Hell is Forever - Punishment, Torment or Torture - You Would Not Cease to Exist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Old twinc really had some good points but sometimes it was kind of hard to define them. But then again recently someone here said they could not understand what I was talking about... so who am I to say a word about not understanding dear twinc?

That is heard to believe with you John :)

If "someone" can't understand you, I would guess they were just sidestepping and didn't want to answer but wanted to pretend it was your lack of communication.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is heard to believe with you John :)

If "someone" can't understand you, I would guess they were just sidestepping and didn't want to answer but wanted to pretend it was your lack of communication.
Well it is on the open forum as recently as yesterday or maybe even today. With a long drive to another hospital this PM I've lost track of when anything happened. I am trying to catch up a little here. Between my wife's illness and my computer troubles, I have fallen behind here. Also with her down guess who is chief cook and bottle washer? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without presuming to explain the inexplicable, suffice it to say that Jesus and the Father are ONE and Jesus says in John 10:18 no man takes His life, but He lays it down and takes it up again.

One in spirit, not in person.

As for our Lord's statement that no man takes his life. The Lord fulfilled the law, and that law says that the man who does these things (fulfills the law) shall live (Rom 10:5). Since it was God who initiated this law, He was bound by it, for he changes not. No one including the Father could take our Lord's life (his earthly life rights) if he wanted to he could have kept them, but he chose rather to lay them down in sacrifice for the sake of all mankind.

If he had taken that sacrificed life back, we would all still be under condemnation, but thankfully he did not, the man Christ Jesus remains dead for evermore, however the "new creature" which was in him is now alive for evermore.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Old twinc really had some good points but sometimes it was kind of hard to define them. But then again recently someone here said they could not understand what I was talking about... so who am I to say a word about not understanding dear twinc?
ha, i guess everyone knows a little truth huh

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One in spirit, not in person.

As for our Lord's statement that no man takes his life. The Lord fulfilled the law, and that law says that the man who does these things (fulfills the law) shall live (Rom 10:5). Since it was God who initiated this law, He was bound by it, for he changes not. No one including the Father could take our Lord's life (his earthly life rights) if he wanted to he could have kept them, but he chose rather to lay them down in sacrifice for the sake of all mankind.

If he had taken that sacrificed life back, we would all still be under condemnation, but thankfully he did not, the man Christ Jesus remains dead for evermore, however the "new creature" which was in him is now alive for evermore.
I never said or implied that they were one in person. The three are separate persons which make up the one God

Reactions: Jun2u

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said or implied that they were one in person. The three are separate persons which make up the one God

I don't understand why those who do not believe in the "Trinity" NOT recognize what God declares in the Bible which is God's WORD! Yes, I know they are blind although the verse is ready to strike them in the face as it were.

Genesis 1:26 reads:
"And God said: "Let us (plural) make man in our (plural) image, after our (plural) likeness..."
Is God in this verse speaking for two or three persons? Most definitely!

To it top it off, God made it even more mysterious as He declared in verse 27: "So God created man in His (singular) own image, in the image of God created He (singular) him: male and female created He (singular) them.

Our minds were NEVER created to understand the three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that subsist in the Godhead!!! Only those things God wishes to reveal to us.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Phoneman777

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why those who do not believe in the "Trinity" NOT recognize what God declares in the Bible which is God's WORD! Yes, I know they are blind although the verse is ready to strike them in the face as it were.

Genesis 1:26 reads:
"And God said: "Let us (plural) make man in our (plural) image, after our (plural) likeness..."
Is God in this verse speaking for two or three persons? Most definitely!

To it top it off, God made it even more mysterious as He declared in verse 27: "So God created man in His (singular) own image, in the image of God created He (singular) him: male and female created He (singular) them.

Our minds were NEVER created to understand the three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that subsist in the Godhead!!! Only those things God wishes to reveal to us.

To God Be The Glory
That if you understand what a uniplural is, then you can understand the Trinity.

The Hebrew Name for God - Elohim

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That if you understand what a uniplural is, then you can understand the Trinity.

The Hebrew Name for God - Elohim

I am very familiar with the word uniplural.

What you are proposing is the many different names of God as He reveals Himself to mankind. It is way, way different from the “Trinity” where God speaks of Himself as ONE GOD JEHOVAH, subsisting in three different persons in the Godhead (uniplural).

To God Be The Glory

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very familiar with the word uniplural.

What you are proposing is the many different names of God as He reveals Himself to mankind. It is way, way different from the “Trinity” where God speaks of Himself as ONE GOD JEHOVAH, subsisting in three different persons in the Godhead (uniplural).

To God Be The Glory
No I am saying that God is a uniplural of three distinct individuals joined in a unity of one purpose.

Yes, we see different names and purposes attached to each individual. There is the first person of the Trinity/Father, second person of the Trinity/angel of god that/ god incarnate and third person of the Trinity/holy spirit.

But they remain the Trinity (tri-unity of three equal individuals).

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I am saying that God is a uniplural of three distinct individuals joined in a unity of one purpose.

That is not what you've tried to convey otherwise, you would Not have inserted the article:

The Hebrew Name For God - Elohim which deals with the names of God.

To God Be The Glory

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what you've tried to convey otherwise, you would Not have inserted the article:

The Hebrew Name For God - Elohim which deals with the names of God.

To God Be The Glory

What I said is exactly what I've taught and believed for decades.