 2:24-26 and pray normally since God is asking us to pray.

The falling away from the faith in the latter days as prophesied in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 was already at work in Paul's days in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 as he remind believers to hold fast the traditions taught of us in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 in heeding the warning of 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 to avoid the call to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation to get that "sign" of tongues which never comes with interpretation but some do fake it or assume it.

Do click on scripture references in the post if you need to read the scripture.

As I will continue to Pray as always, maybe with a stronger and deeper intent!
Thank You for Your Understanding in the Faith!
Truth

I can only hope you meant praying normally and not looking for a manifestation to pray in supernatural moaning and groaning again, brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must Say that what you have written in this Matter was and is Beautiful! I have been with our Savior trying to walk in His words, and today I came to an understanding through your application of His word in the simplistic way. I have always known that the word was not a secret, with hidden meanings, it just has to be presented to the common people, in the simplest way, for it is to be simple. as you wrote! to many folks try to be eloquent, and put forth their understanding in way that lesser educated people like myself can understand.
This and your last response have been a Blessing to me, no harm to Thank You, But it is God that has allowed you to express Truth, So Thank You, AND ALL GLORY TO GOD AND SAVIOR, that leads you!
TRUTH
No, God has no secrets with regard to what we need. This is why we have the written scriptures and the Holy Spirit. Either one alone is insufficient, but together in proper balance all things indeed are possible along His highway of holiness.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has been known to speak directly to His prophets. God has not changed.

He is not using tongues without interpretation to speak to believers for that would give Him the appearance of evil as if keeping secrets from the tongue speaker which is why His gift of tongues will come with interpretation from another so that the tongue will be understood and fruitful to the tongue speaker. The Holy Spirit can only relay Words from Another. The Holy Spirit has no words of His own to say to us, being the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of the Father when Christ was on earth.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Again, the Holy Spirit in each believer makes silent intercessions for that believer since the Holy Spirit cannot even utter His groanings.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. KJV

By Jesus Who searches our hearts, He also knows the mind of the Spirit as it is the will of God for the Son to give our intercessions, the Spirit's silent intercessions, and the Son's own intercessions to the Father so that whenever the Father say yes to any of those intercessions, the Son answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answers to prayers; & that is the will of God.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

So pray normally and don't worry if you do not know what to pray for.

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

That is why praying in tongues is not of Him when it is obvious there is no need for the Holy Spirit to be praying in tongues.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem is you will not see how you grieve non tongue speaking believers as if they had not the baptism of the Holy Spirit and thus not saved.

You are a outright liar because I never said such a thing.
False accusations you are posting.

But I'm finished here because it's all the same stuff over and over.

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your other brother is still a part of the body, but he is not abiding in Him. I believe God's warning to the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelations 2:18-29 applies to him for the necessity to repent by shunning vain & profane babbling 2 Timothy 2:16 ( "known the depths of Satan as they speak" Revelations 2:24 & Isaiah 8:19 ) as that is the snare of the devil spoken of in 2 Timothy 2:24-26 and pray normally since God is asking us to pray.

The falling away from the faith in the latter days as prophesied in 1 Timothy 4:1-2 was already at work in Paul's days in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 as he remind believers to hold fast the traditions taught of us in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 in heeding the warning of 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 to avoid the call to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation to get that "sign" of tongues which never comes with interpretation but some do fake it or assume it.

Do click on scripture references in the post if you need to read the scripture.

I can only hope you meant praying normally and not looking for a manifestation to pray in supernatural moaning and groaning again, brother.

Good post!
"God's warning to the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelations 2:18-29 applies to him for the necessity to repent by shunning vain & profane babbling 2 Timothy 2:16 ( "known the depths of Satan as they speak" Revelations 2:24 & Isaiah 8:19 ) as that is the snare of the devil spoken of in 2 Timothy 2:24-26 and pray normally since God is asking us to pray."

Although I personally am not a "tongue" proponent...unless used as a human language to spread the Gospel to those who could only ever understand it in their own human language...I know many Spirit filled Christians who do practice...even within my own family. I pray for protection for them and that the Lord may still bless them as they are sincere and believe what they are doing. God looks to the heart.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your other brother is still a part of the body, but he is not abiding in Him. I believe God's warning to the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelations 2:18-29 applies to him for the necessity to repent by shunning vain & profane babbling

You had better take care.

This that you have said against @amadeus is ungodly and evil.
Who died and made you the last word on spiritual gifts.
You don't even know what you are talking about!
Just stop your mouth or God may stop it for you.
You have a REAL problem and you are fighting AGAINST God's Holy Spirit.
You stand on dangerous ground.

You are standing where Jesus said to the Pharisees.
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you don't let others enter either."

Just because you have some demonic phobia...about speaking in tongues , and yes, your phobia is from the Devil ....you choose the throw it back at God , fine...but leave others alone. God wants them to have all that He has for them.
You don't want it your self and are running scared, and you are determined to stop others by scaring them into the same phobia that you have.

Shame on you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Triumph1300

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He is not only a liar but an ungodly fear-monger.
Spreading lies about the Holy Spirit.

As you mentioned. He said his say and expressed all his fear...but he is totally obsessed and can't stop himself.

As for his QUOTE of< "The problem is you will not see how you grieve non tongue speaking believers as if they had not the baptism of the Holy Spirit and thus not saved. You may not sat that as direct as that, but that is the inevitable conclusion for believers that do not speak in tongues to draw from. >

That said in his post to you...WOW!!
YOU would not even have mentioned tongues unless he has started this stupid thread!! Neither would I.

HE is the one who started posting on speaking in tongues...then he has the gall to say the WE bring it up and make other Christians feel inferior!!

Hardly anyone on this Site ever mentions speaking in tongues...least of ALL the ones who DO speak in tongues!!!

Nothing but a phobia...Pathetic to say the least. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you don't let others enter either."

Just because you have some demonic phobia...about speaking in tongues , and yes, it is from the Devil ....you choose the throw it back at God , fine...but leave others alone. God wants them to have all that He has for them.
You don't want it your self and are running scaed, and you are determined to stop others by scaring them into the same phobia that you have.

Shame on you!!
Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here it is again below.

If anything I wished you also would receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

So what do you mean by that when you are addressing me as a fellow believer in Jesus Christ? How can you wish me that as if I had not received Him as promised at my salvation as a fellow believer in Jesus Christ?

That's fine, because over and over again, you guys do not see how you attack other believers by your testimony indirectly or even directly.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Warning:

Once a liar, always a liar, the old saying goes.

Turns out there’s some scientific truth to that: researchers have tracked down how the brain makes lying easier as the untruths build up, providing some biological evidence for why small lies often balloon into ever larger ones.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

As you mentioned. He said his say and expressed all his fear...but he is totally obsessed and can't stop himself.

As for his QUOTE of< "The problem is you will not see how you grieve non tongue speaking believers as if they had not the baptism of the Holy Spirit and thus not saved. You may not sat that as direct as that, but that is the inevitable conclusion for believers that do not speak in tongues to draw from. >

YOU would not even have mentioned tongues unless he has started this stupid thread!! Neither would I.

HE is the one who started posting on speaking in tongues...then he has the gall to say the WE bring it up and make other Christians feel inferior!!

Hardly anyone on this Site ever mentions speaking in tongues...least of ALL the ones who DO speak in tongues!!!

When he's finished here he'll move to another forum.
All about the same subject.
I have been a Christian since 1980, I have seen them come and go during those 38 years.

Reactions: Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post!
"God's warning to the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelations 2:18-29 applies to him for the necessity to repent by shunning vain & profane babbling 2 Timothy 2:16 ( "known the depths of Satan as they speak" Revelations 2:24 & Isaiah 8:19 ) as that is the snare of the devil spoken of in 2 Timothy 2:24-26 and pray normally since God is asking us to pray."

Although I personally am not a "tongue" proponent...unless used as a human language to spread the Gospel to those who could only ever understand it in their own human language...I know many Spirit filled Christians who do practice...even within my own family. I pray for protection for them and that the Lord may still bless them as they are sincere and believe what they are doing. God looks to the heart.

I know fellow believers who also err about tongues without interpretation for private use as well as not discerning the "holy laughter" movement as not of Him.

I also know fellow believers who see nothing wrong about making a commitment to follow Christ for the assurance of salvation just as they see nothing wrong with the Promise Keepers' program. The problem with those fellow believers is that they excuse themselves by saying God looks at the heart, and so they never repent.

Just as tongue speakers and supernatural thrill seekers believe that their zeal and love for the Lord is what counts regardless of being in iniquity.

Both kinds of believers will be sorry to find out that they are wrong when coming face to face with the Bridegroom.

Just as those who have a zeal of God but try to obtain the righteousness of God by the deeds of the law; as some will refer to keeping the ten commandments ( even though they are not keeping the sabbath ) and others refer to keeping the sabbath as if that commandment is necessary for salvation.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man........18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man:

I get evil thoughts all the time for which I rely on Jesus to help me be aware of them to cast them down, but when believers rely on God knowing their hearts to keep on doing iniquity, they are in trouble.

So while they are still saved, it is never good when they are defiling themselves unless they turn to Him for help to depart from iniquity, because many just don't see the evil that they do as their conscience is seared as if with a hot iron.

So yes, do pray for them and for me as well for yourself. Thanks for reminding me to continue to pray for them and you as well as myself as the day approach when the Bridegroom shall come.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You do know my take on the issue of tongues Helen...my problem with folks like JIF is, they spread their lies about tongue speakers making people believe they are not saved unless they speak in tongues...that was the belief in my first Protestant Church...I did feel unsaved. BUT-that is NOT the norm, not all, and very few (IMO) Churches who practice this say you MUST speak in tongues or you are not really saved.
So, let God see your heart, tongue or not...you are a true and sweet child of God Almighty!!!
Much love in our Lord
-nancy

Reactions: Triumph1300

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just because you have some demonic phobia...about speaking in tongues , and yes, your phobia is from the Devil ....you choose the throw it back at God , fine...but leave others alone. God wants them to have all that He has for them.
You don't want it your self and are running scared, and you are determined to stop others by scaring them into the same phobia that you have.

Shame on you!!

Did you not judge those involved in the "holy laughter" movement? So how could you do that? If at all, because what is one act of confusion of uncontrollable laughter to tongues without interpretation when they are the same? You may find yourself taken in by the holy laughter movement.

I can't stop any one, but His warnings and judgments has already been given by the scripture provided as His words can be used as meat to discern good and evil by in reproving the works of darkness. If God is peradventuring to recover some from the snare of the devil as well as edify babes in Christ not to be moved away from the hope of the gospel and their resting place in Jesus Christ to go chasing after the "Holy Spirit" in hypocrisy when He is already in them as promised for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ just to pray in tongues without interpretation, then PTL.

The real problem is you can't discern from the real indwelling Holy Spirit from the spirit of the antichrist that is in the world that visits with signs for why believers are warned NOT to believe every spirit but test them 1 John 4:1 to avoid speaking as the world speaks in supernatural tongues as vain and profane babbling 1 John 4:5-6. Only the Lord can open your eyes to what is not of Him to help you depart from those spirits & the signs they bring.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know fellow believers who also err about tongues without interpretation for private use as well as not discerning the "holy laughter" movement as not of Him.

I also know fellow believers who see nothing wrong about making a commitment to follow Christ for the assurance of salvation just as they see nothing wrong with the Promise Keepers' program. The problem with those fellow believers is that they excuse themselves by saying God looks at the heart, and so they never repent.

Just as tongue speakers and supernatural thrill seekers believe that their zeal and love for the Lord is what counts regardless of being in iniquity.

Both kinds of believers will be sorry to find out that they are wrong when coming face to face with the Bridegroom.

Just as those who have a zeal of God but try to obtain the righteousness of God by the deeds of the law; as some will refer to keeping the ten commandments ( even though they are not keeping the sabbath ) and others refer to keeping the sabbath as if that commandment is necessary for salvation.

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man........18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:20 These are the things which defile a man:

I get evil thoughts all the time for which I rely on Jesus to help me be aware of them to cast them down, but when believers rely on God knowing their hearts to keep on doing iniquity, they are in trouble.

So while they are still saved, it is never good when they are defiling themselves unless they turn to Him for help to depart from iniquity, because many just don't see the evil that they do as their conscience is seared as if with a hot iron.

So yes, do pray for them and for me as well for yourself. Thanks for reminding me to continue to pray for them and you as well as myself as the day approach when the Bridegroom shall come.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

"The problem with those fellow believers is that they excuse themselves by saying God looks at the heart, and so they never repent." <---how do you know they do not repent?? Maybe some do not, but then you have a slew of non-tonguers who do not repent and continue in sin like they have a license to do so because they think they are saved. We need not criticize those who do this, as I believe it is a matter between them and God alone.
I see no problem putting your view out there but, once you do...leave it to God to convict or not...this is just IMO, I hate divisions in the Church, anywhere really. And, no...I do not speak in tongues :)

Be blessed!
-nancy

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning:

Once a liar, always a liar, the old saying goes.

Turns out there’s some scientific truth to that: researchers have tracked down how the brain makes lying easier as the untruths build up, providing some biological evidence for why small lies often balloon into ever larger ones.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.....26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Who went out from us by claiming receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit apart from salvation by a sign of tongues, thus having another drink?

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Who by that sign of tongues separate themselves from the body of Christ because that tongue is for private use?

1 Corinthians 12:9 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So this is what Peter was talking about how tongue speakers are using 1 Corinthians 14th chapter as if Paul is vouching for tongues for private use.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

So if believers wish to be delivered from the fire that is coming on this earth, they need to hold fast the traditions taught us for when we had received the Holy Spirit at our salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, and not fall away.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.