Help in beginning my journey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I just recently turned 18 and i’ve been feeling a strong calling to God recently. I want to begin my journey but I have absolutely no idea where to start. How do i begin?
Begin by asking Jesus to come into you life. Jesus is the only way to come to God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You might check out the podcast link 'ReDiscovering God' in my signature below.
Having helpful information makes the journey easier to navigate.

It consists of dialog. The earlier ones are just audio, the later are visual....a you tube connection. I think you'll find them refreshing.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, I just recently turned 18 and i’ve been feeling a strong calling to God recently. I want to begin my journey but I have absolutely no idea where to start. How do i begin?

Hello ttaliaa,

I started by reading the four gospels. That would be my encouragement to do the same thing, and know who the Lord Jesus Christ is, and what he came to do, you could also take notes down a long the way as you go and perhaps as you continue doing this, and even check out more of the letters and history in the new testament, you will come to a better understanding as you trust in God, and pray and ask him to guide you and stay close to him. He will never do you wrong, that I can promise.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to C\B!
Do you know other bible believing Christians? After, as Pearl said, ask Jesus into your life and then repenting and asking His awesome forgiveness...a clean slate, every one of the sins you committed your whole life are forgotten as far as the East is to the West, God remembers them no more, amen!
Jesus commanded us to be baptised in His Name. And then simply pray for His Spirit to open your eyes, bring you out of temptation to sin, and give you boldness to share Christ! And, understanding of His bible.

The best thing IMHO is that you find a group of Christians to learn and fellowship. Just make sure the Christians teachings match up with scripture. God bless and congratulations on the first day of the rest of eternity...it's a ride, for sure and worth every trial and tribulation.
:Zek:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to CB.

The word of God is our beginning. In faith and prayer, God reveals himself unto those who seek him !

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Romans 10
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Reactions: Nancy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I would do is read the Bible, beginning to end. It contains a lot of important information. Remember what Paul taught us: "Pray constantly." (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Start by attending church, being baptized, confirmed with the Holy Ghost, and then take the sacrament. During all this study the bible with some help so you don't mis-interpret it. A good solid orthodox beginning is also a good place to start.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum.
May I suggest that you check out the Christianityexplored Web site for churches in your area that run this course and that you get in touch with one of them.
You can start reading the bible, beginning with the New Testamsnt, ( check the index )
If you are brave enough go to church this Sunday, be bold they won't bite.
Be honest, you are curious about Christianity so have come to learn.
Ask questions of those who speak to you and of the preacher after the service.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

↓ begin here ↓:
Grace, Peace, Mercy And Love

And then:

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In The
Lord Jesus Christ And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided ( I and II ). PG rated "Approved" *
↑ prayerfully/Carefully continue here ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but the first thing you need to do, is let your fire go out.

Not give up, just let go. Then you will know what your faith really meant to you (because you will realise that you can't live without it).

The Christian faith is full of doctrines of men who haven't had the courage to reconcile themselves to God first. They want you to believe this or that interpretation - but Jesus said "don't chase after who men think I am" (gospels, from memory). The true path is to let go, let your fire go out and wait for the Holy Spirit to give you word. The heart of faith is learning to trust the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one who will matter to you, when you don't have anything else.

I let my fire go out, and I realised "I need my conviction to go ahead of me" now I conduct myself in anticipation of the Lord's approval - if I hadn't let my fire go out, I would still probably have looked forward to faith in others, but my life would lack the anticipation I needed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anybody noticed that ttaliaa has not been on since Thursday, when she posted this. I hope she will continue to seek Him.

Reactions: Lambano