Here is what it all comes down to—- and you’d better get it right!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Joseph

Jul 11, 2020
New York City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were two things I prayed and hoped that she would never do...
1 is have sex before marriage... OH how I prayed... I did not want her to be like me... I wanted her to MAKE it and be that virginal bride.
2 that she would never have to tell me that she was anything within the LGBTQ arena.

Well... in the stretch of the last 12 years... I have been able to take a sigh of relief regarding issue #2
However... she did not pass my desire for her regarding issue #1... I can remember when I discovered this... I thought my heart would surely break... I wept and wept... as though it was all over... she failed.. it's done... NOW WHAT???

I'm sorry to hear that she had sex before marriage.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in '97, my family and I were relocating by faith 1000 miles north from Mobile, Alabama, so my wife could go to school where we believed God had willed. We were in the process of getting a trailer hitch installed on our vehicle. While killing some time, we ran into a young man whose brother was supposed to meet him to buy him an $80 bus ticket to visit his dying grandmother in Birmingham but hadn't showed up yet, and time was quickly running out. We were on a very tight budget for the move, but we just couldn't leave that boy stranded. We bought the ticket, gave it to him, and said goodbye after praying with him. We then went back to pick up our vehicle, only to find that a mistake had been made in the estimate for the installation. An $80 mistake in our favor. I've got dozens of stories like this. You can't out-give God. :)
Good going, this is what the scriptures say is "pure religion".

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David's heart was towards God alone. The other kings were compared to David, in whether or not they went after other gods.

Much love!
I believe the unpardonable sin is "murder in cold blood".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I think God gave the Law because He had good reason and purpose. In fact, Scriptures tells us so.

Agree.

The commandments contained in the Law are not “unobeyable”.

Agree. OT men, Obeyed, fell from obedience. Obeyed, fell from obedience.
Obedience by any particular person, revealed in our Scriptural examples...Was, repeatedly "WHEN", the individual, called on the LORD, and He Was "WITH" them.

However, the requirement of faithful perfect observance is the matter.

Agree.

My perspective...basic.
OT - Law given, guide, know what is accepteble to God, leads to favorable result.
OT - 600+ laws, each ISREAL individual begins as a babe, goes through the learning bit by bit.
OT - Highlight - (Neh 9:14)
* Laws - covering particular everyday situations.
* Statutes - Written commands of God.
* Precepts - Behavioral guidance Between and Among men.

Intent-Manner-Purpose ~ Reason
* Intent - introduction - habit
* Manner - applicable to all
* Purpose - for individual to experience results for obedience, for disobedience.
* Reason - Preparation

*Preparation for what?
- know community is on same page, of knowledge, understanding. (Laws)
- lifelong relationships between men, for best result. (Precepts)
- lifelong relationship between A man and God. (Statutes)

* The UNDERSTANDING * OT Covenant
OT & NT...When God is WITH you, His POWER is WITH you...result is always favorable TO God.

* The UNDERSTANDING * NT Covenant Offering.
When God is WITH you, the SAME...
His POWER is WITH you...result favorable to God.
* (DANGER, and WARNING...) Outside, evil, wicked, trickery, worldly, secular INFLUENCES everywhere....
People (for numerous reasons) can be Tempted, Conned into NOT calling on the Lord....NOT having the Lord WITH them...and instead have evil, wicked...etc. ideas WITH them.
The man is "ignoring the Lord"...result.
The man is NOT "WITH" the Lord.
The Lord is NOT "WITH" the man.
(Called falling into Temptation)
(Called falling from Faith)
* Long repetative WARNINGS in OT and NT.

* NT Covenant -
* New Knowledge, before Kept Secret, not Offered.
* Highlight - Same as OLD...Gods POWER WITH you.
DIFFERENT than OLD...Gods POWER IN you.
DIFFERENT than OLD...Gods POWER IN you. PERMANENT ....FOREVER the Lords POWER, SHALL BE WITH YOU.

* Understanding...All the initial learning, practicing relationships between husband/ wife...between fathers/children...between men....ALL taught to "Practice"..."habit"...
For "lasting / good / relationships"...

* Preparing FOR an ETERNAL Relationship WITH GOD....
* Be SURE...Before you Commit...(2 Pet 1:10)
BECAUSE: A Heartful Commitment TO GOD...
IS FOREVER.
There ... IS NO Leaving.
There ... IS NO Divorce.
There ... IS NO Separation.
There ... IS NO Choosing another god.
There ... IS NO God Leaving you...
(Because He said Forever, and cannot lie).
There ... IS NO oops, changed my MIND.
(A MINDS confession is ineffective.)
There ... IS NO old Heart remaining, to have a "change" of Heart....the Heart has been circumcised...old cut off, dead...given a new heart.)

* SO...can men "BE" WITH God...Follow, learn, believe...then..fall into Temptation?
YES. (Between men & men; Between a man and God)

* SO...can men "BE" IN Christ...
Follow, learn, believe...then...fall into Temptations.....BETWEEN men?
SURE.
(The remedy...forgiveness of Trespasses, correct the wrong, between men.)

Fall into Temptations....TO REJECT God..?
NO.

A man IN Christ, can NEVER "fall out of faith in God, ie fall into Temptations to "stand against", deny, God...
BECAUSE the Lord Gods POWER is IN that man...and KEEPS that man FOREVER "BY" Gods POWER...
(Remembering, the man MADE a freewill, SURE Confession, that that was the mans CHOICE....and God is Faithful...to respond to a mans freewill heartful confession of YES.)

* ONCE "IN" Christ...The remedy for "falling from faith", "becoming Against God" ? (Ie..SIN Against God)
Remedy? Gods POWER. Falling away, not possible.

Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The unpardonable sin is NOTBELIEVING=rejecting God
Matthew 12:31-32
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:28
Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

I'm not sure if someone who has never known God, can blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Can you blaspheme someone you do not know?

Although, taking God's name in vain (the third commandment) i.e. using it as a swearword is a sin against God.

In summery, we need to give honour and glory to God all the days of our life, which should go without saying. If we do not, then I am concerned for the OSAS people who believe they can never be cast out of heaven.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unpardonable sin is NOTBELIEVING=rejecting God
It sure does seem to be tied into this big time .
Remember when the pharisees rejected Christ and said HE cast out the devils by the devil .
In the end if one rejected JESUS they will burn in the lake of fire .
And for proof that good works without Faith in JESUS does not save one look to cornelious .
Cornelius was a gentile who did believe in the true God , who did many alms to the poor and many prayers .
And yet he still lacked one thing , SEND FOR PETER and HE shall TELL you what you must do .
A prime example that this pope is a liar . For it says that is muslims , buddists and others have love and good works
they are saved and know GOD . Not true at all . Cornelius puts a sharp kick in that false lie . Let none of us ever once
heed that false love gospel . And instead point to the TRUE LOVE GOSPEL which POINTS TO FAITH IN JESUS ALONE
as the only means to be saved . Confessing HIM by mouth and believing that GOD has rose Him from the dead . THAT IS HOW
one is saved , and that ALONE is how one is saved . By grace , by FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST THE GLORIOUS RISEN SAVOIR .

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 12:31-32
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Mark 3:28
Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

I'm not sure if someone who has never known God, can blaspheme against the Holy Spirit?

Can you blaspheme someone you do not know?

Although, taking God's name in vain (the third commandment) i.e. using it as a swearword is a sin against God.

In summery, we need to give honour and glory to God all the days of our life, which should go without saying. If we do not, then I am concerned for the OSAS people who believe they can never be cast out of heaven.
It's the sin of rejecting God with full knowledge of who and what you are rejecting.

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's for believers, the unbeliever is condemned already..
Harden not your hearts . For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold the confidence we had in him firm to the END .
Let no man take thy crown . Endure faithfully unto the glorious Lord . Heed the Spirit and not the flesh .
For He will give us both the desire and ability to do the things pleasing unto HIM .
Exhort one another daily lest any man does become hardened from the deceitfulness of sin .