HERESY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a lovely quick study though.

Matt 8:12
refers to the sons of the kingdom--the ones who thought they would be there by right. Jesus says here that Jewish patriarchs will eat with Gentiles as well, and that some of the sons will be cast out.

Matt 22:13 He thought he could enter without doing God's will. He is missing the robes of righteousness that Christ covers us with.

Matt 25:30 This servant is one who never truly served.

Jesus covers every one here pretty much in these. Ones who try to claim by birthright, ones who do their own works, and ones who are followers in name only, never really serving.

For me, the outer darkness means that's it--no chance for eternal life. But I can't tell you how much I appreciate the study you gave me.

Thank you so much!!!
1_zSt0cYVejgpY26d79a9k_5WVXYVKNS5Hm97Ni3Blnys6byJhCq9TteX6skA7J_zLN2kIdFiPfZI1-68K8Rm4R0GCWdUmQlaFl6yaw1t8cUJtxXzNbWpWQaG92LkPPVCryoSqjG

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, aunty! Thank you for that. So, so interesting.

I did see that systematic theology and awful doctrines were the building of a tower trying to go up and bring God down. But you explained it in great detail!

But one time I was talked into praying out loud in a group I had spent a few days with (the only time I have prayed in front of anyone!) and the prayer came out like this: Look! They have all begun to speak the same language. Now, NOTHING they purpose to do will be impossible for them! It was such encouragement and it was a group of women, so there was laughing and crying and cheering and shock.
So I saw that the tower of Babylon works in reverse too. Or will. Or can, if we all speak the same language of the…Spirit, and the spirit of the words and…best I can explain that.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps this will help.....
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101991113?q=darkness+outside&p=par
If you don't want to read it all, just scroll to the subheading, "The Illustration of the Talents".

I hope it helps to ally your fears.

Thank you so much for that. It didn’t help me, but really, thank you. What helps me is when someone connects it with other scriptures, some of the old and some of the new.

I laughed at your misspelling though. I don’t want to ally my fears, I want to allay them! Lol.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had a lovely quick study though.

Matt 8:12
refers to the sons of the kingdom--the ones who thought they would be there by right. Jesus says here that Jewish patriarchs will eat with Gentiles as well, and that some of the sons will be cast out.

Matt 22:13 He thought he could enter without doing God's will. He is missing the robes of righteousness that Christ covers us with.

Matt 25:30 This servant is one who never truly served.

Jesus covers every one here pretty much in these. Ones who try to claim by birthright, ones who do their own works, and ones who are followers in name only, never really serving.

For me, the outer darkness means that's it--no chance for eternal life. But I can't tell you how much I appreciate the study you gave me.

Thank you so much!!!
1_zSt0cYVejgpY26d79a9k_5WVXYVKNS5Hm97Ni3Blnys6byJhCq9TteX6skA7J_zLN2kIdFiPfZI1-68K8Rm4R0GCWdUmQlaFl6yaw1t8cUJtxXzNbWpWQaG92LkPPVCryoSqjG

So that first one, the sons of the kingdom, the “we be the seed of Abraham” men. I see them today too, we be the seed of the Holy Spirit. But then they don’t hear or heed the warnings. About humility, judging unbelievers, mercy, forgiveness. And the doctrines teach them to say they are holy and to not hunger for righteousness in the inside of their cup. Just a big mess. I’m afraid for them. I have the thought (and not without a fair amount of scripture) the outer darkness is for them.

The second one, I see this too, today. Still working on it. But it’s men who truly think they should be there and have no idea they’re not dressed correctly and some they judged, against the warnings, will be welcomed in when they are not.

That third one, I guess I’m still working on that too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ecumenical Councils debated the nature/substance of Christ in relation to God the Father. It was a fool's folly. There is no way they could know, no way we can know because we cannot comprehend it. I have essays on this, mine and others. To say that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are all full-fledged Gods is about as far as you can go. To use the word "same" they are probably not the same.

From there it is beliefs and speculation.....for example Christ.....I speculate that His nature....not defining it!.....Christ ascended to the Father in bodily form.....Both God and Man. To some to degree in the physical and to some degree in a spiritual body. Which expands the concept of the tri-unity in a manner. I believe that the physical man of Christ was not lost. That His human side also ascended to heaven and became part of this unity. Which would be different than God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. But then, this spiritual unity that I do believe in...is there something about this spiritual unity that the human Christ would have an affect....and what would it be?

Christ was conceived of Almighty God....conceived in a young lady.....delivered of the same....I do not think that that relationship or perspective will ever change. Further I believe that this aspect of adoption that Paul speaks of was due to this relationship that Yahweh had with Yeshua and a human female. So we could be adopted into the family of God due to that. Not subjects of Yahweh but true children of God, that I further believe that this adoption occurs at the moment of your first communion. This is my blood...this is my body....He did not say that this is kind of like my blood and kind of like my body. Christ said that if you did not do the Bread and Wine ritual...drink His blood and eat His body....there would be no life in you and He would not abide in you or you in Him...inverse....and would He raise you on the last day?

Eternal punishment and reward....no expiration date....
Your parallels in the Spirit world?...whether it exists as eternal punishment or eternal reward is forever. Neither eternal punishment or the eternal reward in heaven are temporary and the scriptures refer to both as eternal.

Whether it be Gehenna or Hell or the Lake of Fire....which all may be flames with out light....utter darkness. It is all about those in the biblical era trying to convey the horrible punishment that awaits sinners if they do not repent. Fire and darkness was the worst things they could understand so that is how it was described....what if hell is a thousand times worse than fire....how would they explain it?

Leaven....in use, in the literary, it more or less means corruption
In the physical the same...the ancients had various ways of making leaven. But it was never anything clean and fresh....something allowed to sit and exposed to the air. A little bit of rot and a little bit of bacteria.

He spoke another parable to them, “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three pecks of flour until it was all leavened.” Matthew 13:33....this is one of those scriptures that have been debated for centuries.

Now if it said, The world is like leaven....there would be no debate.

But the kingdom of heaven is like leaven?

Christ used leavened bread at the Last Supper....not consistent with the Seder meal for Passover that would occur the next day on Friday. A lot can be read into that.

You....ladies and gents have been talking about the New Covenant....well the term New Covenant does not define or even encompass the meaning of what happened. There were a few Covenants in the Old Testament....and in the Old Testament sin was not tolerated. Yahweh had zero tolerance to sin, that is why everyone had to keep their distance. One sin and you were out forever. You could sacrifice till the cows come home but nothing would provide salvation...nothing would provide a close relationship with Yahweh....nothing would reward them with heaven...the best you could hope for was appeasing God and avoiding His wrath.

In this relationship with Christ we have a different relationship with Yahweh....The New Covenant did not change Yahweh... God the Father, He still has zero tolerance to sin, but by the Cloak of Grace given to us by Christ....Yahweh sees no sin. Christ redeemed us, He paid the price for our sins....and took authority .... God gave Him authority over all judgement and so those sins are between Christ and us....and if we repent and ask forgiveness He is faithful to forgive those that desire to be good. Be good and do good the best you can...Because of this we can be adopted into the family of God and offered heaven as a reward....to be with God as family members, much different than the Old Testament....the Old Covenant. But we are still leaven! LOL LOL

God so loved the world...why does a perfect God love us so much that He would give His Son to be horribly tortured and crucified....? Why? Well there has to be something about us....even though we "got some" leaven in us there is something about us that He loves.

Old Testament....
And the LORD said to me, “Amos, what do you see?” And I said, “A plumb line.” Then the Lord said: “Behold, I am setting a plumb line In the midst of My people Israel; I will not pass by them anymore. Amos 7:8 NKJV

Yahweh could have turned His back on us and walked away from us and never looked back. No more concern, no more sinning against Him! But He did not. Why? Even the best of us have a little leaven and God loves us. We are saved and we will go to heaven....but we will still have a little leaven in us. God loved us even when we were yet sinners....Christ, the Son of God a full-fledged God walked among us and taught us "The Way" to heaven. I am not sure if this is what Matthew 13:33 is referring to...but it could make for a good discussion.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you so much for that. It didn’t help me, but really, thank you. What helps me is when someone connects it with other scriptures, some of the old and some of the new.
The Bible is one story.....they all connect.

Those thrown into the "darkness outside" must do so whilst they are still alive because there is no life after death (as in a conscious part of man that survives death). The Pharisees did their 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' whilst they endured the constant revelations of Jesus when he exposed their hypocrisy and their destiny. (gehenna, symbolic of eternal death, not eternal suffering. Matthew 23) Those who hear the truth of God's word also 'weep and gnash their teeth' at those who expose the lies that they accept as truth. Rather than be corrected by the scriptures, they just get angry.
dislike

I laughed at your misspelling though. I don’t want to ally my fears, I want to allay them! Lol.
Was on my iPad.....gotta love auto-correct....sorry, didn't have time to proof read.
blush

I have had so many laughs with auto-correct....one time I was telling my sister that my grandson "Jesse" was coming for dinner....it auto corrected to "Jesus", so they were excited about my VIP dinner guest.
hihihi

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Didache is most probably between 90 and 120....most scholars believe it is closer to 90AD

I can't remember what I agreed with!

The way the Mass is done today is NOT how it was done in the beginning.
I might have been agreeing with that.
Do you think it is?

Is the above list from the Didache?
I can't remember no. 3
Could you post sources when quoting? This would be normal procedure...
Thanks.

Hi GG,

I wont quible over 20 years but certainly within the era of other apostolic writings.. I believe I linked my source in the original post.. ;)

The way the Mass is done today is NOT how it was done in the beginning.
I might have been agreeing with that.
Do you think it is?

Does this look familiar to you? (I'll link if you dont recognize it ;) )

"And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. "

Merry Christmas!

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It never says the outer darkness is thrown into the lake. It makes me get a headache and queasy because I want it to be temporary.
Why be so concerned about "outer darkess" when Jesus is our "light."

Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."(Jhn 8:12)

And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways, to give knowledge of salvation to his people in the forgiveness of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God, when the day shall dawn upon us from on high to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luk 1:76-79)

And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does what is true comes to the light, that it may be clearly seen that his deeds have been wrought in God. (Jhn 3:19-21)​

But stay away from the JW's. There is where you will see darkness.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whether it's a he or a she is not worth debating - it's what is "light" vs "darkness." JW's doctrine is darkess and is listed as a "cult".
She is the most Kindest of all Christians on this forum I’ve come across, and the most biblically accurate and a good friend and sister. Be careful what you define a cult.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not I alone.

Do you believe Jesus was created?
Do you believe that "the Word was a god"?
I believe Jesus is the Son of God not God himself, Jesus never referred to himself as God and if you are looking to argue, don’t look at me for I know the truth an accept it and will not debate you about it.

Last edited:

Moriah's Song

Sep 6, 2021
Murphy
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and the most biblically accurate
From the Watchower....
  • What Does the Bible Say About God and Jesus? (‎15 occurrences)
    • What comes through very clearly to an impartial reader is that God alone is the Almighty, the Creator, separate and distinct from anyone else, and that Jesus, even in his prehuman existence, is also separate and distinct, a created being, subordinate to God.

No, for the Bible plainly states that in his prehuman existence, Jesus was a created spirit being, just as angels were spirit beings created by God.

• ti pp. 12-16 - Trinity (ti)