"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but the Word of God as it is written calls you a very big liar! But folks like you will not look into it but live in some cloud of deception thinking you never yield back to teh old man for even a microsecond.

If ytou make it to heaven you will be stunned to see the myriads of saints who satumbled their way into heaven. Because it seems it will only be then can you peel your eyes away from what you do to gavze upon what He accomplished and did in your life and trhe lives of millions you refuse to believe are saved.

YOu remind me of the Pharisee in this account:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

YOu have been taught a lie and failed to begin to understand teh depths of gods love and the height that Jesus death and resaurrection accomplished.

Just know this facdt- no one goes to hell because they are a sinner! they go to hell because they did ot believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus to pay for ALL (not most) their sins.

When you die, you will either die an active sinner, or righteous or holy. Rev. 22:11. Guess who gets to go to heaven?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above is another statement from the very pits of hell.

Our salvation is a co-operative effort between God and us!

News Flash: God created us with a free will ...
to choose to follow Jesus or not, to choose cursings or blessings, etc.
Jesus does NOT force us to love Him, to be His friend, to obey His commandments, etc.

My favorite NT proof is Romans 6:16-19 ...
Choose to be slaves of sin leading to eternal death
OR ...
choose to be slaves of obedience leading to righteousness
and
choose to be slaves of righteousness leading to holiness!

Of course we have free will. But when that open communication came upon me, and I was no longer separated from God by sin, and I heard His voice, I never wanted to leave the Spirit. And the awe of the Lord was so strong, I never wanted to do anything against His will either.

Can't you relate? Was there anything I could do to free myeselt from sin? No! Jesus did it all. The separation was gone. But I never wanted to willfully quench the Spirit, and I haven't. Could I? Yes, but who would want to?

Last edited:

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never wanted to willfully quench the Spirit, and I haven't. Could I? Yes, but who would want to?
Dat's da exact problem with almost every woman on Christian forums
dat I have ever encountered ... dey make it personal, it's about dem!
Ridiculous!
I'm NOT here to present spiritual Truth to YOU; I'm here for BACs in general.
Your experiences do NOT make the rules for all BACs.
What is the NT trying to teach ALL BACs?
Please, don't make it personal.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dat's da exact problem with almost every woman on Christian forums
dat I have ever encountered ... dey make it personal, it's about dem!
Ridiculous!
I'm NOT here to present spiritual Truth to YOU; I'm here for BACs in general.
Your experiences do NOT make the rules for all BACs.
What is the NT trying to teach ALL BACs?
Please, don't make it personal.

Okay, try this.

Romans 6. Those who have been crucified with Christ are free from sin as long as they continue to choose righteousness and are a slave to righteousness.

Romans 8:1-9, the only way we can be free from sin is by receiving the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It is not by keeping the law by a sin nature. The sin nature is the flesh, and nothing good comes from the flesh. We must be in the Spirit to belong to Christ.

To receive the Spirit in the first place we must REPENT, Acts 2:38 and 1 John 1:9. We are then free from all our old sins. 2 Peter 1:9.

It is so easy for us BAC's to endure to the end. All we have to do is obey our super-sensitized, Spirit-filled conscience. First, just go to bed with a clear conscience. And second, stay reconciled with other believers by forgiving each other. Matthew 5:23-25 and Matthew 6:14-15. It is so easy. Jesus was right - My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

That's all you need to teach.

What scares me about those in the church is all the false doctrines of demons out there that teach defeatism. "We will always sin until we shed these bodies." blah, blah, blah. No hope. Or the other variation, that it doesn't matter what we do, Christ has paid the price so we can live as the carnal human beings that we are with no condemnation. Neither knows Jesus, nor the over-whelming power of His Spirit. Teach against those teachings, and you and I will be on the same page.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If we are sinning willfully there remains no more sacrifice for sin , just a fearful looking forward of judgement and fiery indignation which shall destroy the adversaries.
So are you saying you have never sinned willfully? And if you have, then according to you, you are damned. Did Peter sin willfully when he denied Christ three times? And was he damned?

That verse you quoted is totally taken out of context, when it actually applies to those who turn back to the Law of Moses and believe that they will be saved by keeping the works of the Law. They are then despising the finished work of Christ.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying you have never sinned willfully? And if you have, then according to you, you are damned. Did Peter sin willfully when he denied Christ three times? And was he damned?

That verse you quoted is totally taken out of context, when it actually applies to those who turn back to the Law of Moses and believe that they will be saved by keeping the works of the Law. They are then despising the finished work of Christ.

Dah! Did Peter have the infilling of the Holy Spirit yet when he denied Jesus 3 times?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dah! Did Peter have the infilling of the Holy Spirit yet when he denied Jesus 3 times?
It does not matter. Peter was saved (justified) by grace at that time (as were all the other eleven disciples). And CL, you have sinned willfully over and over again, but you are always in denial, claiming to be sinless.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not matter. Peter was saved (justified) by grace at that time (as were all the other eleven disciples). And CL, you have sinned willfully over and over again, but you are always in denial, claiming to be sinless.

So Judas is saved? Do you think you can belong to Christ and not have the Holy Spirit indwelling you???????? Romans 8:9 says, you won't belong to Christ.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of answers but what is righteousness ? we are told to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness ..
Micah 6:8

8 He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God? do we fully understand righteousness .we know who our righteousness is..

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between temptation and sin. What you are citing here is temptation. Satan can plant thoughts, but we can put him to flight with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Lust is in itself temptation (James 1:14-16) but it is also sin (Matthew 5:27-30); just not willful sin.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are sinning willfully there remains no more sacrifice for sin , just a fearful looking forward of judgement and fiery indignation which shall destroy the adversaries. Because in this state we have counted the Blood of the Covenant where in we were sanctified an unholy thing and have done despite unto the Spirit of Grace. It will be a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Heb 10:26 For if we are sinning wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
The text says Sinning willfully not sinned willfully. The word sinning is a participle in the present tense and is plural.

No it is not. It says what it says. No where does the Chapter or the letter say or imply what you say.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot control all of our thoughts; if so, we would never be tempted; and if never tempted, how can we be over comers?

Well go be sinless with all the others deceived like you ---no one on earth! Have fun alone---bye bye.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 3:10
"In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God,
nor is he who does not love his brother."

Translation
Children of God (choose to) practice righteousness and love other believers!
Children of Satan do NOT practice righteousness and do NOT love other believers!

Heads Up
BACs can choose to NOT practice righteousness and/or to NOT love other believers!
Dis turns dem into (disobedient) children of Satan!
Dey have fallen away from the faith; dey have not endured until the end.
Dey have refused to love Jesus enough to obey His commandments, etc.

Your translation and heads up are 100% in line with Scripture. But if by them you mean a believer will never fall short again, then you are deceived.

All believers should be growing in holiness, but perfection has not happened to any mortal man. Despite the false claims of several on this board who have declared that since saved they have not sinned.

1 John 1:6-10
King James Version

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

John makes a big disctinction here between practice and position.

Verse 6 is experience

verse 8&10 show a position. Verse 6 says we DO NOT while 7&10 show we HAVE NOT. Difference between commiting a sin versus not being saved.

Paul also shows the need for continued growth and turning from sin:

Romans 12:1-2
King James Version

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Construct shows it is an activity that that takes place daily.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you die, you will either die an active sinner, or righteous or holy. Rev. 22:11. Guess who gets to go to heaven?

only the ones whose sins have been washed in the blood of Jesus. I am a new man, the old one has been rendered dead by God and He only sees Jesus. sorry Caiaphas, but your arguments didn't work in Jesus day and they are still wrong today.

Now ytou should gpo and learn what sinner or sin (singular) when not modified by a specific action actually means in the bible. But you probably won't.