Have you been baptised correctly?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you check, you will find that when lforrest said "Bye"
He was saying goodbye for all of us...small fish has now gone.
Oh I am sorry to hear that even though we were not harmonizing very well. But I must be content. So many times some are gone before we have even conversed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

The Fish surely does not represent the United Pentecostals I know.
His tone of discussion does not fit their description.
I knew a few with similar attitudes among them, but it was not typical in my experience. The family that won my wife and I to God in 1976 was Oneness Jesus Only and it was their 24/7 living for God that convicted us. To this day I have never met anyone serving God more closely than they did. They were indeed Living Epistles for God. Their witness to us was with their lives.

They are still serving God faithfully in California. I spoke with them on the phone just a few weeks ago.

For them I will always give God the glory!

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
'Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit - in the bond of peace.
There is -
one body, and
one Spirit, even as ye are called in
one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, Who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

(Eph 4:3-6)

Hello there,

During the period covered by the book of Acts there were two baptisms in operation (by water & Spirit), but now, according to the sevenfold unity of the Spirit of Ephesians 4, which we in this present administration of grace are exhorted to 'Keep' there is only one baptism: and that is baptism 'by' the Holy Spirit, who identifies us with Christ in His death, burial, quickening and resurrection, and in which the flesh plays no part.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
ah, the Baptism of Fire has been cancelled now? :)

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I am sorry to hear that even though we were not harmonizing very well. But I must be content. So many times some are gone before we have even conversed.

He came in here and from his very first post he argued and was quite rude. Many of us asked him to step back and just join in the Forum.

Sadly when they join with an agenda that is not what they want to hear or do..they do not come to join they come to judge.....so they just argue again.
He came ' in another spirit'.
Some of us did try John...promise .

You have a big heart brother. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He came in here and from his very first post he argued and was quite rude. Many of us asked him to step back and just join in the Forum.

Sadly when they join with an agenda that is not what they want to hear or do..they do not come to join they come to judge.....so they just argue again.
He came ' in another spirit'.
Some of us did try John...promise .

You have a big heart brother. :)
I know people tried. His doors and windows were all firmly closed. I speak against arm twisting, so I must really try to abide by what I say.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Revelation 3:1
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Thou has a name that thou livist (but not Christ's name)
reading in English might help there wadr;
...I know your works; you have a reputation for being alive, but you are dead.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so much for all that Oneness huh? lol
They were all formed back in a day when even the superficial unity of no race discrimination was difficult.
The group to which I have belonged under Bro Souders from my understanding was racially integrated even back when it was first begun during the First World War. he worked hard to keep it really integrated, but as anyone aware of the situation it was not an easy task. He died in about 1953 and no one could ever replace him. The pulpit is open and during one of their general meeting, any person without advance notice or approval by anyone else can get up, walk to the pulpit, and speak in support of or against any doctrine he chooses. The person may be of any race or from any geographic or political entity on planet Earth. Perfect? No, but it is a few steps in the right direction. I won't detail any negatives here.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reading in English might help there wadr;
...I know your works; you have a reputation for being alive, but you are dead.
Another translation also puts it clearly:
Christ’s Letter to Sardis
3 Write the following to the messenger of the congregation in Sardis,for these are the words of the one who holds the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars:

I know all that you do and I know that you have a reputation for being really “alive,” but you’re actually dead!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

and @bbyrd009 too

But I may well be totally wrong...1) Maybe the Fish took a break to cool off.
Or 2) He may have been put on a short suspension..to weigh his attitude a bit.

Hey, Dave is often proving me wrong about something :D

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you come here accusing the saints. I fully expected you to be a satanist trying to sow discord under the guise of a Christian. These people have their fun then when they've had enough declare that they are giving up on Christianity and leave. I find it more offensive that you are serious about your legalistic and authoritarian approach to discussion.

Agreed. Im Presbyterian, so I believe water should be sprinkled, but Im not going to parade around saykng Im the only one that has the trutn, and If you werent baptized this way you are condemned... thats just nonsense. Baptism is a sign of Christ commitment to you; It doesnt really matter how it is done!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yikes, what a mess Xtians are in

Ditto. Im sorry, i probably worded that a bit funny. baptism is the sacrament of initiation into the visible church, or body of people who publicly claim faith in Christ.Baptism also signifies regeneration and remission of sin.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ditto. Im sorry, i probably worded that a bit funny. baptism is the sacrament of initiation into the visible church, or body of people who publicly claim faith in Christ.Baptism also signifies regeneration and remission of sin.
i'm curious if it was stressed at all, or were you counselled at all on the "death and burial" aspect of ritual water baptism? ty

Reactions: Helen

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i'm curious if it was stressed at all, or were you counselled at all on the "death and burial" aspect of ritual water baptism? ty
The confession puts it so much better than I could, but yes, death and burial of christ is indeed stressed in baptism.

The Westminster Confession of Faith
Chapter 28
Section 1.) Baptism is a sacrament of the new testament, ordained by Jesus Christ,(1) not only for the solemn admission of the party baptized into the visible Church;(2) but also, to be unto him a sign and seal of the covenant of grace,(3) of his ingrafting into Christ,(4)of regeneration,(5) of remission of sins,(6) and of his giving up unto God, through Jesus Christ, to walk in newness of life.(7) Which sacrament is, by Christ's own appointment, to be continued in His Church until the end of the world.(8)
------------------------------------
(1) Mt 28:19
(2) 1Co 12:13
(3) Ro 4:11 with Col 2:11,12
(4) Gal 3:27; Ro 6:5
(5) Tit 3:5
(6) Mk 1:4
(7) Ro 6:3,4
(8) Mt 28:19,20

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit I never gave the Presbyterians much thought before I learned that Christian Reformation (basically, Dominionism) grew directly out of that denomination and both the large and small Westminster Confessions. Although I don't agree with CR, I respect a lot of their thinking, and it has helped me see Presbyterians differently.
I used to belong to the CoC, and that also came out of the Presbyterians.

Reactions: amadeus and Mjh29

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit I never gave the Presbyterians much thought before I learned that Christian Reformation (basically, Dominionism) grew directly out of that denomination and both the large and small Westminster Confessions. Although I don't agree with CR, I respect a lot of their thinking, and it has helped me see Presbyterians differently.
A lot of people are under the assumption that Presbyterians want everyone Christian to beckme Presbyterian. I would much rather see people coming to genuine, Holy Spirit lead faith first and foremost.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people are under the assumption that Presbyterians want everyone Christian to beckme Presbyterian. I would much rather see people coming to genuine, Holy Spirit lead faith first and foremost.
One of my friends is a PCUSA minister, and despite their Liberalism, I have attended there. It is just that I seem to have an aversion to almost any denomination that is, in my opinion, overly Liturgical.

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my friends is a PCUSA minister, and despite their Liberalism, I have attended there. It is just that I seem to have an aversion to almost any denomination that is, in my opinion, overly Liturgical.

Yes, that is definitely one thing that make many cautious of Presb. I am in the PCA, so there are quite a few differences.

Reactions: Willie T