Hey Everybody! Owner of the Site here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking for site's statement of faith.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Nancy

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it took nearly 8 months before my last blog post (published back on November 17 2022) was finally posted, this due to having to wait for approval (something new, something which I hope is not going to be taking place on every single post from now on, as that would surely bog down the blog posts), however now it seems the editing tools have disappeared. I have also noticed that (Part 3) of my index has lost all of its material, there’s nothing listed there anymore. We had just finished Chapter 17 of Revelation. In our second index we had finished Chapter 14, so now Chapters 15-17 are missing as well as several other blog post, which were added to the third index.

It is possible if I had my editing tools to fix the Third index as the post are still there under the authors post, but it will take some time to find them all and add them again.

In my post especially with regards to continuing subjects I like to be able to connect one post with the next, which makes it easier on the reader, but without the ability to go back and to add the next page when finished this is impossible. I hope that the administrator can address these issues soon and we can get back to posting.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: RR144 and TLHKAJ

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use Vivaldi (no tracking, etc) and then choose Duck Duck Go there. I never see ads.
Yes, Duck, Duck go secures all my files even my email.
I have set up so much of "turning off" of histories in my apps to prevent tracking.
Ya know I've been told though that even with devices off "they " are still LISTENING to us......lol

Reactions: Debp

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok so in regards to my previous post (#146) having fiddled with it for some time I have found the editing tools for new blog posts, but there appears to be none available for older blog post. I note that all my older forum posts however still retain this feature.

I double checked all my blog post indexes, Parts 1-3, and found that Parts 1 and 2 work find, but when you click on Part 3 it states: “There are no blog entries available to view.”

After taking a second look, I noted that there are two links located beneath the title headline, one which says “Blog Entries” and another which says “Blog details”. If you click on “Blog details” all the relevant entries reappear once again. This feature is not necessary with the first two indexes for some reason.

Now although I have been able to retrieve my entries for the third index, there still appears to be no way to update anything on the page as there are no editing tools available as found on old forum posts. Since I have not yet reached the character limit for a page (10,000 characters), I was hoping to update my index entries (viz., the remainder of Revelation Chapter 16 as well as Chapter 17), likewise be able to add further entries until this character limit is reached.

Without this feature to update older blog post and/or a previous post there is no way to link one page to the next nor to update anything when necessary.

It would be nice if one of the administrators or staff members either addressed this problem or relayed it to the owner as I am sure other blog posters might be experiencing similar issues.

Being able to update older post whether they be forum post or blog posts is crucial to our work in the Lord's service as we being fallible creatures are ever learning and requiring correction ourselves. So when we realize something that we had stated might be erroneous or misleading and require adjusting we need to be able to correct it promptly so as not to cause our brother to stumble where we had.

As a Wiseman once said, 'We should never burry out tent poles so deep that we can't remove them when needed.'

Reactions: grumix8

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now it appears that we must wait for approval before each blog post can be published, the last time I had to wait for for nearly 8 months before my entries were posted. If it becomes necessary for every post hence forth to wait approval before being posted it will only serve to slow things down, making it that much more difficult for an individual to follow a certain thread, especially a thread dealing with a particular subject or chapter in the scriptures. They will have most likely forgotten what they had previously read or lost interest by the time the next post gets around to being posted. This problem is all the more made more difficult as the ability to edit previous posts inhibits ones ability to link them together or to add them to the index.

Question: Why is this "wait for approval" only confined to blog post and not to regular forum post? What's the difference?

I'm sorry but if this is going to be the new policy of this forum I believe it will be best if I move on to another blogging platform, one more conducive to the workings of blogging.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now it appears that we must wait for approval before each blog post can be published, the last time I had to wait for for nearly 8 months before my entries were posted. If it becomes necessary for every post hence forth to wait approval before being posted it will only serve to slow things down, making it that much more difficult for an individual to follow a certain thread, especially a thread dealing with a particular subject or chapter in the scriptures. They will have most likely forgotten what they had previously read or lost interest by the time the next post gets around to being posted. This problem is all the more made more difficult as the ability to edit previous posts inhibits ones ability to link them together or to add them to the index.

Question: Why is this "wait for approval" only confined to blog post and not to regular forum post? What's the difference?

I'm sorry but if this is going to be the new policy of this forum I believe it will be best if I move on to another blogging platform, one more conducive to the workings of blogging.
You probably should address this with lforrest or Angelina because the owner isn't here much.

Gardorath

Jul 22, 2023
Canada
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Canada
Hey everybody!

My name is Dan Doughty, and I have just recently taken over as new ownership of this site from Rex and Brent about 2-2.5 weeks ago.

I would just like to say that I am extremely excited to be part of this great forum and hope I can be a valuable contribution to the site and to all of you over time.

A little about me... I'm based in Temecula, CA, and married with 3 kids. I have a history of ministry, having worked on a college campus for a number of years with a college church ministry where I had the privilege to see many college-aged students become Christians and lead Bible studies. Now, my family and I attend a local church here in Temecula.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing how I can be helpful. Really excited to learn how things are being done here and how I can best serve the community!

Hope you have enjoyed the new emojis I added the other day at the request of @lforrest and @Angelina

They have provided me with a list of improvements requested that I intend to take a look at and try to implement as quickly as I can. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can help all of you with the site if needed.

279875675_10229115538531989_4253197634100338811_n.jpg
Hi! You have a beautiful family. I am new to your forum, so hopefully I will find some new friends here!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi! You have a beautiful family. I am new to your forum, so hopefully I will find some new friends here!
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided! (+ I and II!) * ← PG rated "Approved" *

Grace, Peace, And JOY!…

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance:

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey everybody!

My name is Dan Doughty, and I have just recently taken over as new ownership of this site from Rex and Brent about 2-2.5 weeks ago.

I would just like to say that I am extremely excited to be part of this great forum and hope I can be a valuable contribution to the site and to all of you over time.

A little about me... I'm based in Temecula, CA, and married with 3 kids. I have a history of ministry, having worked on a college campus for a number of years with a college church ministry where I had the privilege to see many college-aged students become Christians and lead Bible studies. Now, my family and I attend a local church here in Temecula.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and seeing how I can be helpful. Really excited to learn how things are being done here and how I can best serve the community!

Hope you have enjoyed the new emojis I added the other day at the request of @lforrest and @Angelina

They have provided me with a list of improvements requested that I intend to take a look at and try to implement as quickly as I can. I'm looking forward to seeing how I can help all of you with the site if needed.

279875675_10229115538531989_4253197634100338811_n.jpg

Hi Dan.... It doesn't seem like you are as engaged as you originally planned to be here. I know that many of us were looking forward to having a new owner committed to improving the forum over time and willing to solicit feedback from members toward that end and I really do think that you've made great progress that I want to commend you for.

Have you considered adding a Chat feature here? I have been frequenting your other site- www.christianforums.com and I've enjoyed the Chat Box you have running there, where members can engage and get to know one another on a more personal basis. Id love to see you incorporate that add-on here as well. Please consider it.

Now that you have at least these two forums where folks can discuss Christian beliefs, I was wondering if perhaps they were different by design, or are they just that way because you got just what you bought and they were already decidedly different... In the time that you've owned and operated this site, the change has been remarkable in terms of Moderator behavior and interaction with little interference. They are simply doing a great job here. By comparison, on the other site where I post and interact exactly the way I do here-- I've been dinged with multiple warnings and bans-- for things they deem unacceptable. That site is decidedly "liberal," often anti-American, very Catholic, and not particularly friendly. The Moderators are over zealous, unreasonable and heavy-handed. Maybe over time, things will improve there as it did here once you stepped in, but unless you do step in, that place will remain a hot mess.

If it's different 'on purpose' then, so be it. If it's a work in progress, then wonderful... chip away at it and make it beautiful. If it's an entirely different audience you are targeting with it, then I can accept that and move on from it. If you would consider adding the Chat feature here, I'd have little reason to visit there-- but many of your members here are members and in many cases 'supporters' over there, providing revenue for the site, despite poor treatment. It's disheartening.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Dan.... It doesn't seem like you are as engaged as you originally planned to be here. I know that many of us were looking forward to having a new owner committed to improving the forum over time and willing to solicit feedback from members toward that end and I really do think that you've made great progress that I want to commend you for.

Have you considered adding a Chat feature here? I have been frequenting your other site- www.christianforums.com and I've enjoyed the Chat Box you have running there, where members can engage and get to know one another on a more personal basis. Id love to see you incorporate that add-on here as well. Please consider it.

Now that you have at least these two forums where folks can discuss Christian beliefs, I was wondering if perhaps they were different by design, or are they just that way because you got just what you bought and they were already decidedly different... In the time that you've owned and operated this site, the change has been remarkable in terms of Moderator behavior and interaction with little interference. They are simply doing a great job here. By comparison, on the other site where I post and interact exactly the way I do here-- I've been dinged with multiple warnings and bans-- for things they deem unacceptable. That site is decidedly "liberal," often anti-American, very Catholic, and not particularly friendly. The Moderators are over zealous, unreasonable and heavy-handed. Maybe over time, things will improve there as it did here once you stepped in, but unless you do step in, that place will remain a hot mess.

If it's different 'on purpose' then, so be it. If it's a work in progress, then wonderful... chip away at it and make it beautiful. If it's an entirely different audience you are targeting with it, then I can accept that and move on from it. If you would consider adding the Chat feature here, I'd have little reason to visit there-- but many of your members here are members and in many cases 'supporters' over there, providing revenue for the site, despite poor treatment. It's disheartening.
Admin.....
Last seen Feb 7 of this year.

Hmmmmmm

Reactions: Pearl

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admin.....
Last seen Feb 7 of this year.

Hmmmmmm

He's not 'just' an Admin. He acquired this site and similarly bought the other site- christianforums.com

It's unfortunate, because in the beginning he seemed genuine in wanting feedback and interaction. I guess life gets busy for all of us.

He lives less than 30 minutes from me. I've asked if he ever would care to meet for coffee, and would love to do so. coffee:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's not 'just' an Admin. He acquired this site and similarly bought the other site- christianforums.com

It's unfortunate, because in the beginning he seemed genuine in wanting feedback and interaction. I guess life gets busy for all of us.

He lives less than 30 minutes from me. I've asked if he ever would care to meet for coffee, and would love to do so. coffee:
How would you know he lives that close to you?

Reactions: Debp
Status
Not open for further replies.