Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will never understand these SIN POLICE...as though they are above it all.... GOOD GRIEF!!! Wake up people... WE are all sinners... and we will remain sinners until we are GLORIFIED.... it's part of living in a fallen world... GOD does deal with sin... HE is never slumbering... but How HE sees us is very different that how we seem to enjoy seeing each other.

If you think you are better than the drunk down the street... YOU have a problem... it's called PRIDE... and that is NOT a good thing...

WE are ALL saved by HIS GRACE.... and just because someone learns to dance a pretty dance does not make them better.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am fully aware that brethren correct brethren.... It's a thing...
There is a right way to do this... but so many choose to ABUSE this.
Too many Christians desiring to wash their hands from the blood.
Anyways... you and I will NOT agree on this... so... BLESS you.

Yep, take them to the flogging room, that's the way to deal with it.

Reactions: Truman

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now some people say the person in 1 Corinthians 5 was never saved to begin with. Others say his is saved but since he is living in sin he will lose his salvation and not be saved when Jesus comes back. What does it matter? Neither argument changes the fact that this fellow must stop living in his sin in order to be saved when Jesus comes back. Let's summarize the arguments:

Argument 1: This dude is sinning because he's not really saved. He has to repent and get saved so he can be saved when Jesus comes back.

Argument 2: This dude is saved but he's going to lose his salvation by living in sin. He has to repent so he can be saved when Jesus comes back.

Both points are fundamentally and fatally flawed and demonstrate a wholly defective understanding of salvation.

So you can see neither argument changes the fact that this fellow has to repent to be saved when Jesus comes back. The saved person can not live in sin. He either has to repent because he's a born again person and born again people can't live in sin, or he has to repent because he'll lose his salvation because he went back to his old life of sin. Either way, this guy has to repent!

I need to ask to make sure I know what to fix in your error. What exactly and specifically (with conditions) are you calling "living in sin"?

Christians never stop sinning so are "living in sin" from the moment of conversion until death regardless. There is no such thing as "backsliding" because that would imply we ( as mere humans through our own actions) somehow achieved a physical state of "sinlessness" to "backslide from"- OTHERWISE we are in perpetual "backsliding" ( never attaining the goal of sinlessness in the flesh) with the only difference is person "A" sins more/less than person "B".

None of that matters because God is judging both person "A" and person "B" against His perfect law (not against each other) so they both fail equally.. ( except those who Jesus intercedes for who are forgiven)

There is a 3rd very ridiculous argument that says people are saved even if they live in sin. The misguided reasoning being that since salvation is not by works (which is true) you can't lose your salvation by a lack of works. But as I've shown, 1 John 3:4-10 completely dispels that argument. Living in sin is, ultimately, the sign you are not born again. He doesn't say you're just a really bad, sinning saint. He says you're not born again. And, that we should not be deceived by anyone about this!

This is false on every point- your understanding ( or rather lack of it) is the root problem.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said he had to be turned over to satan so that he might be saved, not will be saved. How does physically dying change the 'might be saved' to 'will be saved'? What does physically dying do to save a person?

If the man Believes Paul’s Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 He is Saved.....case closed....Some Saved people are wise and obedient ....others are foolish and refuse to be obedient .....

A Believer who refuses to be obedient and abuses the Grace of God and does not respond to God's Discipline is not going to continue to hang around and bring Disgrace to God’s Church for the world to see....God and His Grace will NOT be mocked.....

The rebellious Fool will make it to Heaven like everybody that is Saved does— Faith in the Gospel ......He will get the “ reward” for his disobedience as he stands trembling, thoroughly ashamed of himself as he stands before his Maker , spending eternity with zero rewards , other than the fact that he is not burning in Hell...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the man Believes Paul’s Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 He is Saved.....case closed....Some Saved people are wise and obedient ....others are foolish and refuse to be obedient .....

A Believer who refuses to be obedient and abuses the Grace of God and does not respond to God's Discipline is not going to continue to hang around and bring Disgrace to God’s Church for the world to see....God and His Grace will NOT be mocked.....

The rebellious Fool will make it to Heaven like everybody that is Saved does— Faith in the Gospel ......He will get the “ reward” for his disobedience as he stands trembling, thoroughly ashamed of himself as he stands before his Maker , spending eternity with zero rewards , other than the fact that he is not burning in Hell...
So many Christians can't seem to wrap their brains around this TRUTH....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea where this comes from... but WOW... When a woman's baby does not grow up looking like her husband?? REALLY???
Yes. We assume that all people in the church are God's kids, but they aren't if they are not growing up to look like God. They are the offspring of another. They are the seed of the devil. I did not say this. John did...

9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God..." 1 John 3:
9-10
Ultimately, the seed of God does not live in sin, while the seed of the devil does. It's right there in plain words in our Bibles. John is telling the church this so they can tell who is of the seed of God and who is of the seed of the devil and to not be deceived by anyone about this. False believers do a lot of damage in the church. They own the major denominations of the world. True believers have to meet in little groups if they want real fellowship with real believers. If only we'd had the guts to call them out like Paul said to do. Not hate them, but not allow them to fellowship among us in a misguided love for them.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. The one who practices sin is of the devil..." 1 John 3:7-8

You have been deceived, BB.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ultimately, the seed of God does not live in sin, while the seed of the devil does. It's right there in plain words in our Bibles. John is telling the church this so they can tell who is of the seed of God and who is of the seed of the devil and to not be deceived by anyone about this. False believers do a lot of damage in the church. They own the major denominations of the world. True believers have to meet in little groups if they want real fellowship with real believers. If only we'd had the guts to call them out like Paul said to do. Not hate them, but not allow them to fellowship among us in a misguided love for them.
So do you believe in sinless perfection then ?? I never picked that up about you before. The seed of God is planted in our hearts.... and has NOTHING to do with the devil.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many Christians can't seem to wrap their brains around this TRUTH....
Rather, so many Christians can't wrap their brains around 1 John 3:4-10. They reject it out of hand.

John is not telling us to hate fake believers. He's simply telling us to not be deceived by them. They cause a lot of damage in the church. It's why we are where we are today.

Reactions: NewMusic

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John is not telling us to hate fake believers. He's simply telling us to not be deceived by them. They cause a lot of damage in the church. It's why we are where we are today.
LOL at the concept of FAKE believers.... REALLY now... Is this a genuine Gucci bag Marie??? No... It's a fake... Shaking my head...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you believe in sinless perfection then ??
No, I do not believe in sinless perfection.
I wondered if you were hearing it that way, lol.

The Bible talks about the difference between a righteous person struggling with sin, and an unrighteous person living in sin as a matter of an unrepentant lifestyle. The latter show that God is not their Father. They're not growing up to look like their daddy.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who are these people??? Those who are living unrepentant lifestyles?? And I think you know me well enough to understand that I will speak frankly but that I do RESPECT you... and I even LIKE you.... Shhhh.... Don't tell BB....

What is the determining factor of such a person?? I don't understand where these CHRISTIANS are located...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it if you had a child that declared themselves as gay... you would disown them then... or if you had a child who became an alcoholic or drug addict?? Maybe a child who was shacked up because it saves money.
No. But I wouldn't consider them born again, even if they claimed to be.

And as far as the 'gay' issue goes. The temptation to engage in homosexual acts is not a sin in and of itself. Acting on it is. I know there are people who are tempted by same sex attraction and I don't think that's any different than a straight person being tempted to indulge a forbidden straight relationship. We all have different things to deal with. But just so I'm not misunderstood, those thoughts should be dismissed, not indulged in fantasy. That is a sin.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once climbed up a mountain. When I was near the top, I turned and was amazed at what I saw. Stretched out for miles before me were forests, lakes, prairie, and rolling hills. The air was thin and crisp. What a view!
We'd spent hours plodding through trees and rocks, bogs and bush. Thankfully, my brother had been this way before and knew the way.
Otherwise, not only would I have not found my way, I'd have had a hard time imagining that such a vista existed or that I could've ever hoped to see it. The good Lord had made it all for me, but to see it, I had to first make the effort to get up the mountain.
This required faith.

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And as far as the 'gay' issue goes. The temptation to engage in homosexual acts is not a sin in and of itself. Acting on it is. I know there are people who are tempted by same sex attraction and I don't think that's any different than a straight person being tempted to indulge a forbidden straight relationship. We all have different things to deal with. But just so I'm not misunderstood, those thoughts should be dismissed, not indulged in fantasy. That is a sin.
On this we agree.... CAN we just stop here and have a picnic to CELEBRATE?? LOL

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as night gradually transforms into day, one's soul transforms from sinner to saint.
The spirit and the soul are not the same, though together with the body, they make up the whole person.

Reactions: marks

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think on the whole... the LGBTQ community see themselves as outcasts to begin with so Christianity does not seem to be a force to be reckoned with. I would think that those who are of this inclination and interested in Christianity... it would be with the mindset of what you have just described... abstaining from sexual activity... which we are ALL called to do if planning on living the single life.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God indeed DEALS with our sin... all the time... every second of the day HE deals with our sin... the problem is that PEOPLE think it's their JOB to FIND the sin in others.
Actually the problem is not doing what Paul said to do in 1 Corinthians 5. The reason a vast majority of church leaders don't is exactly why we are in the state we are in today. I've only been in one church where the pastor did not allow people living in a sinful lifestyle to attend the church. Back then the big issue of the day was couples living together out of wedlock. Today I'm guessing the major problem is not only that, but people in the church living in a gay lifestyle. Pastors won't call people out now because there would be few people left to support the bloated budget of the church. And they mistakenly think the church meeting is designed to gather lost people together to evangelize them. This is all because of the false social gospel that is leading the church astray.

Reactions: NewMusic

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see the CHURCH denominations to be a totally separate topic from Christians... I do not attend a church... and have in total not attended many... WE have a church here... the United Church.... not only do they perform gay marriages... the pastor herself is a married lesbian... so... in my way of thinking ... I would NOT attend this church due to right off the bat false teaching.

WE see the world totally different you and I... I mind my own business... I know God is good and HE is in the business of saving and redeeming those HE saves... My job is to work out my own salvation... and this does NOT include EMBRACING sin of any kind.

I will never condone sin... even though I get accused of being a GRACE abuser.

It's been a treat sparring with you @Ferris Bueller ... Happy Labour Day.

Reactions: marks