Hebrews 10:26-31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know God's not a liar, so if you go to hell it means you were lying to yourself. How do you know you are saved?

It’s quite simple..... “ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be Saved” ......I Asked.End Of Story.
Please take note of what God did NOT say——“ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be put on Probation”
Note also that it does NOT say.... “ Anybody that asks to Saved will be Saved if you recognize that Jesus is “Essential” for Salvation , but not 100% “ Adequate” for Salvation....YOU must do “ Your” Part....( conjure up an adequate Performance Of Law-Keeping and ABOVE ALL — Repent Of all your sins before you die , and make DOUBLE SURE that you never commit a Willful Sin, because the Shed Blood Of The KING OF THE UNIVERSE is too weak to Wash “ those” away”.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir. My argument is with you. It is not scriptures who said that the sin in verse 26 is what you say it is. That’s your interpretation
Ok, lets back track:

First, let me start by saying I disagree with what it is you say is the sin in verse 26.
Such an interpretation to the passage above, would make one who willfully forsake the assembling and lacking in exhorting another, as being certain of judgment and punishment much worse even than death without mercy.

This is why I wondered if you read my whole post. The scriptures (not me, but the scripures) said more than what was said in verse 25; or am I wrong in stating that verses 23 and 24 are part of the same sentence? While forsaking the assembling and lack of exhorting one another are part of it, that's not all there is (but that is all you included). But I cannot deny what the verse is saying: if you hold fast to the faith and provoke one another to good works, you won't forsake the assemling of yourselves together. Like it or not, that is what the scripure says.

Likewise, am I wrong in stating that by starting verse 26 with, "For if" connects it with a previous and specific point (which just happens to be verses 23-25)?
And I have argued against your interpretation by showing you what makes of the sin you say to be in the light of verses 27,28,29 and how it affects the very sense of what is said in verse 26.

If I have your interpretation correct, you feel verses 26-28 have nothing to do with verses 23-25. Is that correct? If so, then why are they there together? It then becomes an off topic statement in an otherwise harmonious chapter. In other words, its simply thrown into the middle of an otherwise organized chapter without having anything to do with the actual chapter.

Tong, it may be inconvenient to believe, but both these passages are in the chapter, one follows the other and they are specifically joined together with "For if..."

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you please expound further on why BB's abounding grace theology is wrong in light of Romans 5:20?

You are not saved if you do not believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 8:24). That is the bottom line.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH stated there! .....here is a question for everybody on the Planet .....Your answer will determine if you go to Heaven or if you go to Hell.....Was Jesus of Nazareth “ A” son of god” , or was Jesus “ THE” Son Of God?”.........
If you hold to the Latter Viewpoint, that would make you a Believer .All Believers are Saved forever .How do I KNOW that? Because I don’t think Jesus was Lying when he said that if you Believe in Him , “ You already HAVE Eternal Life, and you shall NEVER come into Condemnation.”
I’ve been at this a long time now .....I have seen every Lame , confused, misguided attempt to discredit OSAS......NOBODY has EVER addressed the verse I just quoted from, John 5:24.....” I can assure you: Anyone who hears My Word and Believes the One that sent me, already HAS Eternal Life and will NEVER come under Judgement— he has Passed From death to Life”
How about one if you Unbelievers in this verse step forward and give it your best shot ....somebody like my #1 Fan, Ferris Bueller, for instance .....Enlighten the World on how this Verse does not PROVE that OSAS is True .....or is Jesus a Liar?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
This is why I wondered if you read my whole post. The scriptures (not me, but the scripures) said more than what was said in verse 25; or am I wrong in stating that verses 23 and 24 are part of the same sentence? While forsaking the assembling and lack of exhorting one another are part of it, that's not all there is (but that is all you included). But I cannot deny what the verse is saying: if you hold fast to the faith and provoke one another to good works, you won't forsake the assemling of yourselves together. Like it or not, that is what the scripure says.

Likewise, am I wrong in stating that by starting verse 26 with, "For if" connects it with a previous and specific point (which just happens to be verses 23-25)?

There is no question that those you quoted are in scriptures and they are easy to understand even. The problem does not lie there but how you take those scriptures in relation to verse 26. Some had done the same as you do here and relates not only v.23-25 but also 22. It is not that you are not to relate them to v26, but that, in so doing you entirely missed the point of verse 26 and I would say made a mess of it, if not, add to it what it does not convey, which I have shown In my post.

If I have your interpretation correct, you feel verses 26-28 have nothing to do with verses 23-25. Is that correct? If so, then why are they there together? It then becomes an off topic statement in an otherwise harmonious chapter. In other words, its simply thrown into the middle of an otherwise organized chapter without having anything to do with the actual chapter.
As I pointed out in my response above, it is not that they have nothing to do with v 23-25. They sure have, even the whole chapter or even the entirety of Hebrews.

Now, apparently you skipped addressing my other question. Please kindly do so. I am curious what you have to say about it. It would tell me what you understand then of v.26. Let me repost my question here for your easy reference.

How do you make sense of the matter of willfully committing said sin with the part saying “there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins”?

Also, in my post to you in post #116, I said,

In addition, it is the matter of willfully sinning, the intentional act of offending God that is conveyed in the part of verse 26 which goes “ For if we sin willfully....”. Having said that, making it to convey some sin when it does not is not sound interpretation, if not, adding to it

I would like to know your comment on that. Thanks.

Tong
R1412

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s quite simple..... “ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be Saved” ......I Asked.End Of Story.
Do you think for a minute false believers never asked to be saved?

What I was looking for was whether or not you knew how the Bible says you know if you are saved or not. I see you do not know.

Please take note of what God did NOT say——“ Anybody that asks to be Saved will be put on Probation”
What God DID say is this.....

2 Peter 1:10
10 ...make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Hebrews 6:11
11We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.

See? You don't make sure of your salvation by telling yourself you're saved (even fake believers do that! Lol.). You make your calling and election sure by DOING SOMETHING. Andrew Farley won't teach you this truth. You need to read the Bible for yourself and stop listening to these uneducated, ear tickling, million-dollar ministry teachers.

Note also that it does NOT say.... “ Anybody that asks to Saved will be Saved if you recognize that Jesus is “Essential” for Salvation , but not 100% “ Adequate” for Salvation..
You're preaching to the choir, friend.......again, lol. You're so bent on seeing your boogie man 'works salvation' in what everyone says that you can't see that we're all in agreement that works do not earn salvation. And even when we say works are the result of salvation you still see your boogie man teaching, not what we actually say.

..YOU must do “ Your” Part....( conjure up an adequate Performance Of Law-Keeping and ABOVE ALL — Repent Of all your sins before you die...
'Your part' is doing the works that result from having faith in the promise of God. When works don't flow out of a person as the result of salvation there is no salvation present to produce those works. That's why the Bible tells us that we know we are saved by how we act, not by what we say we believe.

I know you can't see what I just said and you will continue to think I just said 'works earn salvation', lol. You will just continue to see your boogie man doctrine in everything we say and won't see what we actually say.

and make DOUBLE SURE that you never commit a Willful Sin, because the Shed Blood Of The KING OF THE UNIVERSE is too weak to Wash “ those” away”.
I know you can't hear what I'm saying, but I'll say it again—there is no forgiveness available for the person who rejects the Sacrifice of Christ and willfully goes back to his sinning in unbelief and stays there. Contrary to what your teachers have taught you, unbelievers do not get to inherit the kingdom.

Reactions: Wynona

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, dont you believe Him... It is finished, what part of finished is it that christians dont get, if you dont believe you are saved, than you have not enteerd into His rest, and you will always be at work trying to improve yourself
What I'm getting at is too many people are misusing once saved always saved teaching and as a result missing vital teaching in the Bible about knowing if you're even saved in the first place for a once saved always saved teaching to even mean anything.

Few people know that the Bible tells us to do things so we can make our calling and election sure. So, instead of those people deriving the assurance that they are really saved from what they do, as the Bible says, they derive false comfort that they are really saved from their lip service to the Lord and derive assurance that they will be saved when Jesus comes back from a once saved always saved teaching.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hebrews, is an epistle written by Paul.
Some of it is for the Church, and much of it is for the unsaved Hebrews.

Legalists, (self savers) twist verses like this....>"if you sin willfully, there (remaineth) is no more sacrifice for sin".........into this lie..
= ""If you the Christian, sin willfully, then you are going to go to hell.""
Yet, these same, have sinned willfully, since the day they were saved, and probably today.
So, its an amazing level of pretense and dishonesty, to try to damn a born again person to hell on a public forum or from a pulpit, by pretending that you have not sinned willfully, since you were saved. (thats one more sin you've committed).
And this is almost as dishonest as pretending that you can keep yourself saved by "confessing sin", when in fact, you can't even remember them all.

Now lets looking closely at verses that are aimed as unsaved Christ rejecting JEWS (Hebrews), because we need to understand something.
Its this..
No Apostle is going to be giving the Gospel AGAIN to born again people, as Paul is doing in Hebrews 10.
So, when we read that Paul is PREACHING THE CROSS to these unsaved HEBREWS, and pleading with them not to remain in UNBELIEF, ""because there is no more sacrifice for your sin" = if you REJECT MESSIAH and are not born again, then we can plainly see that He is not talking to the born again in these verses, who, in fact have not rejected Christ.

Then, we turn to Acts 28, and read the last 10 verses, and notice that Paul is again dealing with hateful, mean, angry, spiteful, HEBREW Christ Rejectors, (JEWS)... and its the same situation all over again, as you find in Hebrew chapter 10.
This time tho, Paul has had enough of their Christ Rejecting, and he tells them...."see YA, im going to the GENTILES"..
And then, we have the "Apostle to the Gentiles' in "the time of the Gentiles".

So, all this is easy to understand, unless you have been faith warped by a terrible teacher who is trying to deceive you into believe that the Blood Atonement, is only as good as you are.
Notice this person.
=Avoid.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you make sense of the matter of willfully committing said sin with the part saying “there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins”?
I make sense of it by agreeing with it. By "said sin" do you mean a sin that is "willful"? My point is that this verse isn't talking about all willful sins (and I reiterate that if it is we are all in trouble); it's talking about one in particular: that is in verses 23-25. I say that with assurance because the verse starts with "for [because] if". This clearly links the willful sin spoken of to the previously mentioned one.

Even IF you want to say its talking about all willful sin, then you must include that which is listed in 23-25.

In short, I make sense by saying, "That's right", not by saing, "Naw... That's too harsh!" And that also answers your second question.

If we do not hold on to our faith (which includes the specifically mentioned points of assembling and exhorting) we have willfully sinned, troddened under foot the son of God, counted the sacrifice an unholy thing, and have spited the spirit of grace (which comes from faith, which you don't have IF you walk away from it).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is finished, what part of finished is it that christians dont get, if you dont believe you are saved, than you have not enteerd into His rest, and you will always be at work trying to improve yourself
I've talked to many Christians who think it's possible to lose their salvation. They do not believe they are not saved. They believe they must stay in the salvation they have. And not by working to earn that salvation, but by continuing to believe. All the while they are believing they know and are very confident that they are very much saved. Let's give them the courtesy of actually listening to what they say they believe, not what we think they believe.

...you will always be at work trying to improve yourself
Don't you know the Bible says to 'improve'? Not to earn your salvation, but to confirm that you are even saved in the first place. Many teachers in the church have led the body astray away from this vital Biblical teaching. As a result we have a church full of unconverted unbelievers who think they're going to be saved when Jesus comes back. They're told their lip service shows they have faith and are saved, and that they can't lose that salvation. Not knowing that their disobedient, unconverted lives show they have no salvation for it to even matter. They will be among the many of whom Jesus will say 'I never knew you, you worker of iniquity'. But even then these people will plead with Jesus and will make an appeal based on their works of service in the church.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you please expound further on why BB's abounding grace theology is wrong in light of Romans 5:20?
I believe in the Bible's 'abounding grace' theology. But BB's 'abounding grace' theology is DIFFERENT than Romans 5:20. It teaches that you can be firmly in unrepentant unbelief and God's grace removes the guilt of that sin from your account, even while you remain by choice in that unbelief. And when you die you are ushered into the kingdom. All because somewhere in the past you supposedly had faith in Christ, thereby locking in your place in the kingdom no matter what you believe from that moment onward. So, just when you thought the Home of Righteousness was for righteous believers only, here comes the likes of Andrew Farley telling us unrighteous unbelievers will be there too, lol.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I make sense of it by agreeing with it. By "said sin" do you mean a sin that is "willful"? My point is that this verse isn't talking about all willful sins (and I reiterate that if it is we are all in trouble); it's talking about one in particular: that is in verses 23-25. I say that with assurance because the verse starts with "for [because] if". This clearly links the willful sin spoken of to the previously mentioned one.

Even IF you want to say its talking about all willful sin, then you must include that which is listed in 23-25.

In short, I make sense by saying, "That's right", not by saing, "Naw... That's too harsh!" And that also answers your second question.

If we do not hold on to our faith (which includes the specifically mentioned points of assembling and exhorting) we have willfully sinned, troddened under foot the son of God, counted the sacrifice an unholy thing, and have spited the spirit of grace (which comes from faith, which you don't have IF you walk away from it).
What the verse mean to say (sense of the verse) is not your nor anyone’s agreement to it.

By “said sin” I was referring to what you say is the sin of forsaking the assembling and lacking in exhorting another.

Since you don’t seem to see that your take renders verse 26 a mess, let me show you how it is by simple substitution:

The verse would then go as saying, ‘For if we willfully forsake the assembling and lack in exhorting another after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.’ There’s a problem with part in bold. For what has that got to do with the first part? It makes no sense. If you can’t see that to be messy or distorted, well I guess that’s it with that.

And this then is what you teach in addition to that. That one who willfully forsake assembling and lacks in exhorting another will certainly be judged and punished much worse than death without mercy. And that the said sin is a sin where there is no sacrifice for it to be forgiven, thus as being without forgiveness.

Well, .....

<<<My point is that this verse isn't talking about all willful sins (and I reiterate that if it is we are all in trouble); it's talking about one in particular: that is in verses 23-25.>>>

If you read my posts, you will see that I have argued against that. But let me just reiterate it here. The verse isn’t talking about one particular willful sin nor all willful sins. In fact it does not talk about sin. As I pointed out in my post #116, the matter of willfully sinning, the intentional act of offending God is what is conveyed in the part of verse 26 which goes “ For if we sin willfully....”, not some sin.

I would say that it’s a mistake to making V.26 to convey some sin when it does not. Such is not sound interpretation, if not, adding to the verse.

Tong
R1414

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- No one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Spirit
2- One must confess Jesus is Lord to be saved- Romans 10
3- Jesus is Lord means Jesus is God- John 20:28

So if one denies Jesus is Lord/God they are dead in their sins. John 8:24

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, Heb 10:27, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Heb 10:28, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Heb 10:29, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb 10:30, For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. Heb 10:31, It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This passage has created controversy for certain. I will mention one thing concerning its interpretation and then will hand it over to the Andrew Farley and Les Feldick followers to explain the passage according to their teaching.

It seems to me that there is the following verse,

Heb 10:12, But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

This is in the context of Hebrews 10:26; and it appears to show forth that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross is a valid sacrifice.

Thus, in Hebrews 10:26,

Heb 10:26, For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

It can be said that the sacrifice being spoken of is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
God works by the power and revelation of His Spirit to reprove and convict the sinner; and if the Spirit's work is finally rejected, there is no more that God can do for the soul. The last resource of divine mercy has been employed. The transgressor has cut himself off from God, and sin has no remedy to cure itself. There is no reserved power by which God can work to convict and convert the sinner. "Let him alone" (Hosea 4:17) is the divine command. Then "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." Hebrews 10:26, 27. To put it bluntly, what the writer in describing in the letter to the Hebrews is the blasphemy against the holy Spirit, the final stubborn rejection of truth for which there is no forgiveness or remedy. Everything else can be forgiven. I believe this is equally applicable to Christian or non Christian. Yes, even Christians have habits which they cherish and refuse to surrender. In being resistant to the holy Spirit Christians reveal their lack of trust in God. No-one gets to heaven without faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note also that it does NOT say.... “ Anybody that asks to Saved will be Saved if you recognize that Jesus is “Essential” for Salvation , but not 100% “ Adequate” for Salvation....YOU must do “ Your” Part....( conjure up an adequate Performance Of Law-Keeping and ABOVE ALL — Repent Of all your sins before you die , and make DOUBLE SURE that you never commit a Willful Sin, because the Shed Blood Of The KING OF THE UNIVERSE is too weak to Wash “ those” away”.

2Pe 2:18, For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19, While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20, For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21, For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22, But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Legalists, (self savers) twist verses like this....>"if you sin willfully, there (remaineth) is no more sacrifice for sin".........into this lie..
Yet, these same, have sinned willfully, since the day they were saved, and probably today.
So, its an amazing level of pretense and dishonesty, to try to damn a born again person to hell on a public forum or from a pulpit, by pretending that you have not sinned willfully, since you were saved. (thats one more sin you've committed).
And this is almost as dishonest as pretending that you can keep yourself saved by "confessing sin", when in fact, you can't even remember them all.

You have just effectively debunked Hebrews 10:26-31.

Unfortunately, the teaching of the Bible takes precedence over your arguments against it.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me revalation of God, oh wow your really have some issues. That you should ask for yourself. You need it. But any prayer for Him to show me more of Himself than He already has wont hurt, though Christ is far better than any man at that. If it makes you feel like you are doing something and tickles your flesh go right ahead.

You will die in your sins unless you begin to believe that Jesus is the great I AM (John 8:24).

May I ask, what is your take of the phrase “take away” or the Greek word “aphaireó”?

I have no opinion on the matter, having not studied it out. But go ahead and give us your take on the matter.

It is not quite clear to me here what it is you refer to that leads to the result you are saying. Please clarify what created the result of there being no more sacrifice for sin? Are you referring to the first part of verse 26 “if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth”?

Yes.

Do you believe that any one under the law, who seek and keep those commandments by faith have this fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation?

Yes. The only way to be redeemed is to be forgiven through the blood of Christ; and all who are forgiven in this way are not under the law (Romans 6:14).

I believe in the Bible's 'abounding grace' theology. But BB's 'abounding grace' theology is DIFFERENT than Romans 5:20. It teaches that you can be firmly in unrepentant unbelief and God's grace removes the guilt of that sin from your account, even while you remain by choice in that unbelief. And when you die you are ushered into the kingdom. All because somewhere in the past you supposedly had faith in Christ, thereby locking in your place in the kingdom no matter what you believe from that moment onward. So, just when you thought the Home of Righteousness was for righteous believers only, here comes the likes of Andrew Farley telling us unrighteous unbelievers will be there too, lol.

Thank you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've talked to many Christians who think it's possible to lose their salvation. They do not believe they are not saved. They believe they must stay in the salvation they have. And not by working to earn that salvation, but by continuing to believe. All the while they are believing they know and are very confident that they are very much saved. Let's give them the courtesy of actually listening to what they say they believe, not what we think they believe.

Don't you know the Bible says to 'improve'? Not to earn your salvation, but to confirm that you are even saved in the first place. Many teachers in the church have led the body astray away from this vital Biblical teaching. As a result we have a church full of unconverted unbelievers who think they're going to be saved when Jesus comes back. They're told their lip service shows they have faith and are saved, and that they can't lose that salvation. Not knowing that their disobedient, unconverted lives show they have no salvation for it to even matter. They will be among the many of whom Jesus will say 'I never knew you, you worker of iniquity'. But even then these people will plead with Jesus and will make an appeal based on their works of service in the church.
Thats the problem, biblical teaching, we are supposed to be in Christ, to become like Christ we must spend time with Christ, He is the only way, any other way is the backdoor for theves and robbers

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews, is an epistle written by Paul.
Some of it is for the Church, and much of it is for the unsaved Hebrews.
What I've noticed is the church likes to say the parts about losing your salvation are directed to the unsaved Hebrews and the parts about not losing your salvation are directed to the saved Hebrews, lol. That's called discerning scripture according to one's theology, instead of letting the scriptures determine your theology.

Lol, no, that's not the argument. It's 'if you the Christian, stop believing, then you are going to go to hell'. The return to willful sin is the evidence of unbelief. At least give them the courtesy of understanding their argument correctly. No unbeliever is going to enter into the kingdom of God at the end of the age. No exceptions. No once saved always saved teaching is going to change that unmovable truth. You can argue all you want about whether or not they ever truly believed, but that does not change the fact that the person in unbelief is going to hell. Period.

Speak for yourself there, fella. Don't project your experience onto us. I sin for far different reasons. Reasons that don't condemn me to hell because of my faith in Christ. The willful sinner does not have faith in Christ for his sinning in unbelief to be covered by Christ. Christ's sacrifice is only applied to the BELIEVING person, not the UNBELIEVING person.

Born again people don't reject Christ to live in willful, deliberate sin. Unbelievers do that. You have to reject faith in Christ in order to live in deliberate, willful sin. That's why the willful sinner is going to hell, not to the kingdom of God. Wondering if that person ever really believed to begin with does not change that truth in any way shape or form. Make your teaching conform to that truth. Don't change the truth to conform to your teaching.

All sins of the BELIEVING person are instantly covered by the blood of Christ that is continually interceding for them in heaven (Hebrews 7:25). It is the person who is purposely sinning in UNBELIEF for whom the blood of Christ is not available to cover their sins. The blood is only applied to believers, not unbelievers. Willful sinners are living in a rejection of the blood. That's why the sacrifice of Christ does not remain for them and why they can't be forgiven. You can't have the benefit of a sacrifice you do not have faith in. This is Christianity 101. But we have million dollar ministries who don't understand Christianity 101 that insist you don't have to have faith in Christ's blood to be saved by that blood. They say all you had to have was faith in the past. That ridiculous teaching has Christ rejecting unbelievers entering into the kingdom of heaven at the end of the age. That's a joke. It's not worthy of any serious consideration whatsoever.

No Apostle is going to be giving the Gospel AGAIN to born again people, as Paul is doing in Hebrews 10.
WRONG!
Did you forget about the necessity for Paul to preach the gospel, again, to the saved Corinthians? And the saved Galatians?

Besides, look at what the author says immediately after his warning to the Hebrews about the person who sins willfully in unbelief that you insist are not saved.....

Hebrews 10:30-35
“The Lord will judge his people.” e 31It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

So we see very, very clearly that he is in fact talking to born again people. And if you're still not convinced, read Hebrews 6:8-9.....

8But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.
9Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case—the things that have to do with salvation.

So don't try to tell us Hebrews 10 is for fake believers who aren't really saved.

So, when we read that Paul is PREACHING THE CROSS to these unsaved HEBREWS, and pleading with them not to remain in UNBELIEF, ""because there is no more sacrifice for your sin" = if you REJECT MESSIAH and are not born again, then we can plainly see that He is not talking to the born again in these verses, who, in fact have not rejected Christ.
As we can see from the passages I posted your teaching is false. He is in fact talking to born again Christians. He said so himself.

So, all this is easy to understand, unless you have been faith warped by a terrible teacher who is trying to deceive you into believe that the Blood Atonement, is only as good as you are.
Notice this person.
=Avoid.
As we can see for ourselves, you are actually the 'faith warped terrible teacher'. All one has to do is read the Bible honestly for themselves to see you are teaching untruths about being able to willfully sin in unbelief and being saved in that unbelief when Jesus comes back. As I've shown, the author of Hebrews is warning people who received the gospel and born again to not willfully sin in unbelief. We can see that with our own eyes when we read the Bible for ourselves and let it honestly say what it says.

The important thing to do here is to discern once saved always saved teachings in light of the immovable truth that if you are willfully sinning in unbelief you will not be saved when Jesus comes back. But what the church is doing is changing the truth about going to hell for sinning willfully in unbelief to preserve their favorite once saved always saved teaching. That's very, very wrong to do, and it's leading many, many people in the church who aren't really saved to think they are saved.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve been at this a long time now .....I have seen every Lame , confused, misguided attempt to discredit OSAS......NOBODY has EVER addressed the verse I just quoted from, John 5:24.....” I can assure you: Anyone who hears My Word and Believes the One that sent me, already HAS Eternal Life and will NEVER come under Judgement— he has Passed From death to Life”
How about one if you Unbelievers in this verse step forward and give it your best shot ....somebody like my #1 Fan, Ferris Bueller, for instance .....Enlighten the World on how this Verse does not PROVE that OSAS is True .....or is Jesus a Liar?[/QUOTE]

And so..I will ask you one more time, Bueller——-please, do not ignore or evade the verse that’s got you “ Nailed”......Show us all how to “ squirm” and “ twist” your way out of ” THIS “ one.You can’t. Theoretically , if you could ? I got plenty more. Having said that.....let’s juts start with John 5:24....We can shut this “ Hog Wash” down real fast.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about one if you Unbelievers in this verse step forward and give it your best shot ....somebody like my #1 Fan, Ferris Bueller, for instance .....Enlighten the World on how this Verse does not PROVE that OSAS is True .....or is Jesus a Liar?[~/QUOTE]

And so..I will ask you one more time, Bueller——-please, do not ignore or evade the verse that’s got you “ Nailed”......Show us all how to “ squirm” and “ twist” your way out of ” THIS “ one.You can’t. Theoretically , if you could ? I got plenty more. Having said that.....let’s juts start with John 5:24....We can shut this “ Hog Wash” down real fast.....

As concerning John 5:24...

1 John 5:1 tells us that the one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God...

While 1 John 3:9 tells us that the one who willfully sins against Christ is not born of God.

Therefore, I would conclude that the one who willfully sins against Christ does not believe; and that therefore John 5:24 does not apply to them.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about one if you Unbelievers in this verse step forward and give it your best shot ....somebody like my #1 Fan, Ferris Bueller, for instance .....Enlighten the World on how this Verse does not PROVE that OSAS is True .....or is Jesus a Liar?

Out of courtesy and respect to those who think you can lose your salvation, let's examine their argument and ask ourselves why John 5:24 has to mean you can not lose eternal life as you contend. Put your thinking cap on and honestly ask yourself if there is a way to understand eternal life in a way that allows it to be lost and yet it still be eternal life. There is. Can you think of that way? Probably not. But let me know.

I'm sure you think there is only one way to see John 5:24......your way.....the once saved always saved way. I will show you there is another way. A rational, legitimate way. But first take the time to think how it can still mean what it says but mean you can lose eternal life. I'm not going to take a doctrinal stance on it either way (like I say, it's a meaningless argument). Whether what you believe is right or wrong is not the point. I just want to demonstrate to you the narrow, closed off, limited thinking of your teaching.

Last edited: