Has This Ever Happened in Your lifetime?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

I published my new video today. Please watch it and tell me what you think. I hope you enjoy it. Also, wait until the end for a meme of sorts. I'm hoping that some of you will watch the video because Youtube warns me that the BBC might have an issue with the Locust video I used. I think anyone in the United States can watch it, but I would like to know for sure. :)

Enjoy

Title: DOL 03 Joel Has This Ever Happened in Your lifetime?

Reactions: Ziggy

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

I published my new video today. Please watch it and tell me what you think. I hope you enjoy it. Also, wait until the end for a meme of sorts. I'm hoping that some of you will watch the video because Youtube warns me that the BBC might have an issue with the Locust video I used. I think anyone in the United States can watch it, but I would like to know for sure. :)

Enjoy

Appears your video is like 1-2 hrs long, a bit much for a forum and conversation about it

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appears your video is like 1-2 hrs long, a bit much for a forum and conversation about it
Admittedly, the video is longer than what I usually produce. But the video is 31 minutes long, not 1-2 hours. :) I chose to cover two chapters in Joel rather than break up the video into two parts. I don't have much of a channel following so I am a bit skittish about creating multiple part videos.

If you watch the video from 9:51 - 23:07 you will get the main idea.

In summary, (If my interpretation is correct) Joel is predicting a locust plague three years running and a fourth is about to take place when the priests call the Jews to assemble in Jerusalem to pray for the deliverance of the nation. Those who make the journey and come to Jerusalem will be spared the fires that come later. Isaiah refers to them as survivors and he says that those who stay and remain in Jerusalem will be called "holy". The locust plague marks the beginning of the run-up to the second coming of Christ, which the Bible calls "The day of the Lord" or the "day of Yahweh.

I was hoping that most people who have seen my other videos wouldn't mind a long one. But more importantly, I was rushed to get this video out because I'm certain these events will begin soon and my wish is to save as many people as possible. But who am I? My videos only get about 35 views on average. So my wish may never be realized. I can only trust that the Lord will have someone watch these videos and make the right choice when the time comes. I know, that ultimately it's in God's hands.

Thank you so much for responding to this thread. And thanks for your advice about the length of the video. I will attempt to keep further videos down to under 15 minutes. (If the lord should allow me to make any others.) :)

Reactions: Truth7t7

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admittedly, the video is longer than what I usually produce. But the video is 31 minutes long, not 1-2 hours. :) I chose to cover two chapters in Joel rather than break up the video into two parts. I don't have much of a channel following so I am a bit skittish about creating multiple part videos.

If you watch the video from 9:51 - 23:07 you will get the main idea.

In summary, (If my interpretation is correct) Joel is predicting a locust plague three years running and a fourth is about to take place when the priests call the Jews to assemble in Jerusalem to pray for the deliverance of the nation. Those who make the journey and come to Jerusalem will be spared the fires that come later. Isaiah refers to them as survivors and he says that those who stay and remain in Jerusalem will be called "holy". The locust plague marks the beginning of the run-up to the second coming of Christ, which the Bible calls "The day of the Lord" or the "day of Yahweh.

I was hoping that most people who have seen my other videos wouldn't mind a long one. But more importantly, I was rushed to get this video out because I'm certain these events will begin soon and my wish is to save as many people as possible. But who am I? My videos only get about 35 views on average. So my wish may never be realized. I can only trust that the Lord will have someone watch these videos and make the right choice when the time comes. I know, that ultimately it's in God's hands.

Thank you so much for responding to this thread. And thanks for your advice about the length of the video. I will attempt to keep further videos down to under 15 minutes. (If the lord should allow me to make any others.) :)

I liked certain bits, but I had a lot of problems with this video.

The locusts are the northern army, not literal grasshoppers...

Joel 2
25I will repay you for the years eaten by locusts— the swarming locust, the young locust,
the destroying locust, and the devouring locust - My great army that I sent against you.
26 You will have plenty to eat,until you are satisfied. You will praise the name of the LORD your God,
who has worked wonders for you. My people will never again be put to shame.
27 Then you will know that I am present in Israel and that I am the LORD your God,
and there is no other. My people will never again be put to shame.

These are the 'people of the prince to come' in Dan 9:26. They are spiritually enslaving Israel.

Joel 3
5 For you took My silver and gold and carried off My finest treasures to your temples. 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks, to send them far from their homeland.

Rev 18
11And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, because there is no one left to buy their cargo— 12 cargo of gold, silver, precious stones, and pearls; of fine linen, purple, silk, and scarlet; of all kinds of citron wood and every article of ivory, precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble; 13of cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, and frankincense; of wine, olive oil, fine flour, and wheat; of cattle, sheep, horses, and chariots; of slaves and souls of men.

I was all set to disagree with your assessment of there being 4 years, but now I agree that that is what is meant here. But I do disagree that it is at the 4th year that the cutting off of the sacrifices occurs.

I also very much disagree with the idea that the Bible is exhorting people to move to Jerusalem... Jesus is telling them to flee! (Matt 24:15-16). This is where the 'woman' goes into the wilderness. The gentiles that are trampling the outer courts during the 2 witnesses 1260 days are part of this locust invasion for the 4 years (5 months of the 1st woe + 42 months at the 2nd woe).

At the start of the Trumpets, the 'people of the prince to come' are surrounding Jerusalem (the same locusts of the 5th Trumpet). This will occur on Sukkot/ Feast of Tabernacles, when God will 'shelter' the faithful from the 'great tribulation' (compare Rev 7 with Lev 23:39-40) (same as the woman going into the wilderness to be protected).

Then at the 6th Trumpet (the winter Sabbath start of the great tribulation) (Shushan Purim) what-looks-like Gog is defeated. The messiah of the Gog war takes over Jerusalem and will break the covenant 1260 days (42 months) later at the 7th Trumpet.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked certain bits, but I had a lot of problems with this video.

Thanks so much for watching the video and taking the time to comment. I always bear in mind that my interpretation might be in error and so I appreciate hearing what others have discovered.

I considered that the locusts might be figurative, but I couldn't resolve the many reference to literal effects of locusts such as the loss of crops and food to eat. Even in the passage you quoted, the Lord promises them that they will have plenty to eat "until you are satisfied."

At the start of the Trumpets, the 'people of the prince to come' are surrounding Jerusalem (the same locusts of the 5th Trumpet). This will occur on Sukkot/ Feast of Tabernacles, when God will 'shelter' the faithful from the 'great tribulation' (compare Rev 7 with Lev 23:39-40) (same as the woman going into the wilderness to be protected).

Then at the 6th Trumpet (the winter Sabbath start of the great tribulation) (Shushan Purim) what-looks-like Gog is defeated. The messiah of the Gog war takes over Jerusalem and will break the covenant 1260 days (42 months) later at the 7th Trumpet.
I need to think about the book of Revelation more before I decide, but I think I agree with you that the locusts of the fifth trumpet are not actual insects but rather demonic entities of some kind.

Thanks for your insights into the Trumpet judgments. You have given me more to think about. :)

Reactions: Truth7t7

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This is not correct, you are mixing up what Joel is prophesying , with the Gog/Magog attack; that comes later.
I agree with you that the locusts of the fifth trumpet are not actual insects but rather demonic entities of some kind.
Revelation 9:1-11 is another event entirely; much later and during the final 3 1/2 years before Jesus Returns.

Joel prophesies about the great and terrible Day the Lord, which is the next event we can expect. It will be a cosmic and earth changing disaster by fire from the sun. When Joel 2:1-11 is read with this concept in mind; then it can be seen how it can literally happen. Joel 2:30-31

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not correct, you are mixing up what Joel is prophesying , with the Gog/Magog attack; that comes later.

Revelation 9:1-11 is another event entirely; much later and during the final 3 1/2 years before Jesus Returns.

Joel prophesies about the great and terrible Day the Lord, which is the next event we can expect. It will be a cosmic and earth changing disaster by fire from the sun. When Joel 2:1-11 is read with this concept in mind; then it can be seen how it can literally happen. Joel 2:30-31
Yes, it does seem as if the DOL is the next thing to happen, which is why I made this video with a sense of urgency.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks so much for watching the video and taking the time to comment. I always bear in mind that my interpretation might be in error and so I appreciate hearing what others have discovered.

I considered that the locusts might be figurative, but I couldn't resolve the many reference to literal effects of locusts such as the loss of crops and food to eat. Even in the passage you quoted, the Lord promises them that they will have plenty to eat "until you are satisfied."

I need to think about the book of Revelation more before I decide, but I think I agree with you that the locusts of the fifth trumpet are not actual insects but rather demonic entities of some kind.

Thanks for your insights into the Trumpet judgments. You have given me more to think about. :)

The loss of crops & food to eat are just part of the effects of the curses for disobedience.

Deut 28
30You will be pledged in marriage to a woman, but another man will violate her. You will build a house but will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard but will not enjoy its fruit. 31Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will not eat any of it. Your donkey will be taken away and not returned to you. Your flock will be given to your enemies, and no one will save you. 32Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, while your eyes grow weary looking for them day after day, with no power in your hand.

33 A people you do not know will eat the produce of your land and of all your toil. All your days you will be oppressed and crushed. 34You will be driven mad by the sights you see. 35The LORD will afflict you with painful, incurable boils on your knees and thighs, from the soles of your feet to the top of your head. 36The LORD will bring you and the king you appoint to a nation neither you nor your fathers have known, and there you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone.

37You will become an object of horror, scorn, and ridicule among all the nations to which the LORD will drive you. 38You will sow much seed in the field but harvest little, because the locusts will consume it. 39You will plant and cultivate vineyards, but will neither drink the wine nor gather the grapes, because worms will eat them. 40You will have olive trees throughout your territory but will never anoint yourself with oil, because the olives will drop off. 41You will father sons and daughters, but they will not remain yours, because they will go into captivity.

42 Swarms of locusts will consume all your trees and the produce of your land. 43 The foreigner living among you will rise higher and higher above you, while you sink down lower and lower. 44 He will lend to you, but you will not lend to him. He will be the head, and you will be the tail. 45All these curses will come upon you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, since you did not obey the LORD your God and keep the commandments and statutes He gave you.​

The 'locusts' of the 5th Trumpet are the same as the Joel locusts and are the 'people of the prince to come', part of the 'flood' of armies that take over Jerusalem. They are 'demonic' in the sense that they are promoting idol worship and the mark of the beast.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It doesn't matter if the locusts are or are not the same as Gog. All that matters is that Jews will think that it is. When they try to get right with God after the battle with what they perceive as Gog, they are not getting right with God at all. After the messiah saves them from 'Gog', then this messiah betrays them at the 7th Trumpet.

To be honest, I don't understand how an army attacking could be construed as a mass coronal ejection. Will these solar flares be part of what people will believe is the Gog war? Yes. Part of the events of the 6th Seal in the transition to the Trumpets? Yes, this is why people are hiding in caves, thinking the end of the world is occurring. But to say that this is the only thing going on would be incorrect, in my opinion.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Enjoy

Thank You for sharing CadyandZoe!
I see what your saying with my eyes, but I also hear it in a spiritual way in my ears.

Words are always hard to find to explain what I mean.

God speaks and his word is spiritual. And after God speaks we see the manifestation of what was spoken.
In my belief, Jesus is this Mount Zion and Jerusalem is the bride or the body of saints which believe and have faith in Him.
This in a way would be the first resurrection. It is a spiritual calling to come to Mt. Zion.
Your video, I understand it is as the manifestation of that calling to a people that has yet to come to the Lord by spirit and must
go forth by faith in a physical world to a physical Mt. Zion.
I appreciate both callings. And I can understand it in both the spiritual and the physical sense.

I understand the locusts as real insects and also as those that are now being dispersed throughout the world to eat up everything that is good.
They come in droves and they trample the land, as traditions and morals and faiths are being treaded on.
I see the spiritual word of God in action as we are beginning to see it manifest in the world around us.

All we can do is Pray. Not all of us will be able to make a journey to Israel, or in my case even out of my state.
Some have physical limitations and financial which will make this a physical impossibility.
But God knows our hearts and minds. And even if we can't be there in the flesh, we will be there in the spirit.

The video was very well done.
Thank you
Hugs

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
To be honest, I don't understand how an army attacking could be construed as a mass coronal ejection.
That is because it isn't a human army, or locusts. It is 'like an army'. Joel 2:5b & 7
Just read Joel 2:1-11; what the vast host does; is not and cannot be how a human army operates.

But a sudden, massive strike of ejecta from the sun will literally fulfil all the graphic prophesies about that terrible Day.
God has warned us, we should know about what He has planned. Being aware of this forthcoming worldwide disaster, will be a great help for us; to stand firm in our faith and trust in the Lord for His protection.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You for sharing CadyandZoe!
I see what your saying with my eyes, but I also hear it in a spiritual way in my ears.

Words are always hard to find to explain what I mean.

God speaks and his word is spiritual. And after God speaks we see the manifestation of what was spoken.
In my belief, Jesus is this Mount Zion and Jerusalem is the bride or the body of saints which believe and have faith in Him.
This in a way would be the first resurrection. It is a spiritual calling to come to Mt. Zion.
Your video, I understand it is as the manifestation of that calling to a people that has yet to come to the Lord by spirit and must
go forth by faith in a physical world to a physical Mt. Zion.
I appreciate both callings. And I can understand it in both the spiritual and the physical sense.

I understand the locusts as real insects and also as those that are now being dispersed throughout the world to eat up everything that is good.
They come in droves and they trample the land, as traditions and morals and faiths are being treaded on.
I see the spiritual word of God in action as we are beginning to see it manifest in the world around us.

All we can do is Pray. Not all of us will be able to make a journey to Israel, or in my case even out of my state.
Some have physical limitations and financial which will make this a physical impossibility.
But God knows our hearts and minds. And even if we can't be there in the flesh, we will be there in the spirit.

The video was very well done.
Thank you
Hugs
Ziggy, thanks so much for watching the video and sharing your insight into these things. I have also experienced difficulty finding the right words. So I think I can relate to what you are saying. We know from various passages of the Bible that sometimes events on earth are associated with events in the spiritual world. I am happy to know someone like you who can see both. :)

Reactions: Ziggy

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because it isn't a human army, or locusts. It is 'like an army'. Joel 2:5b & 7
Just read Joel 2:1-11; what the vast host does; is not and cannot be how a human army operates.

But a sudden, massive strike of ejecta from the sun will literally fulfil all the graphic prophesies about that terrible Day.
God has warned us, we should know about what He has planned. Being aware of this forthcoming worldwide disaster, will be a great help for us; to stand firm in our faith and trust in the Lord for His protection.

Joel 2
1Blow the ram’s horn in Zion; sound the alarm on My holy mountain!
Let all who dwell in the land tremble,for the Day of the LORD is coming;
indeed, it is near— 2a day of darkness and gloom,a day of clouds and blackness.
Like the dawn overspreading the mountains a great and strong army appears,
such as never was of old,nor will ever be in ages to come. 3 Before them a fire devours,
and behind them a flame scorches. The land before them is like the Garden of Eden,
but behind them, it is like a desert wasteland— surely nothing will escape them. 4Their appearance is like that of horses,
and they gallop like swift steeds. 5 With a sound like that of chariots
they bound over the mountaintops,like the crackling of fire consuming stubble,
like a mighty army deployed for battle. 6Nations writhe in horror before them;
every face turns pale. 7They charge like mighty men;they scale the walls like men of war.
Each one marches in formation, not swerving from the course.
Mt. Zion is in Jerusalem = Jerusalem is surrounded by the abomination of desolation (desolator's) army (Luke 21:20). This is why the woman starts to flee into the wilderness. This is the start of the great tribulation.
Matt 24
15“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!​

This is unstoppable army is what scatters Israel in Hosea 1:4-5
4Then the Lord said to Hosea, “Call him Jezreel, because I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the massacre at Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of Israel. 5 In that day I will break Israel’s bow in the Valley of Jezreel.”​

After being scattered, the 2 sticks are joined when this 'unstoppable army' is destroyed 5 months later. People will say, 'who can make war with the beast?'
Hosea 1
10“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘children of the living God.’ 11The people of Judah and the people of Israel will come together; they will appoint one leader and will come up out of the land, for great will be the day of Jezreel.​

The 2 houses being joined is the winter sabbath start of the great tribulation (6th Trumpet). That's why after the abomination occurs (start of the Trumpets), then the false messiahs arrive who save them 5 months later. The 2 sticks are joined by the 2 horned false prophet and the label of 'children of the living God' is the 'blasphemous names upon their heads' in Rev 13:1.

Matt 24
Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

It's the false messiah that makes the covenant and breaks it at the 7th Trumpet.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Joel 2:1-11 describes the Sixth Seal disaster.
It is not the Great Tribulation during the final 3 1/2 years before Jesus returns; of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls, but it comes several years before them.
It will be great tribulation, or a great ordeal; as Revelation 7:14 says.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel 2:1-11 describes the Sixth Seal disaster.
It is not the Great Tribulation during the final 3 1/2 years before Jesus returns; of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls, but it comes several years before them.
It will be great tribulation, or a great ordeal; as Revelation 7:14 says.

Yes, Joel 2 is the 6th Seal. The locusts of Joel are the same locusts of the 5th Trumpet, the unstoppable army, the 'people of the prince to come'. (Trumpets 1-4 are judgments). These locusts are, again, from Deut 28

33 A people you do not know will eat the produce of your land and of all your toil. All your days you will be oppressed and crushed. 34You will be driven mad by the sights you see. 35The LORD will afflict you with painful, incurable boils on your knees and thighs, from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

36The LORD will bring you and the king you appoint to a nation neither you nor your fathers have known, and there you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone.
6th Seal events & the abomination (the 1st abomination) causes the unfaithful to be punished 7 times (Leviticus 26:18) (= 7 Trumpets). 5 months later is the 6th Trumpet, the 'winter Sabbath start of the great tribulation'.

When the gentiles are trampling the outer courts during the 6th Trumpet (the 'great tribulation'), it is because Jerusalem has 'appointed a king' & is unfaithful and is part of their punishment ('a people you don't know will eat your produce as locusts').

This 'appointed king' is the Daniel 7 Little horn and/ or the Daniel 8 little horn. Depending on the POV, this is the antichrist or false prophet 'confirming the covenant'.

The 'appointed king' breaks the covenant in the 'middle of the 7' (1260 days) at the 7th Trumpet, triggering 'Armageddon' (the 2nd Abomination causes 7 more punishments, Lev 26:18, in the 7 bowls of wrath).