Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

@ScottA do if there is no physical coming if Christ, which lets be honest, is the general hope of the vast majority of Christianity, what does the future hold them for the earth... The redeemed... And the unbeliever?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA do if there is no physical coming if Christ, which lets be honest, is the general hope of the vast majority of Christianity, what does the future hold them for the earth... The redeemed... And the unbeliever?
Think about what you are asking. "The flesh profits nothing" For the believer, "to live is Christ."

All "our hope is in Him."

But the hope of salvation is not what "the future holds them for the earth." It is the hope of returning to God...which we do "in Christ."

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what it says. It does not say "bodily."
That, to me, appears to be a denial of the fact that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Did Jesus turn into a spirit-being on the way up?

If you say yes, then you are denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

If you say no, then He ascended bodily; and if He is returning in like manner as He went up, He will return bodily.

Reactions: Enoch111

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 13:14
"And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: ‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, And seeing you will see and not perceive;"
Hello @ScottA,

This is very childish of you.
However, this is a prophecy directly concerning Israel, but you choose to use it to suit your own purposes unfortunately. It tells me a lot about your attitude to the Word of God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is not what it says. It does not say "bodily."
Scott,
You have deliberately blinded yourself to the truth and you will be going into more and more confusion. So take some time to digest this Scripture:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (Col 2:8,9)

So you have gone into philosophy and vain deceit, refusing to acknowledge that Christ is BODILY seated at the right hand of the Father, and will BODILY return with His saints and angels at the Second Coming.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That, to me, appears to be a denial of the fact that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Did Jesus turn into a spirit-being on the way up?

If you say yes, then you are denying that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

If you say no, then He ascended bodily; and if He is returning in like manner as He went up, He will return bodily.
In that case you take it wrong...and it has has caused you to also take me wrong. Can you quote me denying "the fact that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" as you have just accused me? No...you cannot. So stop making assumptions and accusations.

On the contrary, Christ has [already] come in the flesh. Therefore, if you look for Him to come in the future as if He has not already come...it is not I who have denied anything, but rather you.

So, lets be clear: Jesus Christ has come in the flesh already and that scripture is already fulfilled. Which He did by "lowering" Himself. But that is not how He returns. Heaven forbid! No, His return is in "the glory of the Father"...whom is spirit.

Matthew 16:27
"For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels,"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @ScottA,

This is very childish of you.
However, this is a prophecy directly concerning Israel, but you choose to use it to suit your own purposes unfortunately. It tells me a lot about your attitude to the Word of God.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Paul, speaking to the (Christian believers) in Corinth used these same words regarding the Church.

So...thanks for the compliment!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte
B

brakelite

Think about what you are asking. "The flesh profits nothing" For the believer, "to live is Christ."

All "our hope is in Him."

But the hope of salvation is not what "the future holds them for the earth." It is the hope of returning to God...which we do "in Christ."
While I agree that all our hope is in Him, and to live this life to its fullest potential is to live it in Christ, abundantly, you haven't answered the question. There are screeds of Biblical prophecy promising a future life that never ends. Eternal life. I am asking you, who obviously shuns any idea of a physical future reality but rather only a spiritual, will there be no sense of feeling...touch, taste, sight, hearing. God is spirit, yes, but we shall still see Him...His throne...His sanctuary...and experience a new heavens and a new earth will we not? Or not??? Again, what of the future? Or do you simply not want to commit yourself to something 'eye has not seen nor ear heard' etc? Nevertheless, what of the world where all tears are wiped away and there is no more sorrow or pain? Is that just a symbolic unreality or is it a future experience we can all look forward to?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I get a witness?

Is He in you?

Is Jesus in anyone?

...And, if Yes...do you know what the next question is?

No, the Holy Spirit is who is the third person of the Trinity

...The scriptures simply do not say that Jesus returns in a future one-time mass event -- people do.

Then you step out of orthodox Christianity into one of your own making

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that all our hope is in Him, and to live this life to its fullest potential is to live it in Christ, abundantly, you haven't answered the question. There are screeds of Biblical prophecy promising a future life that never ends. Eternal life. I am asking you, who obviously shuns any idea of a physical future reality but rather only a spiritual, will there be no sense of feeling...touch, taste, sight, hearing. God is spirit, yes, but we shall still see Him...His throne...His sanctuary...and experience a new heavens and a new earth will we not? Or not??? Again, what of the future? Or do you simply not want to commit yourself to something 'eye has not seen nor ear heard' etc? Nevertheless, what of the world where all tears are wiped away and there is no more sorrow or pain? Is that just a symbolic unreality or is it a future experience we can all look forward to?
"Tears are wiped away"...which is the answer for all your questions. What remains is all your hopes and the things that you describe, but without the pain and anguish of this world--all is perfect, as God is perfect; and all is more, not less. The spiritual kingdom of God is the greater, not the lessor.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Holy Spirit is who is the third person of the Trinity
That is not a complete biblical answer. Yes, Christ does send the Holy Spirit, but They are One. As it is written, and what I have described, is the "baptism in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"--not just the Holy Spirit.
Then you step out of orthodox Christianity into one of your own making
No, it is Christendom that has stepped out from the truth, which, as it is written, is the great apostasy.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul, speaking to the (Christian believers) in Corinth used these same words regarding the Church.

So...thanks for the compliment!
Hello @ScottA,

I would be grateful if you would direct me to the place you are referring to please, so that I can read it for myself.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a complete biblical answer. Yes, Christ does send the Holy Spirit, but They are One. As it is written, and what I have described, is the "baptism in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"--not just the Holy Spirit.
No, it is Christendom that has stepped out from the truth, which, as it is written, is the great apostasy.

Ah, a heretic. Many like you have come and gone, as you will go to. May God save your soul from hell

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, a heretic. Many like you have come and gone, as you will go to. May God save your soul from hell
Ah, a false witness. This the Lord hates. You will not go unpunished.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @ScottA,

I would be grateful if you would direct me to the place you are referring to please, so that I can read it for myself.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
It is in Paul's explaining the purpose of tongues (1 Corinthians 14:21) following his clarification that even the scriptures must be "spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14). Which means nothing if Israel did not first suffer spiritual blindness, that blindness that remains "until the fullness of the gentiles has come in." This was the blindness that foreshadows the great apostasy foretold of these times.

Who were the first and who are the last? Who is the heel catcher, and in whom does God prevail? Who then is Jacob, and who is Israel?