hi

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

what rhymes with purple?

• Total voters

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but do you have an idea about what actually solves the problem of false doctrine?
That is the million dollar question.... I believe only God can deal with FALSE beliefs... The doctrinal debates go on for page after page after page.
I have brought my own sword in a few times... and have discovered that those who NEED the corrections are NEVER open to receiving them... nor can they be silenced. SO.... it's all a waste of time. Anyways.... again... these are NOT my forums... and my welcome to you went kind of sour.
I apologize.

Reactions: Mayflower and post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the million dollar question.... I believe only God can deal with FALSE beliefs... The doctrinal debates go on for page after page after page.
I have brought my own sword in a few times... and have discovered that those who NEED the corrections are NEVER open to receiving them... nor can they be silenced. SO.... it's all a waste of time. Anyways.... again... these are NOT my forums... and my welcome to you went kind of sour.
I apologize.

No apologies necessary, you're being very honest with me, and that's worth a lot =]

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try.... Had you REALLY and SINCERELY been interested in ASKING me a question... you would have said... Addy... can you tell me what you mean by legalism?? But you said... Can you please show "us"... I'm not stupid.

No, there was nothing whatsoever wrong with my question. I asked you a question, and you simply found and excuse to evade giving me an answer....so, yeah, nice try.

Unless you can answer the very simple question, I'll have to assume, you know you were making a false claim, so thanks just the same.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@TheslightestID ... Your question was a trap... and again... I'm not stupid...

Have a good day. LOL

I find it interesting that of all the doctrines I brought up in my post to @post ... you zoomed right in on LEGALISM. Very interesting...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again... my sincere apologies for de-railing this thread which is in the WELCOME section.

@post You're gonna need a BIG SWORD!!!

Reactions: Mayflower

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@post You're gonna need a BIG SWORD!!!

that happens to be the kind i specialized my training in =]

PVO7S9F.gif

Reactions: Mayflower

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sti
@TheslightestID ... Your question was a trap... and again... I'm not stupid...

Have a good day. LOL

I find it interesting that of all the doctrines I brought up in my post to @post ... you zoomed right in on LEGALISM. Very interesting...

Still with the copout. No trap, no zoom just a question, and no need for more excuses, it's clear you cannot answer the question, so why not just move on.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe i can

conditional on what ?

Or maybe you cannot....obedeince/obeying Christ, is not legalism, one thinking they can earn their way to heaven is legalism, and I know of no one who touts that.....some just like to claim they do.

Now show me someone who touts legalism, please.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
obedeince/obeying Christ

so your answer is 'salvation is conditional on obedience' is that correct?

can you give a specific example of 'obedience to Christ' ?
that phrase is as yet poorly defined in our conversation. what do you mean by it?
in particular the 'obedience' that you say determines salvation vs. damnation?

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so your answer is 'salvation is conditional on obedience' is that correct?

A question directly from the master of confusion, once again, attempting to confuse the issue.

That is what I call faith, and salvation is conditional on faith. See? faith in Christ, at least in my book, includes doing what Christ says we must do.

Do you think we must do as Christ says in order to get to heaven?

Read the parable of the sheep and goats, the one you brought up, now what happened to those who didn't do what Christ said they must?

There are two simple questions there, please answer them both as I answered yours.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi; i'm post.
i'm a mathematician.

some of you know me already - i've been on the CC forums for 7 years or so, and a friend suggested i visit here.

i'm somewhat amazed and appalled at the heresies openly flourishing here just having read through a couple of threads in the last week! but this is reflective of the state of the 'church' in these last days - just as it was written. i don't expect to be very popular here, because i intend to speak about the Truth: He brings a sword.
but if we do become friends, it will be real and everlasting. brothers; sisters. =]

anyhow greets.
forgive my directness
Hello and welcome to the forum
HUGS
:)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What rhymes with purple?

I give up..lol
Only thing I can think of is, Orange and Purple both have Red in common.
But that don't rhyme..
does it?
LOL
HUGS

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question directly from the master of confusion, once again, attempting to confuse the issue.

That is what I call faith, and salvation is conditional on faith. See? faith in Christ, at least in my book, includes doing what Christ says we must do.

Do you think we must do as Christ says in order to get to heaven?

Read the parable of the sheep and goats, the one you brought up, now what happened to those who didn't do what Christ said they must?

There are two simple questions there, please answer them both as I answered yours.

I see that you slandered me without any justifiable cause, calling me "master of confusion" which is by implication, you accused me of being Satan - but I don't see that you answered my question. So I'll add a couple more. =]

Is it correct that the doctrine you preach is "salvation conditional on obedience?" or is it "salvation conditional on faith"?

Is "obedience" a physical or a non-physical property?
Is "faith" a physical or a non-physical property?

"obedience to Christ" is as yet undefined in our conversation - can you please give an example of specifically what you say must be 'obeyed' in order to receive salvation rather than damnation?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already did, in that parable of the Sheep and the Goats

I am a stranger here - did you welcome me?
No: I asked you for help, and you called me Satan; I asked you for bread and you gave me a serpent.

Does this mean you are not saved?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was saying friend @Addy, regarding swordsmanship, a master-stroke in the Liechtenauer tradition both parries your opponents attack and strikes him at the same time.
That's an example of physical skillfulness with the sword which has a spiritual corrallary, if you catch the meaning =]

Consider our Lord's responses to Satan testing Him in the wilderness - He both rebukes the accusations of the Adversary and exposes his sin, all with a single riposte.

It's this sort of handling of our spiritual sword that I aspire to; He set aside His glory to appear to us as our example of perfect humanity, Adam 2.0, undecieved and without sin.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you slandered me without any justifiable cause, calling me "master of confusion" which is by implication, you accused me of being Satan - but I don't see that you answered my question. So I'll add a couple more. =]

Is it correct that the doctrine you preach is "salvation conditional on obedience?" or is it "salvation conditional on faith"?

Is "obedience" a physical or a non-physical property?
Is "faith" a physical or a non-physical property?

"obedience to Christ" is as yet undefined in our conversation - can you please give an example of specifically what you say must be 'obeyed' in order to receive salvation rather than damnation?

I answered your questions but you completely skipped mine....that is no way to carry on a proper debate. This always happens, the opposition wants answers to their question, we answer, and they cop out when it is their turn.

When you are ready for something other than a one sided, unfair debate, let me know, other wise, will assume you are unable to hold your own.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a stranger here - did you welcome me?
No: I asked you for help, and you called me Satan; I asked you for bread and you gave me a serpent.

Does this mean you are not saved?

Actually, no, you are trying to defend a false doctrin, and your "poor me" routine isn't helping your case...

Either debate or dance around it.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What rhymes with purple?

I give up..lol
Only thing I can think of is, Orange and Purple both have Red in common.
But that don't rhyme..
does it?
LOL
HUGS

In the 1964 song, Dang Me, by Roger Miller, there was an actual rhyme with purple, and it went something like this.

"Roses are red, and violets are purple, sugar is sweet, and so is maple syrple"

So, there ya go. :)