Healthcare

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ccfromsc

Jul 13, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:angry: The healthcare in our country is in a mess. I for one am caught in the middle. I have medicare and my wife has the Obamacare.

Obamacare is simple: My wife has a deductable of $6000 which means she has to pay up to she meets the deductable. That begs the logical question of why pay for it?

I am on Medicare. The medicinal part is a "Plan D" as it is called and I am toast. This is now May and I am being told that my Plan D provider has stated that I am on my own for the rest of the year. In other words I have to fully pay for my own medicine. Well my insulin would be $1800 per month alone. I simply do not have the funds. So what do I do? quietly die?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
ccfromsc said:
:angry: The healthcare in our country is in a mess. I for one am caught in the middle. I have medicare and my wife has the Obamacare.

Obamacare is simple: My wife has a deductable of $6000 which means she has to pay up to she meets the deductable. That begs the logical question of why pay for it?

I am on Medicare. The medicinal part is a "Plan D" as it is called and I am toast. This is now May and I am being told that my Plan D provider has stated that I am on my own for the rest of the year. In other words I have to fully pay for my own medicine. Well my insulin would be $1800 per month alone. I simply do not have the funds. So what do I do? quietly die?
That's pretty much the jest of it.

and I do believe it will get worse............as it is getting worse as we speak.

Dear Lord, keep this man and his wife's health under you care, keep them strong and vibrant...thank you Lord for answering this prayer
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi ccfromsc,

ccfromsc said:

I'm sorry to hear your plight, but I personally don't expect the future to be any better for us than it was for the Jews in Europe, or the Allied prisoners of war in the Pacific. And where this can't be encouraging, it apparently is the future.

Looks pretty bleak, aye?

With Deepest Sympathy,
DaDad (DD)

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sooo sorry to hear this ccfromsc :( I am kind of in the same boat cause of O'bama. :angry:
Because of him my health has gone downhill and I now have medical bills I can't afford to pay back. Hello ill health and bad credit. :(

I will say a prayer for you and your wife.

Once again, I am very, very sorry. :( :(

Praying !!!

laid renard

Ps

Can you speak to your doctor to find out if there are any programs he/she knows of in which you qualify ? Fortunately I discovered, after inquiry on my part, of a hospital outpatient pharmacy that gives substantial discounts on meds. Both the meds I take daily are only $6. And I know for a fact one of them would ordinarily have been $200. It's just the important tests and lab work I can't afford to have, which I seriously need done.
Perhaps your physician can provide advice. The only prerequisite I needed for this incredible discount is I have to see their hospitals doctors (general practitioners). The initial cost for the office visit was out of pocket for me, but they only asked for $50 up front and billed me the rest later. I have it on my desk. I am afraid to open it.......

God Bless You And Your Wife

PPS

The medication I take that is ordinarily $200, is for a 2 week supply only. So the cost for that one alone would have been $400 alone per month. But because of the discount I am only paying $12 a month for that one. Not bad. Like I said, I have no idea how much the other one I take would ordinarily cost, but I'm guessing $200 a month, cause the discount price for a month supply is $6--half as much.
So what ordinarily would have been a monthly prescription cost of $600, is now only $20.
Remember, the only thing I had to do was visit one of their doctors in order to get him to prescribe the meds.
Also, it is a teaching, county hospital, not a private. Hope this helps you and your wife. **hug**

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CC, my best advice is to ask around for programs that give some relief for a bill like that. Check with local hospitals (as said above) and then even ask local pharmacies, because a number of the chains have programs of one sort or another.

I've known a number of blue collar folks who hold the same jobs as before, but have seen their insurance deductibles quadruple or more because companies and shifting insurance plans. It's very scary because there are not alternatives. The only thing I possibly see working is one of these Christian-based exchanges, but I am not sure they'll be able to pool enough money to really be reliable on a larger level. It's clear that the "solution" put in place has failed, regardless of political affiliation.

I recently had my tonsils taken out, and the hospital bill was ~$7k alone even after insurance had adjusted it.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ccfromsc said:

I'm hearing reports (personally) from those who work in the healthcare field that ObamaCare isn't paying medical expenses for the poor. Some of the lower middle class, too. People are 'falling through the cracks' as it were. There are subtle regulations and prohibitions in the code that disallows reimbursement for certain (actually most) ailments and treatments.

Basically the healthcare act is a con that shovels money into the pockets of insurance companies. Health care is not the issue. Nobody in the bureaucracy cares if Americans live or die - just whether we pay or not.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am diabetic with lots of meds and until recently had no insurance. i went to a clinic for 18 bucks a session and Walmart for 6 dollars prescrptions - it is all available, you just have to look for it.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Walmart's Novolin insulin is $28 a bottle. I was on insulin that was $95 a bottle when I had insurance. When I lost my insurance, I found a way to manage my diabetes with the Novolin human insulin products very nicely. This is part of what has created a health care crisis. When we have to pay out of pocket we behave very differently. It is still expensive - I use a total of ten bottles a month. But $280 is far more managable than $950. I struggle with the whole philosophy of health care though. I don't believe in expecting someone else to pay my way. When a very expensive treatment comes out for some disorder I might have that used to be fatal, am I entitled to have others pay so I can have it? There are treatments for things that were always fatal 25 years ago. Is everybody authmatically entitled to that treatment regardless of cost or ability to pay if they need it? How so?