HE THAT KEEPS MY SAYINGS SHALL NEVER SEE DEATH - JOHN 8:51

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...or the foolhardiness!

"He that keeps my sayings shall NEVER SEE DEATH" - John 8:51.
You might try to say, 'that just means spiritual death'. No one has had the guts to offer that rationalization yet.
Go ahead. Poop or get off the pot.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you claim to be sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect 100% of the time exactly like God the Father?

Nah. That's not what AL is saying. However, AL [is] saying that through the work of Christ, which [is] the essence of the Promises and Blessings spoken of to Abraham in Genesis 17, "she" is viewed as one that is no longer under the Law. As Paul taught, where there is no Law, there is no trespass. Therefore, we may be guilty of trespass, but if there is no Law, then there is no punishment. Make sense?

Also, AL has an advocate, so that when and if "she" does sin, that sin is dealt with and paid for by Christ. So yes, because of the Work and Principals of Christ . . . True Christians and True Jews are viewed as utterly perfected by and through the Blood (Work) of Christ. What is that Work?

1. Jesus Grants the ability to Repent - Can be done for anyone, Old Testament and New.
2. Jesus lifts the Curse of Adam and Eve - Can be done for anyone, Old Testament and New.
3. Jesus issues the Guiding Holy Spirit - Can be done for anyone, Old Testament and New. The Spirit issues His own form of Spiritual Gifts, also both in the Old and New Testaments.
4. Jesus died to pay for the Penalty of sin - Applies to all People both before and after the Resurrection.

It is this Work and non-other that Purifies us. We may not be sinless, but because of Christ's one-time Sacrifice, this makes us continually perfected. Much more could be said . . . this is just a start.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John 8:51 and Romans 8:13 are out of your context -
Salvation is spirit, soul and body - I Thess 5:23.
There is NO DEATH in Jesus, if your moving deeper into him.
Hello @Available Light,

Thank you for responding.

You refer to John 8:51:- 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.' This is referring to eternal death, because he who has the Word of God abiding in Him, will have part in the 'resurrection unto life' as declared by the Lord in John 11:25:-

'Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:
he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: ...'

* I responded to your other reference in reply#69.

You refer also to 1 Thessalonians 5:23:- 'And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.' Yes, Paul prayed that their whole being (body, spirit and soul ie life ) would remain entire until the coming of the Lord. This was a possibility at that, for it was believed that the Lord's return was imminent, for the door was still open for Israel to come to repentance (Acts 3:18-21) when this was written; and it was very likely that at least some of those to whom Paul wrote would still be 'alive and remain' at His coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; they would therefore not see death, but would be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye (1 Corinthians 15:52), when they rose to meet the Lord in the air.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Available Light,

Thank you for responding.

You refer to John 8:51:- 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.' This is referring to eternal death, because he will have part in the 'resurrection unto life' as declared by the Lord in John 11:25:-

'Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life:
he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: ...'

* I responded to your other reference in reply#69.

You refer also to 1 Thessalonians 5:23:- 'And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.' Yes, Paul prayed that their whole being (body & spirit energized by life making a living soul) would remain entire until the coming of the Lord. This was a possibility at that , for it was believed that the Lord's return was imminent, for the door was still open for Israel to come to repentance (Acts 3:18-21) when this was written; and it was very likely that at least some of those to whom Paul wrote would still be 'alive and remain' at His coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; they would therefore not see death, but would be changed in a moment in the twinkling of an eye (1 Corinthians 15:52), when they rose to meet the Lord in the air.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Nope, you add to the word, Jesus did not say 'eternal death' that is a man-made term that nullifies the Word of God.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, ....still, you should've put that nutcase in his place! His views and attitude are subversive

Matthew 5:22 NKJV - 22 "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

I don't think that AL is too worried about your name-calling, but I'd be worried if I were you. When you refer to AL as a "nutcase," you're degrading the Creation of the Almighty. Therefore, when you respect people like AL, even if you believe they are wrong, you are showing respect to the Creator. I am asking you kindly to stop with the name-calling. Maturity is key, here.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you entirely inept? What are you some kind of mystic flake? Grow up, and don't be so daft to try and bring a single verse in order to prove something so demonstrably irrational, as that no one dies. Go visit a cemetery or morgue sometime, or a funeral home. Try reading the entirety of Scripture sometime, try showing some depth and wisdom to your thoughts, or some competency in extrapolating meaning from the Bible.

Matthew 5:22 NKJV - "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire."

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:22 NKJV - "But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire."
@DNB is already now in Gehenna Fire, which is why he is so agitated in his consternation of rebellion against the Word of Life.
Because he is naturally-minded, he does not discern the spiritual interpretation of Gehenna Fire:
I Cor 2:14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, you add to the word, Jesus did not say 'eternal death' that is a man-made term that nullifies the Word of God.
Hello @Available Light,

That is what I am assured is it's meaning in the marginal notes in my Bible. It by no means nullifies the Word of God, nor does injustice to the testimony of Scripture as a whole. For the testimony of Scripture shows that those who do indeed have the Word of God indwelling eg., the Twelve Disciples and Paul, do die and await resurrection.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[
Hello @Available Light,

That is what I am assured is it's meaning in the marginal notes in my Bible. It by no means nullifies the Word of God, nor does injustice to the testimony of Scripture as a whole. For the testimony of Scripture shows that those who do indeed have the Word of God indwelling eg., the Twelve Disciples and Paul, do die and await resurrection.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Burn your notes. I've seen you at talkjesus.com as 'complete' nullifying the Word of Life too.
You've made a "covenant with death and hell" - Isaiah 28:15. You're end will be destruction - Phil 3:19.

Yes, you are in the "Wide Gate to Death" - Matthew 7:13.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you have a question, I guess I missed amongst all your angst.
Go ahead, make it concise.
Lol

I have asked the same question 4 times now

if you read anything I posted you would know the question

but because I am a humble servant I will ask one more time

Are you sinless?

do you 24/7 chose to love others and never once decide to chose to serve do you always do what God wants you to do, even though you are tired,and just want a day off, and do not wish to serve this person who hates you and is your enemy?

Reactions: mailmandan

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, ....still, you should've put that nutcase in his place! His views and attitude are subversive

When someone like this is actually being influential on the site, yes. I will deal with him. But I don't think anyone around here was taking him all that seriously, so I figured there wasn't much point.

God bless,
- H

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've got to learn to let God speak to us . . . not the thoughts of commentators. I'd rather talk to each person here rather than read the notes from a Bible. There are times when I seek commentaries, but rarely ever. Seeking advice from commentaries is a fantastic way to learn apostasy.

Actually, I rarely turn to commentary notes myself unless led of the Spirit to. But I'd take commentary notes over the stuff I'm seeing posted on this thread any day. I can at least count on Christian commentaries to espouse basic Christian theology.

God bless,
- H

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"He that keeps my sayings shall NEVER SEE DEATH" - John 8:51.
You might try to say, 'that just means spiritual death'. No one has had the guts to offer that rationalization yet.
Go ahead. Poop or get off the pot.
If you had any sense in your head, of which you undeniably don't, you would realize that the onus is upon you to explain your absurd predicate - those in Christ will never see physical death. There are graveyards and martyrdoms all around us, there are a myriad of parables, analogies, allegories and metaphors used throughout Scripture, thus no one but yourself is obligated to expound on your exegesis.
...but, you're clearly not serious nor competent.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When someone like this is actually being influential on the site, yes. I will deal with him. But I don't think anyone around here was taking him all that seriously, so I figured there wasn't much point.

God bless,
- H
Yes, that could be the case, as far as others are concerned, ...but, he is becoming a little prominent on initiating threads lately, though.

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had any sense in your head, of which you undeniably don't, you would realize that the onus is upon you to explain your absurd predicate - those in Christ will never see physical death. There are graveyards and martyrdoms all around us, there are a myriad of parables, analogies, allegories and metaphors used throughout Scripture, thus no one but yourself is obligated to expound on your exegesis.
...but, you're clearly not serious nor competent.
Still doing the AvoiDance, eh?
John 8:51 is self-explanatory. You seem to fight it more than your typical antichrist.
Tough being exposed as a proponent for death, isn't it.

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I rarely turn to commentary notes myself unless led of the Spirit to. But I'd take commentary notes over the stuff I'm seeing posted on this thread any day. I can at least count on Christian commentaries to espouse basic Christian theology.

God bless,
- H
So you need commentaries rather than the Holy Spirit to enlighten you - typical of the death-cults. I guess you don't pray in tongues as well.

Frankly, I've not even started. I'm just not casting my pearls before the swine.
If you can't handle John 8:51, let your commentary expound on it. I'd like to see what it says.
Please, post it.

Feb 13, 2021
Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

I have asked the same question 4 times now

if you read anything I posted you would know the question

but because I am a humble servant I will ask one more time

Are you sinless?

do you 24/7 chose to love others and never once decide to chose to serve do you always do what God wants you to do, even though you are tired,and just want a day off, and do not wish to serve this person who hates you and is your enemy?
Oh, do you mean did Jesus pay the price for my sin, Yes!
It is Finished - Jesus.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that could be the case, as far as others are concerned, ...but, he is becoming a little prominent on initiating threads lately, though.

Not for long. Neither one of them.

There is a spiritual attack going on of rank heresy being posted now from several new members. I believe it's because teaching is increasing on the Forum, and Satan always works to preempt genuine moves of God, so it comes as no surprise. But attacks like this don't last forever.

Reactions: mailmandan

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not for long. Neither one of them.

There is a spiritual attack going on of rank heresy being posted now from several new members. I believe it's because teaching is increasing on the Forum, and Satan always works to preempt genuine moves of God, so it comes as no surprise. But attacks like this don't last forever.
Yes, there seems to be a slight influx of such radical opinions lately, with the new members. But, like you said, there is also an air of complete feebleness and incompetence to their arguments, and thus, temporality in their presence and influence, that it's hard to imagine that such deviancy will ensue for much longer.